[LISAxIU] I'm In Charge

By skyaeacus

"What the fuck Manoban! Look!", Seulgi shouted eyes bulging out in shock while looking at her wristwatch. "We... More

Chapter 1: First Day
Chapter 2: Unfriendly
Chapter 3: Sunbaenim
Chapter 4: Assignment
Chapter 5: The Hotel
Chapter 6: Poison
Chapter 7: Dear Name
Chapter 8: Eomoni
Chapter 9: Photograph
Chapter 10: Thief
Chapter 11: Khight
Chapter 12: Arcade
Chapter 13: Professional
Chapter 14: Phone
Chapter 15: Back up
Chapter 16: Starting
Chapter 17: Different
Chapter 18: Gyeongsang
Chapter 19: Crazy
Chapter 20: Persistent
Chapter 21: Unable
Chapter 22: Closer
Chapter 23: Diary
Chapter 24: Toys
Chapter 25: Champagne
Chapter 26: Alone
Chapter 27: Insane [M]
Chapter 28: Closet
Chapter 29: Visitor
Chapter 30: Witness
Chapter 31: Zombie
Chapter 32: Flowers
Chapter 34: Insatiable [M]
Chapter 35: Hear
Chapter 36: Classified
Chapter 37: Inseparable[M]
Chapter 38: Rooftop
Chapter 39: Chase
Chapter 40: Tired
Chapter 41: Moon
Chapter 42: Cupcakes
Chapter 43: Night [M]
Chapter 44: Advice
Chapter 45: Invitation
Chapter 46: Gangster
Chapter 47: Familiar
Chapter 48: Disgust
Chapter 49: Mistake

Chapter 33: Cabinet

3K 172 45
By skyaeacus

"Jieun, I-"

Then a sudden call came in, stopping the tall girl from talking.

"Wait.", Jieun stops the latter to get her phone and check who's calling her.

Lisa bit her lip, as she nods letting the older one talk to whoever that person is. And waits in front of the girl silently.

"Oh, you're already outside? Ok, ok I'll go down."

Lisa's head tilt, and her eyes narrowed after hearing what Jieun said to the phone.

"Uhm, ok. I guess it's ok. We still have time because you're quite early. Ok bye."

Jieun said before ending the call. And turned her attention back to Lisa.

"Who is it?" The tall girl asked curiously.

"It's Jin-goo, he said he'll fetch me today and I accepted it." She said bluntly with a shrugged. Unaware of the sudden surge of emotion taking over the tall girl.

Lisa heave a deep sigh, as she cupped and scratch her nape.

But Jieun could only stare at her with confusion.

"Anyway, I have to go now.", Jieun uttered before she spun and went back inside her apartment, leaving Lisa outside to place down the flowers she gave her, and get her things before going out.

But when she went out, Lisa wasn't outside anymore.

"Did she just left without even waiting for me? I thought she'll walk with me going down.", The small girl mumbles to herself while searching the corridors for the brunette. But gave up, when the hallway is all empty beside her. She decided to get down the building. And there she saw Lisa talking to Jin-goo.

------

Jieun Pov

As soon as I reached the ground floor, I saw her outside and talking to Jin-goo. I thought she left, but it happens that she just went down first. I walk and was about to open the main door, but I stopped. As my eyes narrowed.

I noticed Lisa's face darkened. And it sends something in me, I bit my lip as I stare at her from afar. Lisa's side profile is always that captivating and one of the things I found really attractive from her, but seeing her this serious and gloomy is different.

My hands gripped tight on the strap of my bag. Finding myself feeling hot, and I hate it. Lisa still has that effect on me, and I shamefully admit how much I miss her.

"Stop.", I grumbled under my breath and shake my head to take the thoughts of her out. Before I pushed the door open and drawing their attention to me.

I walk towards them, but I saw Lisa's jaw clenched, brows furrowed and she was glaring at me. Is she mad? And before I even got close to them, she stomped hastily towards her car that had me taken aback.

And I watch how she got inside her car and slam the door closed before us, turning her engine on and drive off without bidding her goodbye to her seniors.

"What's wrong with her? Did you tell anything to her that made her like that?" I asked worriedly at Jin-goo when I stopped beside him.

"I don't understand why she's still pursuing you. When you said she likes someone else deeper than she likes you. And that someone also likes her back? Why don't they just be together and leave you alone?" Jin-goo muttered, looking upset.

"She doesn't deserve you Jieun-ah. I'm not gonna let her have her way with you again and make you look like a fool."

