๐”น๐•– ๐•Ž๐•š๐•ฅ๐•™ ๐•„๐•– | ๐Ž๐‚ [C...

Od Gentle8Kisses

In which in the town of Greendale, where it always feels like Halloween, there lived two young twins who were... Vรญce

1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
SEQUEL

1.10

2.4K 66 15
Od Gentle8Kisses

"There's a serpent in these still waters, lying deep down

To that king I will bow, at least for now"

Auntie Zee was reading the daily newspaper while stirring her tea with one hand. She was too preoccupied to even noticed that when she didn't place the spoon on the table. I carefully watched the spoon fall to the ground with a clang, causing me to tilt my head. A baby?

"Blast it!" Aunt Zelda cursed.

"Someone's having a baby." Aunt Hilda bubbled.

"What? What in Satan's name are you talking about, Hilda?"

"You know the saying. "If a spoon falls, a baby calls." Probably Lady Blackwood's." Hilda said.

"Kindly spare me your old wives' tales, Sister." Zelda said rolling her eyes. "Lady Blackwood's barely started her fourth trimester. It'll be ages yet." Zelda turned to me. "Where's your Sabrina?"

"In her room," I numbly replied. Sabrina and I had both been coping with Harvey's rejection, differently. My twin choosing to isolate herself from the world, while I opted to ignore any feeling I may have.

Aunt Hilda had made me a numbing balm, that I began using the night of Tom's second death.

I was supposed to stop using it after the first five days but, I secretly began stealing Sabrina's since she wasn't using hers.

"Still? It's been days."

"Yeah, but considering what she's been through --" Ambrose argued, sitting next to me, waving his hands in front of my face in an attempt to gain a reaction. I ignore him, not caring enough to move.

"I know exactly what she's been through, Ambrose." Zelda scoffed. "I was there to pick up the pieces, wasn't I? But she has to go to school. People will start to talk."

"Well, I've made her a little balm for her broken heart," Hilda said picking up a small jar from the counter. "I'm gonna take it up to her."

"No, I will." I jumped up, snatching the jar from Aunt Hilda and marching up the stairs. I greedily rubbed a bit over my heart, relishing in the feeling before walking into Sabrina's room.

I look at my sister in the same pajamas she been wearing for the past week with a bored expression, "Sabrina get up. You've been cooped up in here since Friday night and you can't stay in bed for the rest of your life. We have school today."

"What if I see him, or he sees me?" Sabrina asked. "It'll be too much."

"Aunt Hilda's made you another balm," I smirk waving the jar in front of her. "To numb your heart. Rub it in your chest three times daily, or as needed."

"I don't want to stop feeling," Sabrina said. "I want to stop hurting. No, that's wrong. I want Harvey to stop hurting."

I shrug, "I find it does wonders for both."

Sabrina rolled her eyes, she wasn't happy with my choice, "Grace, just because you aren't feeling anything doesn't mean you still aren't hurt."

I bite my lip, "That's the thing 'Brina," I tell her knowing that if i had any emotions I would be crying, "I don't feel sad or hurt. I am just ok."

"You are not Grace," Sabrina mutters, before she sighs, "What am I gonna do?"

As I open Sabrina's blinds, I sigh. "Today, you'll go to school, and you'll talk to our friends, and sit in class and answer questions." I began. "And then you'll go to the Academy and hang out with me. Then we'll both come home and we'll eat supper together."

"And then at night, you'll go to bed. And Aunt Hilda or Aunt Zelda will sit by our side until we fall asleep. And tomorrow you'll do the same, and it will hurt a tiny bit less. And the next day, it will hurt even less."

"After what I put Harvey through how can I ever face him again?"

I bite my lips as I feel a light pressure where the pain should be, "I don't know 'Brina, but I know that we will."

Sabrina looked at me with a frown, "Do you think you will ever want to feel again?"

I bite my lip thinking about how I cried the night Harvey kicked me out of his house. The look of resentment on his face. The painful stab at my heart, as I tried to stop the tears from rushing down my cheeks.

Terribly, the numbing balm wasn't truly for Tommy at all. After Tommy's death, I had stupidly tried to return to school and act as the previous night had never occured, I suppose off the high of my own lies I decided to not wait to meet up with Bast during potions and instead surprise him at his room. I know it is a silly thing to think, but I never thought that Bast would still be hooking up with people while we were friends. Needless to say, it didn't take long to figure out why he wasn't answering the door and it took even less time to figure out that I may have been more affected by the news than a friend should.

The feeling of helplessness or rather a rejection of something I didn't even know I wanted, was devastating. My chest actually felt as if it were tore in two. Looking into Sabrina's eyes, I give her a hopeful smile that doesn't quite reach my eyes, "I don't know 'Brina."

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

After Sabrina begged for a good hour, I finally agreed to go to school with her for the first few minutes, just in case Harvey makes an unexpected appearance in the morning. As we walked down the hallway, I looked around at the familiar faces. I forgot how much I loved this school.

