Taste of Love! - COMPLETED

By Angel23_Writes

Peep in to know more!! More

Prologue!
Character sketch!
Chapter 1 - First day at work!
Chapter 2 - First meeting!
Chapter 4 - Apologies!
Chapter 5 - What's wrong with ASR?
Chapter 6 - A day with Aayu and Arnav!
Chapter 7 - So close yet so far!
Chapter 8 - Aayu: master mind!
Chapter 9 - Mr. Wall!
Chapter 10 - I feel good when I talk with You!
Chapter 11 - Flower!
Chapter 12 - Khushi gets a hint!
Chapter 13 - Sunday to Swim!
Chapter 14 - Special chocolates!
Chapter 15 - Heart-breaking news!
Chapter 16 - Mr. & Future Mrs.Raizada!
Chapter 17 - You need to know me!
Chapter 18 - Unexpected!
Chapter 19 - Back to Boss and Cook relation?
Chapter 20 - Right decision?
Chapter 21 - The New Cook!
Chapter 22 - Not friends anymore!
Chapter 23 - The start of new relationships!
Chapter 24 - Another chance!
Chapter 25 - A day for Him!
Chapter 26 - I'm hers!
Chapter 27 - Aayu - Caretaker of Arnav!
Chapter 28 - Fashion Show!
Chapter 29 - Business man, Flirt and Naughty!
Chapter 30 - Poor Fractured Leg!
Chapter 31 - Nani's reaction!
Chapter 32 - Siblings fight!
Chapter 33 - A Team against ASR!
Chapter 34 - Husband or Brother?
Chapter 35 - Love Yourself!
Chapter 36 - Good or Bad? Right or Wrong?
Chapter 37 - Sunday Spoiled!
Chapter 38 - Anger & Jealously!
Chapter 39 - Patch Up!
Chapter 40 - Shocking revelations!
End of Book I

Chapter 3 - Fired?!

12.4K 803 84
By Angel23_Writes

"Bye La.. Bye Meeruuu.." Khushi said smiling waving at both girls. She opened the door to leave the house and reach Shantivan for one more day of work but was taken aback by NK who stood facing her and leaned on his car, probably waiting for her to walk out of the house.

NK smiled waving at her and a surprised Khushi ran towards him with confusion written all over her face, "NK.. You here? What happened? Is everything alright?"

"Relax.. I just came to pick you up!" NK chuckled at her extra worried, confused and surprised expression.

"Pick me up.. But why?" Khushi raised her eyebrows.

"You're my friend right? That's why.." NK said and opened the car's door for her, "No more questions.. Get in the car now!"

Khushi giggled shaking her head, "Thank you NK but it wasn't really necessary.."

NK smiled and closed the door.

"Di.." Meera rushed towards the car, she smiled to NK, then looked at Khushi pouting, "You forgot to give me money to pay for the rickshaw"

"Oh sorry.." Khushi hit her forehead and was about to take some money from her purse when NK interrupted.

"Do you want to go somewhere? I can drop you too.." NK offered.

Meera smiled widely and nodded her head staring dreamily at NK's car, "Yes!"

"No!" Khushi said sternly glaring at Meera.

"Di you already know how difficult it is to catch a rickshaw nowadays.. I always reach late to college and my teacher scold me.. It's affecting my studies!" Meera whined.

"It's nothing new Meera.. You go to college by rickshaw everyday.. Don't cook stories now.." Khushi frowned.

Meera pouted sadly.

"Khushi it's really not a problem for me to help your family members.. Meera, right? Come on.. Get in the car.. I'll drop you to your college and then we will head to Shantivan.." NK said as he opened the car's door for Meera and she readily got in and sat at the backseat happily.

"Thank you so much NK!" Meera said.

"You're welcome.." NK said walking towards his driver seat.

Khushi turned to Meera clearly annoyed with her for accepting the offer.

"Stop giving those looks to me Di.. He only offered me and it would look bad if I didn't accept it.." Meera whispered to Khushi.

