The Dead One: The Final Grudge

By ShihoFujioka

Give me Sympathy...Give Me Sorrow... How far can one boy go just to save the girl he loves...? Kuro has one c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Extra Chapter
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Epilogue (1/2)
Epilogue (2/2)
Q+A
Q+A (Again)

Chapter 72

32 3 24
By ShihoFujioka

Once Kuro had told Mei everythign of what her family had done to Yokai-chan in her past.

Mei, who looked ready to cry, wasn't the least surprised at all.

Mei: Why...Why do my family have to be this way...why couldn't we all just be a regular family without even trying to hurt one another or hurt someone else...

Kuro: Well that's just the thing Mei...your family never saw each other as family at all. For instant, your family could be a toxic family...

Mei: T-Toxic Family?!

Kuro: Yeah...Toxic families are those where there is mental, emotional, physical or sexual abuse. I am going to assume that because you that already know this because of what they put you through. You are having problems because of it and that you want help but no other than Koutarou-Sensei bothered to help because they treated him the same way. So to either make sense of what is going on or to know what to do about it. Or probably both!

Mei:.......I don't even know to answer this...I just everything to go back to normal...

Kuro: Yeah...

Mei: Kuro?

Kuro: Yes Mei...

Mei:....I...if I make everything go back to normal...if my family still treat me as they always do...maybe...I should just stop talking to them....

Kuro: You mean by cutting them off from you?

Mei nodded.

Kuro: I see...

Mei:....Am I doing the right thing...I mean...they're my family but...only Koutarou Oji-san acted like family to me...

Kuro: It's for the best Mei... IYou are allowed to cut toxic people out of your world. Even if you have a strong history together because of your bloodline, even if they are family, you are not obligated to keep them around if they are causing you pain. You are allowed to leave them in your past. It's your choice...not mine...

Mei:.....

Kuro: Just give some time...

Mei: Okay...If anything...I just want Koutarou Oji-san back...and everyone else that tried to make up for me...

Kuro: Yeah...I gotta get Shouta and the others back...

Mei nodded as they continued down the tunnel until it comes to a halt.

Kuro: That's it...?

Kuro sounded disappointed as he looked around.

Kuro: Is this where everything leads too...This has to be a dead end.

Mei: Hmm...

Mei suddenly felt an instinct to look up and noticed something.

Mei: Kuro!

Kuro: Yeah?

Mei: I think I see something on top of the ceiling. It looks like a hatch.

Kuro: Hmm...Alright. This could be our way out...Let me give you a boost.

Kuro let's Mei climb on top of him as she begin to reach for the hatch.

Kuro: You sure are really light, Mei.

Mei blushed a bit.

Mei: Really?

Kuro nodded.

Kuro: It's not a strange thing to say, is it?

Mei: N-No...Not really...

Kuro: Huh....

No one words were exchanged between their small talk as Mei finally reach for the hatch and begin to open it up.

She started to climb out of the hole and dusted her dress for a moment before looking around.

Kuro: See anything?

Mei: I can't...It's too dark...

Kuro: Hold on...I'm coming...

Kuro used his powers to give him a bit of a boost and jumped towards the hatch. He climbed inside to greet Mei and looked anywhere for a light switch.

Once he finally found it through the darkness.

He turned on the lights.

Kuro:.....

Mei: Oh My....

Kuro: No way...this is...The School's Library...?

They were back...in Yongedu High?

Kuro: How...?

Mei: I...have no idea...that the wine cellar had connected to the tunnel all the way to the school.

Kuro scoffed.

Kuro: Looks like your father knew more than he was letting on...

Mei:.....

Kuro: Mei?

Mei: K-Kuro...Look...

Mei pointed into another direction as tears poured down her face...

Uh-oh...

Kuro turned his head to meet the dead of Koutarou-Sensei, Nora-san, and Shiomi-chan...

Shiomi-chan was headless and blood was pouring out staining her shrine maiden outfit.

Nora-san was brutalized and beaten to the point of death...

And Koutarou-Sensei...God...Hs looks like he had it worst...

Like what happened to Hibiki...

One of his arms were missing, his leg was twisted in a odd angle...and one of his eyes were gouged out...

But that's not the worst part...

