HE'S MY EX HUSBAND

By chickennnnnout

Na Jaemin : You left me Lee Jeno! It was you who wanted to divorce me. It was never me. Never my decision. Bu... More

Welcome back 'Lee Jaemin'
Beyond the divorce
Give me your sunshine
Give me some rain
Give me another chance
Prey and Hunter
Possessiveness
The Truth
Sneak Peek
Walk You Home
Great, Romantic Night
!!!New MarkHyuck Book!!!
The season of the leaf
His Precious Kiss
Flaw🔞
The Calm Before the Storm
Returning Favors
Don't Try Me
Too many questions, too little answers
Candle Light
The Love Puzzle🔞
NEW (?) Nomin Completed Book
I Love You, Lee Jeno
Just hold my hands
HI
Imagine If
Missing Puzzle Piece
Copying Alert
Love Again
Welcome Home Lee Jaemin (Fin)
Extra Part 🔞
NEW BOOK
Smut Part 2🔞🔞🔞🔞
NEW BOOK![hate grows]
Extra Part 2 (Valentine's Special)

Steal a chance

6.3K 270 211
By chickennnnnout

Chapter 12 | Steal a chance

It is such a bright, bubbly day but the discussion under the warm rays is rather serious and darkening.

"So you are telling me that Na Jaemin isn't aware of him being raped."

An wicked intention that is disguised in an angelic smile liftens her mood. Choi Hana brushes her long and smooth hair to keep it in one side. A cup of coffee is scalding hot but she is able to drain down a sip without a change in expression. Her delicate gestures are detailed and her movements represent a mischievious plan she has.

"I want you to have the access to the photos of that night. I am sure that Lee Jeno's mom has it. I will try in my own way to get them but to make sure, you find another way. Use as many men as you want for this task. I will give you a bonus"

The man disappears afterwards, already strategizing methods to carry on the task. As long as the money is on his fingertip, he will not hesitate to make a move.

With another graceous smile on her perfect face, Hana beams in satisfactory. She takes out her phone and intensely stares at the photo that was sent a few days ago.

There, the bright screen provides the images of her husband-to-be and her energy, enjoying a fancy meal at a fancy European restaurant.

"Lee Jeno. You dare to refuse me and go out on a date with him. You'll face the consequences of this mindless behavior" her smile grows into a thin line.  "I will make Na Jaemin to run away from you."

🍁

"Wow! Look at you two..you guys look so happy."  Chenle's high pitch voice is expressed in sarcasm.

The two men, side by side, are being the "moodiest" since the beginning of the morning.

Jisung looks at Chenle in pure confusion because he totally doesn't get the sarcastic satire that is set upon Haechan and Jaemin. But he chooses to remain silent, not knowing what to say or how to change the topic.

They are currently meeting up for the preparation of contracts and letters Jaemin will be needing for the meeting at SM in the afternoon.  Haechan is responsible for the company's track of previous collaborations and therefore, his job is to point out the fact they need to put in the process of starting a new project with the other company.

Jisung is learning those skills from Haechan because he is going to be assigned as Haechan's assistant in the near future while Chenle is just hanging out by the side.

"Take a break if you need Jaemin and Haechan Hyung. You guys look so tired." The Chinese leans back to the back of the sofa and Jisung silently watches him.

Only with Chenle's reminder, Jaemin stops from flipping the papers mindlessly and looks at Haechan, who is terribly in a serious mood.

"Lee Hyuck. What's the matter? Are you sick?" He asks with the exact same depressing look as Haechan. The man being asked doesn't even know he was questioned by Jaemin since he keeps digging in to the pile of papers without a specific reason.

The younger males just watch them helplessly. Jisung turns his face to look at Chenle and he is welcomed by the knowing looks. Chenle shakes his head and softly sighs, signifying Jisung that he doesn't know anything about the extremely awkward atmosphere.
Jisung nods in acknowledgement and he curls up his thumb and points it to the door as his chin follows up to show the direction. His silent request to leave the room is accepted by Chenle with a happy smile and two nods.

"Umm.. Jaemin hyung..we'll take a rest for a while outside. Is that okay?" Chenle asks, eye glaring to Haechan because he is the only one who pays no attention to the enviornment.

Jaemin dismisses the younger boys. He really thinks that the boys are being ignored and their time are being wasted with the two souless bodies.

Jaemin is convinced that he's in a better condition than Haechan because the friend of his isn't responding to anything. At least, Jaemin is able to snap out of his thoughts and concentrate on some part of the environment.

