The Other Potter

By just_someone_cool

(A Percy Jackson and Harry Potter Crossover) Percy Jackson was hiding. This time, at least, it wasn't from my... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 24

10.7K 323 209
By just_someone_cool

Chapter 24: Another Peaceful Summer In A Totally Normal Camp

It was time to return to his other life as Percy Jackson.

This time, however, he didn't feel any curiosity about what would happen in his future. He didn't want to know.

He never asked to be a half-blood, after all.

Now, specially, things were looking bad, as he couldn't even use his magic to help him out.

Thanks, Hecate. That was really considerate. Not like his magic could've helped him not to die during his quests, but whatever.

He guessed that's what can happen when your whole existence could bring the end of not one, but three different worlds (if we count the mortal one, which would obviously be affected).

Wow. His life really sucked.

After getting out of the Hogwart's train, where he just listened to his friends talking about winning the House Cup, he barely got any time to greet Moony before departing to New York.

It made him really sad that he didn't even get the summer to spend with his father figure, but duty was calling.

His brother, of course, was displeased at not being able to go with him, but Percy left the explanations (or more like the lies) about Camp to Moony.

He didn't have the heart to lie again to his brother, even if he knew it was necessary.

Being a demi-wizard wasn't easy.

Well, at least he got to see Grover in a wedding dress.

***

"Home sweet home" he said, as he watched the Camp being attacked by Bulls, after being told that Thalia's tree had been poisoned.

It was like trouble was waiting for him to arrive to make a grand appearance.

And let's not forget about the cyclop he had accidentally brought to Camp, who turned out to be his half brother.

Or Chiron being fired and replaced with a dic- sorry, I meant Tantalus.

Or the fact that Grover had been kidnapped.

Or- you know what? I know you get the drill.

So, once again, he found himself going on another quest (which he wasn't supposed to do). What a joy.

And it went as good as anything in his life, meaning that he barely survived.

Getting to know that your once friend Luke Castellan, who also tried to kill you, was working along with your worst enemy and the one you were supposed to stop or else the world would end (Otherwise known as Kronos), was not exactly how he had pictured friendship's hardships.

In the movies it normally involved fighting because of a girl or something like that. Here, it was more like fighting over the end of the world.

Why was his fate so extra? Why couldn't they be fighting over something simpler?

And on top of that, he had to watch as his half-brother Cyclop exploded, before he even got to sort out how he felt about him.

I mean, Tyson was awesome, no matter what. After all, his new little brother only treated him well, and in return he got Percy's embarrassmet of having him.

He had been acting like an arse to him, and then Tyson was engulfed in an explosion... That was one hell of a lesson: love your company and don't fret over stupid things, or else they might explode and you'll feel regret forever.

At least he got him back. Since then he promised to value and treat Tyson better.

Because sometimes we don't realise what kind of person (or monster, in this case) we have by our side until it's too late.

That's why we must all value every single moment in life... Like when he finally got to see Grover in that dress. Simply splendid.

After that it wasn't that splendid, considering Annabeth almost died. And, the worst of it all: he gained a badass cousin who wanted to kill him for breathing.

Although, with his reputation, it wasn't something new. He already had many people/monsters/dieties/spirits/etc who wanted to kill him.

Such was his peaceful life. And he was only 13.

But, at least, he had his friends and loved ones by his side (And also a new pegasus that insisted on calling him 'boss').

Maybe one day, after the wars and the world threats had passed, he could finally go to camp and spend a peaceful summer.

But, before that, he had to focus on winning and making sure that his promises were accomplished.

After all, being Percy Jackson wasn't an easy task.

***

"Percy, I'm sorry to say this, but you smell weird" Moony said, just after greeting him.

"Wow, thanks. No 'I'm glad you came back alive' or 'what happened to you', but insted you comment about my smell? What a loving godfather you are" Percy said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry, Percy. But it seems like you smell a little bit different from before" Moony answered, after a pause "Like your natural smell has something... Lacking. I don't know, it isn't the same as before. I feel more at ease now".

