Journey towards Love

By Shwetha_V

When one craves for love, the other calls it a sham. If love is everything that Khushi wants, then love is ev... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 17

5.2K 267 15
By Shwetha_V

It was early in the morning when Khushi woke up, stretching her arms wide in the air. The sun was not up yet, she noticed while the clock showed half past four.

She slowly got up from the bed, making her way to witness one of the beautiful moments of everyday life, the sunrise!

She opened the french doors to let the cool breeze in, that tickled her. Wrapping a shawl around her, she stepped out to the pool side.

The birds chirping around, the tinge of orange in the sky, the gentle breeze, everything just made her more delighted and happy. Sometimes, the nature just touches our soul, automatically spreading merry into our body.

Arnav too woke up from his sleep due to the mild disturbance caused by Khushi opening the poolside door and he let his gaze fall on the woman, who was his wife.

Her intake of a deep breath, with her hairs freely falling at her back, he felt different sensations arising in his body. She was gorgeous, he mused! But quickly diverted his thoughts, warning them not to go in the wrong direction!

Khushi took her own sweet time in admiring the mother nature, that she herself failed to notice that her feet took her very close to the pool.

'Careful', came a loud roar from behind that made her stumble and wobbling, and she fell into the pool with a loud splash of water.

Arnav rushed immediately to her aid, lending his hands to get her back. But fortunately or unfortunately, the water that spilled on the floor deceived him, and he lost his balance and fell in the pool too.

Both were shivering due to the cold water. While Khushi was still shocked at what had happened, Arnav quickly composed himself to get them back on the floor, as they were about to freeze, had they spent few more minutes in the water.

Grabbing her by her waist, he scooped her up in his arms and gently, placed her on the floor while he himself climbed up.

'Go and get changed. You will catch a cold otherwise', he advised and there was pure concern in his tone and eyes.

But how long can a man resist a woman? Is that possible? Her quivering lips, her shivering form but anger in her eyes definitely caught his attention. On one side there was this irresistible urge to take her in his arms and comfort her, while the other screamed that his thoughts are going in the wrong direction.

'It was all because of you!' Khushi yelled at him finally, gaining her voice, albeit being almost frozen by the cold breeze.

Now that diverted Arnav's attention successfully, otherwise he was not sure what would have transpired among the two.

'What the! Remember, I just saved you!' He retorted.

'Its not saving Mr. Raizada! You literally were the reason that I fell into the pool', she accused.

'Excuse me? Probably you did not notice that you were about to take the next step into the pool yourself! Dhyaan kahan tha tera?'  (Where were you lost?)

'I would not have stepped into the pool, but your shout made me stumble!'

'Oh please! Stop blaming Khushi! Its not that you are right always!' Arnav scoffed.

'Even I do not have the mood to fight with you early in the morning and spoil my day!' Khushi spat.

'You know what? It is a waste to expect anything good from you. I saved you from that chilling temperature and you blame me instead! Great!' Arnav sighed.

'You were the one to push me into that. So it was your duty to get me out of it', Khushi pointed.

'Oh really? Duty? Then I am sure you will now regret saying these words', Arnav smirked and swiftly scooped up in his arms and threw her into the pool, but carefully.

With a winning smirk, he said, 'Now I agree that I am the one to push you into it.' He walked off into the room while he heard Khushi yelling back at him. 'I will make sure you regret this!'

'Dekh lenge!' He shouted, but smile not leaving his lips. He was not angry anymore, instead loved doing this with her. Being childish. He knew, it did not suit ASR's demeanour, still he liked doing it!

Khushi came out of the pool, shivering, when her gaze fell on her husband who was wiping his head with a towel, shirtless!

Her eyes deceived her, as they kept admiring his masculine form shamelessly. The perfectly toned abs, biceps complementing his body, was a treat to watch! Had it been any other person, she would have drooled but it was her husband on whom she had those feelings. Well, what an irony!