Khushi rolled her eyes in response.

As soon as NK sat on his driver seat and started the car, Khushi spoke: NK this is last time you're coming to pick me up..

"Relax Khushi.. It's not a big deal!" NK said.

"It is.. You will spoil us later.. We always go by rickshaw and it shall continue to be like this only.." Khushi said glaring at Meera.

Meera looked away pretending to be deaf when Khushi uttered those words. She was more busy appreciating the car from inside, and excited thinking that what will be reaction of her friends when she will reach in her college with such a expensive and luxurious car.

****************************************************************

Shantivan..

Arnav returned from jogging at the same time Khushi reached with NK. They were walking ahead of him.

"NK you'll get me killed today.. Dai ma will scold me for reaching this much late.." Khushi said nervously biting her lips while walking with him towards the gate of Shantivan.

NK chuckled, "Dai ma is a very soft lady.. She won't scold you at all.. Only Bhai could do that, but he's not at home right now.. He leaves early to office.. So be relaxed!"

"Miss Khushi is this time to reach at work place?" Arnav asked sternly standing behind both while the guard opened the gate for them.

Khushi and NK turned to him and immediately their faces turned pale.

"Woh.. I'm sorry.." Khushi said looking down.

"Bhai don't scold her.. It's all my fault.. I took her to have ice cream with me on the way.. By the way we're just some 30 minutes late.." NK said sheepishly.

Arnav just threw a glare to Khushi and walked inside. Khushi and NK followed him.

****************************************************************

XYZ college..

"Wow Meera.. You came with NK and that car.. Hayee.. Who is he for you? Is he your boyfriend?" her friends circled her and started throwing curious questions.

"We're just friends for now.. Let's see what happens next.." Meera smirked adjusting her hair with attitude.

"Woaaaaahhhh.." her friends giggled and teased her.

****************************************************************

Shantivan.. At the living room..

Dai ma noticed Arnav clearly angry while checking his files, she approached him, "Arnav beta.. Is something bothering you?"

"Nothing.." Arnav nodded sideways and continued engrossed in his files, still the frown was visible to Dai ma who understood he's not going to tell her what made him angry.

"Ale you shure Annav uncle? You shelioushly look angly!" Aayu said. He was watching his cartoons while Arnav was sitting with him and checking his files, but even he could take little bit of time from his cartoons to notice how angry Arnav was.

"Sure.." Arnav said to Aayu.

"It's because of me Sir is angry.. I reached late today.." Khushi walked towards them with guiltly look.

Arnav shifted his attention from Aayu to Khushi, he glared at her but still remained in silence.

"Annav uncle don't get angly with Kushie pleasheee.. Even I woke up late but you didn't schold me today.." Aayu pouted seeing the sad look on Khushi's face.

"I'm really sorry.." Khushi said, "I understand I shouldn't have cross my limi..."

"Is the breakfast ready?" Arnav cut her and asked in serious tone.

Khushi nodded her head. Arnav lifted Aayu in his arms and took him to the dinning hall to have breakfast.

"Now I understood.. he's angry because he decided to stay home to have your food and then leave to office.. And you reached late!" Dai ma said.

"Was he waiting for me.. I mean to have breakfast made by me?" Khushi asked surprised.

"Yes.." Dai ma nodded.

"And I spoiled his mood.. I shouldn't have really accepted to have ice cream with NK.." Khushi sighed sadly, "I had a chance to change our equation but I lost it.."

"It's okay.. He will be calm soon!" Dai ma smiled and caressed Khushi's back trying to make her feel better.

NK came downstairs after using the bathroom, he walked towards Dai ma and Khushi.

"Are Bhai and Aayu having breakfast already?" NK asked.

Dai ma nodded and patted his back, "And you should go also!"

"Come Khushi.. Have breakfast with us.." NK said.

"No NK.. Have you gone mad? Arnav sir is already angry on me, don't make him murder me now!" Khushi widened her eyes and immediately denied.