I follow Sabrina into the girls' restroom, looking at the WICCA club sign posted on the wall.

"Grace," Sabrina called for my attention. I look up at her before seeing Roz and Susie waiting for us. Their shock at seeing me quickly fades once they see Sabrina.

"Sabrina. Gracelina." Roz finally said.

"Roz. Susie." I smile, moving to hug them, although they seem hesitant to return the gesture. "What's going on? You guys look a little freaked out."

"We called you all week," Roz huffed. Sabrina and I look at each other, guilty, we didn't even try to answer our phones.

"I wasn't, uh, feeling that great," Sabrina told them. "And Gracelina was busy getting settled in for Christmas break."

I nod along with the lie, trying to wear my best fake smile.

"Brina, Lina, we want...We need to ask you..." Roz began.

Before I could even question their noticeable apprehension, Susie blurted, "Are you guys, witches?"

I freeze. Everything I had done to numb the pain of Harvey's rejection and the heartache of Bast. It was all for naught the minute my worst fears came to life. I feel a chill run through my chest as the numbing balm Aunt Hilda made, melted away.

I stumble on my feet as I take a step back, trying to take everything in. Everything I was trying to ignore.

A flash of light brings me out of my terror state, as I look outside to see a bolt of lightning coming down outside. I need to calm down.

"What?" Sabrina laughed. "You guys, if this is some kind of joke?"

"It's not a joke," Roz said seriously. "The cunning showed me something. A vision."

"And my Aunt Dorothea wrote about you guys in her journals," Susie added. "She said the Spellmans were a family of witches. And it's what would explain how you managed to stop Mr. Kinkle when he tried to punch Harvey at his brother's funeral."

"That's just -That's just......" Sabrina stuttered before turning to me, "Grace?"

My head whips toward my twin before I finally let out everything I had been feeling, "We wanted to tell you so many times, but how could we? Without you guys looking at us like..."

Sabrina pointed her finger to the two girls, "like that."

"And now Harvey knows. Tommy's dead. And then Bast," I sniffled, before wiping some of my tears away. "And everything is –"

"Harvey knows?" Roz asked us, more Sabrina. I was a blubbering mess as I nodded my head.

"It's over." Sabrina nodded her eyes lined with tears.

"What? Why?" Roz asked moving to hand me a tissue.

"Because of everything." Sabrina choked, "All the lying. I've been hiding this whole other life, going to this different school."

"What do you mean a different school?" Susie asked.

"For witches," Sabrina said. "It's a school for witches. That is where Gracelina has been."

"I swear to you guys, we're still the same people we were before," I rush out, noticing their shock.

"Even after what happened with Tommy," Sabrina added silently.

"What does she mean after what happened with Tommy?" Roz looked to me, as I began to calm down.

I wipe my nose with the tissue. "S-Sabrina resurrected Tommy. She wanted to help Harvey. But she didn't do it right. Then he came back all wrong, and Harvey had to kill him," my voice squeaks, "And now he-he hates us."

Susie and Roz quickly pull us into a hug. "Oh, my." Roz put her hand on her mouth.

I squeeze my lips tight to stop myself from crying anymore.

"I mean, he'll never forgive me." Sabrina gasped. "I mean, how could he? I'm so sorry. I never wanted to lie to you or hurt you. Any of you. That's all I've been doing."

We pull away from them.

"It's okay." Roz smiled rubbing Sabrina's back while Susie wrapped her arm around me.

I laugh through my tears, "You're the best."

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

"Grace?" I heard Bast's voice. I turn to see him walking up to Sabrina and me. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for how everything went down with the resurrection. I wish I was there," Sebastian muttered.

Pulling my leather book bag higher on my shoulder, I glower at him, "Thanks, but I know how busy you can be."

"How did you hear?" Sabrina intruded.

"Bad news travels fast," Bast shrugs, eyeing me in confusion.

"It's all anybody's talking about." Prudence smirked, walking past us, along with Dorcus and Agatha."Your sister's failed resurrection. Thoughts and prayers. Isn't that how the mortals put it?"

I glare at the Weird Sisters, trying to remain strong. I can't cry anytime Tommy is mentioned. That is what the sisters want.

Sabrina rolls her eyes before spinning on her heels and walking away from the sisters. Her blonde bob bouncing with each step she took, leaving me with the warlock-slut.

"How is the mortal?" Bast asked, causing me to look away from my twin's disappearing figure and back at him. Why did he have to mention him?

"His name is Harvey, and he is devastated." I spit, moving to walk away. 

Bast lets out one of his rare laughs, as he follows me, "I think you are confused, Grace. I could care less about the mortal boy," he says in disgust before moving to stand in front of me, "Why are you angry? Does his second death truly upset you that much?"

I sigh. Bast is right, annoyingly; I can't ignore him because he isn't choosing to pause his entire love life so that I can continue my crush on him, which we both know I will never act on. Bast shouldn't be expected to change himself, for me, because that isn't what a friend does.