"Haechan! Hey..Hyuck! Lee Hyuck!"

"Huh? What? Oh—Jaemin..yes?" Just like person whose soul instantly sticks back to their body, Haechan finally wakes up from his deep thinking.
"Where are the kids?"

He points out to the sofa infront of them from seeing the absence of Jisung and Chenle. Jaemin narrows his eyebrows, suddenly being so concerned about his friend. He has never seen Haechan being like this before. So uncontrolled and clueless.

"Hyuck..what is going on? You look...off."

He states in a worried tone but he's not sure how the statement goes inside Haechan's ears because he apologizes softly.

"No..don't say sorry to me. I'm not scolding you Hyuck. I really feel like I need to know what's bothering you alot. I know I am not the one to talk since most of the time I am the off one but still... something is surely bothering you."

Jaemin softly rubs the nape of Haechan's neck. He knows Haechan likes to be comforted that way since they met.

"Take you time..but I am always here to listen." Jaemin smiles and reassures his friend that he isn't try to force him out.

"No..I think I will feel better if I tell you"

Jaemin's chest tightens seeing the watery gazes that are looking into the distance and not to his eyes. He realises that Haechan is trying to keep those tears to himself and that looking into Jaemin's sympathizing eyes will only makes him uncontrollably cry.

"It's okay Hyuck.." the artist tries his best to calm the trembling back of Haechan. He pats on the back softly and  patiently waits for him to be able to speak.

"I..I am in love with someone who has a lover." His soft voice admits finally. Tears roll down like waterfalls and Jaemin can't pretend like he doesn't see them anymore. So he makes the man faces up to him.

"Haechan-ah..." he wipes away the tears with his fingers and Haechan leans in.

"I don't know why I am so stupid like this. Crying over someone with just a pathetic one sided love. "

"Oh..Haechannie..No, you are not stupid. It's not like you can control youself when you love someone. It's not your fault"

"I feel sorry for everyone because I am being too emotional.... I- I don't even know how I can.." he sobs and heaves with no control. Jaemin's strokes on his hair are his hopes and wishes for Haechan to stop hurting himself with feelings. "..Jaemin ah..tell me..how can I stop myself from loving him?"

He desperately looks at Jaemin and begs for the answer. The artist's mouth opens up to give an answer–he wishes to give an answer– but he couldn't come up with one. This is the same question that he has for himself. How can I stop myself from loving Jeno?

Haechan is a sunshine in Jaemin's life. He always have something to come up with to brightens Jaemin's life in the darkest days but him? He is just being someone to lean in for the boy to cry on. He can only do the least amount for the boy. He feels useless and unimportant but he knows he won't leave his friend in the dark alone.

🍁

"CEO Lee, It's exactly an hour away from the meeting at SM. Will you be fine? You still haven't completely recovered yet and you haven't touch the lunch–"

"Is Jaemin going to the meeting?" The deep voice interrupted the secretary's worried speech. The man is taken aback for a second but he recompose his stance and recalls some information to recite.

"Yes. Since this is the final meeting before the project is confirmed, the head of all three companies will attend the meeting."

Jeno sighs and slowly nods. He is aware that it is the plan he constructed in order to get to meet Jaemin everyday with the project as a reason. But it was before all these problems occur. Now that he promised Jaemin to not show up in front of him, Jeno has to come up with something to avoid the situation where he has to disappoint Jaemin again.

It has been a whole week that Jeno hasn't see Jaemin. It was extremely hard to control himself from not being able to see, hear or embrace the adorable human being. One time during midnight, he temporarily lost all of his thinking abilities and when he finally regained them, he was in front of Jaemin's house, under the heavy rain. Just right before he pressed on the bell, his mind luckily restricted him. With a harsh hit on his head, Jeno scolded himself and drove back to home. That very same night, he got an extremely high fever. Even his mother couldn't ask him how he got it since his only reply was that he deserves it.

It was a hell. During the previous two years, he handled the same hell: not being able to run into Jaemin's warm hugs when he's tired, not receiving the sincere kisses that only wish him the best, the lack of those bubbly giggles that fluttered his heart the same way it did the first time. Oh gosh, a less painful road he chose to walk into because the other road will not guarantee his last breath.

During the week that seems like forever, his heart rebels against him by aching and breaking down whenever he couldn't remember the night Jaemin had to unwillingly accept him. His worries enhance the pain when he remembers the purple marks on Jaemin's fair neck. He destroys the last bit of chance he has for himself.

