Mad World // Stiles Stilinksi...

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Lucy Becenti, daughter of the Greek god of death, is sent to Beacon Hills to investigate all the strange acti... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Sequel

15

1.8K 36 2
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Lucy stared down the rock wall and watched Allison and Scott climb up. They started flirting, and she rolled her eyes. As she stared at the rock wall, she suddenly started feeling homesick for camp. Lava rock wall included.

Scott moved closer to Allison, and she kicked him further down the wall. Coach smirked. "McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy. Right? Alright, next two. Stilinski, and um, Becenti. Your turn."

Lucy smirked at Stiles. "Prepare to be beat."

Stiles returned her smirk. "By all means. I'll admire the view."

She grimaced at his comment and started climbing the wall. He climbed up quite a bit slower, and she didn't even have to think about what he was doing.

As soon as Lucy reached the top, she looked down at Stiles. "Tell me. How does it feel knowing you were beat by a girl?"

"A small girl. And it's worth it for someone as pretty as you."

"Close your mouth. Look at you, not stuttering."

Coach shot them a look. "Enough. Next two. Erica and Mike."

Erica started climbing the wall and muttered, "Oh, please--"

Coach looked up at her. "Erica. Dizzy? Is it vertigo?"

Lydia frowned at him. "Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out."

"Erica," Coach called again.

"I'm fine," Erica mumbled.

Allison was quiet a moment before she said, "Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she epileptic."

Coach threw his hands in the air. "Why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff? I have to get--Erica--y--you're fine. Just--Just kick off from the wall. Th--There's a mat to catch you. Come on. See, you're fine. You're on the ground. You're alright. Let's go. Shake it off. You're fine."

Lucy made her way over to Erica and started running a hand through her hair. "Hey, you're okay, now."

She nodded and said, "Why are you being nice to me? No one's ever nice to me."

"I'm not that nice. Trust me."

"You're talking to me when no one else is."

"You nearly toppled off the mat. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Well, I appreciate it. I'll be okay."

Suddenly, Erica fell to the ground and started seizing. Scott, Allison, and Stiles ran out while Lucy placed Erica on her side.

Allison looked at her. "How'd you know?"

"Uh, Will. He's the camp medic. I was also here."

Scott met her eyes. "I felt it."

Paramedics came and took her to the hospital while Lucy walked with Scott and Stiles to lunch. Scott and Allison sat at the normal table the group always sat at. Stiles dragged Lucy along so he could talk to a kid named Boyd.

Stiles sat down and asked, "Boyd. You got the keys?"

Boyd frowned at him. "This isn't a favor. It's a transaction."

"Right, yeah. Absolutely."

He gave Boyd a twenty, causing Boyd to say, "I said fifty."

"Really, I--I remember twenty. I don't know. I have a really good verbal memory. And I remember twenty. I remember that distinct "twa" sound, "twa-enty."

"I said fifty. With the "fa" sound. Hear the difference?"

"Uh--"

Stiles was cut off. "If you can't, I can demonstrate some other words with the "fa" sound."

Stiles' widened his eyes. "Uh, no, n--no. I think I'm recalling it. Now. Maybe I just got it confused with--forty." Boyd aggressively ate a chip. "Come on, man, have you seen the piece of crap Jeep that I drive?"

"You seen the piece of crap bus that I take?"

Lucy smirked at Stiles. "He gotcha there!"

Stiles narrowed his eyes at her before turning back to Boyd. "Fifty. Mmm. Okay." He handed Boyd the rest of the cash and was handed a set of keys. "Thank you." He made his way back over to Scott. "Got 'em. Pick you up right after work tonight and we'll meet you at the rink, okay?"

Scott nodded while Lucy frowned. "The rink?"

Scott tried to answer, but was stopped by Stiles. "It's a surprise, Lu."

Lydia's voice caught their attention. "What--The holy hell--is that?"

They noticed a girl with blonde curls, a short skirt, a white tank top, and a black leather jacket. Scott realized something. "It's Erica."

Erica picked up an apple from some random kid and are it before leaving the cafeteria.

Lucy frowned. "Well, that's not very nice. Stealing apples is rude."

Stiles laughed and nodded. "I agree."

That evening, Allison drove Lucy and Lydia to the ice rink. Lucy wasn't sure if she'd done it before. She didn't think she had, so she was having a major freak out.

Lucy shook her head, standing outside the rink. "Alli, I can't do this. I can't do this. Oh, gods!"

She placed her hands on Lucy's shoulders and Lucy push her off, but she placed them right back on. "Lu, hey. It's gonna be okay. Stiles will help you. Just tell him you don't know how to skate, and he'll help you, okay?"

Lucy nodded, and they walked inside the rink. Lydia had put Lucy in a cobalt blue shirt, much to her protests. Lucy insisted on wearing black pants.

She pouted a little on the side, feeling the chill of the rink. Stiles noticed and pulled out an orange sweatshirt. "Here."

Lydia looked over at Stiles. "She's wearing blue. Orange and blue, not a good combination."