Working to wear my best smile, despite the resistance my own heart caused, I shake my head, "I am sorry. I have just been really upset about the whole ordeal."

"That isn't it," Bast deadpans.

"It is," I scoff, upset that he wouldn't fall for my lie, "Harvey won't talk to me and I am upset."

"You really love him, don't you?  Bast asked me, softly placing his hand on my cheek. His large thumb stroking small circles, making my eyes nearly flutter shut in in relief.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, before wearing a soft smile, "Of course. I mean not romantically," I continue noticing the look that flashed across Bast's eyes. Bringing my hand up to Bast's arm, I move a step closer, "More like a big brother."

Bast smiled, leaning his forehead against mine, "That's the one thing I envy about mortals," I sigh, his cool breath fanning across my nose, "The way they can give themselves to each other."

I look up into his eyes, trying to understand what he implied. Bast moved his free hand down to my lower back before pulling me closer to his body, "Witches are aces at passion and lust, but when it comes to love true love not so much."

"Why is that?" I ask him, our lips nearly brushing against each other from our close proximity.

"Our Dark Lord is a jealous lord." Bast grimly smiles, his eyes flickering to the statue near us. "He wants us to love him and only him. Selfish, isn't it?"

"Yeah," I frown, before I can control myself I voice my thoughts, "I noticed you were busy Monday morning," I whisper, biting my lip as I wait for his response.

Bast's eyes turn cold as his expression slowly forms into a gleeful expression, much to my distaste, "You are upset because I was with Julia?"

My jaw drops as I quickly shake my head, "No," I rush out before saying, "I just didn't know you were with other people," my eyes widen before I continue, "Not that you can't be-I meant-Well, it's just I knew that you didn't like-And I guess I just thought since...I-"

Bast seemed to relish in my own embarrassment, as his arms slowly snaked themselves around my waist before he ducked his head in my shoulder, "Jealous are we," his voice ticked my neck as I felt him grin, "You are always welcome to join, Grace," he muttered in a low voice, placing a wet kiss on my neck.

I struggle to form words as I stutter, "Bast you know that we ca-"

Bast's soft lips on my own, brought me out of my thoughts, his lips moving in a slow sensuous manner, making me feel precious like if he applied any more pressure, I would break. I moved to kiss him back but, he pulled away with a small frown, "Why do you fight against this so hard?"

I knew I was crazy to think that Sebatsian would change his ways, traditional ways of any warlock, to be with me. I would never be what he wanted, "I can't be what you want," I tell him, holding back my tears.

I quickly move away from Bast, breaking whatever moment we had going on before, "I better get to class."

"Gracie," Bast sighs, grabbing my arm.

I was about to object but before any words could come out of either of our mouths, we both turned to the statue of the Dark Lord. Blood was trickling down its forehead.

"That can't be good," I sigh, while Bast's grip on my arm loosens, as he looks at the omen as well.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

I was taking notes in Pagan History, trying to ignore Bast, who was mocking Professor Stinek's accent. The only thing worse than Pagan History was Bast's terrible German accent.

I giggle, tossing my pencil over to him, "Stop, please," I whisper looking over to our professor, "he won't like you if you keep talking in his class."

Bast smirked before glancing over at the old male professor who was telling us about the Pagan beginnings in China. "Nah, Stinek is used to me flirting in class."

I smile up at the dark-haired boy, wrinkling my nose, "So I assume you flirt with all of your desk-mates?"

Bast shakes his head with a smile, "Not lately," He said biting his lip, "I have had my eyes on a certain blonde witch."

I bite my lip, turning away from Bast to listen to the lecture. We had both agreed that we should only be friends because, after the Feast of Feasts, we both realized how different our lives were. But Bast was making it hard to remain faithful to our vow. Especially when he kept flirting with me.

Professor Stinek continued his monotonous lecture, "In certain Mandarin covens, you will notice a unique cultural artifact in each church connected to --"

Professor Stinek was interrupted by Father Blackwood storming into class, with a stressed expression on his face, "I am sorry, that I am interrupting, but there is a mandatory coven meeting in the church. I need all students to move there immediately."

I feel Bast tightly grab my hand as he pulled me up with him, amongst the thralls of students greedily trying to get the meeting to hear about the urgent news.

Professor Stinek nodded before directing his hands to the door, "Move ahead now. Don't dally around!"

As Bast and I moved through the crowd, I made sure to tighten my grip on his hand, not wanting to get lost.

I pushed myself closer to Bast as I whispered, "What do you think could be going on?"

Bast hesitantly looked back at me, before eyeing the crowd, "I don't know, Grace. But whatever it is, it can't be good."

I nod my head, allowing Bast to wrap his arm around my waist as he pulls us into the left corner of the church. Leaning back on Bast, I am able to see a bit of Father Blackwood.

I can barely hear what he is saying, however, because the minute everyone settles down, I begin to hear music.

Girl, you gotta love your man

I move my head to Bast, causing him to give me a kiss on my forehead. I blush before the music distracts me again, "Do you hear that?"