He added, looking at me with resolve. But my brows knitted in response. I suddenly felt anxious on the way he talks, are they fighting? Is that why Lisa looks so mad a while ago?

"What are you saying? What did you tell her Jin-goo?" I insisted on the question, having an idea of what could be the reason Lisa was fuming mad before she left. But I'm hoping it wasn't what I'm thinking it is.

Because I didn't want Lisa to hate me, I don't want her to stop thinking about me. What I want for her is to finally set her priorities, and choose who she wanted to be with without thinking of another woman.

I know I'm stupid to still hope that she'll choose me. But it if happens that it wasn't me. Then-

I have no other choice but to let go completely. Even how much it hurts.

"I told her, that we're already dating. That I want her to stop bothering you and be professional."

Jin-goo blurted out.

That made a deafening sound ringing in my ears. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath trying to calm myself. And cool down the frantic beating inside my chest.

But the image of Lisa glaring at me, finally sink into me, and I couldn't stop myself from bursting out in panic.

"You told her that?!, why did you lie to her!?"

-------

Lisa Pov

I stopped my car somewhere on my way to work. Feeling my whole body trembling with anger and disappointment.

"It's been only a week."

I snorted.

I can't believe she would actually replace me after a week or was it even a week? Dammit. Then what were all those words she let out during her drunk state? And the way she look at me, I felt it. I really felt that she still love me.

Or I'm just trying to convince myself that she is because I still don't want to let go of her.

"Fuck!" I shouted, slamming my hand on the steering wheel, hissing at the thought of her dating someone else. And those images of them being intimate flashes into my head, and hits me like a fucking bullet.

"Ah! Fuck it!", I yelled brushing my hair in frustration.

"Fuck it. Fuck it. Fuck it!", curses left my mouth as I let out the anger building inside me. This can't be happening, I can't lose her to someone.

But no matter how many times I swore with anger, the feeling of being suffocated drain my strength. My head fell on my hand, as I cover my face. That's when I realize I was already crying like a damn fucking kid again.

Why is it always happen to me?

Why can't I always have who I want?

I couldn't bear the air filling my chest, as I let out a gasp, and quickly cover my mouth to muffle my own sobs.

-------

I stayed in my car for quite too long, as I let out all the frustration I have for what Jin-goo sunbaenim told me. Which caused me to came late at the office.

And when I entered the room, everyone is already busy. But what caught my eyes is her talking to her boyfriend. At his table, my teeth gritted and I couldn't bear to look at them as I went straight to my table.

"Oh, there you are Officer Manoban." Chief's voice was too loud from the back, which drew the attention of other officers on me including her. Our eyes met, but I was the first one to break it.

I stood with irritation and faces the old man who calls me.

"Yes, chief?"

I asked with a straight face. Putting my hands inside the pocket of my jeans before I stride towards his desk.

"Officer Lee, come here as well.", the chief calls her, but I didn't bother to glance at her direction. And when she comes closer and I felt her presence beside me, I sidle to the side keeping my distance from her immediately.

"Officer Manoban is there something wrong?" The old man asked.

"None, nothing's wrong chief."

I said with sarcasm, peeking a glance at her. And caught her staring at me with a brow raised up looking suspicious, I huffed and quickly snub her.

I feel so upset. I can't stand looking at her because I can't help but picture her with Jin-goo sunbae.

Aish.

"Ok, if you say so. Anyway, I called you both because I want to inform you that I'll add one more recruit to your team, and he'll start tomorrow."

Chief inspector announced that had my brows creased with surprise. Sunbae and I look at him with the same expression at the same time.

"No.", she quickly retorted.

As she crossed her arms. While I nod eagerly agreeing to her.

"Yes." Chief insisted.

"Why?"

"I think you know why, Officer Lee?" Chief mumbles leaning forward and looking at sunbae and me intently.

I know what the old man meant, he wants to add another officer to our team so we wouldn't get a chance to lose our focus. And mind something else aside from work.

As if I still have a chance to. His daughter like officer is already in the hands of his favorite officer.

"It's fine with me.", I blurted out. Because at this point I don't care anymore.

"You're not the one to decide, I'm still the one in charge Officer Manoban."

She muttered. Raising an eyebrow at me. I huffed, pouting as I turn my head away from looking at her.

"If you're doing this to monitor me. Then stop."

I heard her say to the old man and I quickly pursed my lips trying not to smile hearing how stubborn she is.

