Steal a chance

Chapter 12 | Steal a chance

It is such a bright, bubbly day but the discussion under the warm rays is rather serious and darkening.

"So you are telling me that Na Jaemin isn't aware of him being raped."

An wicked intention that is disguised in an angelic smile liftens her mood. Choi Hana brushes her long and smooth hair to keep it in one side. A cup of coffee is scalding hot but she is able to drain down a sip without a change in expression. Her delicate gestures are detailed and her movements represent a mischievious plan she has.

"I want you to have the access to the photos of that night. I am sure that Lee Jeno's mom has it. I will try in my own way to get them but to make sure, you find another way. Use as many men as you want for this task. I will give you a bonus"

The man disappears afterwards, already strategizing methods to carry on the task. As long as the money is on his fingertip, he will not hesitate to make a move.

With another graceous smile on her perfect face, Hana beams in satisfactory. She takes out her phone and intensely stares at the photo that was sent a few days ago.

There, the bright screen provides the images of her husband-to-be and her energy, enjoying a fancy meal at a fancy European restaurant.

"Lee Jeno. You dare to refuse me and go out on a date with him. You'll face the consequences of this mindless behavior" her smile grows into a thin line.  "I will make Na Jaemin to run away from you."

🍁

"Wow! Look at you two..you guys look so happy."  Chenle's high pitch voice is expressed in sarcasm.

The two men, side by side, are being the "moodiest" since the beginning of the morning.

Jisung looks at Chenle in pure confusion because he totally doesn't get the sarcastic satire that is set upon Haechan and Jaemin. But he chooses to remain silent, not knowing what to say or how to change the topic.

They are currently meeting up for the preparation of contracts and letters Jaemin will be needing for the meeting at SM in the afternoon.  Haechan is responsible for the company's track of previous collaborations and therefore, his job is to point out the fact they need to put in the process of starting a new project with the other company.

Jisung is learning those skills from Haechan because he is going to be assigned as Haechan's assistant in the near future while Chenle is just hanging out by the side.

"Take a break if you need Jaemin and Haechan Hyung. You guys look so tired." The Chinese leans back to the back of the sofa and Jisung silently watches him.

Only with Chenle's reminder, Jaemin stops from flipping the papers mindlessly and looks at Haechan, who is terribly in a serious mood.

"Lee Hyuck. What's the matter? Are you sick?" He asks with the exact same depressing look as Haechan. The man being asked doesn't even know he was questioned by Jaemin since he keeps digging in to the pile of papers without a specific reason.

The younger males just watch them helplessly. Jisung turns his face to look at Chenle and he is welcomed by the knowing looks. Chenle shakes his head and softly sighs, signifying Jisung that he doesn't know anything about the extremely awkward atmosphere.
Jisung nods in acknowledgement and he curls up his thumb and points it to the door as his chin follows up to show the direction. His silent request to leave the room is accepted by Chenle with a happy smile and two nods.