The Jela Mueseum

By kingspeterandcarter

It is absolutely awesome and very, very interesting and suspenseful. It is a tale about a young boy of 17 nam... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Chapter 3

4 0 0
By kingspeterandcarter

ᘀ Annie ᗽ

You can't imagine the confusion I had when I woke up in the house its walls made of gingerbread. William was locked up in a simple cage suspended by a rope and sleeping soundly. When I looked down at my hands they were also tied up. I looked around. I was in some sort of living room. There was a strong smell of licorice and... chocolate.

As I continued looking around I saw two things-one of which was what I was looking for a knife. I leaned through the bars and grabbed the knife with my teeth and started savagely hacking at the rope the knife held firmly in my teeth.

No luck. It seemed to be able to withstand anything.

The other object was a simple mirror, plainly embroidered and while the mirror itself didn't attract my attention, the thing inside it did.

It was a very ugly, plump green witch with a monstrously large nose covered in lumps. Her eyes were plain light gray with a hazy look, a sign of blindness. Her hair was long and greasy filth, upon her shoulder rested a large black crow.

"Seems kinda familiar", I thought, as a cackle drew me from my daze.

"Hehehe! Tasty childs for dinner yum, tasty childs. I will spice them up." the witch said.

It was a very strained, scratchy voice. like nails on a chalkboard.

"I haven't eaten children in such a long time, Herbert." the witch continued, speaking to the bird. "Not since Hansel and Gretel."

The witch continued with her work, muttering, inaudible things. Suddenly William began to stir.

"William, stay quiet!" I said in a harsh whisper.

"Why? We're safe and I'm with you," he answered, half-awake and oblivious to everything around him.

"Oh, you're such a boy. Did you happen to realize that you're bound and in a cage?" I spat back, angrily, not hearing him completely

Why are boys so half-witted all the time, I wondered.

"Oh, yeah that's sorta my fault," he mumbled, embarrassed.

"Did you notice that this house is made of candy?" I said not listening. "I mean of all the houses we get the one made of candy and inhabited by a witch."

"Well, maybe this one isn't " he replied wistfully.

I was seriously about to punch him in the face.

"You're locked up!" I said, barely controlling myself.

"Yea, good point. Sorry," he replied, meekly.

There was a noise from the kitchen and then the voice.

"I hear voices! Is my little cuppycakes awake?" the voice said. "I've got a special surprise for you!"

I turned to William and mouthed, "She might be blind", he nodded, looking much happier.

Suddenly a bush just outside rustled loudly and a young boy and a girl silently darted into the woods. Turning back to William I saw the confusion on his face as he gave a questioning look. I shook my head, showing I didn't know who they were, his face darkened. I could tell he was concerned.

"Hello darling!" the witch said, startling me, she was a perfect match to the witch in the mirror.

"Aah, getaway!" I spat.

"Oh dear, why can't you be nice and quiet like your boy toy over their hum dearest?" she growled back.

Just as I was about to respond to the window shattered and the kids from earlier burst into the room. The boy kept upon the witch tackling her to the ground as the girl pulled an orient key from her pocket, swiftly she unlocked our cages pulling us from them and ushering us to the window.

"Out, out now. Hansel can't hold her forever." the girl said in a caring voice.

"Wait for who..." I said, started.

"HANSEL! Not him again!" the witch shrieked, charging at the girl as the realization of who she was came across me.

The sudden outburst from the witch caused me to jump and slam into William, causing us to tumble through the window and land hard on our backs. Out of air, William grabbed my hand and pulled me to the woods. As we stumbled into a small clearing I shoved William to the ground falling breathlessly beside him I peered through the bushes in the direction we had come just as the two teens came jogging into the clearing.

"Welcome to Orhavad Al, The Land of Fairytales" announced the girl.

"So sorry she's too stupid to tell you our names, I'm Hansel and she's Gretel." the boy said.

"Shut up, Hansel," Gretel said. "He's always like this," she added under her breath to me.

I laughed and said, "All brothers are like that."

William was talking to Hansel and I heard the words Ettan, Robin Hood, port and the Jela Museum. Hansel smiled and turned to Gretel.

"We need to escort these two to the Dragon's Port," Hansel said, in a hushed tone.

Gretel nodded and asked, "Well you know our names. What are your names?"

"I'm Annie," I answered. "I'm from Jage, Eblene and I am trying to get home."

"I'm William Harris and I am from Chiclet, Eblene. I am also trying to get home." William added.

"Ahh, well good to meet you!" answered Gretel.

Gretel extended her hand to me, I took it and stood up. Gretel turned to Hansel and a silent conversation passed between them. Hansel shook his head, tapped William on the shoulder gestured for him to follow and walked out of the clearing.

"Where are those two going?" I asked turning to Gretel.

"Don't worry about them, I've got something to show you," she said.