Quickly composing herself, she marched towards the washroom when Arnav blocked her way into it.

'Arnav! Move! I will have to change!'

'I said the same a while back Khushi. But you were hell bent on arguing! Now your time is up. I need to go to the office. So move!' He caught her shoulders and moved her aside, making his way in and locked the door.

'Arnav! Dont do this!' Khushi banged but in vain.

'You will pay for this!' She warned before leaving to the next room to get changed.

******************

The breakfast table was filled with numerous dishes made by the daughter-in-law of the house. Dadi, Aman and Dhruv were ready to get the couple closer and shared some secret looks between them, while Arnav and Khushi were busy sharing angry glares with each other.

While Arnav was enjoying riling her up inwardly, Khushi was highly pissed off by his behaviour.

'Chote, you are going to the office?' Dadi questioned, as she badly wanted him to spend some time with her.

'Yeah Dadi, there are few things that need my attention', he informed.

'Which can be done later too, or from home!' Aman chipped in.

Arnav threw a glare at Aman who remained unaffected.

'I thought you would stay home', Dadi pouted.

'Yeah Bhai, now that the project is over, why dont we take a day off?' Dhruv too asked.

'You can take leave Dhruv. But I am the boss so I am going to work', Arnav declared and the others just rolled their eyes, including Khushi.

'No one is working today. I want you at home Chote. And regarding your work, handle it from home!' Dadi declared.

'Dadi', Arnav started but was cut off.

'No more arguments. Cant you do this for me?' Dadi pleaded and Arnav had no will to argue about it. His Dadi rarely asked him anything, and this was too trivial to deny.

'Wow! Bhai is just accepting all her commands! This is new!' Dhruv commented, whispering, audible only to Aman, to which both giggled.

The trio did not miss to notice the heated looks Arnav and Khushi kept throwing at each other.

'Uh Arnav, it has been long since I saw you both home. Either Khushi was busy or you. So I did not find the right time to complete few rituals that you both need to perform!' Dadi started, herself being aware of her grandson's temper.

'Rituals?' Arnav spoke shocked that still he had to undergo some more. Khushi's state was no less. She was already feeling awkward with him and to add to that there were still some left that might embarrass her.

'But Dadi, we completed all, didn't we?' Khushi asked.

'No Khushi. There are some minute ones. I think now is the right time to complete them!' Dadi smiled.

'Now?' Khushi asked and Dadi nodded while Aman and Dhruv had a tough time controlling their laughter. It was a small part of their plan.

'Yeah now. Kyon? Nahi maanoge?' Dadi questioned authoritatively. (Why? Wont you abide by them?)

Khushi nodded yes reluctantly while Arnav was not yet convinced.

Without giving her a reply, he started eating his breakfast only to get interrupted.

'Not again!' He muttered under his breath.

'Arnav, feed Khushi with your own hands!' Dadi commanded smiling.

'What?' Both their heads snapped up at her.

'Dadi, this is ridiculous!' Arnav scoffed.

'Arre Chote! It is the age old tradition, which sadly no one follows. But I want everything perfect in my grandson's life', Dadi was no less adamant.

'Dadi, but?' Arnav was again cut off.

Gritting his teeth, he reluctantly fed her a piece of the paratha she made.

'Khushi Bhabhi, come on. Bhai itne pyaar se khila rahe hain, aapko bhi unhe khilana chahiye, nahin?' Dhruv nudged and without any choice, Khushi too fed him.   (My brother is feeding you with so much love, dont you think you must reciprocate?)

Arnav and Khushi, though started off bitterly, their eyes once locked with each other, they found it very difficult to divert their gaze towards the others.

They were so much lost that the rest of the world did not matter to them. Bizarre emotions started building up that led to a certain kind of nervousness among the two.

The trio could not stop their smiles, as their one simple task helped them to understand the chemistry that sparkled between them. It was not tough to get them close, they deciphered!

