Lunar Wars

By etphilip

Ist Place Fantasy - #Empire Awards 3rd Place - #Spring Awards Overall Runner up - #Empire Awards It was a wa... More

Author's note/Characters
Prologue {Edited}
Targets {Edited}
The kiss {Edited}
Betrayed 1 {Edited}
Betrayed 2 {Edited}
Full moon (Edited)
Captivity (Edited)
Hell blood (Edited)
Hecrydos (Edited)
Lunarike Pendant (Edited)
Coronation. ( Edited)
Treason (Edited)
Sacrifice
Prime fire
Journey to Trishana
Humane as threats 1
Humans as threats 2
Immaculate
Her past, his test.
Immortality
Trapped (Edited)
The Phantom
Fort haven
Wonder Valley
The Council
Subject 26
Freedom
Power struggle
Power
We are at War
Silver- Ultimate Weakness.
Lunar Wars
Omnitrix Orb
Mortal Flames
Acknowledgments
Coming up from authorempire
Achievements
Book Covers
Bonus Chapter {Requested}

Acrylys (Edited)

71 35 0
By etphilip

"I heard you are now queen," Mr Harper said and faced Vanessa, "My Queen." All he got was an uncomfortable nod from Vanessa.

The door opened and Rafi, Hudson, and Amber stepped in.

"You're late," Jace said in annoyance.

"We're sorry," Hudson apologized and took his seat next to Amber.

"Mr Harper here says he has something that has been bothering him for the past two years to tell us," Matthew introduced them to the situation.

"You have the effontery to come back here after being pardoned for trying to wipe out all of our kind!" Hudson hollered angrily.

"Calm down Hudson, let us hear him out, if it is something stupid, I promise you, I'll be the first to have his head cut off," Lucille smiled and intertwined her fingers on the table.

"Okay, how do I put this?" Mr Harper sighed and continued, "I've been having weird visions."

"What visions?" Matthew asked.

"At first I see that monster, Hecrydos telling me to come free him, then I see him drink blood from a strange golden goblet. I then see his army of demons fill the world destroying it." Mr Harper explained briefly.

"The holy Grail," Rafi muttered beneath his breath, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear.

"What is that?" Mr Harper asked.

"The cup he drank from, it's a legendary cup, said to contain power," Matthew said, "when one drinks from it, the person gains ultimate power and immortality." He explained.

"Hecrydos is after it," Rafi said.

"First, I need to know why I keep seeing this visions. They are driving me crazy." Mr Harper said.

"You're not human, that is why you were able to summon the pendants power." Matthew said.

"You are a seer." Rafi said.

" So he can see things other people can't see, like seeing into the future or what is going on somewhere else?" Vanessa asked.

"Yes," Rafi answered.

"Hecrydos is in the void, there is no way he's going out so we don't have to worry." Jace said.

"If Mr Harper is truly a seer, it means in the future, Hecrydos finds a way to escape," Rafi said.

"Then, we'll do everything needed to prevent that future." Vanessa said.

***

Flash back.

A day after defeating Valentine.

Patricia slowly opened her eyes to see herself in a creepy looking place. She suddenly remembered what happened.

"Oh my god, I had betrayed them." She thought to myself. She then remembered she was in the void, Hecrydos had dragged her in.

"Finally you are awake," a monstrous voice said and Patricia looked forward to see Hecrydos sharpening the edge of his battle axe.

"Why am I still alive? Just kill me already, you are not getting out of here anyway," Patricia said with the intent of annoying him.

"I won't kill you. Your daughter will know you are alive and she will try to save you. I'll use my chance then," Hecrydos said.

"You're wasting your time. They all think I'm dead." I said hoping I was right.

"You will see." Hecrydos said with a wide grin.

***

In the castle, a guard opened the door to Vanessa's chamber and Vanessa walked in. The guard then closed the door and his eyes glowed in a deep red color.

***

Jace walked to the holy chamber to check on the Acrylys. It was a magical tree that stood as the barrier between the Void and the human world, preventing demons from infiltrating into the world.

Only great powers like that of the Lunarike pendants could manage to crack open portals to the Void, although it could only work from the outside.

