Betrayal Within (Editing)

By ClaireBaker_

Abby's senior year started off normal. She has great friends, good grades, and plans to audition for the annu... More

Quick author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 - Part 1
Chapter 6 - Part 2
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
New Story Summary...
Deciding (Please Read)

Chapter 23

63 2 1
By ClaireBaker_

  © All Rights Reserved

I layed in bed all night. My hand was always on my stomach. The tears kept coming. I was an eighteen year old pregnant with my ex-boyfriend's child. I didn't know what to do. I sure as hell wasn't going to tell anybody. I wasn't going to tell Seb. So I decided to keep it a secret.

The next morning, I woke up and got ready for school. I couldn't miss anymore school, I had a play to perform. I put on whatever I layed my hands on. It ended up being a dark pair of skinny jeans, dark blue top, and my long knee high boots. I straightned my hair and headed towards the black car I was so used to seeing. I greeted Brandon and Remy. They were my body guards. The school already knew about them, upon my mom's request that I have them with me at all times. I just told her to have them watch me inconspicuously, which they were okay with.

"Are you okay Abby?" Brandon asked me. I nodded. Brandon and Remy were both great. Both of them were in their mid-twenties. Both really extremely handsome. Brandon was a bit ark skinned, brown hair and beautiful grey-blue eyes. Remy had blonde hair, green eyes, and had pale skin. They both drove me to school and I hopped out.

"Bye Abbs," Remy said smiling at me. I smiled back.

"Goodbye Abby," Brandon said.

"Bye guys," I told them. "Thanks." I lifted my book bag higher on my shoulder and started walking towards my friends. I gotto them and said hi to everyone except Seb. The bell rang for class and we all separated. Lunch came sooner that I would have liked. As usual, I sat outside by myself. After I finished my lunch, I got off the bleachers. I caught sight of something that moved from the corner of my eye. I saw Brandon and Remy. They waved and smiled at me. I smiled back and walked towards them.

"Hey guys," I said.

"Hey," the both said.

"Why are you always sitting outside by yourself?" Remy asked me. I shrugged.

 "I just need some space and a little time to myself," I told them. They both nodded. Suddenly my stomach lurched and the sick feeling came back. Brandon realized what was happening and led me behind a bush. I threw up all the contents I just ate. After I stopped, I felt dizzy. Very dizzy. Remy and Brandon both held me up and led me to sit down by the bleachers.

 "Abbs, you okay?" Remy asked. I nodded.

"Probably a stomach flu," I lied. They both nodded, but looked unconvinced. For the rest of lunch, both Remy and Brandon took care of me. Remy gave me a lot of water to drink. By the time lunch eneded, I still felt dizzy. I waved at the guys and told them to be here to pick me up afterschool. They were both a little reluctant to let me go to class but they did.

For the rest of the day, I tried not to do so much. When we practiced, I was beyond dizzy. Mrs.Hart had to stop multiple times, so that I could water and rest. She asked if I wanted to go to the nurse, but I shook my head. I drank more water and sat down for ten minutes before starting again.

Nathan gave me a worried look but did the scene with me. We did the scene without messing up and Mrs.Hart gave us another break. I headed outside of the auditorium to go get some water. I swayed a little before opening the door. As soon as I was out, I drank lots of water. I stayed outside for a few more minutes before heading outside. I took two steps before I fell to the ground. Suddenly my vision blurred and I could barely hear my name being called. I blacked out soon after I felt hands grab mine.

Seb's P.O.V.

Abby was worrying me so much. She kept needing to stop. I was really concerned for her. Everybody was worried about her. Tracey even looked a little worried. Sage, Sarah, Kate, Hanna didn't say anything to her but you could tell they were wondering what was wrong with her. I kept my eyes on her though. I saw her head outside but sway a bit before she dissapeared behind the doors. I followed her out. She was drinking water and I was just about to leave before I saw her fall to the ground.

"Abby!" I yelled. I ran to her and grabbed her hands. Her eyes were closed. "Abby! Wake up!" I grabbed my cell and dialed 911. After I was done with the call, the students started coming out. They looked at Abby laying on the ground and gasped. Hanna, Kate, Sarah, Sage, and Chuck were by my side. The girls were already tearing up.

"What happened?" Mrs.Hart asked.

"I don't know," I said. "She was drinking water and she stood there for a couple of minutes before she just fell. The ambulance came soon after that. They put Abby on a stretcher and carried her inside the vehicle. I grabbed my things and got in my car, driving behind the ambulance. I saw that the rest of my friends did the same. 'Please be okay Abby.' I thought to myself.