"Bhai always get angry.. It's nothing new.. Just go to his office in London, poor employees there's not been a day they're not scolded!" NK chuckled.

"No! I'll go and prepare the lunch now.." Khushi quickly make an excuse and ran to the kitchen.

NK and Dai ma laughed.

****************************************************************

At the kitchen..

After sometime, Arnav walked in the kitchen and Khushi glanced at him while typing on her phone. She immediately kept her phone aside and asked, "Do you need something sir?"

"I need you to behave professionally here Miss Gupta.. I won't be tolerating such unprofessional behavior hereafter!" Arnav gritted his teeth.

"It just happened today.. I admit my mistake and even said sorry to you.. Why are you calling me unprofessional for such a small mistake?" Khushi asked in disbelief.

"Oh really!" Arnav crossed his arms getting more angry with the way she replied back to him, "Making cookies for Aayu despite having a list of what he has to eat.. Watching cartoons with him.. Playing with him.. Having ice cream with my brother during work time.. That's not written anywhere as your damn cook duties! Get that Miss Gupta!"

"Aayu is a child Sir.. He likes me and I too like him.. I can't ignore him! If he wants me to make chocolate cookies, watch cartoons or play with him, then I'll always do it!" Khushi said frowning, finding utter rubbish what this man was saying to her.

"It's just because of him that I'm tolerating you.. otherwise you would have been fired long ago!" Arnav said.

"And NK.. He's my friend.. so I don't see why I should keep a professional behavior with him also!" Khushi said. 

"I don't give a damn about who is your friend or not.. NK must be your friend but outside Shantivan.. When you're here, then you're just a cook and nothing else.. Do your job and go back home!" Arnav said rudely and walked to leave.

Khushi looked down feeling low and upset.

Arnav stopped on his track and looked back at her, "And yes.. Stop sticking your stupid notes on the fridge!"

"I will stick it on your face next time!" Khushi replied pouting.

Arnav was like how can she have courage to talk to her boss like that, but then just shook his head and left from there.

As soon as Arnav left, Khushi raised her both hands and gestured like she wants to strangle him.

She took her phone and immediately called Lavanya to share what happened. She couldn't just keep it to herself, she needed to let it out to her best friend, and as soon as Lavanya picked up the call, she started blabbering, "Khadoos.. ek number ke khadoos hain yeh.. He thinks I have to follow his dumb rules and if I don't then I'm unprofessional.. Laad governor kahike.. Yes.. that's what he is.. A Laad governor!.."

"Hey.. Relax.. Tell me clearly what happened?" Lavanya asked.

"Sir just scolded me and called me unprofessional because I reached late today!" Khushi said, "I also admit that I did wrong.. I asked forgiveness too..But no.. His big ego didn't let him accept my forgiveness.. Instead he started scolding me and called me unprofessional.. and his nonsense talks! Have you ever seen a man having so much problems that I watch cartoons with his nephew?"

"Calm down Khushi.. Maybe he wants strictly a professional behavior from you.. but your growing friendship with Aayu and NK isn't letting that happen.. Normally as a cook, your job is only to cook for them and not keep any relations right?.. but it just happened that you became friends with NK and Aayu.. It's not your fault neither his.. It's just your both point of views are different from each other!" Lavanya said.

"Maybe you're right.." Khushi said after calming down, "I can avoid talking with NK here, but not Aayu yaar.. I can't ignore a little cute kid like him.."

"I know.. Do what you feel is right for you.." Lavanya said.

Khushi smiled, "I feel better now by talking with you.. Thanks yaar!"

"Oyee.. keep your thanks to yourself.." Lavanya said in fake angry tone.

****************************************************************

Afternoon.. Shantivan..

Khushi was playing with Aayu in the garden. She stopped running after him when she saw people standing at the gate and talking with the guards.

"Aayu come.." Khushi called him. Aayu came back running to her and Khushi lifted him in her arms.

She went towards the gate, and asked the guards: What happened?

"Ma'am they are Raizada family.. They came here to take Aayu outside.." the guard replied.

