Royal Affection

By repswiftly

Avanna Larsen, Ava for short, is the Princess of Denmark and she is in line to become Queen of Denmark after... More

Royal Affection
CHAPTER ONE - The Big Dream
CHAPTER TWO - Red Hair
CHAPTER THREE - A Familiar Stranger
CHAPTER FOUR - Rude Boy
CHAPTER FIVE - Eventful
CHAPTER SIX - Rosaline and Mathew
CHAPTER SEVEN - The Bully's Nice Friend
CHAPTER EIGHT - Masked Man
CHAPTER NINE - 'A'
CHAPTER TEN - The Practice Kiss?
CHAPTER ELEVEN - Hurt
CHAPTER TWELVE - Tears
CHAPTER FOURTEEN - Meant To Be Hate
CHAPTER FIFTEEN - Night-time Chase
CHAPTER SIXTEEN - Broom Cupboard
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - Scared
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - Anthony Cartwright
CHAPTER NINETEEN - Surprise Kisses
CHAPTER TWENTY - Unspoken
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE - Poopy and Stinky
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO - Under The Moonlight
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE - Hiding Something
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR - Dead Within A Week
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE - Go Get Her
CHAPTER-TWENTY SIX - The Last Scene
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN - Deserves To Be King
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT - Girlfriend
EPILOUGE

CHAPTER THIRTEEN - Butterflies

20.4K 627 55
By repswiftly

                                               C H A P T E R - T H I R T EE N

I just grabbed my Creative Writing books from my locker when the door slammed shut. I’m lucky my hand didn’t get jammed or fingers chopped off. The sound make me jump but Paige’s seething face terrified me more.

            She’d slammed the door shut and I could see her clenched teeth. Jade and some other girl were right behind her, all looking rather bored.

“It’s your fault!” spat Paige and I furrowed my eyebrows. She punched my locker with her balled up fist and I stood there quite stupidly.

            “Because of you Lucas dumped me and I swear I’ll get you back for it.” She sobbed, the tears now wetting her angry eyes. It wasn’t long before she completely broke down and all I could do was stand there.

            I wanted to ask how their break up involved me but I decided against it. Maybe she just wants someone to blame other than herself and Lucas. I slowly slip away and round a corner, sighing in relief and thankfully sprinting over to the water fountain to April.

            “The weirdest thing just happened,” I tucked my hair behind my ear as April finished drinking. “Paige just yelled at me and said it was my fault she and Lucas broke up.” I scoffed and held onto my books; aware that the corridors were thinning down and people were off to their next lesson.

            April and I started making our way to our class when April smiled. “Why are you all smiley?” I ask and she giggles like she always does. “I think it’s because you and Lucas are the leads in the play. That’s why she’s blaming you.”

            I think for a moment and scrunch up my face. She’s blaming me for something I had no control over? I was picked at the lead, it’s not like I had a choice. Or maybe I did but I’m still not to blame.

            “I think it’s because you get to kiss him,” April chuckles and I slap her in the arm. She gasps and rubs her arm sadly.

            “I’m sorry, April, but kissing him isn’t exactly a highlight.” Maybe it is. Admit is Ava, you loved that kiss. If I could slap my brain, I would. I don’t care about the kiss and I don’t care about Lucas. But you were shocked by all the things he told you yesterday.

            Gratefully we reached our class and we silently went in. The lesson was not as mundane and my brain stopped being a pervert.

***

            “Hello girls.” Grinned Jake and he sat by me on the lunch table. I didn’t protest as April gets a cut slice of an orange and puts it into her mouth; smiling at us. I stifle and laugh whilst Jake happily threw grapes at her.

            “Paige is still…sad then?” I cautiously ask but Jake nods. “She’s still a mess. And April tells me she’s blaming you. Honestly, you have nothing to do with it. It’s just Lucas.” Jake reassures with a smile. I decide to return the smile with an orange slice in my mouth. It hurts my mouth but its fun. I childishly grin at Jake when Lucas catches my eye. He doesn’t do anything but returns to twiddling with his fingers. I felt like I wanted to talk to him again, and I funnily wasn’t afraid.

            I spit out the orange and stand up. April looked perplexed but I put up my hand up and nod. Within seconds I’m at his table and Bradley, the ginger boy, growled at me. He reminds me of a wild animal who does nothing but growl at everything. I shake the thoughts away and smile at Lucas who doesn’t return it.

            “Hi,” I breathe but his stare couldn’t have been colder. The smile is wiped off my face immediately. “What do you want, Stalker?” He spat and my heart dropped. Along with the confident feeling that I could talk to him.

