k-12: the shadows

By zerocantwrite

identical twins isabel and alexis are sent away to k-12: the sleepaway school shrouded in mystery. during t... More

༺ class fight ༻
༺ the principal ༻
༺ show and tell ༻
༺ nurse's office ༻
༺ drama club ༻
༺ strawberry shortcake ༻
༺ lunchbox friends ༻
༺ orange juice ༻
༺ detention ༻
༺ teacher's pet ༻
༺ high school sweethearts ༻
༺ recess pt. 1 ༻
༺ recess pt. 2 ༻
༺ recess pt. 3 ༻

༺ wheels on the bus ༻

1.7K 46 45
By zerocantwrite

alexis

alexis felt a shiver run up her spine as she stepped onto the bus, isabel right in front of her.

the twins looked up at the driver. he stared back down at her, his lip curling.

"what, you gonna stand there all day? get in!" he barked.

alexis jumped violently and hurried over behind isabel to the nearest seats; they happened to be in front of a girl with bicoloured hair and another with dark hair.

isabel sat down in the window seat, leaving alexis to take the aisle. then the bus started again, and they juddered off down the lane.

isabel and alexis were quiet for a few moments, as they took in the noise all around them. all the kids at the back of the bus were yelling and shouting, throwing things around.

alexis shivered, and slumped down further into her seat.
"i'm scared," she admitted quietly to her sister.

"me too," replied isabel honestly. "but who knows, maybe we'll meet some nice people. and if we don't, we'll always have each other. okay?"

"okay," replied alexis, feeling a little reassured.

both sat and stared out the window for a while;
alexis counted trees, while she could hear isabel counting cars under her breath.

the journey passed in an uncomfortable boredom,

until something happened.

alexis felt something hit her head, and spun around.

a piece of paper had bounced off the back of her head and landed in the lap of the girl behind her; the girl with bicoloured hair.

alexis didn't turn back around but continued watching as the other girl behind them, sat next to the bicoloured hair girl, grabbed the ball of paper from the first girl's lap and unfurled it.

"real mature," the second girl called to the kids at the back of the bus, who had presumably had thrown it.

gap toothed bitch, alexis glimpsed before the note was scrunched up again in the hands of its receiver.

she felt isabel's hand land on her shoulder as she continued to stare at the bicoloured hair girl. alexis hadn't even noticed the gap between her teeth but sure enough, it was there.

in no way did it look bad, though.

alexis continued to stare down at the crumpled note in the girl's lap.

the girl began to cry, burying her face in her hands...

and then alexis felt it.

an-

aura?

or something,
drawing her to this girl sat behind her.

a connection,

the likes of which she had only ever felt with her twin before.

the other girl appeared to feel it too; she pulled her hands away from her face and looked up for her gaze to meet alexis's. her lips were parted slightly as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

alexis stared back for a moment,

almost defiantly,

until something came over her.

she reached out and flicked a finger;

the note sailed across the bus,

landing on the lap of the girl who threw it, and igniting.

a small, satisfied smile spread across alexis's face as she watched the girl shriek and flap around. the fire was not stopped, but in fact grew, consuming the ends of the girl's dress.

the bus driver looked away from the road, to the back of the bus in shock;

the bus screeched and swerved on the road,

until it wasn't in the road anymore

but splashing into the roadside water.

the kids in the back of the bus shrieked and screamed, slamming their bodies against the windows as the bus sank slowly down into the depths of the lake.

"ally- alexis!"

alexis felt something smacking her arm, and spun around to see isabel staring at her in shock.

"what the fuck was that?" isabel hissed, gesturing towards the girl with the singed dress who was now stamping firmly on the burning paper.

alexis blinked, and looked down at her hands, frowning. "i- i don't know." she looked back up at her sister again, who flinched away and hit the window with the back of her head in shock.

"your eyes- they're black," she said quietly.

alexis looked away in frustration, her gaze meeting the eyes of the bicoloured hair girl behind her. her jaw dropped a little in shock when she saw a pair of matching black eyes blinking steadily back at her.

the bicoloured hair girl's friend, with the long dark hair, leaned over; now complete with eyes to match theirs.

"hey- you're like us. help us get this thing outta here," she said smoothly, holding out a hand to alexis.

alexis blinked. "w- what?"

"you're like us," the girl repeated patiently. "you did that thing with the note. help us get this bus out of the water."

"what? how?"

finally, the girl with the bicoloured hair spoke up.
"just think of the bus rising out of the water," she said quietly. "up, up into the sky. come on."

the dark haired girl held out her hand further still to alexis, who hesitated before taking it.

she closed her eyes, and did as she'd been told- pictured the bus rising up,
up,

up.

a jolt ran through her body,

and suddenly she was plunging upwards-

no, the whole bus-

and then they were in the sky;

the students in the back gasping in awe as the little pink bus rattled amongst the pale blue sky and clouds.

"it's so pretty up here," alexis murmured.

the bicoloured hair girl hummed in agreement. there was a few more moments of blissful silence between the three girls, until the same girl spoke again, reluctantly;
"you think we should land this thing?"

"i'd rather stay up here," replied the dark haired girl honestly. alexis nodded in agreement, but all the same, the girls allowed the bus to slowly drift back to the ground.

the bus landed with a gentle crunch of gravel on the drive;

the drive of the school in which they were going to spend the next years of their life,

k-12.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 58.3K 55
"Why are you mad at me?" I asked nervously, looking down. I didn't know it would make her mad that I had someone over to comfort me, i didn't want to...
950K 40.2K 43
On the eve of a person's 21st birthday, they have a Dream. In their Dream, they see their Soulmate. Cammie, who has been with her boyfriend for the...
21.3K 770 13
You just can't until you're out of k-through-12, they've made everyday there basically living hell on earth; but one particular girl catches your eye...
164K 4.1K 53
Lydia Amora, a popular girl at school getting the attention of everyone. She's smart, she knows what she is doing and people get jealous. They get je...