Aayu whispered to Khushi, "I no go Kushie.. they no good people.. alwaysh fight with my Mumma and Papa!"

"Namaste" Khushi greeted them politely, "Arnav sir and Dai ma aren't here, so I can't give permission for you to take Aayu outside home.."

"And who are you to decide that I can't take my nephew outside?" Anjali asked rudely.

"She'sh my fliend!" Aayu replied.

"Woh I work here as a cook.. I don't want to interfere in your personal matters, but as Arnav sir and Dai ma aren't here, I'm responsible for Aayu.. I'm really sorry, I can't let you take him outside.." Khushi said.

"Unbelievable.. Now a cook will decide whether we should meet our Aayu or not.." Nani rolled her eyes.

"Hello hi bye bye.. We will show you what we are.. Don't mess with us girl!" Mami glared at Khushi.

"Look girl.. let us take Aayu with us, we're his family and you're no one to stop us!" Akash said trying to intimidate Khushi.

"Okay.. I'll let Aayu go with you only if you call Arnav sir and confirm with him that you're taking Aayu and he's okay with that.." Khushi said.

Akash was taken aback, he looked at Anjali and Shyam.

Shyam quickly intervened, "No need of it.. He must be busy with his works.. We understand why you're not letting us take Aayu.. He's your responsibility when Arnav and Dai ma aren't present..but you can at least let us inside to play and talk with him for a while.. Poor kid, he lost his parents recently.. He needs his family the most, right?"

Khushi agreed with it nodding her head. Raizadas smirked evilly.

****************************************************************

Few hours later.. Shantivan..

Khushi finished making dinner and was cleaning the kitchen when she heard the Rakshas voice.

"Miss Gupta who gave you the permission to let those people get inside my home?" Arnav gritted his teeth.

Khushi turned to him, she tried to explain but he cut her off angrily.

"You know I've been tolerating your behavior all these days just because Aayu liked you.. but today you just crossed your limits.. Without my permission, you let anyone get inside my home!" Arnav shouted.

"Excuse me.. Not anyone, they're your family!" Khushi replied back frowning.

"They're NOT my family.. You don't know anything about my personal life.. so don't act smart! You came here to be a cook, right? But instead of doing your duties, I see you poking your nose in things that are not even of your concern!" he glared at her.

"It's just unbelievable yaar.. You've so many problems with me.. and with everything I do.." Khushi said sighing in disbelief.

"I don't even care about you.. I don't give a damn about you Miss Gupta.. Aayu is all that matters to me and today you let those cunning people get near him without my knowledge.. I've let it go all your past mistakes, but not this one.." Arnav pointed his index finger to her, "Your time is over here.. Today is your last day here, you're fired Miss Gupta!"

Khushi looked at him shocked and sad for a while before she composed herself, and looked right into his eyes, "Okay Mr. Raizada.. Even I don't want to work anymore with a person like you!"

She quickly took her purse and left from there running while tears rolled down to her cheeks.

***************************************************************

Khushi's home..

"It's not done yaar.. How can he just fire me like that? He didn't even hear what I had to say.. I also felt bad vibes from his family that's why I didn't let them take Aayu.. but I couldn't deny them meeting Aayu.. they're his family.. How can I say no for it? What's my right in that? I'm just a cook.. but still I interfered and didn't let them take Aayu outside the mansion.. but he still find fault in me.. I'm always wrong one in his eyes.. He's such a confused person.. He assumed I'm wrong and didn't even hear my side of the story and fired me from the job.." Khushi cried.

"It's okay baby.. I'm sure you will find a better job than this one!" Lavanya patted her cheeks.

"It's not about the job La.. Its that! he blamed me without my fault.. If anyone was in my place, then they would have let Aayu go with his family.. but I didn't find it correct to let Aayu go without informing him or Dai ma.. but what I got in return? Unprofessional tag and lost my job!" Khushi said.

"But anyways I won't keep crying because of him.. he's not worth it!" Khushi wiped away her tears, "I will miss Aayu badly.. I just got emotionally attached with that kid.. I won't forget him anytime soon!"