I arrived at the hospital and saw the take Abby away. I waited in the waiting room with the others. Carlo came a little while later and sat down next to Kate, who was already crying. All the girls were. It was a while before a doctor, that helped Abby, came out. Instantly all of us were on our feet.

"What's wrong with Abby?" I asked.

"Are you family?" The doctor asked. We all looked at each other before shaking our heads. "I'm sorry but I could only let family know." With that said he walked off, before I followed him.

"Wait!" I shouted. The doctor turned and looked at me. He was about to speak before I spoke. "I'm her boyfriend. Please let me see her, I need to know what's wrong with her."

"You're her boyfriend?" He asked. I nodded. "How long have you two been together?" I looked at him, confused by the question, but answered anyways.

"For about three months now," I lied. I knew I was lying but I needed to know what was wrong with her. No matter what, I was always going to care for Abby. "Please let me see her," I pleaded. The doctor hesitated before nodding. I shot him a grateful smiled. He led me to Abby's room and I was instantly by her side. I grabbed her hand in mine and kissed it.

"She should wake up soon," the doctor said. I looked up at him.

"What's wrong with her? Why did she faint?" The doctor hesitated once again before answering my question.

"It was just a side affect," he said.

"A side affect from what?" I asked. The doctor looked me in the eyes when he spoke.

"She's one month pregnant," he told me. I froze. Pregnant? Abby was pregnant? No. No way.

"What?" I manged to choke out.

"Your girlfriend, she's pregnant. She's about a month now," he said. I looked at Abby and layed my hand on her stomach. She was pregnant. Tears gathered in my eyes. Why would she keep this from me? I felt hurt, but happy as well. "Congratulations." The doctor left after that. I stayed by Abby's side and rubbed her stomach, where our child was growing.

Abby's P.O.V.

My eyes fluttered open. I squinted against the bright lights. When I finally had my sight back, all I saw was white. White walls, white sheets, white everything. The smell wasn't too great either. I looked around and saw that the room was empty. Right away, I knew I was in the hospital. I didn't know why though. It was a while before I remembered what happened. I went to go drink water then fell down to the ground. I had heard somebody shout my name before I blacked out.

The door to my room opened and I jumeped. I looked over and saw Seb. I saw hurt and happiness flash across his eyes. He took a step towards me. He took another one and sat down in the chair beside me. He slowly grabbed my hand. I didn't pull away. I loved the feel of his hand in mine. The familiar tingles shot throughout my arm. His sky blue eyes looked directly into my chocolate brown eyes.

"Why?" He asked. I looked at him with a confused expression on my face. "Why?" He asked again. I tired to speak, but my throat felt kind of dry. Seb gave me a cup of water and I drank thirstily. "Why'd you do it Abby?" Hurt was evident on his face.

"Why did I do what?" I asked quietly.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were pregnant?" I froze. He knew. How did he know? Then I thought, I'm in a hospital. He was bound to find out. I closed my eyes. When I opened them back up, tears were spilling out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I croaked. He looked so hurt. Tears formed in his eyes and he put his head in his hands. "I'm so sorry." I repeated this over and over again.

"How could you keep something this important like this from me?" Tears spilled out of his eyes and I reached for his face. He leaned into my touch and I wpied his tears away. "You're pregnant with our child," he whispered. He layed his hand on my stomach and rubbed it. More tears spilled out. He pulled away and looked at me. He leaned forward and my heart sped up. When he didn't kiss my lips, I felt so dissapointed. Then again, why would he kiss me. Especially after all the things I said to him. He kissed my forehead and leaned back. He still had tears in his eyes.

"Are you mad at me?" I whispered. He looked at me and leaned forward once again. My heart sped up. I wanted him to kiss me. I missed his kisses so much.

"I could never be mad at you," he whispered. He kissed my forehead once again before leaning his on mine. I could feel his breath fan across my face. I looked at his sky blue eyes to see that they had darkened just a bit. Instead of a sky blue color, they were dark blue. My eyes slid down to his lips. The lips I had missed on mine. I leaned forward and brushed my lips against his. My body felt whole and tingles spread. I pulled back to look at Seb, only for him to pull me back and kiss me. It was a soft and gentle kiss, but it still had my heart racing. His tongue plunged into my mouth and I sighed with satisfaction. I weaved my fingers through his hair and tugged him closer. I had missed him so much. It felt good to have him here in my arms again.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry," I heard a voice say. Seb and I pulled apart. I looked to see a nurse. She looked down. I felt my cheeks heat up. She came in and looked from me to Seb. "I just needed to check on you," she told me. "The doctor told me that he wanted to speak with you." She left to go grab the doctor. As soon as the door closed, I felt lips being pressed against mine. I melted into his touch and kissed him back.