His stomach was cut open and his innards were missing...

Kuro: Shouta...Please tell me you didn't...

But he did...

Possessed or not, Shouta did all this some time after he woked up from his coma and slaughtered them...

Kuro: *Growls* Yokai...

He didn't care if she had an horrible past. Just don't drag others into your personal vendetta. That's what he wanted to say with venom but held them back when he saw Mei was crying.

Mei: *Sobs* *Hiccup*

Kuro pulls Mei into a hug.

Kuro: Come on...Koutarou-Sensei would still want you to keep going...We'll bring him and the others back...You'll see...

Mei:.....Okay...

Kuro: Right now...it looks like they managed to crack the code open to the hidden library...It seems that whatever lies within this area. Yokai-chan doesn't want us to know...maybe that's the reason why...she had Shouta...

He didn't finish that answer but Mei did for him.

Mei:...because they were close to finding out the truth...

Kuro: Right...

Both of them walked into the hidden room, together.

This is it...

Whatever lies through the hidden room

Their chance to reverse everything of Yokai-chan's influence upon the world...

It was now or never...

-Timeskip-

Mei and Kuro walked into the white room.

The place looked empty despite the fact that there was a small table nearby with only one book.

Mei: Is this it....?

Kuro: This must the secret item that was hidden within the library.

Once they gotten near the book.

A powerful aurora was settling around it...

Kuro: Tch...that power...it's strong...

Mei: It's the power of a witch...

Kuro: I can't be able to go near it...but maybe you can Mei...

Mei nodded as she carefully went over to the book.

Kuro, who had no choice but to recoil away from the book, because of it's power like a fly would to insect repellent.

Mei didn't feeling anything at all...

The Book of Dark Magic...

The negative energy the book gave...

She immediately knew who it belonged too...

Someone who was long dead and had controlled of it before...

Her ancestor...

Mei: Misaki-chan...

She had used this book to get through to Mei. She was the wielder of the book before it was taken from her before her death.

The book remain hidden for many decades...until now...

Mei grabs ahold of the book. Positive energy begin to flow out of her and straight into the book.

Suddenly the dark aurora vanished replacing it...with a light...

Kuro was astounded by what happened...

Kuro: Mei...you...

Mei: I...have controlled it...?

Kuro: But didn't you lose your powers to your other self...

Mei: Maybe...unless I still have some abilities to use them...

Kuro them smirked.

Kuro: That means you can also control your powers by now. Wow...That was fast though...but then again...there's still a way that you can reverse everything! Mei, this is your chance to make things right!

Mei made a smile.

For once, she could do something without making anymore mistakes.

Mei: Yes...

Kuro: Then do it Mei...read the instructions in that book carefully and reverse Yokai-chan's curs-!

"Hehehehehe!"

Both of their eyes went wide...

Oh no....

Not Now...

???: You though it would be that easy? Did you really believe you won?

Yokai-chan suddenly appeared and grabbed Kuro by his shoulders lifting him in the air.

Kuro: What the-?! Let go!

Mei: Kuro! Let him go!

She ignored them as she continued to giggle evilly.

Yokai: Yokai-chan wants to play one more game~! You can't escape~!

Mei: Eh?

Kuro: (Why do I feel...light-headed...)

Kuro's eyes begin to close much to Mei's horror.

Yokai: Game Over~!

Mei: NANI?!!

Suddenly, a black aurora surrounded the light making it disvolved into nothing as Yokai-chan continued to giggle evilly before disappearing with Kuro as Mei screamed through the darkness.

The Final Game Begins...

Mei: KURO!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

November By Angel

Teen Fiction

1.4K 448 22
A second. So many things could happen in a mere, fleeting second. But what if a second was all it took. For her, all it took was a simple second, and...
Twisted By

Horror

379 16 5
A mentally ill boy with a lot on his mind, falls in love with the popular girl in school, who just so happens to be his best friend since childhood...
1.8K 64 15
Y/n Moves to a New Town leaving his... Past But it comes back again can he save himself from fate again? Tw: Self Harm Abuse Violence Strong words et...
131K 3.9K 32
Anim, A boy that came along as a two package deal with Yui Komori to a mansion that has some THIRSTY (literally) vampire brothers. Will the boy sur...