Take him by the hand

Make him understand

The boy holding me shakes his head, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. He was about to question what I meant, I am sure, but was interrupted by Father Blackwood screaming.

"Brothers and Sisters last night I witnessed an omen," Father Blackwood announced to the assembly. "As so many of you did. A horrifying sign that can portend only one thing. The Fires of the Abyss are being made ready. The Pit is yawning beneath us. The Dark Lord has seen our contemptible weakness. Our blatant disregard for witch law and doctrine. And Satan, vengeful God that he is, plans to punish us!"

The world on you depends

Our life will never end

I scoff, rolling my eyes at Father Blackwood's abuse of power. I doubt that is the reason. Especially since my banshee abilities are telling me that it is another evil at work. Bast tightens his grip on my waist causing me to look around the room and notice a few people who heard my dismissal of Father Blackwood's prophecy.

Riders on the storm

Riders on the storm

Ambrose and Luke bust into the church, unannounced, bringing the attention away from me, "Father Blackwood! It is not the Dark Lord's wrath that has come for us, it is the Greendale Thirteen."

The entire coven gasps, including myself.

Riders on the storm

Riders on the storm

"We stumbled upon them in the woods last night. They were performing some kind of ritual. A summoning spell. They bore into our minds. Bewitched us. We're only alive because they wanted us to deliver a message."

"What message? Spit it out." Father Blackwood commanded.

"They've returned to visit Death upon the town of Greendale. Last night, they rose to call forth their Crimson Avenger. Tonight, on the witching hour, he rides!"

"Who rides, Ambrose?" Zelda asked. "What are you talking about?"

Turning back to Bast, I whisper, "What are riders on the storm?"

"The Red Angel of Death, Auntie." Ambrose held up a small figurine of a man on a house. "The Thirteen will knock down all the doors in town for him, and in his wake, the firstborn of Greendale, both mortal and witch alike, will perish!"

Bast looks at me in shock before looking back at Ambrose. The entire coven begins to fret in panic.

Bast pulls me closer before whispering in my ear, "You never told me that you were a seer."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "I'm not. I am only part-banshee."

Bast shakes his head, before cautiously whispering, "Banshees don't foreshadow, Gracie. They only sense the dead."

"So someone will die," I whisper, mostly to myself.

"Silence! Silence!" Father Blackwood demanded from the crowd. "You've done well to bring this to us, Brother Ambrose, but if it is the wrath of the Thirteen and their messenger of Crimson Death we face, I, your High Priest, will protect you."

"With all due respect," Hilda kindly began. "Your Excellency, and acknowledging that I'm excommunicated, protect us how?"

"The coven will gather within the walls of the Academy." Father Blackwood said. "Fortified, bound by our combined impenetrable magics, we will stand together until the blood-red horseman has passed through Greendale!"

Sebastian stood up. "But what about the mortals? The people of Greendale."

"Let them run to their False God and gnash their teeth and wail, or whatever it is they do," Blackwood hummed darkly. "Brethren, be inside the Academy by midnight or face the Thirteen and their avenging angel alone."

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

"I don't understand," I plop down on the armrest, completely worn out from the news from today, "Why would the Greendale Thirteen be angry at us?"

"It's a bloody mess what happened to the Greendale Thirteen," Aunt Zelda said taking a puff of her cigarette. "The most ignoble chapter of the Church of Night's history, but it is our history, and we cannot deny it," she sighed before turning to Sabrina and me, "After the witch trials of Salem, all the witches in this part of the country were terrified."

"Trouble was brewing in Greendale," Auntie Hilda said, "and people...mortals were identifying and arresting witches, including the original Thirteen. And while they sat in their cell, the other witches met and decided..."

"The Thirteen would be sacrificed," Zelda said. "To appease the mortals' blood-lust. While those thirteen women were tortured and hung, the rest of the witches burned their poppets and buried their cauldrons."

"Why?" Sabrina asked.

"They were scapegoats to quell the rising witch hysteria," Ambrose explained. "The coven could have come together to save the Thirteen, but they...We, our ancestors decided not to risk it."

"So we're all descendants of the witches who turned their backs on the Thirteen and let them die?" I clarified, understanding where these witches were coming from.

"Jeez. No wonder they hate us." Sabrina mumbled.

"And the mortals that did the actual hunting and hanging, to be fair," Ambrose added.

I frown at Ambrose, "We were still the ones who abandoned them. Which is even worse."

"And, you'd better believe that we are not abandoning our friends to go hide in some magical doomsday bunker," Sabrina said. "And before you even try to stop us, Auntie Zee--"

"On the contrary, I think we should all stay and protect the town," Aunt Zelda replied, shocking both Sabrina and me.

"Really?" I smile at out red-haired aunt.

Sabrina looked at me pleasantly surprised, "I didn't expect that."

