Mysterious Kunoichi (Part 1 o...

By lhatake87

*****book one of Kunoichi series***** Reader X Various Characters (Naruto Verse) I have no memories before... More

Age: 4
Age: 6
Age: 10
Age: 16
Training
Zabuza Momochi
Alone
Defining Moments
Home
Settling In
Mistakes
Weak
A Name
Reiko
Revelations
Love?
The Idiot
Travels
Suna
The Banquet
The Truth
Hurt
Phoenix
ANBU
Broken Pieces
Birthday Wishes
Waking Up
Recovery
Reset
Asuma's Admissions
Iruka's Arms
No Strings
Later
Mine
Relationship
Trying
Time
Wounds
The Cave
Reality
Acceptance
Lies
Danzo
Chīsai Tori
Despair
Too Late
Trust
Confession
Protect
Love
Together
Living
Alpha and Queen
One
Happy
Mate
Secrets
Kaminari Hime (Lightning Princess)
Missing Nin

Age: 13

5K 278 100
By lhatake87

"Kakashi-sensei!" The beautiful teenage girl jogged after the now twenty-year-old. Her hair was again in a braid, allowing her to train as her Hokage directed her.

"Don't call me that, Y/n." His voice was monotone, but she could sense he was annoyed with her.

Y/n fell into step with him as he walked through the village, "Will you please spar with me?"

"No," he snapped at her.

Y/n pouted, "But-" The girl was caught somewhere between a kid and an adult. The life of a Shinobi not yet truly influencing her.

Kakashi cut her off with a growl, "I said no."

Kakashi has become cold. He would hardly speak to Y/n. He didn't want to train the teenager. He worked, ANBU captain now. He always brushed Y/n aside as if she didn't matter. Being a moody, puberty-ridden teenager, Y/n broke. She let her emotions rule and said what she was thinking for once.

"You're not the only one that was left alone." It was hushed, but she knew Kakashi had heard her.

He stopped dead in his tracks.

"What?" He snarled as he turned to face the girl beside him.

"Minato-"

Y/n was suddenly pinned to one of the trees surrounding the path they were on. She grits her teeth at the pain that seared from his bruising shove against the bark of the tree. Her wrists were held tightly in his much larger hands.

"Don't," he grit out. His jaw was clenched tightly as his single onyx eye narrowed.

"You don't think I feel abandoned?" Tears brimmed as she voiced her thoughts again. Y/n had become much like Kakashi is not showing genuine emotions. The girl still showed happiness- but it was all a facade.

The grip on her wrists tightened to the point of bruising. "You have no right," his voice was dangerously low.

"What?" Her voice cracked.

"You think you're so special. You think your two years with him were special." She could never prepare her heart for what came necktie, "You're not." His grip only grew tighter, "I'm alone. And that's how I like it."

Kakashi pushed off of Y/n as she remained pressed to the tree. Tears fell freely, burning and blurring her vision. She scanned his eye and what she could see of his face. She tried finding something, anything. Emotionlessly, he stared back at her. That single eye was dark and empty.

She wanted to reason with him, somehow, "Kakashi, I-"

"Just leave me alone, Y/n!" He finally had enough of her. But Y/n had enough of him too.

*smack*

The sound of her tiny hand striking his clothed cheek rang throughout the air. She took off running, tears trailing behind her. Kakashi watched for a moment, hoping the young woman would leave him be. Deep down, they both longed to be close to someone, anyone. Neither knew what the future held, but they were all the other knew.

*** Time Skip ***

"It's a late birthday present." Asuma offered Y/n a box.

"Really?!" Y/n squealed happily.

Y/n accepted the box and turned to place it on her desk. She ripped the present open and gasped in awe at the sight before her. Her fingers ghosted over the shiny metal. She listened to Asuma as she traced the feathers.

"They're made from the same material as my blades. Now, you can pump your chakra into them. They'll be even more lethal." Asuma wasn't one to deny that Y/n had great potential. He didn't want to see her become a cold-hearted Kunoichi, but he could only do so much.