Together we walked out of the clearing. I followed silently mulling over the events of the past few days. I knew I could be celebrating because I was finally free. No more market, no more harsh words every evening when I came home, no more empty stomachs to worry about. Empty stomachs? I paled. I had forgotten all about my sisters and my mother... Tears sprang to my eyes as I thought about what my father might do to her when he found out that I was gone.

"Poor mother..." I mumbled.

"What was that?" Gretel asked.

"Gretel?" I asked, "Do you have any family other than Hansel?"

"I did," she said, "But they've probably died already, long ago actually..."

"What do you mean, how old are you?" I puzzled.

"I'm almost 837," She responded, "Everyone that becomes a permanent resident here age slower."

"Gretel I need you to take me home," I stated.

She turned, paused as though thinking about what to say. "Okay... okay"

She turned and started heading in a new direction. We walked a long way before we finally stopped, we sat on a felled log and ate some berries off a nearby bush. About a minute later we were up and moving again, the hike was relatively easy and Gretel kept a steady pace. After what seemed to be a few hours the trees finally started to thin until she could even see the shape of a large building looming from the mist.

"Oh my, we must've moved further down the mountain then I thought," Gretel muttered. "I wonder how we got through"

Absentmindedly I brushed my fingers along the rough stone.

"NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!" Gretel shouted noticing my actions.

Before I could respond and I felt a tugging feeling in the pit of my stomach and was yanked toward the swirling vortex of stone that had opened beneath my fingers. My lips parted in a silent scream, I closed my eyes a silent prayer for survival beating in my chest. The tugging in my stomach stopped just as suddenly as it had begun. I opened my eyes slowly, I was in a massive room lit with soft blue light, the room was filled to the brim with precious things of all sorts. I reached out to grab a small amulet before I could my shoulder was jerked harshly and I was thrown to the floor. Dazed and aching I tried to sit up but a strong force held me down. Suddenly startling me a skeletal figure popped into view.

"What are you doing in my master's hoard?!?!" the skeleton cried.

He reached down and yanked me up shaking me violently as he did so. Then again he said louder "WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY MASTER'S HOARD!"

I blinked hard, as the tears swelled in my eyes. "Plea-please stop" I whimpered, "it hurts! Your fingers hurt"

He squeezed harder his fingers digging into my back drawing blood. "Then. Answer. Me..." he said grinding his teeth.

"I-I don't know where I am, I was just touching the wall." I spewed.

"Stupid. Stupid child. This is Cias Prison of the false gods. Home to the most powerful celestial, spectral and demonic beings in every multiverse!" He spat back, "you should have been terrified to even get within sight of it! How you got through the wards and barriers is beyond me but by entering her you have doomed yourself."

"How did you get here?" I asked.

"I am bound to a powerful necromancer and have been so for a few millennia," He said plainly.

"Who?" I continued.

"Oh... just Hectate and she's just waiting to meet bouncing up and down to be exact." He snapped sarcastically.

Clearly not wanting to continue the conversation he grabbed me by the hair and dragged me toward a large arch that I had supposed to be the exit. I quickly fell in sync with him so as to stop my hair being pulled seeing as I was keeping up with him he changed his holding to my arm. We were walking down a long hallway that had wooden doors on both sides, twice my size. The largeness of the place made me uncomfortable, like an ant on a cobbled street. We walked in complete silence, the blue light from the fires gives off an eerie glow. I tried to avoid swinging my arms because the wounds from the fingers of the skeleton caused me extreme discomfort every time I did so.

"Sir, I just now realized that I don't know your name." I blurted out breaking the silence.

"And I don't know your name. If you think I would care to find out then your wrong, so please shut up and keep walking." He said giving me a slight push. "We are almost there."

After about a dozen or so more doors he finally turned to one and put his hand to it muttering inaudibly. Slowly the door creaked open and a voice came through it sound like an orchestra loud and powerful hypnotizing you make you hang on every word.

"Wyatt, where been?" the voice said, "I have been needing your input."

"I'm sorry my lady, I found a thief in your hoard," Wyatt answered.

"A THIEF!!!" She screeched. "Was it that worm Hercules?

"No, my lady it was a foolish mortal," Wyatt replied.

"A mortal? I have not seen a mortal in such a long time..." She sighed. "Do bring them in."

"My lady this is Annie," Wyatt said.

I looked around astonished everything was a mix of gray, blue and black. There was a table covered with enough food on it to make a king slobber like a dog. Beside it was a bed, its frame was a light gray adorned with large sapphires. A blanket made of what looked to be bear pelts was draped stylishly across it. A beautiful lady was sitting graciously staring at me. She was stunning, fit to be an empress stunning. She wore a midnight blue toga with an obsidian clasp. Her hair was pitch dark, it was braided and tied with a golden band. She was barefoot and had a light about her that seemed to seep into your soul, and break your heart a thousand times over. I dropped to my knees as tears flowed thickly down my cheeks, I tried to stop crying because I didn't know why i was crying but I pleaded from the bottom of my heart that it stop.