"And why not? The Greendale Thirteen were sacrificed so that the pack might survive," Aunt Zelda proudly stated, "But we need not make the same mistake again. We are Spellmans. That means we stand tall, with dignity, and we do what is right. As your father always did, children. The mortals may be weak, but they do not deserve this grim fate. Doom has been unleashed by witches. It must be averted by witches."

"All right, but how would we protect them?" I asked. "I mean sure there's five of us, but we can't be everywhere at the same time. We can't protect the whole town."

"We can if we do the same as Father Blackwood is doing," Aunt Zelda explained. "We gather the mortals together."

"Zelda, I think I might have the answer," Hilda said with a small smile, "Dr. Cerberus told me something. He used to be the local weatherman."

"Oh, for Satan's sake!" Zelda rolled her eyes. I tried to contain my excitement that Auntie H and Dr. Cerberus were hitting it off. They are so cute together.

Auntie H ignores her sister as she continues, "Um, He said that in the event of a tornado or severe weather, that the town's designated shelter was Baxter High basement."

"That's a great idea, Aunt Hilda," Sabrina says, looking pointedly at Auntie Zee, "All we need is a tornado."

"That's easy enough," Ambrose smiled. "I'll get the map and the bowl of water."

I laugh at Ambrose, holding my hand out to stop him, "All I need is a map. and four jars"

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

Ambrose placed a map of  Greendale on the table and while everyone grabbed a jar except for me. Sitting right in front of Sabrina on the floor while the others stood around me, I positioned myself in a meditative stance.

"Boreas, North Wind, I summon you," Zelda said opening her jar.

"Euros, East Wind, I summon you," Hilda said doing the same.

"Notos, South Wind, I summon you," Sabrina said spinning her jar open.

"Zephuros, West Wind, I summon you," Ambrose said, followed suit.

I close my eyes, harnessing the energy of the winds. I try to concentrate so I don't lose any of the winds surrounding me, knowing how powerful they can be if let loose.

"Is it working?" I felt Sabrina's eyes on me, "How will we know?"

"Give her a moment." Aunt Zelda said. As I felt the winds begin to cyclone in a circular motion around the Greendale map, forming in the woods and heading for the town. I began to feel my hair rise up as my body hovered off the ground from the powerful winds.

A few seconds later the siren rang and was heard by all of Greendale.

Aunt Zelda looked up, "Pray to Satan the mortals heed the warning."

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

"Sabrina, where have you been?" Aunt Zelda asked my twin, while I rushed up, "Why isn't he with you?"

I knew Harvey was upset with us but I didn't think he would be so reckless.

The entire Spellman family was assembled at the school hallway holding hands. "The mortals are down in the shelter, and it's almost the witching hour."

"I went to Harvey's, he's not coming," Sabrina told them.

I shook my head, before turning to leave the high school, "I can't let him do this by himself."

Sabrina quickly ran up to stop me, "Grace, we have to help the rest of the school. Harvey wasn't the firstborn."

"I will, I just need a little help," I shake my head before closing my eyes and channeling all the energy I had to conjure a certain black-haired warlock.

A feel a gust of wind before Sabrina gasps, "Sebastian."

Bast doesn't glace at Sabrina, as he immediately grabs both my hands in his own, acting more energetic than usual, as if he knew something, "Why aren't you at the Academy? Grace, it is way too dangerous for you to ---"

"I need you to help me," I interrupt Bast.

"Whatever" Bast assured me, causing me to squeeze his hands. I don't know what I would do without this boy.

"I need you to watch over Harvey for me," I quickly tell him, watching the clock. Every second was precious.

Bast wrinkled his nose, " The mortal? Can't you just lock him in his room with water and a snack?"

Rolling my eyes, I nod, "Yes, the mortal. I need someone to make sure he doesn't get himself killed," I look back at Sabrina who is desperately looking at Bast for aid, "Please."

Bast sighed, before warily eyeing the building, "Promise you will be careful."

I smiled, pulling him into a small hug before moving away, "Same to you."

"Gracelina," I turned to see Sabrina signaling to the rest of our family who were ready to start the spell. I look back at her with a small nod ready to go before I am yanked back by Bast.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Bast, there isn't much time --"

"I don't care," Bast said seriously, gently pulling me close to his body and pressing our foreheads together, "Grace you need to promise me that you will be safe."

I shake my head, trying to move away, but Bast just pulls me closer until I feel every part of myself connected to him, "We might not make it if I don't --"

"You will make it Gracelina," Bast lightly laughs. His minty breath calming any tension I may have had before, "Trust me, I have a feeling they won't be too keen on hurting you."

"Bast," I whisper, noticing out close proximity, as he brushing his fingers across my cheek. Maybe it was because of the near-death approaching the town, but I wanted nothing more than to throw out all my initial hesitation to be with Bast and kiss him.

Bast smiled at me, brushing my blonde curl out of my face, "You truly are special, Grace...," Bast began.