In the box lay a set of arrows. A set is probably wrong: 50. Asuma had 50 arrows made for Y/n. They seemed light but sturdy. She lifted a single arrow and twirled it in between her fingers. This was something she never thought would happen. The bow was one thing, simple target practice. But for Asuma to gift her arrows- could she really be a Kunoichi?

Setting the arrow down, Y/n turned and threw her arms around his waist. "Thank you, Asuma!" It felt strange calling him that, no honorific, but he insisted. She hugged him tightly. Asuma's deep laugh echoed in the room as he hugged her back. Y/n stepped back and peered up at the much taller male. He had grown so much since Y/n began living with the Sarutobi family.

Asuma smiled wide, "The blacksmith will be able to make more and keep some on hand. Once you start going on missions, you'll need an ample supply."

Y/n loved and hated her training. It was still all in secret. Even most of why was kept from Y/n. She was being overseen; she knew that. And she was being trained for solo missions. She had no idea what her future held.

"You're the best!" She beamed brightly. Y/n could see that Asuma was holding something back, "Is something wrong?" She was afraid to ask.

"I'm leaving." He blurted.

"What?" She blinked up at him.

Y/n felt sound disappear for a moment. She felt numb. She felt dead inside. Alone. Again. Asuma was talking, but Y/n didn't listen to a word that left his mouth. She could only hear that he was 

going. Kakashi had pushed her away. Asuma was leaving. Who did she have?

"How long?" She whispered.

Asuma blinked, "What?"

"How long will you be gone?" She lifted her head to look him in the eye. No matter how hard she willed them, the tears never came.

"I'm not sure," Asuma admitted.

Dropping her gaze again, Y/n said, "I see."

They were silent for a moment before Y/n moved closer to Asuma. Pushing to her toes, she pressed a kiss to Asuma's cheek. Falling back on her feet, Y/n tried to smile as she said, "Be safe, Asuma." He could see right through the lie.

"Don't worry, kid," He gave her a lopsided smile of his own, "I'll come home."

Asuma ruffled her hair, extracting a groan from the girl. Instead of pulling away, Asuma moved to pull her into another embrace. She was precious to Asuma. He hated to leave, but it was what he needed to do.

After Asuma left her room, she turned to the box once again. Y/n picked up an arrow and examined it. She nicked her palm by accident and hissed at the feeling. Then, as she watched the vermillion begin to surface, a realization struck: she liked the pain.

*** Time Skip ***

With Asuma gone and Kakashi not speaking to Y/n, she kept herself busy with training. Gai caved quickly when Y/n begged for training. Shisui was an easy target too. Y/n immersed herself into channeling her chakra into the arrows Asuma had given her. It took time, but she was able to master it.

She had begged Hiruzen to allow her into the academy her entire life she lived with him. He refused time and time again. Next, she asked if she could enter the Chunin exams. He also refused. Though, he offered a particular test in place of her competing in the event. It was a decision that Hiruzen would regret for some time. His promise to Minato was broken.

Y/n was observed by Ibiki, the Elders, and Hiruzen. She was promoted to Chunin and immediately drafted into the ANBU. She wasn't placed on a team. Again, the life of solitude. Alone. The ANBU had plans for the young woman.

She began her stealth and assassination training. Over the next three years, Y/n became one of Konoha's deadliest weapons. The politics of the Shinobi world became apparent. Y/n was still kept in the dark about why she was the one being used and why she was one of the biggest secrets held within the village. The Elders and Hiruzen knew she was a great asset.

Danzo had tried to pull Y/n into the Root. Hiruzen was able to keep the evil at bay and kept Y/n in the ANBU. She had great potential, even more so than what she's already proved to everyone.

The next three years defined who Y/n would become: The Lightening Archer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53K 1.3K 28
!Yandere Madara x Reader _________ You belong to me and only ME _________ (Y/N)'s life Was pretty ok. In High school it was fun. In college it was st...
263K 10K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
142K 5K 139
BOOK TWO | 100 Chapters | Over half a year has passed since the events of the first book. Now entering adulthood, Naruto Uzumaki is determined as eve...
60.1K 1.4K 32
FEM! OP! READER X NARUTO BOYS A story about Y/n Senju being Tsunade and Jiraiya's child - will she make all the boys at the academy swoon over her? T...