𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄.

By juicytiti

Giselle was not like the other girls, women like her were rare to a man like Gino. Her best friend would sacr... More

𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐑𝐄.
𝚘𝚗𝚎.
𝚝𝚠𝚘
𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎.
𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛.
𝚜𝚒𝚡.
seven
eight.
nine.
ten.
UPDATES ARE COMING
eleven.

𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎.

4.8K 397 68
By juicytiti

"Please give me a sign. I don't know what to do, and nobody seems understands." Giselle closed her eyes as she shuffled her Tarot deck.

Her fingers were flicking through the cards; she was spreading her divine energy into them. Her heart was pounding, and after an argument with her mother, she needed some guidance.

She paused, feeling that the cards were ready to be placed down. She took her left hand and slid the cards out of her grasp, one by one, into a three-card spread.

Giselle bit down on her lip before flipping each card over. She had a close relationship with her cards; she'd sleep with them, and pack them off wherever she went. They meant the world to her, and whenever her guide wasn't around, she could depend on her cards for answers.

She turned over the Queen of Pentacles, a card she had seen repeatedly in her readings. This card represented Giselle, and it talked to her. It was telling her that she was such a mature and loving girl, and that was true.

Giselle kept the ones she loved close and wanted to take care of the people she loved. It was always in her heart to protect and nurture.

Her next card, the 7 of wands, made her roll her eyes. Her cards seemed always to be right, and she didn't even have to speak on the issue at hand. This card read that she was still playing defense. Her mom seemed to have this realization that Spirituality and Giselle's beliefs were nonsense.

She was frustrated, and sometimes Giselle would take her anger out on her mother. Her approach wasn't always the best, but she didn't know any other way to break it to her. The two of them were always at each other's throats, and Antonio always seemed to be the middleman.

Giselle was envisioning another therapy session, but it wasn't just her, it was her and her parents. Therapy was a solution to the problem, but she felt as if the therapist would lean more onto Racquel's side.

She looked at the last card and smiled. The Hierophant was a card about seeking guidance. Just after having that vision, she was starting to have hope in the situation. It was also an indicator of her spirituality; finding some clarity within was also vital to her.

There was a soft knock at her bedroom door. Her father peeked his head through, and all he could do was smile. He loved seeing her in her zone and doing what she loved. He was getting more and more interested in her journey.

Giselle looked up at him with sunken eyes. "Hey," she spoke softly, and he came to sit down on the edge of her bed.

Her room was full of things that interested her. Her whole place was just one large vision board; she kept her bookcase full of different things she picked up.

Her shelves were full, and you could always find something that interested you. Astrology, Moon Phases, the 12 chakras, Spirituality, and of course, her history books.

She had an obsession with crystals; she had over twenty and wanted to open a metaphysical shop when she got older. She just always had these goals and visions on what the future had in store for her. But there were some blockages, and sometimes those images were cloudy.

"I just wanted to come here to tell you I don't mind what you're doing. This is your life, and me or your mama can't tell you who to be. I think she's confused, maybe we can all sit down and talk," he shrugged his shoulders. He was trying so hard to play both sides because he understood both aspects of the issue.

"You don't back me up, though, daddy. It's not fair, she's wrong, and you know she is," She responded, her feelings were hurt. She knew she was defenseless in this situation and didn't even have support.

Her mom always dismissed her arguments with, you're the kid, and I'm the parent. And that was getting her nowhere; sometimes, the parent isn't always right. Losing your child is far worse than anything they're interested in. Rocky was slowly losing her daughter because she was afraid of what she didn't understand.

"Elle, have you seen your mother?" Antonio chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. He knew his wife had a one-track mind, so it was hard to get through to her.

"You just let her run over you. She's not always right, you know? She can be wrong. You need to put her in her place," Giselle proposed. That girl was never afraid to stand up for what she believed in, and they both knew Rocky's motives were all messed up.

"You sound like you, the parent," he snickered and looked his daughter in the eyes. "But I'll take care of it, sorry for not having your back,"

Giselle just nodded and began shuffling her cards. There was nothing like reading yourself. And tarot cards gave you the cold truth, the truth you probably don't want to hear, but it's needed for growth.

"What I gotta do to get one of them card readings?" He leaned over and she twisted her lips.

She loved reading people with the cards, but she could also do psychic readings. She never really said anything to her parents about it, they turned her out when she was younger. They just thought it was a phase she was going through.

But Giselle knew the minute she saw spirits; it was something special about her. She didn't run them off either. They stayed, and with time she could control when she could and couldn't see them.

"Well, let's start with this aura," she laughed, moving her hand in a circular motion. "It's like this murky brown color. You're tense, daddy. And it seems like you have a hard time opening up to people. You wanna hold onto something when it's time to let it go,"

"Well damn," he said stunned, he didn't even want the reading at this point. She was already on the right path and she hadn't pulled the cards out. "What's an aura, and how can you see it?"

