Sneak up on Me

By LovableNightmare

When London is approached by a mysterious man, she is forced to return to the life she never wanted to be a p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 *New Year's Special*
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 3

311 18 8
By LovableNightmare

3

Honestly, I am a sucker for green eyes. And trust me, this guy had them. Emerald green eyes set in the perfectly chiseled face of dreams. The kind of face girls search frantically for in the high school crowds, and cannot find. And that's only his face. My eyes travelling down his tall body, stopping in their tracks as I realize I'm checking him out shamelessly.

"Come, I will take you to my father," he says in a deep and serious voice.  

His father... What? So this is... James. Wow. The cute kid grew up to become the epitome of sexiness. Too bad we were never friends, maybe if we didn't hate each other he would pay attention to me.

I step through the door and put my bag on the floor, and turn to follow James.

"Oh my gosh! This is so cute!" Ash squeals as he goes to pick up a large Ancient Greek vase, covered in paintings of naked women weaving baskets, succeeding in gaining my attention.

"Ash!" Walking towards him with my finger outstretched, I shake it at him and lay out the rules. "Do not touch anything." The stupid grin falls of his face and he sits back in his seat, glancing down worriedly at the expensive looking chair his butt is on. James looks amused as he leans casually against the wall, watching the scene. "Do not talk to anyone, do not look at anyone, and DO NOT get out of that chair." He nods his head emphatically - I'm not reassured.

Taking me by the arm, James starts to lead me out the door, when we hear a huge crash. Spinning around, we turn to see Ash laying on the floor groaning and the chair tipped over onto its side. Opening my mouth to let out a string of insults, I am cut short by a gentle tug on my arm and a low chuckle coming from beside me. Sending one last glare in Ash's direction, we turn and walk out the door.  

He leads me through the halls, passing many valuable statues and paintings along the way. Calculating in my mind all the hours they must have spent to obtain these items, I come face-to-face with a giant door, pulled back roughly by a large strong hand gripping my arm. A second later and I would have been face-to-door. 

"You live in your own little world," he says with a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. His lips.... Look away London! Fixing my hair and trying to look as dignified as possible, I rise to the occasion.

"At least they know me there." Lifting my head up to meet his gaze, I see the corners of his mouth twitching, as if he is trying really hard not to laugh. Grrr. "I can take care of myself!" Pulling my arm out of his grasp, I brush myself off and open the door, not looking back to see the smirk that I know is on his face.

Entering an elegant looking room furnished entirely in dark wood, and red furniture (a man's room through and through), I see an old looking man sitting at his desk reading some papers. At the sound of the door slamming, he looks up, startled, and his eyes light up.

"London!" Liam greets me. Standing up and walking to me, he gives me a hug. Pulling back slightly, he holds me by the shoulders and studies my face.

"What a beautiful young lady you grew up to be! You must have all the young lads chasing after you wherever you go." He chuckles and closes his eyes, as if remembering something. Indicating somewhere behind me he adds, "Much like James over there and the ladies!" As he turns around and makes his way back over to his desk, softly shaking with laughter, I turn around and see James rolling his eyes and looking quite annoyed. In the middle of an eye roll, he eyes meet mine and twinkle softly, his mouth turning up slightly.

Trying my best to ignore him, I turn away quickly and take a seat in front of Liam's desk. "I am so glad that you contacted us! It has been so long since we last saw each other. Of course, it's understandable the you needed time to deal with things. I was so sorry to hear about your parents. They were such wonderful people. It's awful to think that that could happen to any one of us anytime. So many others too..." Shaking his head sadly, he sighs. "How have you been holding up?" Opening my mouth to respond, I am cut off suddenly.

"BARNEY WAS A DINOSAUR WHO LIKED TO PLAY WITH MATCHES, ONCE HE STUCK ONE UP HIS BUTT AND SOON HE TURNED TO ASHES!!!" The sound of Ash's voice is followed by several crashes and bangs. James's head flies up and Liam just sighs.

"James, would you please go and take care of London's..." He pauses, seemingly at a loss for words. 