"My decision is final Officer Lee. If you want to disobey me this time then I have no other choice but to have you suspended for a week for insubordination." Chief muttered viciously, as he stood up glowering at my girl.

"Wait, that's too much?", I butted in, getting in between them. But the old guy didn't even spare a glance at me as he fought back with sunbae's fuming glares.

No way I'm gonna let that happen, I won't survive not seeing her for a week.

I nudge Jieun's side with my elbow, as I lean down towards her ear.

"Don't be stubborn, please.", I whispered to her ears, that causes her head to tilt. Like she always does, we both got startled with our action as we share a surprise look to each other.

She looked at me with reddened face, that left me gawking.

"Aish! Fine!", She grumbled with whine, before stomping her foot as she walks away leaving me and chief with confusion.

"Wae?", my eyes widened as I tried to cover my mouth and puff over my palm, checking my own breath.

"Yah? I don't smell bad? What's wrong with her?" I mumbled, while my brows crinkled cluelessly.

"You."

Chief spoke again that taken me aback.

"Yes, chief?"

His eyes narrowed. "Jin-goo told me what happened. I'm not gonna judge you but if you hurt that girl again. I swear I'm gonna shoot you on the spot."

My eyes blinked, trying to digest what he said. But when chief move his hands and put it on his waist, showing me the gun on his belt, I quickly understood what he meant.

"Ani!"

I chuckled nervously, as I bow.

"Of course sir, I won't do it again.", I said hastily, as I straightened my back giving him a salute.

--------

At lunch

"Oh God. I'm losing my appetite.", Lisa huffed, after seeing Jieun came inside the cafeteria of their building with Jin-goo beside her.

Seulgi and Irene immediately search the whole place, after Lisa's whined.

"Oh, I get it.", Seulgi said, flashing a sly smile to her friend. While Irene stood up from her table to approach the two.

"Wait!? Sun-"

Lisa was supposed to stop her senior, but the latter excitedly run towards the two other officers.

"Fuck, I'm done here. If she ever join our table with the guy. I hate them both." Lisa commented, looking at Seulgi who's smiling at her mischievously.

"Wae? Are you jealous huh?"

Lisa's eyes widened as she gasped with disbelief. "No!?, I'm not. What the fuck, why would I be? Ani!", she scowled at her friend. Denying what she really feels.

But Seulgi wasn't buying it, after witnessing how Lisa acted after the breakup. She always caught Lisa staring at the girl with longing eyes if she didn't see Lisa looking helpless for the past days she might believe that the latter really isn't jealous.

"You're not very convincing my friend. But fine I'll just believe whatever you say. Oh shit look at them, isn't that sweet? Aigoo~"

Seulgi covered her mouth with both hands, and acted like she saw the two being lovey-dovey. To caught Lisa's lies.

And she wasn't wrong, Lisa's head turn abruptly to where she saw Jieun with Jin-goo to check what made her gush.

"Wasn't jealous huh?"

Seulgi, chuckled. Which causes Lisa to hissed and half-liddedly stare at her. While gripping on her spoon and fork.

"That ain't funny Seulgs, I already tortured myself enough this morning seeing them a table away from me, talking like he's her partner and not me?"

Lisa started talking about her displeasure, while Seulgi kept nodding at her.

"But are you sure that they're really dating? I mean Jin-goo sunbaenim is my partner so I got to spend almost half of my working hours following him. But I never saw them exchanging love hints. And by the way, Jieun sunbaenim is your partner, and apparently, your eyes are always looking at her you should have noticed if they're showing any signs of interest to each other."

Seulgi explained about her thoughts and suspicion. This causes Lisa's eyes to squint, and her lips puckered deeply reckoning the events. She didn't think of it, she let herself be clouded with anger after seeing the man waiting for Jieun outside early in the morning just to fetch her.

Lisa heave, "But Jin-goo said. Fuck.", she curses after realizing that she could have ask Jieun first before she believe the other.

"Oh, it looks like you're whining over something you aren't sure. Come on, Lice. We both know Jin-goo sunbae likes her very much even before you came into her life. So that's something he'll probably do just to make sure you two won't be back together."

Seulgi added, and right before Lisa open her mouth to reply. Irene came back to her sit and followed and was followed by Jieun and Jin-goo. Who joined their table as well.

The small girl took the seat opposite Lisa, while Jin-goo followed her and sat beside her facing Lisa as well.

Their table started to get loud because of Irene joining them with Jin-goo who didn't stop talking after he comfortably sit beside Jieun.