            Stalker? What happened to saying my name? Or is he kidding around. He’s nothing like he was yesterday.

            “I-,” I don’t know whether to go on or not since the whole tables eyes are on me. “I just wanted to say Hi.” I cock up an eyebrow at his sudden arrogance.

            “Awh,” he coos in a derisive soft voice. “Isn’t that sweet? Well now that you’ve said you ‘Hi’” he continues with his annoyingly soothing voice. “Get lost.” He snarls and stands up.

            I hadn’t notice Jake by my side but only realised when his arm was around my shoulder. My eyes didn’t leave Lucas but he seemed agitated at Jake’s appearance. Weren’t they friends?

            “Luke, calm down, she’s only being nice. You should try it sometime.” Jake teases but I don’t think Lucas gets this joke. He shakes his head and glares at me harshly. “Why would I be nice to the stalker? Just because you’re friends and spend time with her, doesn’t mean I have to. You need to get your priorities straight, Jake. I thought we were best mates.”

            I didn’t like the fact he’s telling Jake was to do. I’m pretty sure Jake makes his own decisions and goes against how Lucas behaves but he puts up with it because they’re friends. I understand they both put up with each others choices despite what the other thinks.

            “Whatever.” Lucas dismissively waves his hand, not failing to send me a glare before he strolls out of the canteen. I also get an unnerving stare from Paige. Honestly, those two were made for each other and I have no idea how Lucas broke up with her.

You know you’re happy they broke up, now you can be his girlfriend.

            I feel as if my brain is a completely different person who is being creepy. Yet I know it’s me thinking it in the back of my head. Would I have a chance to be with him? But why would I want to when he treats me like dirt? I hate this.

***

“That was amazing guys.” cheered Mr. Goodman as he clapped his hands. We’d just performed a scene where Rosaline and Mathew share a romantic moment. Thankfully there was no kissing involved but I have to say we both played our parts well. Of course you really wanted a kiss to be in that scene, didn’t you?

I ignore my own thoughts and shake my head.

Lucas really looked as if he liked me for the whole time we practiced the scene – and that was just for ten minutes, after that the hatred began again.

I don’t know how to describe my acting. Sometimes I’m not even pretending to be Rosaline, but a very confused and scared Ava. If it convinces the teacher and everyone else then I guess it’s okay.

“Brilliant and I think I saw some chemistry there.” Taunted Goodman with a wink. Did he really just do that? And say we have chemistry. The comment made me blush but Lucas wretched derisively behind me. I rolled my eyes and caught up with Jake. He looked like he’d seen a ghost.

“Hi,” I smile, but his smile is weak. “You okay? Can you believe Goodman said me and Lucas have some sort of Chemistry. Clearly he doesn’t know how much Rude Boy hates me.” I shrug, making Jake laugh softly. He was untangling some wires that were cut, making the colourful wires at the end sprout out in different directions. “Rude boy?” Jake smiles quizzically and I laugh – more to myself. “It’s kind of my nickname for him.”

This time Jake continues like he hadn’t heard me, and maybe he didn’t since he’s busy sorting the cables. “That’s cute,” he whispered. So he had heard me. “And you do have some chemistry with Lucas, Goodman’s not wrong. He never is when it comes to Drama.” Jake explained and I sucked in a breath nervously.

So this connection thing was visible. I wasn’t aware there was one but people found it very obvious apart from me. I don’t see how Lucas and I could possibly share some link. We’re worlds apart and his acting – it’s what I admire about him. For those ten minutes he doesn’t hate me. I actually mean the world to him for that short amount of time and that warms my heart. Sometimes I wish those ten minutes could spread on forever – but that’s very unlikely.

I hadn’t noticed that I’d zoned out until Jake waved his hand in front of me. “Ava? You’re miles away. You have to practice another scene, your kiss with Benjamin.”

I sighed loudly and turned my head. There on the stage stoodGarywith his hair over his eyes, a loose t-shirt and very skinny, skinny jeans. He was good looking in some way but not my type. He took out a breath spray and sprayed some in his mouth. I internally groaned and reluctantly walked over to the stage.

Somehow I knew that this kiss wouldn’t be like Lucas’ but then again I thought I’d thought that kissing Lucas would be bad, but in reality I had butterflies when he kissed me and I…liked it.

            I was on the stage and standing very close to Gary who smelt of cornflakes. It wasn’t a bad smell but I’m not fond the cereal whereas bubblegum is something I like and the smell that followed Lucas wherever he went. I wouldn’t think Lucas would smell of something like that but he always surprises me.