"Child." The women stated clearly, "You have had trials enough to kill men twice your size, and yet you persist. Wyatt, now we know what Hermis did with my gift."

"Her?" Wyatt said, giving me a strange look.

"Yes, her" she puzzled. "I wonder why. Well, child, you must be perplexed with my speaking, yes?"

"Yes, Ms," I said still on my knees.

"Then rise child" she commanded, and I rose "You are to know that you bear my mark and which was gifted to you by hermies when you were young you see hermies is the only one of us that can leave and so us gods give him gifts to bring to humanity in our names and you received my gift the mark of Hectate. You have a few of my gifts which will manifest over time but now that you are in my presence I am able to enhance and add to those gifts which I have now done the one thing you must know for now is you can shadow step you will know how when you try but now you must go or you may never leave here."

With the wave of her hand, I went flying until I was back by Gretel.

"Annie?" Gretel said tapping my shoulder. "Annie don't touch anything I don't know how we got this close but this is Cias the prison of the false gods."

"I know, I met Hectate" I spat, forging hate feeling my body.

"Annie you never left." Gretel replied

"I did but you will never know," I screamed out as I leaped into the murky darkness of a shadow.

Suddenly I was in the light again, but were? I was it was miles away from where I had been before stepped into the shadow. Then I realized where I was. I was home, back in my bedroom as though I had never left.

"Mom!" I shouted.

Silence was my only reply. I walked to my bedroom window puzzled by the quietness of the house. I peered through the grimy window, looking at the street below. I noticed one of my neighbors limping slowly along. They glanced toward my window and their eyes widened with shock when they saw me. They turned and started shouting to someone down the street. Suddenly soldiers came rushing down the street pushing people aside until they came to the front door of my house. One man kicked the door it didn't give. I turn to go bar the door but noticed a gilt from outside, I turned and was struck with horror there was a large man holding an ax prepared to strike. I rushed downstairs and yanked the door open.

"No!" I cried fire in my eyes.

The man lowered the ax and grinned wickedly. "You really like this door? So do I it is a work of art, I respect your sacrifice."

Before I said anything a clear voice filled my mind "Try and convince them. Recruit them." It said.

I mulled over what to say and after a moment spoke: "HOW DARE YOU!" I said my voice ringing with power. "You dare walk to my house attempt to smash down my door and then what?"

The whole crowd took a step back.

"I thought you might be a reaper tongue," the voice said absently.

"I'm sorry miss," the axeman said. "There is a price on your head... and if you weren't found within 20 days your family would die, one of the children passed last night I'm afraid."

"Take me to them, NOW!" I commanded.

Visibly against their will, the guards formed ranks and began the grueling march to the Castle Nera.

"Remember this girl, though your gifts are strong it does not mean they are invincible. Your greatest enemy will be the wills of those you fight if you break their will, they will be yours to do with what you please." the voice informed.

I marched glumly only a few feet behind the guards, lost in thought, a foot seemed to be all it took. Before I could react a pair of strong hands yanked me off the road, and into the forest. Beliving I was being robbed I went for the dagger I hid in my boot before I could grab the handle, the stranger adjusted me, carrying me like a wounded infant. We were beginning to move quickly, I could hear the shouts of the guards in pursuit. Suddenly we broke into a clearing,. The stranger acted fast, he set me gently at the far end of the clearing, turned around and drew his sword. Before I could move, two more figures entered the clearing.

"Looks like you could use some help, eh William?" called one of the new people, he was dressed in a black and blue outfit similar in style to that of a desert raider, his partner sharing his style.

"Sure could." replied the first man.

The newcomers drew their weapons one had a bow the other throwing blades.

"No-" I began, but was promptly cut off by the arrival of my guards.

"Kill them and then bind the girl!" cried the axeman from before, his eyes were blazing with fury and blood lust.

As the two parties engaged a deafening clash of metal upon metal filled the air. The bow wielder had shouldered his bow and pulled out a pair of Eco Mesian sword-arrows, his companion sheathed their throwing blades and pulled out a pair of wickedly sharp knives. The combat was intense, the knife user was a hurricane of steel and blood, my kidnapper was valiantly fending off four men on his own. I glanced around puzzled by the disappearance of the third member of their party, as I mulled over his disappearance my eyes were drawn to a large mass of men a distance from the rest of the fighting, and then I saw him in the middle of that sea of men endlessly swinging his blades, death following his every swipe.

The emotions around me were unimaginably painful, and somehow I was able to perceive each of them almost instantly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

561K 17.4K 34
You all know the old fairy-tale's where an evil and cruel dragon kidnaps the princess because of her beauty and then knights in shinning armour arriv...
510 440 58
Thon, Aresa, and Dion engage on the adventure of their lives as the journey the land to find the legendary Dragon Hunters, who could save the kingdom...
573 90 41
WIP Would love some Beta Readers
1.2K 144 42
At a certain juncture of time in the Middle Ages. A tyrannical king ruled his kingdom with an iron fist. His every whim was law, and his subjects liv...