Mad World // Stiles Stilinksi...

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Lucy Becenti, daughter of the Greek god of death, is sent to Beacon Hills to investigate all the strange acti... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47
48
Sequel

43

660 12 1
By TheQuietHufflepuff

They made their way outside the front of the hospital and Lucy saw a sparking power line in front of Kira's face. The line suddenly gained a mind of its own. It went after her and she walked backwards. An ambulance appeared, speeding around the corner, and right into the electric line. The driver started losing control and ran into a fire hydrant. Water started spouting from it. Allison and Isaac showed up and she went to help the driver and Isaac pushed her away. Lucy briefly saw his life flash before her eyes and cried, "Isaac!"

He turned to her as the electricity and water combined, and he started convulsing.

Kira somersaulted over a car and grabbed the wire before it could hurt anyone else. She covered the sparking end with her free hand and her eyes started glowing an amber color. Her mom appeared and Lucy ran over to Isaac. "Come on, Isaac. Breathe. You gotta breathe!"

Lucy started CPR and someone took him in on a gurney a short while later. While standing away from everyone, she heard Deputy Parrish mention that Stiles' Jeep was seen leaving the hospital.

Derek and Scott walked up to Lucy. "You have to tell Stilinski. You have to tell him what's really wrong with Stiles. Lucy, he might listen to you."

Scott and Lucy met up with the sheriff and Scott asked, "Any news?"

The sheriff shook his head. "They're still looking for him. It's past the 48-hour mark, but I guess if anyone's going to be missing for two days and turn up just fine, it's Stiles."

"And Isaac?" Lucy asked, crossing her arms.

Sheriff glanced to her. "Maybe we should go by the hospital before the school."

"Sheriff?" Deputy Parrish called.

"Yeah."

"He just needs your signature. It's just printer cartridges and stuff."

Lucy said to the group, "I'm going to the hospital to help Allison. If you guys find something, let me know."

As soon as Lucy arrived, she asked Allison, "How long have you been here?"

Allison met her eyes with a tired smile. "I've been here all night. They won't let me see him because I'm not family. I told them he doesn't have any."

Melissa joined them and smiled. "He's got us. And I've got a key card. Be quick."

They walked into Isaac's room and Allison glanced at Lucy worriedly. "I thought he'd be healing by now."

Scott frowned. "So did I."

"Is he in pain?"

Scott took Isaac's hand and gave them a nod. Black veins crawled up his and he let out a gasp. "It won't heal him, but it helps with the pain."

Allison's voice took on an angry tone. "Did Stiles really do this?"

Lucy frowned. "No. Stiles couldn't hurt a fly if he tried, but the thing inside of him definitely could."

Allison nodded. "Well, then, how do we get whatever's inside of him the hell out of him?"

Scott and Lucy shared a look and he said, "We're working on it."

Something caught the attention of the werewolves and Ethan asked, "Did you guys hear that?"

"It's an emitter," Scott realized. "One of Argent's."

"It's coming from the basement."

They made our way down to the basement and as Lucy was readying to draw her sword, a figure appeared. It took her a moment to recognize that it was Stiles. He held up his hands and she saw the emitter in his right hand. "Okay, I know what you guys are thinking, but it's me. I swear to God, it's me."

The twins let out a growl and ran towards Stiles. Scott glared at the two of them. "Wait, stop! I said stop!"

They stayed where they were, but continued growling. Stiles was remaining uncharacteristically calm. "It's me, Lu. I swear it's me. I don't know where I've been the last two days or what I've been doing, but this is me. I promise."

Lucy glared at him. "Then tell me what happened at the hospital."

He zoned in on her. "I know more than that. You see this? It's a blueprint of the hospital's electrical wing. You see all these markings in red? That's my handwriting. I know I did this. I caused the accident. And everything in this bag, it's all the stuff that could be part of something bigger."

Scott studied the blueprints. "What the hell have you been up to?"

Stiles looked up at them and Lucy saw worry in his eyes. "I think something worse. A lot worse."

Aiden looked at the markings. "What the hell were you doing? Building a Terminator?"

Stiles narrowed his eyes. "Thank you for that."

Lucy tapped her fingers on the table. "Whenever you're done arguing, you'll realize this is a map. Looks like the cross county trail."

Scott pointed to a spot on the map. "That's the Tate car. Where Malia Tate's family died."

Aiden frowned. "You mean that's where her father put the steel-jawed traps."

When school ended the next day, Lydia dragged Lucy to see Peter, despite her protests. Allison joined them.

They met up with Peter and Allison turned to Lydia. "While it's smart to bring us with you, I still think the rest of this is totally insane."

Lyda turned to them. "I tried to find Stiles and I led everyone to a mental institution. I call that a colossal failure."

Allison coughed. "Ahem."

Lydia frowned at her. "Look, I just need to figure this out and he's the only one offering help."

Lucy narrowed her eyes at the werewolf. "Peter doesn't offer help. He manipulates others to get what he wants."

Lydia pursed her lips. "Fine. Let's see what he wants."

The door opened and Peter was standing at the window. "The hunter, the Banshee, and the demigod. Ladies, come in." He frowned at Allison. "She goes."

"The last time I was alone with you... uh, Lu was with me, we almost bled out on a lacrosse field. Both of them stay."

Peter dramatically rolled his eyes. "Do you actually think I was trying to kill you when I bit you? You were my backup plan, remember? Not to mention, the bite is why brought out your nascent abilities. You think power like that was going to come out on its own?" He clicked his tongue. "I'm the spark that lit your fire, sweetheart."

Lucy glared at Peter. "Yeah, no. You attacked her and nearly killed her. You could've killed me as well."

"Power doesn't come without a little pain and struggle. I think that's something you know all too well, Miss Becenti."