Lavanya nodded and pulled Khushi to her lap, she caressed Khushi's hair.

"Where's Meera? Didn't she return yet?" Khushi asked.

"No.. I called her but she doesn't reply to my calls!" Lavanya said.

Khushi sighed, "Her mother is gonna kill me one day.. Give me my phone.. I'll call her.."

****************************************************************

Dai ma rushed to Arnav who was sitting on the couch at the living room.

"Arnav beta.. Is what Aayu said true? You fired Khushi?" Dai ma asked shocked.

Arnav nodded.

"But why? You know how much Aayu loves her.. He's crying badly now.. Only Khushi can do handle him.." Dai ma said worriedly.

"Dai ma she let them step inside this house! How could she? Without my permission she will let anyone who says they're Aayu's family inside this house! She's just a cook here.. but her behavior doesn't seem so.. This unprofessional behavior of hers has been irking me since long and today she crossed the limits.." Arnav explained frowning.

"Arnav beta it's not her fault.. You just listened to me and interpreted the information in wrong way.." Dai ma said, "It's actually my fault that I didn't explain to you the whole scenario properly.. Raizadas came here to take Aayu outside, I wasn't home and you were at office.. Only Khushi was here with Aayu.. Khushi was the one who denied them taking Aayu with them, she even asked them to call you to get your permission to take him and that's when they said no, then they asked her to get inside and play with Aayu.. only then she accepted.. She could have easily let Aayu's family take him outside but she didn't.. and as far for her letting them inside, then you've to understand beta she doesn't know what happened between our family, she's an outsider.. for how long how would she deny Aayu's own family from meeting him? With what rights could she have stopped them for stepping inside this house? She doesn't know about our past, so it's wrong to expect too much from her.. she did the right thing by not letting Aayu go outside and I think we should be thankful to her instead of blaming her.." Dai ma said.

Arnav stare at Dai ma, his face filled with regret and shame for having scolded Khushi badly.

"Dai ma.." Arnav threw his head back and shut his eyes tightly, "Why didn't you say to me this before?"

"I just wanted to inform that Raizadas came.. I didn't know you would blame Khushi for that.. If I knew it, then I would have told you the whole story beta.. I'm really sorry beta.." Dai ma said.

"Do you have her phone number?" Arnav asked opening his eyes in hope to rectify his mistake.

"Yes.." Dai ma nodded and rushed to take her phone upstairs.

Meanwhile Aayu came downstairs again, with teary eyes and angry face. He stood facing Arnav and started shaking Arnav's shoulder, "Bling my Kushie back.. Bling my Kushie back.. I no shleep.. I no eat.. I no play.. flom now on.. Bling my Kushie back.. Bling my Kushie back.. I no eat anything you gimme Annav uncle.. I sweal (swear).. Bling my Kushie back!"

He cried and whined loudly. Arnav lifted him and made him sit on his lap, Aayu looked away struggling to get away from Arnav's strong arms.

"Calm down!" Arnav said.

"Bling my Kushie back! Then I calm down!" Aayu demanded.

"I will call Khushi back only if you stop being stubborn and have your dinner!" Arnav said.

Aayu pouted, "Sachi? (Really?)

"Hmm.." Arnav nodded caressing Aayu's back.

"Okay then.." Aayu said.

Arnav sighed in relief  as Dai ma reached with her phone, she gave Khushi's number to Arnav.

"Dai ma take him to the dinning hall.. He will have his dinner now.." Arnav said.

"Very good baby.." Dai ma smiled and lifted Aayu in her arms.

"Only becaushe Annav uncle shaid he'll bling my Kushie back.." Aayu said clapping his hands happily.

Arnav stayed at that living room thinking whether it's right time to call Khushi or not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 791 25
Peep in to know!!!
82.9K 3.9K 5
Peep in to know more..
363K 20.9K 52
Peep in to read a another story of our Arshi......
120K 4.2K 15
ipkknd