Chapter 4 - Apologies!

Next day..

Early in morning the door was being knocked at Khushi's house. Khushi and Lavanya looked at each other confused.

"Who must it be? So early.. someone is here.. strange!" Lavanya said shrugging and continued to eat her food as if no one knocked the door.

"Go and open the door Lazy La!" Khushi said sipping her tea.

"Nahin yaar..  You go.. I've to work all day.. let me have my breakfast peacefully.." Lavanya whined lazily.

"Aree yaar.. Tu ja naa.. Already I lost my job and my mood is so off.. I don't feel like meeting or talking with anyone.." Khushi frowned.

Meera rolled her eyes and with a hard sigh, she stood up from her chair and walked to open the door. Khushi and Lavanya smiled sheepishly.

Meera opened the door with no such interest of doing so, but since her cousin and her friend had been arguing over who will open it and no one stood up to do so, she felt the need to end it up by opening the door herself. But when her eyes fell on probably the most handsome man ever she has met, she was left awestruck. Her eyes were scanning him from top to bottom, his perfectly gelled hair, his chocolate dark brown eyes, his sharp features.. He has looks and body that would leave any girl drooling over him.

Arnav cleared his throat seeing the girl totally lost in him.

Meera came out from her dream land embarrassedly.

"Hi Meera.." NK reached and stood beside Arnav.

"Hi NK.." Meera replied.

"Is Khushi at home? Actually he's my brother and Khushi's boss.. He wants to talk to her.." NK said.

"Yes she is.. Please come inside.." Meera said showing them the way.

"No, thanks.. Just call Khushi.." Arnav said.

Meera nodded and went inside with NK. While Arnav chose to stay outside waiting for Khushi.

In few minutes, he watched her walking out of her house while he was leaning on his car. The sight of her walking to reach him was amazing, her silky hair was flying a bit due to the cool morning breeze and the simple white salwar kameez she wore making her look like an Angel.

"Say it Mr. Raizada.." Khushi reached to him and crossed her arms keeping a stern look as she waited for him to tell her the reason why he came to her house.

"Why did you hung up my call yesterday without even letting me complete what I was saying?" Arnav asked.

"Because I knew you were going to scold me without my fault.. I was already pissed off with you and I didn't want to talk with you.." Khushi said.

"You knew nothing OK! That's wasn't what I was going to do!" Arnav shrugged frowning.

"Oh yeah.. so let me guess, you called to talk about my salary.. That you're not going to pay me full salary because I just worked for few days, right?" Khushi smiled sarcastically.

"I called to apologize for my behavior.. I shouldn't have  blamed you for letting Raizadas inside my house... You don't know anything related to my family.. I was quick to judge your actions.." Arnav said.

Khushi looked at him for few seconds taken aback, she wasn't really expecting him to apologize and now that he suddenly did, she was lack of words. 

"I want you back to work!" he said. 

Khushi nodded sideways, "I accept your apology, but that wouldn't change the fact that you don't like my work.. You made it clear to me that you're just tolerating me for Aayu.. you're not happy with my work.. And I can't work in circumstances like this! By the way, you've nothing to worry for.. You can afford many and better cooks than me!"