I feel a pang in my chest, remembering how Bast confessed to me that we would never be together. I wrap my arms around his waist, trying to act nonchalant, "Bast I get it. We don't  need t--"

Bast continues to speak, not listening to me, "I have never wanted to be with someone like this, Spellman," Bast said, making my heart stop as I look up at him speechless, "When I am with you Spellman, I want to change to be the person you need, and if that means being a mortal couple, then maybe-"

I stood up on my tippy toes and pressed my lips on his before he could finish talking. The kiss was fervent and rushed, but amazing. Shivers ran through my body as I kissed Bast with all the emotion I had, greedily accepting his kisses back. Trying to tell him everything my words couldn't.

Bast let out a guttural noise as he lifted me up by my thighs and pressed me against the school lockers, moving his hands. One on my waist and the other hand in my hair.

Bast's experienced lips against my own, had me in ecstasy as I grabbed his neck to pull him closer.

A crack of thunder broke us apart, as I look at the sky, knowing that the witching hours is nearly upon us. I turned to Bast with a frown, "You have to go."

Bast kissed me on the forehead, with a smirk on his face, although I could see the happiness in his eyes, before mumbling something incoherent and teleporting away.

Sabrina raised her eyebrow at me before doubtfully saying, "How do you know he will help Harvey?"

I smile turning to my sister, fixing my hair before she suspects anything, "He will."

"Sabrina, Gracelina, "Ambrose shouted, causing us both to run to join the circle adding to the power of the spell.

I could already feel the weak incantation compared to what we were fighting off, "It isn't working, isn't it? The protection spell, Aunt Zelda?"

"It will, as long as we five remain focused, it just might," Aunt Zelda said before she vanished.

"Where did Aunt Zelda go? What is happening?" Sabrina asked her Aunt Zelda. As I began to feel myself weakening.

"Babies," I grunt out, remembering the remains from my morning tea.

Aunt Hilda nodded, "Ladu Blackwood must be having her baby as I assumed," she eyes me warily, "You okay there, love?"

I nod, ignoring the stinging on my wrists, "We can do this."

"Can the protection spell hold with just four of us?" Sabrina asked Auntie H.

Aunt Hilda nodded. "It's a bit dodgy, but if three of us just pick up the slack and no one else disap--" Ambrose vanished, leaving just Sabrina, Aunie Hilda and myself.

"Oh come on!" I whined as I began to feel a throbbing headache as well as the stinging on my wrists.

"The witches are getting stronger out there, I can sense it," Wardwell said appearing from nowhere.

"Ms. Wardwell, it's just us and Aunt Hilda now," Sabrina said.

"I'm fading, love," Hilda said. "I don't think I can hold out much longer. And Gracelina looks like she is about to faint."

I grot my teeth together trying to remain strong, "I'm fine."

"Sabrina, if you, your brother  and your Aunt can't maintain the spell, the Thirteen will throw open every door and window." Ms. Wardwell said. "The mortals will be unprotected when the Red Angel arrives, and there will be no escaping his sword."

"Pitch in at any time," Hilda grunted at the high school teacher. I nodded my head, sending her a narrow glare.

"I fear we would still falter before the witching hour ends. Then there's the matter of Mr. Kinkle, Miss Putnam, and Miss Walker. They're out there, facing their own personal assaults. No, the time for defense is over. It's time to go on the offensive."

"How would we even do that?" I gasp out, managing to open my eyes enough to see her. I didn't even notice that they were closing.

"As a matter of fact, I have an idea," Wardwell smiled, and turned to Aunt Hilda, "but it would mean your Aunt Hilda here holding down the fort alone for a bit."

"Alone?" Hilda gaped, "Bloody hell!"

"We are running out of time."

"I will stay with her," I help.

Wardwell shakes her head, "No, I need both of you for this to work."

"Fine, let's do it," Sabrina says letting go of our aunt's hand and pulling me to follow Wardwell. "Aunt Hilda, hold on. Salem, stay here and watch Aunt Hilda." The cat meowed at Salem. "Just do it, Salem! We'll be back as soon as we can."

I mentally told Astris to remain with Susie and Roz. They didn't know she was there, but I sent her to hide with them just in case something were to happen.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

We followed Ms. Wardwell into the Greendale woods. The dark night had made the woods seem more sinister than usual. The welcoming nature of the elements, were now almost hostile as the branches twisted in our oaths, stopping us at every turn.

We eventually stop at a small clearing, with a large stone podium in the center. I turn to Sabrina, feeling a sense of nostalgia wash over me.

"Wait, Ms. Wardwell, this is where our Dark Baptism..." I began, turning to our supposed "mentor and guardian".

"...almost but not quite took place," Wardwell agreed, lightly trailing her fingers on the stone that housed the Book of the Beast. The same Book that Sabrina and I fought so hard to deny.

"Ms. Wardwell, what is the Book of the Beast doing here?" Sabrina asked seeing the book laid before the altar. The same way it had been before.

"The kind of...power you'll both need to save Greendale will require you to--"

"Sign our names?" I finished, in an angry tone. Was this her plan all along?

