Harry Potter and the Fellowsh...

By jumpingmanatee

60 years have passed since Erebor was reclaimed and the Ring of Power has been found. Lord Elrond of Rivendel... More

Chapter 1 Royal Proposal
Chapter 2 Council at Rivendell
Chapter 3 The Journey Begins
Chapter 4 Magic Rules
Chapter 5 The Mine of Moria
Chapter 7 The Anduin

Chapter 6 LothLórien

5.6K 244 66
By jumpingmanatee

They run outside, leaving Moria. The Fellowship all collapse heartbroken, the Hobbits are crying, Legolas looks forlorn, Boromir hugs an angry Gimli. Aragorn wipes his sword, Haraldur sits down next to the Merry and Pippin.

“Legolas! Get them up!”

“Give them a moment for pity's sake.” Boromir pleads

“By nightfall, these hills will be swarming with orcs! We must reach the woods of Lothlórien. Come, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, Haraldur get them up.”

Legolas reaches down and grabs Haraldur's arm, “On your feet, Dwarf.”

Haraldur yanks his arm out of Legolas' hand, “Touch me again, Elf, and you will regret it.”

Legolas quickly draws his bow and points it at Haraldur, “Move, Dwarf.”

Haraldur laughs, “You think I am afraid of your pathetic bow? I was not afraid of you as Dwarfling, what makes you think I am afraid of you now?”

“You'll be dead before you draw your sword,” Legolas says.

Haraldur grins, “And you'll be dead before you blink.”

“Enough, we cannot fight amongst ourselves. We must keep moving.” Aragorn tells Haraldur and Legolas.

“Aye, the Orcs,” Haraldur says, then points his hand at the exit of Moria, “Bombarda!”

Haraldur blows the exist up blocking it so that the Orcs cannot follow them. He never once takes his eyes off of Legolas. But he grins when the Elf swallows hard.

Haraldur sits down again next to Merry and Pippin, who look at him wide-eyed. “You are just a stubborn as Oakenshield,” Legolas says.

“I'll take that as a compliment.”

After the Hobbits had time to compose themselves, Aragorn calls for them to move out. They make their way to Lothlorien, walking quietly and carefully, looking around them.

“Stay close young Hobbits. They say there's a great sorceress that lives in these woods. An Elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell...”

Haraldur rolls his eyes, “Cousin, that is only the Lady Galadriel, she is no Elf-witch.”

“How do you know The Lady, Dwarf,” Legolas asks.

“None of your bloody business, Elf.”

“Can the two of you not fight,” Aragorn asks.

“As you wish, as long as the Elf holds his tongue,” Haraldur says.

“You should-”

“Legolas, stop,” Aragorn commands.

Legolas glares at Haraldur, who ignores him. As they continue to walk through the forest, they are ambushed by Haldir and his men. He has his bow pointed at Gimli, but his eyes shift to Haraldur, and he lowers his bow, He bows to Haraldur, “Mae govannen, Haraldur, Son of Thorin. I am Haldir of Lórien.”

Haraldur returns the bow, “Govannas vîn gwennen le, Haldir o Lórien,(Our Fellowship stands in your debt, Haldir of Lórien)”

“We have heard much of the Dwarf Wizard. By orders of the Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn, you all are welcomed to Lothlórien. Follow us.”

They all look at Haraldur, who smirks, making him look just like Thorin. The Fellowship arrives at Caras Galadhon. They ascend a winding stairway amongst the trees, towards the grand court of Galadriel and Celeborn. With a glow issuing forth from them, the Lord and Lady of Lothlórien descend to meet the Fellowship, hand in hand. Aragorn touches his head reverently in greeting as does Haraldur. Gimli looks at him oddly but shrugs and does the same thing.

“Nine that are here yet ten there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him.” Celeborn asks.

Galadriel looks at Aragorn, reading the answer in his eye, “He has fallen into shadow. The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail to the ruin of all.”

Galadriel looks at Boromir, who can't stand her gaze. He starts shaking and casts his eyes downwards.

“Yet hope and strength remain while the company is true,” Galadriel says as she looks at Sam and Haraldur and smiles. Haraldur's emerald eyes twinkle, and he smiles back.

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil. Tonight you will sleep in peace,” Lady Galadriel tells the Fellowship.

They are led back towards the ground where the Fellowship settles down for the night. All around them, they can hear the Elves lamenting for Gandalf.

Aragorn sees Boromir sitting alone at the root of a tree, “Take some rest. These borders are well protected.”

“I will find no rest here. I heard Lady Galadriel's voice inside my head. She spoke of my father and the fall of Gondor. She said to me even now, there is hope left. But I cannot see it. It is long since we had any hope.”

Haraldur walks over to Boromir and claps him on the shoulder, “There is alway hope, Lad, even if things look their bleakest, there is always a shimmer of hope. All you must do is have faith and trust that we will pull you through this.”

Boromir sighs and nods.

After talking with Boromir about Gondor for a while, the Man's nerves settle a bit, and he is able to sleep. While they sleep, Frodo talks with Lady Galadriel, offering her the ring, but she resists and tells Frodo that this task is his and his alone to complete. Frodo nods.

Haraldur is awakened when he hears Frodo come back to camp; he asks the Hobbit if he's alright, and Frodo assures Haraldur that he's fine. Haraldur watches as the little Hobbit finally goes to sleep. Haraldur decides to walk around and have a smoke. As he's walking, he comes across the mirror that Galadriel used on Frodo. Looking in it, Haraldur sees images of Erebor and his father. He sees Thorin ruling Erebor but that he is also worried about Haraldur and Gimli. Thorin would discuss at great length with Bilbo and Dwalin if it was a good idea to send Haraldur and Gimli to go alone.