Minds clogged with the thoughts of each other, gazes fixed, Arnav and Khushi had their hearts beating into one, without paying any heed to neither the food nor the world around them. Slowly but steadily, their relationship started meaning something to them, which they denied to accept!

'Aman bhai!' Dhruv called and asked his long pending question. 'Is this love? I mean, Arnav bhai never obeys anyone, even if it is Dadi. How come he did not argue much? I thought there would be a war convincing him to do these silly things!' He joked but Aman's expressions certainly changed. He did not know what to answer this particular person who was unaware of many things happening around him.

'Kaash mein batha paatha Dhruv!' He sadly thought but faked a smile. (Wish I could tell you Dhruv!)

********************

After the eventful breakfast, Arnav and Khushi decided not to face each other, lest they knew they would be embarrassed.

While Arnav locked himself in his room, Khushi did not have the guts to enter into his den.

Meanwhile, Dhruv decided to visit his friends as he had not met any of them after his return. He took a short route scared of Delhi's traffic and to his surprise, found Lavanya fighting with a group of boys on the road. He parked his car aside to witness what the Jhansi ki rani was actually upto.

'Dare you misbehave with any girls', Lavanya was busy scolding them when he reached the spot.

A guy with a long beard, and almost six feet tall, neared close to her with threatening eyes but Lavanya did not budge at all. She stood strong, daring them to come closer.

'Its none of your business Miss. So just back off and let me finish my work', he threatened.

'Why will I? You cannot talk to a woman like that!' She snapped.

'Of course I can. She took loan from me and now is running off without paying it back', he reasoned.

'I did not run away Didi. I am just requesting for a few more days time', the girl in question cried at Lavanya.

Lavanya then looked upto the tall guy and said politely, 'She just needs time. If you have a problem, then you must approach legally, this is not the way to behave with a girl', she explained.

'You teach me what to do?' He bellowed that surely pissed her off. She had been trying to calm him down and he was nowhere ready to listen.

'There is no use talking to rogues like you', she scowled and said, 'Only the police can straighten you guys'.

She was about to dial the police when her phone was harshly snatched from her hand, and she was pushed by the guy.

She stumbled in her steps and fell on the ground, hitting herself and hurting her wrist in the process. She winced in pain, and Dhruv was next to her in a moment.

Everything happened so sudden and unexpected that Dhruv did not have the time to save her.

As soon as he saw her on the ground struggling, he burned with anger and hit the guy hard on his face.

'Didn't she tell you how to behave? Why does that not get into your head?' He shouted and then hit him twice really hard.

The other guys too fought with him, but Dhruv managed to knock them off. Lavanya was really quick to call the police and they were there in no time.

Dhruv took a glance at the wounded hand of Lavanya and gently picked her up, and got her into his car, driving to the hospital, calling up the doctors he knew to be ready to attend the patient!

So how was it? This chapter is actually left incomplete and the next one will be of revelations and some drama. Dont expect the next chapter to be light hearted as this one! It will be packed with some good emotions!

And thank you everyone for being patient. I have lot of things going on in my life, that has made me shut Wattpad for a while. Now that I am back, I shall try to be regular.

Thanks for waiting and thank you for the love!

Please do comment and vote!

The next part of this update is available on Inkitt, the link is in my bio!

Love,
Shwetha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.7K 3.5K 18
Love never needs a perfect age to infect someone! But not all are wise to embrace it when it knocks their doors! By the time they realise, it would h...
417K 17.3K 50
Arnav Singh Raizada, the same man from a different plane, another beautiful journey of love with his soulmate, khushi kumari Gupta. I am so new in to...
79.4K 2.5K 12
#1 in Short-story "Arnav, I love you so much... Please never Break my heart... Or else I won't be able to heal it again... I just can't even think...
150K 7.8K 44
Two individuals, poles apart. One is sophisticated while the other one is naive, one is ruthless while the other one is bubbly. A story about two peo...