"Acquaintance." I supply.

"Quite."

As James closes the door behind him, Ash strikes up another tune.

"BARNEY IS A DINOSAUR FROM MY IMAGINATION, WHEN HE FALLS I KICK HIS BALLS AND CALL IT EDUCATION!!!" The sound of running footsteps and a large fall comes soon after.

"Shit! The bastard!"

I can only assume that James managed to intercept Ash the walking disaster before he set their house... mansion on fire.

Smiling apologetically, I choose to ignore the shocked look on Liam's face. "So," I begin. "I was offered a job by someone called Aro Bristow the other day." Leaning back in his chair, he props his elbows up on the table and touches the tips of his fingers together thoughtfully. "Well, that's a fake name if ever I heard one. He was probably sent by whomever he is working for so you don't find out their real names." Opening his eyes with a sudden interest, he asks, "What did he want you to do?" Leaning forward conspiratorially, I take a deep breath and prepare to recite the story once again.

As I relay the conversation between Bow and Arrow and me, Liam nods thoughtfully and asks questions in the appropriate places. Right before I tell him what I have to do, I pause, hoping for the best.

"I have to steal the Crown Jewels of England."

Shocked into silence, Liam's mouth opens and closes like a fish. If this situation wasn't so serious, I might laugh.

"You know, London," he says seriously, "whoever wants you to do this job either is planning something sinister, or just trying to get money for ransom. I'm not sure if this is a good idea..." He trails off and stared thoughtfully at the opposite wall.

Taking a deep breath, I rush on. "The thing is, I kind of need your help. I really need this money, this job might turn out to be dangerous, and I will probably need someone to watch my back. You knew my parents and you trusted each other. I really need someone to trust right now - because you can see that my only friend can't even be trusted to sit still for 5 minutes - and I was really hoping that you could be that person. "  

Halfway into my speech... rant, Liam had opened his eyes and is now looking at me thoughtfully. Waiting for him to say something, I sit there while all he does is stare at me. Fine. I'll figure out a way to do it on my own. Maybe there's a spy crash course Ash could take? Nope... that would give a whole new meaning to crash course.

"I am sorry if I wasted your time, have a good day. I'm sorry about your wife." Getting up from my seat, I start to walk to the door, when I am stopped by Liam's calm voice floating towards me from where he is sitting.

"Come sit down child. I will never abandon you."

Normally, I would punch whoever called me a child, but I guess I can make an exception for an old family friend. Slowly making my way back to the chair, I sit on the edge of the seat, with my hands clasped tightly in my lap under the table.

"London, I would love to help you with your mission, of course, we'll need to take proper precautions. We can get started tomorrow," he says, smiling gently.

"Oh my god thank you so much!" I gush while letting out the breath I was holding. "I can't wait to work with you!"

Just then, James walks in, coming over to stand near the desk.

"No, no, London, you misunderstand." Liam says with a smile. "I am much to old and slow to be on a mission as important as this. You are going to be working with James!"

James and I freeze.

"What?" We both scream. 

Oh no.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

If anyone has any advice PLEASE help me out!!!

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!!!

Vomment?

p.s. Does anyone else hate cheerleaders?

xoxoxoxoxo,

LovableNightmare

SONG OF THE DAY: Desperate Measures by Marianas Trench

P.S. JAMES IS PLAYED BY IAN SOMERHALDER- Pic is on the side :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 146 18
Charlotte King. A bubbly, smart, fun teenage girl to be around. Until her mother died. She becomes nearly mute and almost a loser. Her dad gets an of...
2.6K 89 18
She's a spy and he's a jerk, but also a spy. Dawn was doing fine trying to find a guy by the name of Marcus who's also Brent. Okay, maybe she was ha...
6.1M 184K 43
MUST READ: This book has been written till chapter 42, then the chapter after is an explanation of what I was planning for the ending as I don't have...
968 199 43
**This draft is going to be left incomplete for the time being** An American spy must fly to Paris to infiltrate the world's most infamous assassin l...