Lydia shook her head. "I didn't ask for it."

Peter smirked. "But you're embracing it now, aren't you?"

Allison's eyes narrowed. "How about the fact that you brainwashed her and used her to bring yourself back to life?"

"So that I could be here today to help you master your abilities. Isn't it amazing how things come full circle?"

Lucy grabbed her friends wrists. "I refuse to listen to this insanity. We're leaving."

They made their way towards the door and were stopped by Peter's voice. "You want the truth, Lydia? It's not the scream that gives you power. All the scream does is help drown out the noise, allowing you to hear what you really need to. I can help you focus your hearing."

"But you want something in return," Lydia said.

"No, I'm dedicating my life to helping out narcissistic teenage girls. Of course I want something in return."

Peter tossed claws on the table and Lydia stared at them. "These are the claws of Derek's mother?"

He nodded. "My sister, Talia. Before she died, she stole a memory from me. It's something only a very powerful alpha can do. The memory is locked inside those claws."

Lucy crossed her arms. "And that memory is what exactly?"

Peter turned to her and glared. "Well, if I remembered the memory, I might be able to tell you."

Lydia pulled Lucy back from Peter and let out a sigh. "So what am I supposed to do?"

"Focus," Peter told her.

"I am focusing!"

"You're not! I can see the wheels spinning behind your eyes. Your hearing is attuned to a level of the universe no one else can hear. But only if you're listening."

"I'm trying," Lydia said angrily.

"Try harder!"

Allison raised an electric wand and turned it on as she held it close to Peter's neck. "Your aunt had one of those. Aunty Kate."

"Stop it. Both of you."

"Didn't do her much good as I ripped her throat out, did I?"

"She didn't shove it up you--" Allison started.

Lucy frowned at her. "Allison, put it down. Peter, if you know what's best, back up."

He glared at her and Lydia yelled, "Stop it!" She threw the claws into a well and tilted her head to the side.

Peter whipped around to face her as she slowly walked towards the claws. "Lydia? Lydia, did you hear something? What is it? What are they saying? Is it the memory? What did Talia take from me? Tell me what she knew!"

Lydia stared at him. "You're not just an uncle."

Peter kept demanding to know what Lydia found out and she repeated, "I said I don't know. I don't know its name, if it's a boy or a girl or if it's some mutated wolf baby."

He narrowed his eyes at her. "You're lying. Tell me what you know. Tell me. Tell..." He stepped too close to Lydia and Allison turned on the electric wand. She used it on Peter and he grunted in pain.

She turned to her friends and said in satisfaction, "Now we're leaving."

"Lydia!" Peter cried.

Per Lucy's request, Lydia dropped her off at the clinic.

Lucy saw Scott, Stiles, and Kira outside. The Oni appeared as Stiles tried to unlock the door. "Stiles! Hurry up!"

He unlocked the door and stepped inside. Lucy turned to Kira and Scott. He was stabbed in the stomach and the sword remained in his abdomen. Scott turned to his friend. "Lu, get her inside. Please. Lu, Kira, get inside. Kira!"

Lucy motioned for Kira to help her grab Scott and Stiles called to them. "Alright, come on. Get him inside! Get him inside!"

Scott let out a groan of pain and began gasping for air. "You okay?" Kira wonders.

He shook his head and said, "Please don't. Stop. It's okay."

Stiles grabbed Kira's arm and slammed her on the table, causing her to fall unconscious. He twisted the sword in Scott's stomach and Scott groaned. "Does it hurt? Hey, look at me. You should have done your reading, Scott. See, a Nogitsune feeds off chaos, strife, and pain. This morning, you took it from Isaac, then you took it from Coach. And then from a dying deputy. All that pain. You took it all. Now, give it to me."

He grabbed Scott's arm and black veins started crawling up. Scott started panting and Stiles smirked. "You really have to learn, Scott. You really have to learn not to trust a fox."

He turned to Lucy. "And you. The demigod. A daughter of the Big Three. I'm curious to know how well you'll do without your sword."

He grabbed her sword from her pocket and tossed it to the side. Lucy glared at him and he knocked her to the ground. She hit her head on the wall and winced in pain. Lucy glared at him. "Well, you're not very nice."

Void smirked at her. "Well, I certainly almost had you fooled. As I told Scott, you can't trust a fox."

"Keyword. Almost."

He pushed her back as he said, "Know why? Cause they're tricksters. They'll fool you. They'll fool everyone."

Lucy darted off into the shadows and Deaton showed up. "Not everyone." He jabbed a syringe into Stiles' neck, causing him to collapse.

Deaton turned in Lucy's general direction and said, "It's safe to come out, Lucy."

Lucy reappeared and walked over to Scott and pulled the sword from his chest. She could have been more gentle, but she was angry.

Scott shot her a glare and asked, "What was that? Was that a cure? Is he okay?"

Deaton looked to Scott. "The fox is poisoned. But it's not dead. Not yet."

Scott walked over to Lucy. "Did you have to pull that sword of so harshly?"

"Yes, I did. Sorry. I was, still am, mad," Lucy replied.

"We'll get him back. I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.2K 980 45
Stiles Stilinski, Scott McCall, and Scott's twin sister, Elizabeth McCall... the Golden Trio of Beacon Hills. All was well in the little town, until...
64.7K 1.1K 50
Tessa Moore is a demigod; cousin to Scott McCall. She's the daughter of Athena. The curly blonde, gray-eyed girl long ago caught the eye of the dorky...
351K 10K 29
𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗 Sarah Stilinski is only a few years older than...
201K 3.6K 102
Nicolette Hamilton, the seemingly reckless orphan Melissa McCall took in, daughter of Poseidon, returns to her hometown of Beacon Hills, California a...