Sabrina glared at the Book, "Exchange our freedom for power? We already said no to this, Ms. Wardwell."

"This is what your father and mother wanted for the two of you," Ms. Wardwell said with a sincere smile. "That wasn't a lie your aunties told you."

I shake my head, moving away from the Book ready to run the same way Sabrina and I had done before. There has to be another way. There is always another way.

"The circumstances, you must both agree, have changed," Ms. Wardwell turned to me, noticing my denial, "You're not the same children, not the same witch and warlock you were the night of the ill-fated baptism. You both have the potential to be the greatest witches of your generation. There is a cost that comes with that."

I shook my head, "There has to be another way."

"There's no one I can think of," Wardwell hummed sadly. "You must sign. It's the only way either of you'll ever be strong enough to stop-"

My head whips around to the sound of horses galloping towards Greendale. He is here. The Red Angel of Death.

"That's him now," Wardwell gasped. Why did she not seem scared? She was almost excited by his surprise appearance. "The Red Angel of Death. Can you hear him?"

I feel tears line my eyes. I can't sign my name in the Book. I don't know what will happen to my powers, to me, when the Dark Lord makes me a full witch. I don't even know what a full witch is, "I know you're scared. Because all mortal children are taught to fear power, my dear. Own your power. Don't accept it from the Dark Lord. Take it. Wield it. Save your friends," Wardwell walked up to me with a fire in her eyes that made me fear her more than the Dark Lord, "Grcaelina, you can't always fear the next step in front of you. Your bravery will set you free in the end."

"Ms. Wardwell--"

"Both of you've all but signed already," Wardwell complains. "But what's more important? That pissing contest Sabrina has with the Dark Lord and Gracelina's constant debate about her abilities, or the salvation of your friends?"

"If we sign--"

"It is your destiny. If you do not, Harvey will die. Rosalind and Susie will die. Your aunts and your cousin will die. I will die." Ms. Wardwell said. "Please, children for all our sakes."

"We'll sign," Sabrina said. My head whips to Sabrina with a sense of betrayal.

I shake my head looking at Ms. Wardwell, "I'm not ready."

Ms. Wardwell frown, "I'm sorry Gracelina but even without your signature, Sabrina's bond with you through birth will already bind you to sign your name."

I look up, trying to stop the tear from falling down my eyes, as Sabrina and I mechanically walk up to the book.

Dark Lord behind me growls, signaling his appearance.

"Do you both do this of your own free will?" the Dark Lord growled, his dark breath reeking of death. I numbly nod. "And do you both understand what it means? When I call on you, you must answer."

The Dark Lord grabs Sabrina's hand first, using his left claw to cut a deep gash into her palm. I try to calm my shallow breaths as he rips the same cut into my own hand, allowing the blood to drip onto the paper.

Two quills appear near our undamaged hands. We both grab one as we dip the tip in our own blood and begin to sign our name.

I small tear falls down my left cheek, glistening from the large flames surrounding us.

My mind went through all the things that had happened this year. All my memories of being a sixteen-year-old girl, like cheering at Harvey's football game, with my friends in the stands. My birthday party, where I sang with my friends. Dancing with Harvey, Roz, and Susie.

"There is another path for us, just as there was for our father and mother, a third way. And even if there isn't, my name is Gracelina Spellman and I will not sign it away."

The failed Baptism. Running through the woods and seeing the dark male figure watching me. The trial, forcing me to attend the Academy, which I thought would be miserable but turned out to be amazing.

"What is your name, sweetheart?"

"Gracelina."

"Welcome to the Academy, Gracelina. I'm Nicholas"

Meeting Nicholas. My first kiss. Capturing Batibat with Sabrina. Exorcising Susie's uncle. Watching Mildred die at the Feast of Feasts, with Sebastian there to watch over me.

"Nobody has ever defeated the Devil, but I believe that you can and will destroy him."

Joking around with Bast at school, the way he always made me feel loved. Would it all change with my new powers.

"I have had my eyes on a certain blonde witch."

I look down at the paper, watching as my teardrop fell off my cheek and stained the page. I gasp, looking at my name shining bright red. A bolt of lightning cuts through the sky right in front of Sabrina and me and I immediately feel a gust of power pass over us.

Ms, Wardwell grabs my shoulders, reminding me that it all happened, that I am a full witch, "Can you both feel it? Do you feel it?"

"Yes," Sabrina and I quietly reply in unison.

"We don't have much time," Wardwell rushed out, looking to the sky.

"Where-Where do we go now?" I asked her confused. I felt like a new born bird, unsure what to do with my new wings. ""What do we do to stop the Thirteen...and the Red Angel?"

"Not we, you two," Wardwell's voice quavered a bit, as she wore an uneasy smile. "The power is yours, not ours."

"Where do we go?" Sabrina asked. "What do we do?"

"You already know, don't you?" Ms. Wardwell said looking at the Sabrina and I. "Hasn't the Dark Lord already shown you what to do, Sebastian?"