"Umm..CEO?" The voice snaps him out of the thoughts and Jeno forcefully closes his eyes from the sudden terrible pain in his forehead. It is the leftover of the fever that makes him suffer severe headaches.

"A-are you okay? Do you want me to call—"

Jeno stretches out his palm to terminate his paniked secretary. He knows the unwellness will be over soon so he silently massages his forehead, hoping it will be over instantly.

"Go ahead and prepare the documents. Don't forget to make SM change their unfair profit percentage from the rest. And for the latest form, agree to Jaeminnie's contract about keeping the records confidential. I don't want to harm Jaemin's business." He instructs within a breath.

"Uh..y-yes sir. But your lunch. Miss Choi has brought this herself so umm.. don't you want to have a taste before the meeting? It's a shrimp porridge." He slightly pushes the bowl to grab Jeno's attention but it is useless.

"Take that away. Bring me coffee."

"B-but sir..coffe is—yes sir" Seeing Jeno's emotionless glare, the man quickly stops himself and discards away the bowl in his hand. He softly closes the door and only dares to release his breath afterwards.

"Lee Jeno..you are such a coward" he softly mumbles tiredly. He lies on the back of the sofa and eases along with the comfort.

Shrimp Porridge. He smirks. It is Jeno's favorite but only when Jaemin cooks for him. The Choi lady might think herself as wise to stick around his mother to get his personal information but Jeno would say with the attitude like that, she can never get close to him.

Jeno realises he's being bitter and mean to her considerate actions but to be fair, he declares that he can't accept anyone if not for Jaemin. He knows that and he makes everyone knows that, including Jaemin but that cute little being chose not to accept it.

The only thing that is keeping Jeno from completely giving up on the day is from the fact that he's meeting Jaemin soon. As much as he doesn't want to break the promise, it is more pathetic to control himself not from seeing him.

"I am sorry if I break this promise to you Nana. But I really want to see you" a smile creases on his lip as he stares at the silver ring on his finger.

🍁

"Hello? Is this Lee Jeno?"

Haechan completely finishes openning up the curtain of his office when the other caller picks up his call. He sees Chenle on the other side of the glass, waving at him and happily mouthing 'You're back!'

Haechan just smiles and waves him back before returning to the call.

"Jaemin just left. I thought I needed to report it to you." He informs and takes a seat back.

"Yeah..I-I know.." Haechan stops fidgeting the pen as he senses guilt in Jeno's voice.

"How do you know?"

"Haechan...I am not sure how Jaemin will react to this but..the third collaborator for SM's project is me."

The pen in Haechan's hand completely drops to the side of the table and small noise gathers his attention back from spreading out.

"Daebak!! Lee Jeno..you sly bastard!" He insluts but in a good mood. He bends down abit from the chair to get back the pen and continues ,"He's probably going to be mad..?"

Haechan lightly teases, half seriously, but Jeno's deep sigh makes him worry.

"Is something going on that I don't know?"

"......." the silence on the other caller makes Haechan to naturally shut his mouth too.

"I..I- we..had.." another loud sigh is heard again, "At my dad's party a week ago, I refused the engagement with Choi Hana."

Haechan gasps and he covers his own mouth, whispering a soft 'sorry' a second later. He is more than excited to know this new but he knows there much more than this because Jeno doesn't sound great.

"I had an arguement with my mom and I was so stressed that I went to the bar afterwards. It's the end of what I remember, Haechan. After I woke up, I was next to Jaemin. On his bed. And he's..covered with love bites.."

"WHAT!?" Haechan was listening calmly and patiently to Jeno at first but as soon as hears the last part, the fury in him boils up and he has to stand up to express it.

Chenle's head snaps up from the sudden sharp movement and he slowly lowers himself down not to make the younger worry.

"What did you just say Lee Jeno?! You mean..y-you.."

"He's right. I am just a selfish person. I always prioritized my own feelings. That's why I destroyed my own chance of having him back"

Haechan has a major headache now. He doesn't even know Jaemin is dealing with that. The painter looks fine outside aside from the dozing offs and the day dreams in the middle of the meetings. Oh....that's why he has been wearing turtle neck sweaters for the whole week.

"Wow..wow..you are not even sure you did that to him..maybe..um..y-you only gave him those.." Haechan suggests with a tinted face.

"I don't know Haechan..but I promised him that I won't show up in front of him again. He wants me to do that and now we will have to meet because of the meeting"

This time, Haechan sighs. He was able to release his stress from Jaemin's comfort this morning but he isn't able to return the favor to him this time.