"Huh? What do you mean 'more at ease'?"

"Well, as you know, I'm a werewolf" After being interruped by a 'no shit, sherlock' coming from Percy (and repriminding him for his language, of course), he continued.

"And ever since meeting you, I've felt like there's something... opressing, about your smell. Plus, when it's almost time to change into the other form, I feel more inclined to attack you" He told him, as if he hadn't just said something terribly creepy.

"After you told me that you were a demigod who attracted monsters, I figured it also applied to me. But now... I don't know, I don't smell that in you. It's weird, although not actually bad, just... There's something lacking in your smell". He finished his explanation.

As weird as this was for Percy, he was used to mind blowing and extremely awkward conversations. So this wasn't something new.

However, it was still unsettling that Moony was talking about how he could smell him... And that he sometimes wanted to attack him.

Just how many times Moony had to restrain himself around Percy? How many times had he been holding back from attacking his godson?

Being around Percy must've been the hardest thing Moony had to do. After all, he'd had to fight against his instincs, against a part of himself, every time Percy was with him.

And still, Moony never tried to throw him away.

No matter his fucked up past, nor his demigod heritage, nor his troublesome persona; Moony had kept him without complaints.

At least now, his godfather could be around Percy without having to constantly control himself.

He was glad that, even if he didn't know what caused it, he could ease one of his godfather's worries that naturally came with taking care of Percy.

But how did that happen, exactly?

As Moony had said, his smell was lacking the part of him that made him attract monsters; in other words, his demigod scent.

What could've....?

Ah, right. Hecate's seal.

Well, at least it has an advantage, ignoring the fact that it makes him weaker.

He was a little bit grateful that, at least, he could somehow repay his godfather for everything in that way, even if that meant having a part of him removed.

And, well, even though he can't relax while in Camp, at least he won't have to worry that much about monsters attacking him while in England or at Hogwarts...

That's what he thought, until there was an accident with a freaking Basillisk.

But let's not get ahead of time, okay?

After all, he had just come from another peaceful summer in his totally normal camp, ready to start yet another adventure in his totally normal school.

Sigh...

Again, being Percy Potter/Jackson wasn't an easy task.

***

Hope you like it!
I didn't want to finish it after the description of the quest, so there you have a piece of info about how Lupin's instincs as a werewolf works with a demigod.

I reaaally wanted to include that somewhere, and I thought "why not?" When making this chapter. After all, the inspiration came from a cool discusion that namer1 and Yuki-Sendou had in the comments. Simply awesome.

Also, don't hate Hecate too much. I mean, she did that to prevent the two worlds from destructing each other. It's like Nico and the Roman and Greek Camps, just Percy needed to have his powers sealed because we all know that in dire times he'd have used them to save someone, condemning him and everyone around to ruin (he would be breaking a promise made with the Styx and both worlds would combine resulting in the vision that Hecate presented). So, really, she did what was best, and if Percy can go through all his quests in the original book without being a wizard, he can do that in here too.

Hope that and this chapter doesn't come as too forceful though... Whatever, my book, my rules.

Btw, for those who keep telling me to update: thanks for reminding me, but I'll probably just update the following month. I don't really have that much time to write constantly :( but I'll try.

Anyways, thanks for reading! LY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 29.8K 45
Takes place after the Deathly Hallows and the Blood of Olympus Percy Jackson thought he could finally live a normal life. He was going to fail high s...
362K 13.4K 30
[1] New Beginnings: WARNING!! Story is technically complete but I started editing literally years ago then never finished so the beginning's a little...
5.7K 355 26
Percy Jackson had survived the unsurvivable. He had faced off against Liam and the Titans and the war had been won. But the battles left their marks...
87.5K 2.9K 26
[THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN. PLEASE CHECK MY ACCOUNT FOR TGE REWRITTEN VERSION.] [No Mythology] Percy Jackson was born into a life of manipulation...