As a guardian; the leader of the guardians, it was Jace's duty to check on it regularly. He had replaced his father, Theolonius who ran to the Void and died.

As Jace neared the holy chamber, he saw Lucille walk out of the chamber with her head low. She was trying to avoid being seen.

What was she up to?

***

Throne room.

"I have decided that wolves institutions should be set up in every city in Vardasia and not just Arkadia." Vanessa said. She was sitted on a throne before the council members and other royals. They were all seated orderly on seats lined up all the way to the magnificent door at the other end of the chamber.

"Lord Drake from Arkadia will not agree to this, he benefits a lot from the fact that his city has the only wolf institution." A Council member said.

"He does not have to agree to this. The Queen has spoken." Rafi said.

Suddenly the doors at the far end of the room burst open as a demon-like creature rushed in, racing towards the throne.

As it got near, Vanessa stood up to defend herself, but a spear went through the demon from behind.

"How did a demon get out from the Void?" Jace asked and brought out the blood stained spear from the demon.

"The Acrylys." Matthew said.

***

Vanessa, Matthew, Jace and the other guardians walked to the holy chamber with fast paces. They were accompanied by Rafi and some guards.

On entering the holy chamber, they saw the Acrylys with some of its leaves dead and falling to the ground.

"What!"Matthew exclaimed.

Rafi immediately moved closer and carefully observed the Acrylys.

"Poison," he said, "someone poisoned the Acrylys."

"Poison!" Vanessa exclaimed.

Jace then remembered seeing Lucille sneak out of the holy chamber.

"Lucille." He muttered softly.

"What do you mean Lucille?" Matthew asked.

"I saw a sneak out of here earlier," Jace said and faced the guards, "get Lucille" The guards hesitated and faced Vanessa who looked at Matthew apologetically before facing them.

"Do it."

Guardians meeting.

"We have to do something about the Acrylys before it dies completely and Hecrydos escapes out of the Void." A guardian said.

"Something like what?" Jace asked.

"A die is cast to decide which guardian sacrifices his life to restore the Acrylys. Theolonius would know this." A guardian said with a hint of rudeness in his voice which Jace noticed.

"No die will be cast, we are not sacrificing a life under pressure rather by free will, it will be a matter of self decision." Jace said.

"But that is what those before us has always done. Your father, Theolonius knew this." A guardian said and the guardians began to murmur among themselves.

"As the head guardian, that is my decision, anyone willing to volunteer should see me." Jace said and dismissed them.

"We could report to the Queen but what can we do we're being led by children." A guardian said to another unaware that Jace heard.

As Jace walked out of the guardians chamber, a co- guardian walked up to him.

"It happens." the guardian said and Jace faced sideways to look at him.

" I'm Philip, I was a friend of your father," Philip introduced himself.

"I hate that they look down on me" Jace said.
" They don't look down on you, they don't just want to be led by someone so young," Philip said.

"You just have to get them to trust you." He continued.

***

"Lucille, tell me, did you poison the Acrylys?" Matthew asked.

"No, I didn't, why would I?" Lucille said.

"That is what we want to know, why did you do that?" Hudson asked.

"I didn't do it, dad. I didn't poison the Acrylys, believe me!" Lucille cried and faced Matthew.

"Can you explain why you were sneaking out of the holy chamber," Jace said.

"I haven't been there lately. Dad, believe me, tell them I didn't do this." Lucille said.

Matthew then faced Vanessa, waiting for her decision.

"I'm sorry Matthew, but we have to detain her until we know if she's guilty or not." Vanessa said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

762K 46.2K 75
Mature Content including violence, sex, and language The gods are fighting. Mortal creatures worship and pray, scheme and plot, all in the name of th...
29.6K 1.1K 35
Evelyn has lived in fear and hiding for her whole life; she yearns to one day live in peace, comfort, and happiness. All she wanted was to meet her m...
11.7K 912 28
The Bonded by Blood Trilogy : Book 2 - Revenge It wasn't his fault, none of it was. He was caught up in a war he didn't start, didn't want, one that...
1.5K 112 28
In what remains of the mortal world, the Van Blake's reign over life itself. At the hands of Alberich Van Blake, the country of Lunaria was built and...