"I love you Abby," I heard Seb mumble against my lips. I loved him too, so much.

"I love you too," I said before I could stop myself. This wasn't good but I didn't care. I wanted Seb in my life. Being away from him hurt. It hurt a lot more than I thought it would. I continued kissing him until I was in need of air. I patted the spot next to me and Seb sat next to me. He gently put his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"Abby?" I heard Seb ask. I looked at him. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah," I said.

"Why did you break-up with me?" I gulped. Should I tell him the truth? My heart was saying yes, but my head was saying no. It kept repeating that this wasn't a godd idea and I shouldn't be doing this. However I loved Seb and he needed to know the truth. I guess I'm telling him. I opened my mouth to tell him when the door opened and in came the doctor. He smiled at me. Instantly Seb was off the bed. He sat on the chair beside me and took my hand in his.

"How are you feeling Abagail?" The doctor asked me.

"I feel okay," I answered.

"Do you feel any pain?" I shook my head. "Do you know why you're here?"

"Yes I do," I said.

"You did know that you were pregnant?" The doctor asked. I nodded.

"I found out yesterday," I said. "My stomach felt funny and I noticed that I had skipped my period and I knew that Seb and I had done the deed and so I checked. Turns out I was pregnant for about a month and I didn't even know it."

"When will she be able to leave?" Seb asked.

"As soon as we check that everything is fine with you and the baby," the doctor replied. "Congratulations." The doctor smiled and left the room. Seb was back in the bed next to me as soon as the door closed. I felt him kiss my temple. I could feel his stare on me. I knew he was waiting for me to speak, so I did.

"My attacker," I began. I stared at the white wall in front of me while I explained, "My attacker was the one who stabbed Hanna and murdered Ryan. He was the one who hurt Chelsea. He did everything. He called my cell number and kept calling me. He told me that he wasn't going to stop until I broke up with you." I stopped as tears formed in my eyes. "I couldn't loose any of you anymore. I care too much about all of you." I looked at Seb and gently caressed his face. "I couldn't bare to loose you," I whispered. I gently brushed my lips against his and mumbled against his lips, "I wasn't going to loose the people I love." Seb pulled me into his arms and kissed my head. "It was the hardest thing I had to do. Letting you go was the hardest thing to do. All those things I said to you, weren't true. I love you, I never pretened. My first time with you was so special and I'd never regret it."

"I love you Abby," Seb whispered. "I love you so much." I pulled back and looked into his sky blue eyes. "What you did was hard, but you did it. I would've done the same too. I couldn't bare to loose you or anyone else." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. I missed his kisses so damn much. I once again felt complete with him in my life.

The doctor came back and checked up on me and the baby. Everything was fine. My baby was fine. Seb took me and drove me back to school. I called Brandon and Remy who took me back home. My mom was home and I explained to her what had happened. She was in an important meeting and they couldn't reach her. I just told her that I didn't drink enoug water and didn't eat much which caused me to faint. Luckily for me, she bought it.

Finally things were back to normal at school. Well almost everything was back to normal. The only thing missing was Ryan. Everyday I missed him more and more. Seb and I had worked out almost everything and he was always kissing my tummy. Of course he did this when nobody was around. I didn't want the school knowing I was pregnant. I had told Seb that after the play, we'd go out for dinner and I would announce there that I was having a baby. He agreed. Seb and I were back together and I couldn't have been happier. I loved him so much.

The play was going great too. It was now the night before the night of the play. Seb was over and I were hanging out in my room. We were watching movies. I had just got up and went down to the kitchen to get some more popcorn when my phone beeped. I set the bowl of popcorn down and looked down at the text. It was from him. It read:

Ready. Set. Run. (;

*********************

Song Of The Chapter: Umm One Thing by Finger 11

Please don't forget to Comment, Vote and Fan ! (: Let me know what you think.

P.S. There is only about 3 or 4 chapters left. I will be doing an epilogue! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
120K 713 27
Skylar Juliet Andrews used to be fat, but to please her doctor and to stop the bullying she recieved on a daily basis, Sky lost the weight. She retur...
206K 2.8K 30
This story is about a girl and a boy who despise each other at first. But then their girlfriend and boyfriend cheated on them so they made up a plan...
The New Me By Barbie

Teen Fiction

6.3M 167K 55
High school is supposed to be the greatest years of our lives but so far for me it's been the worst my sophomore year I had only 2 best friends one e...