Royally Yours

By maceyywrites

Alena Thompson is fresh out of college ready to pursue her new career in London England. Everyone tells you h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 25

8.4K 298 37
By maceyywrites

Coming back from Rhode Island to London was nice. I loved all of the celebrations and what not but I was ready to get back into the grind of life.

I was sitting in Archie's study doing things for work while he worked as well.

"What should we have for dinner?" he asked me

I looked up from my computer, "I've been craving potatoes."

"Steak and potatoes?" Archie proposed

I nodded, "Oh, yes. I could really go for that right about now."

"Tell me when you're finished and we can sneak to the grocery store." Archie told me

"I just have to send two more emails and then we can go." I responded

Going to the grocery store was kind of like a game for Archie and I. We had special wigs and outfits we would wear so no one could know who we were.

He always dressed like an old man and it was hilarious to me.

"Do we need anything else?" Archie asked me as we walked through the store

"Nope." I looked in our cart, "We got our dinner, breakfast, movie night snacks, I think we're all set."

Archie rubbed my back, "I think so too."

We checked out and headed back home. We changed out of our disguises and began to cook our dinner.

He looked really good grilling those steaks.

"I love watching you cook." I laughed, "You get super serious about it. It's so cute."

Archie looked up, "It's because you're so picky about your steak."

"You always make them just right and I love you for that." I beamed

I cooked the potatoes while Archie focused on his steak. When our dinner was ready we sat outside while we ate dinner.

"Should I go to law school?" Archie asked me for my opinion

"You can never have too many degrees, right?" I asked him

He nodded, "I kinda wanna have it, you know, just in case."

"What would happen, Arch? I think you're pretty good for life." I proceeded to ask him

Archie shrugged, "Lots of think are unpredictable. The apocalypse could happen."

"It's probably not though." I reminded him, "I do think it would be good to have."

"Exactly. I'm not sure though, I need to sleep on it more." Archie decided as he put his plate down on the table, "What movie should we watch tonight?"

I stood up from my chair, "How about you find something while I go shower? I'll wash dishes when I'm done."

Arche gave me a small nod, "Alright, don't take too long."

"I make no promises." I said before going into the house and going up the stairs

I took a shower, shaved, did my skincare routine, and put on a black satin cami pajama top with matching satin shorts. Archie got me this pajama set for Valentine's Day one year and it was one of my favorites.

When I walked downstairs into the living room there was my favorite chocolate - white chocolate Reese's - and a dozen roses sitting on the end table.

I looked over at what Archie was doing. He'd rearranged the living room with sheets. He was doing something that I hadn't done since I was a young child.

"Arch....what the fuck are you doing?" I asked him as I smelt the flowers

Archie looked up proudly, "I'm building a pillow fort."

"Isn't that a little childish? Then again you had lack of a childhood." I questioned him jokingly

Archie raised his eyebrows, "Does that mean you don't want to join me?"

We both stared at each other for a while.

I grinned, "...Move over."

"Get the snacks first." Archie told me, "And the wine."

I grabbed the snacks we bought from the store and climbed into the fort with Archie. He had his laptop set up on Netflix and lots of blankets and pillows on the inside.

"Maybe we should do this more often. I forgot how much fun this was." I said as I cuddled up to him

I poured us two glasses of wine, "Do you have work tomorrow?"

He took the glass from me, "Nope."

"Did I ever tell you how much I missed you when you were gone?" I began

Archie sat up, "You know, Lainey, I think I missed you more."

"Those twenty-eight days away from you really made me realize how much peace you bring me. It also made me realize how much I love you." Archie began as I smiled at him, "Keep smiling at me like that."

"I've been falling in love with you since the first day we met," Archie began, "When I was in South Africa I thought a lot. A lot of manipulative magazines think that there royal experts and that you bring me down."

Archie let out a small laugh, "It's all bullshit. You saved me. All of my life I've been under a microscope and dealt with a lot of trauma. I've struggled with my mental health and my self-image. I was born into this drama and I didn't ask for it - at all."

"You've done what so many people haven't." Archie held my hand as he spoke, "You've always allowed me to be Archie and supported me and stood by me every step of the way. Even when times got hard."

"I'm so thankful for you. I don't know how I got so lucky but you know, I did." Archie continued

I smiled as I squeezed his hand, "Where is this coming from?"

Archie put his wine glass down and stood up but his head hit the top of the sheets.

"Actually, we should step into the backyard." Archie held out his hand and led me to the backyard. The backyard was decorated with tealights on the ground and Christmas lights hanging from the tree.

"You did all of this while I was in the shower?" I asked him

He nodded his head excitedly, "It looks pretty good huh?"

I looked around at the yard, "It looks amazing."

Archie held both my hands, "I couldn't imagine my future without you now that I have you. I want you to be my view when I wake up every morning and go to sleep every night. I want you to be my queen, the mother of my children, but most of all I want you to be my wife."

My heart began to race as he spoke every word but the feeling I felt when I watch him drop down on his knee.

I put my hands on his cheeks as he was on his knee, "Archie"

I could feel a tear go down my cheek as I moved my hands to my cheek.

"Alena, will you marry me?" he asked as he opened a small box

"Yes! Yes! A million times yes." I answered his question

I held out my left hand and he slipped the ring onto my ring finger.

He stood up and wrapped his arms around me. I could feel my feet leave the ground as he picked me up.

"I love you so much." Archie whispered into my ear

I kissed his cheek, "I love you more."

We walked back into the house and went into the fort. I looked at the ring while Archie rubbed thighs.

"It's gorgeous." I admired the ring. It was a yellow cold diamond ring with sapphire accents. The center of the ring was a gorgeous oval-shaped diamond.

"The sapphire and the center diamond was my mother's." Archie told me, "I designed everything else myself."

I looked at the sapphire, "It matches the necklace you gave me."

He nodded, "My Mom loved sapphires and I know she would've loved you. My Dad finally gave me access to her jewelry collection before I left for Africa and I found a lot of good stuff."

I stroked his cheek, "I wish I could've met her."

"Be honest with me Arch, shits about to get real huh?" I asked him

Archie just looked at me and I knew what that meant.

"I'm always here for you and you know that I'll always have your back. I'll have your back before I have anyone else's. I swear." Archie assured me

"And everything starts tomorrow. We have to go talk to my Dad and I believe that your family arrives tomorrow at four." Archie told me

My eyes lit up, "You did not!"

"I did." Archie confirmed, "I figured it would be nice to have them here."

"Do you think that we could have a small, private, relaxing wedding in California?" I asked him

"I'm not too sure but I don't see why not." Archie answered my question, "I've just been thinking about how we're the first big engagement and wedding since my parents. When I was in my mother's room I found her journal that she wrote in when she was going through this process. I think it'd be interesting for us to read together."

I glanced at the ring, "Yeah, I'd like that."

"Let's just sleep down here." I decided as I snuggled up to Archie, "Tomorrow is going to be long."

He rubbed my back, "Goodnight, fiancée."

That was music to my ears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 5.4K 23
Aisha Ahluwalia is a London-based Indian, focussed on her career as a personal shopper with the UK's most sought-after designer, Elise Alva. She's us...
123K 6.8K 22
One lucky girl is going to become royalty. She's prepared to fight the competition for her prince's heart, if only she could stay out of trouble lon...
4.5K 195 44
Emilia Thomas moved to London to start a new life with her family, and to get away from her troubled past. There she starts her school hoping that he...
1K 124 36
PRINCESS LAVINIA is young, innocent and cursed with a past she cannot escape. Despite her broken past she has never stopped seeing beauty in the worl...