The only person who's not joining their conversation is Lisa. Not because they aren't talking to them, but Lisa chooses to keep her silence.

"You're not eating, do you like me to get you another food?" Jin-goo mumbles, that caught Lisa's attention. She wasn't looking at the couple while she eats because just wanted to finish her plate. But when her head cocked up because of curiosity, that's the only time she notice Jieun hadn't touched her food yet.

"No, it's ok.", Jieun quickly stops Jin-goo from moving out of his chair. And started to eat what's on her plate, but Lisa wasn't aware that Jieun was watching her from the opposite side the whole time that she wasn't touching her food.

"Just tell me if you need something. I'll go get it for you." The guy said, which causes Lisa to snicker.

And look away from the two. The remaining time of the day passed like that. And even when they went outside, for field assignment, Lisa remained quite.

-------

Jieun Pov

She's mad at me. But I don't know how will I tell her that it wasn't true. She might think that I'm clarifying it because I'm still hoping that she'll get back with me. Yes, I am hoping, but that's something I will not tell her, because I'll look even more desperate and pathetic if I do.

And besides, she could have ask me first before she ignore me like this?

Urgh, whatever.

Now I have to focus on my job, we're at Yeokchon-dong, investigating one of the apartment buildings here, for this suspect. A murder suspect.

"This is strange," I mumbled. While scrutinizing the suspect's room.

Actually, we just sneaked in here while the suspect is far away, I know it's wrong since we still do not have a search warrant for this. But that's the thing if the suspect wasn't aware that he's been suspected of crimes he would feel relax. More reason to be vulnerable and unprepared.

"Shouldn't we be doing this?"

Lisa commented, while searching the room for evidence that could help us.

"I know what I'm doing." I retorted.

"And yet you're still doing it. You will only get in trouble if it happens that this suspect isn't the real culprit."

I stopped and put down the book I'm holding that are recently scattered on the bed. And look at Lisa with furrowed brows.

"But I'm sure that he is. The girl died from suffocation, he was strangled to death by her own boyfriend."

"But he has a valid alibi, making him the least suspected one. He was on a vacation that time her girlfriend died. We checked the flight and cctvs already. His face is there, meaning he really went outside Seoul and wasn't there on the day she died." Lisa keep insisting.

"But that's what makes it more suspicious. He wasn't there and that's the best alibi he could have. We asked all the relatives if they know someone who has hidden grudges on the poor girl but they all said the same thing, none. As in no one Lisa.", I argued. But Lisa walk closer and stopped in front of me.

"I get it, but going here without a warrant will get us both in trouble. Don't you understand that?" She muttered with a low deep voice.

I snorted. "Why? Are you afraid of being caught?"

"Don't laugh at me. I'm serious." She added now borrowing her brows on me.

"Then we'll get suspended. And lose our badges for good." I answered her sarcastically. Which causes her nose to flare, and suddenly grabbed my wrist.

"We're leaving. Do this when we have our search warrant." She said and pulled me towards the room door.

"Let go Lisa, we're not leaving yet. I'm not yet done here." I grumbled, as I wriggled my wrist to take her hand off me.

But a sudden clicking of a door echoed through the whole room, our eyes met with shock.

And we both began to panicky look for a place to hide. But the closes place we saw is the large cabinet beside us. So we didn't hesitate and went in there silently.

Heart hammering with nervousness. As we wait for the door to open. And seconds after, we heard the door creaked.

I gulped. And squeezes my eyes tightly close trying to keep my breathing calm. But it wouldn't knowing we're on the verge of losing our badge or worst getting killed.

I should have listened to her, wait, speaking of her. My eyes opened to check what's going with her only to be welcomed with those dark orbs.

She seems calm, even after showing her agitation from being here a while ago. I don't see any signs of fear from her eyes now.

But why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 4.2K 43
"You forgot? Right?" I asked, more like whispery. I am really trying my best not to ask, but it suddenly came out without me realizing it. "It's our...
120K 2.3K 27
I left for Paris Fashion Week. Me and Mino, my ex boyfriend secretly meet on the event, without telling Lisa. I'm confused. After two years of bein...
55.4K 1.8K 26
My Hologram is a Jenlisa FanFiction that I out of nowhere thought about late at night. I got the name from a Series called My Holo Love but named it...
59.2K 2K 10
It all started on a dare Jensoo ff "Hmmm. You were staring at her for like a few minutes. Ah! I know. Give her a mark on her neck." She said and smir...