"Jeno ah..don't worry too much. You know Jaemin. He's soft and kind. He won't yell you to go away."

"But he doesn't want to see me. He told me to be with Choi Hana. I am still conflicting over seeing him today or not."

"What are you going to do Jeno? Do you think hiding away from Jaemin will help both of you?"

Haechan impatiently states. He knows the reason behind Jeno being this hesitant but then it will take him no where. Jeno is usually the risk-taker. His stuborness is something that even Jaemin couldn't handle sometimes. However, this new Jeno is even more frustrating. Always doubting over his actions, being hesitant in making a move and being a small, fragile and severely hurted human being. Of course, Haechan can understand Jeno the most in the moment but in order to be able to help his friends, he has to be an evil person in this relationship.

"He's pushing me away to Choi Hana"

Haechan bites his lip to express his anger. He's not sure why Jaemin was doing this when he obviously did not mean what he said.

"That's why you have to get closer to him more. You have to show how you love him and only him."

At the end of Haechan's convincing words, Jeno seem to be confident about meeting Jaemin.

Haechan just wishes he can make the two lovers have a perfect life with each other.

🍁

Jaemin does not want to know how to express what he is feeling currently.

For sure, it is the anger he is expressing in his eyes as the body in front of him shrinks down more and more, not looking him back.

He is sure it's the burning fury that pile up in him. He's getting annoyed by  every seconds of the air conditioning fanning out cold air from it. The non-stop talking SM's CEO who is most likely to continue preaching about business matters Jaemin won't neccessarily understand. Everything is annoying him but the worst of all is Lee Jeno's pale face in front of him. The fact that he's trying to hide away from him by shrinking down to the chair makes it even worse.

The man is obviously sick but he's not even wearing enough clothes to keep himself warm. There is only a layer of button up white t-shirt and a medium length dark coat upon it. His ears are all red and tinted from facing toward the air conditioning and Jaemin counts the time he excuses to sneeze since the meeting begins. It has already been six times! In the time spam of 10 minutes!

He really wants to pull him out of this meeting room, wrap him in four layers of blankets and force him to sleep. Why the hell is he showing up for a meeting when he is that sick? And that god damn man can't stop talking and asking so many questions to Jeno. Why is he not aware that he's sick?

Jaemin's intense glare sends chills to Jeno when he accidently lands his eyes on him. He quickly looks away and pretends that he didn't just look at him.

"So CEO Lee..I really want to know this demand behind stepping back on the financial contract"

"Oh..you shouldn't have word it that way. It wasn't a 'demand'. Since finance is very important for all three of us, we just want to have a hand on the calculations ourselves as well."
Jeno's voice brings Jaemin back to the real business conversation and not on Jeno's ears that are becoming redder and redder.

"So Does our Na Jaemin-sshi also think this way?" The old man suddenly faces to Jaemin, which obviously startles him since the attention is on him.

He doesn't know the meaning behind the question so he helplessly looks at Jeno, who is already looking at him. Jaemin loses his words from forming when he directly gets to see how weak Jeno is looking. His eyes are intense–as always–but they show the visible weakening strength the man has. He really is very sick. The original sharp bone is looking even sharper from the skinnier look he is having now.

"Jaeminnie?" He softly reminds him from overthinking.

"I..I think the same as Je–CEO Lee"

The old man nods and hides his disappointment.

"Well..if two out of three thinks this way..then we go with what the majority wants"

Jaemin releases his breath quietly when the attention is draw away. He doesn't know anything but his first natural instinct told him to believe in Jeno. So he did.

The rest of the meeting, Jeno smartly answers to every questions thrown at him. Of course Jaemin knows how successful Jeno is but he never seen him in a professional meeting before. The man is clever, wise and quick-witted. He knows what his words can lead to and therefore, he never answers in ambigiuity. He has the ability to pin point the fact if he dislikes and can immediately bring up the discussion to get the deepest information. Under the name of a 'collaboration meeting', it is just a competition between two successful businessmen and Jaemin is there only for show. He isn't complaining though because he's not Lee Haechan and he can't lead a business talk like his friend can. He's just a painter and all he knows is art.

🍁

"Thank You. It was a great time talking with two young men" The SM's CEO finally concludes the meeting. As the manner goes Jeno immediately stands up and Jaemin cluelessly follows what his ex-husband does. Jeno shakes his hand with the old man and Jaemin does the same with a smile, to which Jeno frowns.