A vision of the hanging tree passes over me. Sabrina looking at me as I joined her vision from the Malum Malus. There was something strange about the tree.

"We were at the Hanging Tree," I began looking to Sabrina to remember what was so important about the vision. "Where the witches died."

"It was on fire," Sabrina said.

We all turned to each other before, running to the Hanging Tree. As we ran, I couldn't help but marvel at my new abilities. I no longer felt weak or helpless. Instead, I felt liberated and powerful. I knew my limits and I was ready to test them.

Looking up at the old whithered tree before me, I was ready, excited even, to test my new abilities.

Sabrina gasped, "How do we do it, Ms. Wardwell?"

"Dig deep, "Our old teacher instructed us, "It isn't just power, girls. It's rage. It's the desire to change the world...and the will to do it. Command the Greendale Thirteen."

I close my eyes, reaching my hand out for Sabrina. Locking our hands together, we summon the Greendale Thirteen.

"I order the Greendale Thirteen to stop!" Sabrina shouted, "Go in peace, or face our wrath!"

Opening my eyes, I look at the sky, a mixture of blue lightning and dark grey clouds. Beneath it, stood the thirteen ghosts that were tormented by the betrayal of their fellow coven members. Here we all stood in the same location of their deaths.

"Who are you to order us?" the Head Witch demanded, "We felt the wrath of Greendale once, children. We won't be hung again."

"No, not hung." Sabrina threatened. "Burned."

"Burn us, half-witches?" The old witch mocked. "We are not of this Earth. No earthly fire can burn us."

"No, not earthly fire. Hellfire." I walked up to the witch, my body shaking as I tried to control my rage.

"None but the most powerful can summon it: Devils." The witch spat at us. "And in the history of witches, only three--"

"Well, it's about to be five," I snapped.

"We, Sabrina and Gracelina Spellman, children of Edward Spellman, Children of Night, call forth Fire from the Pit."  Sabrina walked up to me and reconnected our hands, feeling the flames of hell rise from the underworld and surround the witches in eternal flames.

"Te evoco ut potentium tuam monstres.

Cupidibus flammis hic veni.

Caelo sub isto, harc arborem consumo.

Lucem tenebrasque tuas monstra.

Impetuum tuum evoco ad devorandum.

Hanc arborem ac omnes hospitas devora."

Up they went into the blue fire of the underworld. Burning like Icarus, falling from the heavens. And down I fell with them, barely keeping my eyes open to see the magnificent spectacle in front of me.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕

I gasp, opening my eyes, trying to wake up from the terrible dream I just had. Taking in deep breaths to control my breathing I assure myself that it was all just a terrible dream.

"Relax, Spellman, you are fine."

My head whips around to see Sebastian sitting next to me on my bed. The creased lines on his forehead reveal how stressed he was.

Slowly bringing my hands up, I rub them away; that was when I noticed that my skin was paler than usual.

Sebastian didn't seem fazed as he turned his face into my palm to place a warm kiss in my open palm. His right hand encompassing my hand that had moved to his cheek, "I was so worried when I heard what happened, Gracie. I canceled my trip right away to be next to your side."

I tilt my head in confusion, "What happened?"

Bast looked at me confused, "You got rid of the Greendale Thirteen," he told me before exasperatedly exclaiming, "You signed your name in the Book of the Beast. then you passed out. It has been nearly two weeks."

My jaw drops open in disbelief. It all happened. My dream slowly became a nightmare. I sold my soul to the devil to save my loved ones.

Bast must have noticed my surprise because he moved closer to me on the bed, bringing his hand to my cheek to look at my face, "Are you okay, Gracie?"

I numbly nod my head. "I just can't believe it all happened. I am a full witch."

Bast grinned, "Yeah, you are."

"I'm still me," I marvel. I can't help but giggle at the knowledge that I wasn't evil. I didn't become this hellspawn I thought I would be. It felt like a burden had been lifted from my shoulders.

I quickly got out of my bed, running to my mirror like a child to see if I would look different. Look as light as I felt.

Bast quickly followed me, noticing how I stumbled a bit. I was still a bit lightheaded.

I gasp as I look into the mirror. My hair was as white as snow and my skin was the fairest I have ever seen. My eyes were the only thing that didn't seem to change. As they were the same crystal blue pits as before.

I felt stronger somehow. Different.

I smirked, leaning back into Bast, who wrapped his arms around me with a proud smile on his face, before leaning down to press a kiss on the crook of my neck.

I felt wicked.

Pokraฤovat ve ฤtenรญ

Mohlo by se ti lรญbit

255K 5.7K 41
*CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA* Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street, faster than the wind, passionate as sin and ending...
14.1K 282 13
'USED TO BE 'HURTS So GOOD' "Come on! What have I've said!" "Don't leave you hanging like the Mona Lisa" "Exactly!" As half witch, half mortal, Lynet...
1.9K 6 59
Aaron is back in this side story of this series! In this book, Aaron is making a journal of the time he and Sabrina were twelve years old, before the...