“We have heard nothing of them, Dwalin, I cannot help but worry about them,” Thorin tells his best friend.

“Do not worry, Thorin, Haraldur will contact you when there is time, and he is safe.”

Thorin slowly nods. And with that, the image blurs, and Haraldur is looking at his reflection.

Haraldur is tempted to apparate back home if only to calm his father's nerves, but he knows he cannot leave his friends, even the Elf. So, another idea occurs to Haraldur. Stepping away from the basin, Haraldur calls forth his patronus.

“Expecto Patronum.”

Immediately Prongs leaps from Haraldur's hand. The stag canters around for a moment and comes to stand in front of Haraldur. He smiles at seeing the representation of his first father, “Hello Prongs,” The stag nods, “I need you to deliver a message to Adad.”

Haraldur begins to give the message to Prongs telling Thorin that Moria is lost and that Thorin III Stonehelm is dead and that Gandalf has been lost to the shadows, “We are in Lórien, Adad. For now, we are safe, but we still a long way to go. I want you to know that Gimli and I are fine. I know you will not stop worrying, but I hope this message eases your mind. Please tell my One that I am well and that as soon as this Journey is over, I will return to her promptly. All my love for you and Tilda.”

With that, Haraldur sends Prongs off to Erebor, “Your magic is quite unique, Haraldur, and you have gotten better control of it,”

Haraldur doesn't bother to turn around, “Thank you, my lady, I have trained for many years in order not to depend on my wand,” Haraldur says to Galadriel.

“Your parents would be proud of you, Harry,” Galadriel says.

“Thank you, my lady; I hope they are. But I know longer consider myself Harry Potter. I am Haraldur Durin, Son of Thorin Oakenshield.”

“Do you ever miss your old life?”

Haraldur turns to face Galadriel, “Never.”

Galadriel walks towards Haraldur, “Tell me, why is it you can resist the Ring more than the others?”

“Because I have encountered evil like that before, perhaps not as strong but no less evil. The Ring offers a person their heart's desire. There is nothing the Ring has to offer me. I have what I have always wanted.”

“Perhaps you should have been the Ring Bearer.”

“No, this is a burden is not mine to carry. It is Frodo's, and I know that he will find a way in the end. With or without our help. But if he is to make this journey alone, I will not see him go empty-handed.” Haraldur tells Galadriel.

Galadriel nods, “Sleep well, Haraldur, Son of Thorin.” She says as she turns and leaves

“Thank you, my lady.”

Harladur then returns to camp and begins to prepare a bag for Frodo with potions in it to help him on his journey. He makes the pack feather-light so as not to be a burden to Frodo.

Back in Erebor, Thorin, Balin, and Dwalin were in Thorin's study. Thorin and Balin were going over reports for the following day while Dwalin was sitting in a chair eating some cookies that Bombur had brought in. They were interrupted when a spectral light came through the wall. Dwalin instantly jumped to his feet and stood in front of Thorin with his ax drawn. But the light transformed into a stag and cantered around the room looking for Thorin.

“Dwalin, put your ax down, it is Haraldur's patronus, do you not remember?”

Dwalin lowered his ax and nodded, “Aye, now I remember, he uses it to send messages.”

“Aye, now stand aside, the stag is looking for me,” Thorin said.

Dwalin moved, and the stag came to stand in front of Thorin. Thorin smiled at seeing the stag, “Hello, Prongs.”

Prongs bowed his head, then opened his mouth. Haraldur's voice came out of Prongs' mouth, informing them of how things were going and that Moria was once again lost. He told the Dwarves of losing Gandalf as well. Thorin, Balin, and Dwalin bowed their heads in sorrow. When the message was finished, Prongs waited for Thorin to give a reply. Thorin informed his son that everything was fine in Erebor, that he would often go to Dale to check on Tilda for Haraldur. Thorin continued to tell Haraldur that Mahal had blessed Tauriel and Kili with another little girl and other news about the family.

“My son, do not worry about things back home. Concentrate on your journey. And remember if you need help, the Dwarves of Erebor will be there for you. Give our love to Gimli and the Hobbits.”

Once Thorin finished his message, Prongs left through the wall. Thorin sat down in his chair and sighed. Balin put his hand on his King's shoulder, “At least the lads are safe for now.”

“Aye, they are. Be sure to inform Gimli's family and Bilbo. We need to honor the sacrifice that Gandalf made for our boys.” Thorin said.

“And what of Moria, My King?”

“We need to inform Dain that his son is dead. And Moria will remain lost to us. We have lost too many lives trying to claim that accursed kingdom, no more.”

Balin nods and leaves Thorin's study to inform the others. Thorin runs his hand down his face, “Thank Mahal; my boy is safe.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 240 17
Aura Thranduilion As a young elf, you were different then most wood elves. Most people didn't care of it. You weren't aware of the curse you were bor...
107K 2.4K 29
It had been sixty years since I last saw my beveled. That terrible night that occurred. I thought I had lost him forever. That was until I saw him e...
34.5K 1.7K 82
highest ranking: #1 in Aralas (30.04.22) "My heart finally left me, when I proposed to Arwen with the Ring of Barahir. Finally the grief had gone and...
175K 4.1K 23
Aearel just found out that Elrond, Lord of Rivendell, is not her real father. He has kept her safe all her life from the truth behind her parents dep...