"Well.. I have a next meeting to attend so unfortunately I won't be able to escort you two back downstairs. Allow my secretary to do so." He shows his hospitality and Jeno politely nods.

"That's fine. We are thankful for your time."

The man smiles and exits the spot, leaving the two behind.

They awkwardly stands beside each other with Jaemin just blankly staring at Jeno as if he's about to kill him and his ex-husband looking like a guilty criminor.

"Lee Jeno!" He starts and Jeno prepares himself with a single breathe in. He's really having a headache right now but he doesn't have a heart to not listen to Jaemin because he's the one who breaks the promise.

Jeno faces the adorable angry being and waits for his scolding.

"Why did you drink that coffee?"

Jaemin pouts and raises his voice. Jeno's secretary walks to him, knowing that his CEO is getting scolded by apparently his ex-husband.

"I..." speechless, Jeno scratches his head and looks at Jaemin with his widened eyes.

"How many times in the past have I told you? Huh? Avoid drinking coffees when you are sick because you consume like 5 or 6 cups aday with empty stomach! Wait.." he walks closer to him and Jeno's eyes follow to the cute being.

"Don't tell me you didn't eat your lunch as well?"

"Uh...I..."

"He didn't eat his lunch" a voice behind them interrupts and it was Jeno's secretary who intentionally exposed him. To be fair, he needs to take care of Jeno's health in addition to his works and therefore, he needs to use any resources to make his CEO follows a healthy lifestyle.

Jaemin sharply glares at him again.

"Go back now and have some lunch. Take pills and go to sleep. Take a rest for today Jeno" his worried tone makes Jeno smiles. It warms his heart knowing that his love still have care for him. Jaemin leaves all of his ego and the past while scolding Jeno to have enough rest.

"Nam Sihoon-sshi, please take Jeno back to his home and don't let him go back to the company" he snaps his head back to the secretary and the man happily nods.

"Nana..wait..I don't want to go back"
Sihoon suddenly pauses from wanting to grab on his CEO's arm.

"Lee Jeno. Do I look like I am joking?"

Jeno shakes his head. He feels a pain in his head suddenly and squinches his eyes to relieve it.

"Jeno..." Jaemin suddenly changes his tone seeing Jeno being in pain in front of his eyes.

"Jeno ah..listen to me. Get a good rest today and go back to work tomorrow. You are making yourself suffer by doing excessive work. Remember what I've told you before? You have to take care of yourself so you can take care of m–....."

"You. So that I can take care of you." Jeno completes with a smile. He finally gives in to what Jaemin wants him to be. He is just glad that Jaemin wasn't mad about him breaking the promise. Maybe he's the one who's being so much aware because he's the one who made a mistake. Probably the guilt turns his fears into something that might happen which makes him hesitate.

Seeing the stubborn man melts into his words reassures him abit. It weights him down tiny bit from making Jeno rest. He knows about Jeno and that the man really can be hard to convince.

Afterall, I just have to accept that I need you in front of my eyes for every seconds just to make sure you are fine.

_______________________________________
Sneak Peak》》》

"Can you please leave? I don't need these"

"Jeno oppa!"

"I think I make myself clear on how I feel about this"

"You are going to regret it"

***********

"J-jisung ah..w-wait!"

"Lele...why are you hiding away from me? Hm? You are distancing yourself away these days"

"I-..I am not..let's talk over there.."

"Tell me..what is bothering you? Did I do something wrong?"

*******
"Lee Haechan? Hey!"

"Did you just pretend that you didn't see me?"

"N-No? H-Hi Mark Lee..It's been a while"

*******
"Jeno,please don't leave me"

"Nana..I am here with you"

"You still love me right Jeno?"

"I always love you Nana. Don't ever forget about that."
______________________________________
Please excuse my typos ^.^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 1.1K 31
what if your highschool enemy appears back to your life? well in that case that is happening to Jaemin right now jeno,jaemin nomin/jaemjen ! ╏⁠ I do...
220K 7.9K 116
jaemin_dance You've been really weird lately, Lee Jeno LeecatNo something changed and it's your fault jaemin_dance what have I done now? LeecatN...
9.8K 456 30
[In which Na Jaemin can't help but find himself trying to reminisce the past that he seemed to have forgotten and comes across Lee Jeno, who does eve...
25.7K 768 22
"I'll let go of him. Promise me jaemin. Take care of jeno. I'll give him to you." - this is kind of toxic -grammatical errors - wrote this way back...