            “In a weeks time you’ll be my wife and nothing can come between us.” Said Gary and I raised my eyebrow. Then I realised that everyone was silent and he was saying his lines. I sheepishly looked down to my script then back up.

            “Benjamin…I-I need to t-tell-“ I stammered and looked at Lucas. But he wasn’t looking at me; he was interested in Gary who had suddenly taken my hand. I caught disgust in his eyes but had to tear my gaze away quickly. “Shh, not now.” He said in a soft whisper and cupped my face with both hands. Oh god we were going to kiss. Before I could reactGarycrashed his lips on mine crazily. The script stated that Rosaline was meant to be shocked and taken aback which I was completely. I’m an actor without even trying.

            Finally we broke apart and I was breathless. Loud claps broke the silence and all eyes turned to the door. Someone had come in soundlessly and we didn’t even notice. It was Mr. Gibson and he’s stopped clapping and shoved his hands in his pockets.

            “Sorry to bother you Mr. Goodman, I thought I’d come along and see since I don’t have a class to teach this period.” His eyes were glued to me the whole time and then quite suddenly faced our Drama teacher. I saw a quick flash of annoyance but it was quickly replaced by a smile. I guess hiding his true emotions was quite easy for a Drama teacher unless someone catches a quick glimpse like me.

            “That was brilliant,” complimented Gibson and shot us a toothy grin. “Was Ava meant to look as shocked as she did?” He asked and Goodman nodded. “In that case, it was excellent, very believable Ava.”

            I didn’t try and be too creeped out about the admiration of my acting from my registration teacher. He often talked to me in class since he’d started. I’m sure it was only my name he knew and didn’t even bother with anyone else’s names.

            “Anyway, sorry to disturb, I’ll be going, bye.” Gibson grinned and turned on his heals; he pushed open the door and disappeared. Everyone stumbled off the stage but Lucas was glaring atGarywith distain. I grabbed April arms and told her.

            “Maybe he just doesn’t like him.” April shrugged. I shook my head and quickly darted out of the room with my bag. “Well this morning Lucas patted him on the back and laughed and now he doesn’t like him? I honestly think he’s bipolar.”

“Maybe he is.” April said softly as she read some notes from her play.

            I watched Lucas go in the opposite direction. It was time to go home and we usually go the same way to the entrance but he wasn’t.

            “You like him, don’t you?” Said April and my head snapped to look at her. My throat had gone dry so I gulped. She looked up now, a sneaky smile playing on her lips whilst I pushed open the glass doors, a gush of cool air washing over me pleasantly.

            “You’re kidding me, right?” I cock up and eyebrow but she shakes her head. “Don’t even try and say you don’t because I know you do.” She prodded me and I couldn’t help but smile. I tried biting the inside of my mouth however it was useless.

            “I knew it,” she said victoriously, “I knew you like him and it couldn’t have been more obvious.”

            Suddenly my smile went. If April could tell then surely others could and also Lucas. “Is it that noticeable?” I ask and she shrugs. “Not entirely, I’m your friend so I kind of guessed. Others just see your connection between you while you’re on stage and that’s probably it.”

            I relaxed a little and smiled at myself again. I honestly adore April and she is my first ever real friend. Back in Denmark, being a princess didn’t allow you to have real friends unless they were other stuck up princesses that cared about nothing but money, looks and clothes. April was real and my friend – and the first to know that I liked Lucas. I think she knew even before I did.

________________________________________________________

Sorry for the wait guys but thanks for being patient. What were your thoughts, please comment and and vote. Also now that Princess Charming is nearly over, this book will be my top priority on wattpad when I get time to write it.

School is just...urggh...annoying, hard work and grr... have so much work :( So a few comments will cheer me up! :) Can you predict what's going through Ava and Lucas; head? Try and guess. Thanks for reading guys x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 1.9K 25
COMPLETE πŸ’• A loner Full of secrets, Trying to live like a Normal person MEET A Trouble maker who is A King and already known by everyone.. What wi...
259 18 8
"so you're her?" "minus the nose job and losing weight? why yes, i'm definitely her." qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜† Ava have had the longest crush on her childho...
760K 7.8K 27
For all of her life, Lilith has been running. She ran from her imperfect home. She ran from her unloving father. She ran from the feeling that she ha...
3.7K 76 22
Three words to describe Arielle Gregor. Imperfect, clumsy, and crazy. A girl who can never walk past a place without her action causing a crackle. Wh...