"There's an energy field around you. Every emotion you feel, your thoughts, and burden are all thrown together to create this bubble. Yours is brown, but it's constantly changing. It could be green or blue tomorrow," she explained, trying to make it as simple as possible, but he was still a bit confused. "And I can just look at you and see it. You can see it too, just takes practice,"

"Hmm," he sucked his teeth and watched her hands. He didn't know anything about these cards and was convinced it was all just a coincidence how they worked on people.

"Okay, I'ma just do a basic three card spread. It'll just be about your past, present, and future." She spoke shuffling the cards with such enthusiasm, things like this warmed her heart.

If only her mom could just accept her like this, the house could be more of a home than a hell.

She was ready to deal the cards and she sat them down in front of her father. "Okay, now flip them over,"

He closed his eyes like it was some surprise. He was excited to see what the future looked like.

"Daddy, open your eyes," Giselle laughed and he peeked one eye open, looking down at the large moon and wolves that howled up at it.

"Uh, what this mean?" He scrunched his eyebrows together and rubbed his chin trying to see if his intuition had a clue but he was drawing blanks.

"When you were younger you were in a dark place? I'm just going out on a limb cause I see you, Uncle Kojo, and Uncle O," she said closing her eyes for a split second. "There was a lot of bad energy back then, I'm assuming y'all were in some gang, the three of you,"

"Alright, that's enough," he laughed jokingly. "But yeah, it was the three of us for a while. We were some bad boys, the type of boys I'ma need you to stay away from,"

He just had to throw that last part in, he knew somebody was going to end up with his daughter. It was bound to happen but he didn't want her dating a boy that was how he used to be, ruthless, rugid, and dangerous.

He'd done some unspeakable things in his life and looking back he wishes he could've done it differently.

"I have quality taste," she smirked and motioned for him to flip over the next card. "Oh they gassing you,"

She rolled her eyes. "The King of Cups is a sign that you've matured a lot since a kid. I think I played a role in you changing your ways for the better. You are also authoritative and have a role to play for the youth but you've been doing your thing,"

"How the hell these cards know all this? Like this shit is really crazy," he raised an eyebrow and slowly flipped the last card.

"I don't know but the cards have never been wrong," She snickered and began reading the last card to him. His future card, the card that was going to advise him to do things differently or keep them the same.

He nodded his head as she talked because he figured things were going to be headed down this road.

"I think you just need to work on not rushing into things. Your path is clear daddy. You may need to work on being over protective and letting your emotions get the best of you,"

"I'll keep that in mind," he nodded his head. "What other abilities you got?"

"I have a sixth sense, you probably won't believe me but I can see spirits. They're all around us but you can't see them with the naked eye," she spoke with ease, hoping this time he'd believe her.

He just looked at her, not really knowing what to say. It amazed him that his daughter had such a gift.

"That's unbelievable," he held his chin, his mouth slowly gaping open as his brain turned wheels. "I really don't even know what to say,"

"You don't have to say anything," she laughed. "It's a lot to take in but I had this gift for a long time. I have his spirit guide, his name is Ewaki and he helped me get through it. Y'all didn't believe me but he encouraged me to keep going,"

"I'm sorry babygirl," he shook his head and pulled her into his arms. "I know that was hard for you."

"Well, I'm glad you're accepting me now." She gave him a soft smile.

"I've always accepted you, it was just a real slow process. As my daughter I have to accept you no matter how unique you are,"

"Thank you," she closed her eyes and kept her arms wrapped around her father's waist.

She was projecting all her loving energy into his spirit and he felt it, sending his right back.

"Antonio," Rocky opened the door and looked at her husband. "Kojo's here,"

"Aight," he said patting on Giselle's back before pulling away.

She was his world, he was doing everything so her and Rocky could have everything they needed.

He wanted to protect her and now that he knows about her gift, he really had to protect her.

"Is Gino here?" She tilted her head and smiled, her answer being answered. Her best friend came in with a Whole Foods bag.

"What you in here doing?" He looked around and dapped up his uncle. "How you doing Unc?"

"I'm good, you ready for college?" Antonio chuckled and Gino shook his head. If only he could take off a semester to rest, but that's what summer break was for.

"Ready as I'll ever be," he shook his head. "Giselle, you wanna bust a few blocks? I brought you that Kombucha shit you like and some mangoes,"

Antonio made his way downstairs so him and Kojo could talk business.

"Can't say no to that," she put her cards up and sat them on her nightstand.

"Romeo wit' me, if that's coo' witchu," he twisted his lips knowing she'd have a mouthful to say, but it was fine she could ignore him.

"Of course," she said in an annoyed tone, sliding her feet into her Nike slides.

-

this book is gonna be more on giselle's pov but the book will stay in 3rd pov if that makes sense.

i hope nobody is confused about giselle tho lmao.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

703K 35.2K 42
"Someone as amazing as you should be cherished."
303 45 19
A guy who cares, a girl who doesn't believe him.
60.1K 3.4K 29
You keep me open I'm so devoted to you.
Only Me By Cake

Teen Fiction

12.7K 544 38
"You want attention?", I try to fill in. "Not just attention, it's more than that" "You sound like you just want at-" "You", she cuts me off. "I do...