Stiles frowned. "But it's the colors of the Mets. Okay, um, maybe orange and blue is not the best."

Lucy snatched the jacket from his hands. "Thanks. I'm willing to support the Mets. Better them than the Yankees."

Stiles cheered. "Yes! You know, um, sometimes there's other things you wouldn't think would be a good combination end up turning out to be, like, a perfect combination, you know, like two people--who nobody ever thought would be together ever."

She looked out at Scott and Allison. "They're pretty cute."

Stiles followed her eyes out to the rink. "Oh, yeah, them."

"They're cute."

"Cute. Adorable."

Lydia finished lacing her skates and turned to them. "Well? Are you two coming? Lu, why don't you have your skates on?"

Lucy glanced to Stiles in a panic and he frowned. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to skate!"

As Stiles tied her skates, he gave her a soft smile. "It's okay, Lu. I'll help you, okay?"

He led Lucy out onto the ice, and she instantly grabbed the wall. Stiles took both her hands, and she became incredibly awkward as she tried to keep my balance.

Stiles skated backwards as he pulled her. "Okay, Lu, I'm gonna let you go. I want you to try on your own."

She attempted to do so and fell onto the ice. Scott wasn't having much luck either.

Lydia brushed off the ice and started screaming hysterically. Lucy skated over to her, best she could, and enveloped her in a tight hug while she screamed.

At school the next morning, Lucy walked into the cafeteria to see an empty table. Stiles pointed to it. "Scott. Lu. Do you see that?"

Scott frowned. "What? It's an empty table."

"Yeah, but who's empty table?"

"Boyd," Scott and Lucy answered.

Scott looked between the two of them as they walked through the halls, before saying, "I'm going to the ice rink, see if he's there. And if he's not at home, you call me, got it? What?"

"Maybe we should let him. Boyd, you know, man? You said Derek's giving them a choice, right?"

"We can't," Scott said.

Stiles bit his lip and avoided Lucy's eyes. "You gotta admit, Erica looks pretty good. You know, the word "sensational" comes to mind."

Scott let out a sigh. "Yeah. How good do you think she's gonna look with a wolfsbane bullet in her head?"

"Alright, all I'm saying is maybe this one isn't totally your responsibility."

Scott looked at Stiles desperately. "They all are. And you know this thing's gonna get out of control. That makes me responsible."

It took a moment, but Stiles nodded. "Alright, I'm with you. And I also gotta say this newfound heroism is making me very attracted to you."

"Shut up."

Stiles smirked at his friend. "No, seriously. Do you wanna just try making out for a sec? Just to see how it feels."

"Kiss Lu. I know how badly you want to."

Stiles' cheeks turned red as Scott left. "I--I, uh, I don't mean..."

"Save it, Stiles. We need to find Boyd," Lucy said.

Stiles drove the two of them to Boyd's house and he started pounding on the front door. "Hey, Boyd? Hey, Boyd? It's Stiles and Lucy." He turned around to see Erica. "Oh--wow."

Erica frowned at them. "What are you two doing here?"

Stiles shifted nervously. "Uh, nothing, we were just looking for, um--"

"Boyd?" Erica finished.

Lucy narrowed her eyes at Erica. "Yes. We're looking for Boyd. Do you know where he is?"

Erica ignored her and smirked at Stiles. "You know what you're doing right now that's kind of funny? You're only looking in my eyes."

Stiles raised his eyebrow. "That's funny?"

"Well, yeah. Because it's that kind of look where you're trying not to look anywhere other than my eyes, but you want to, don't you? You want a nice, long, hard look."

Stiles glanced at me and shook his head. "Not really. No."

"Oh. So it's just my eyes?"

"Yes. You have beautiful eyes."

"I have beautiful everything."

Lucy instantly thought of Drew back at camp, as Erica reminded her of the bratty daughter of Aphrodite. Stiles raised his brow again. "And a newfound self-confidence. Congratulations, Erica. We should get going."

"You're not going anywhere."

"Why not?"

"You're having car trouble," she answered, holding something from the Jeep and knocked them out. "I'm sorry, Lucy. But I can't have you tattling to your friends."

Lucy's eyes opened to darkness and her nose crinkled at the stench. She fumbled around for the lid, hitting something squishy, and eventually managed to open whatever it was they were in. A dumpster. Stiles popped up and muttered, "Bitch."

Lucy glanced at him. "Couldn't have said it better myself."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 65 55
Emma Rodriguez should be dead. But she finds herself very much alive. As it would turn out, one closest to her has a deeply hidden secret. New thr...
100K 1.8K 52
Megara Parker: cousin to Peter Parker, daughter of the Big Three. Poseidon, more specifically. She's sent to Beacon Hills to protect it. How will sh...
41.2K 579 54
Kasia Stilinski is no stranger to the supernatural, but being around a werewolf, a Banshee, werewolf hunters, and other such residents of Beacon Hill...
17.3K 367 50
Tabitha Ophelia Young has secrets not only her closest friends know. But when a resident of the small town of Beacon Hills is bit and turned into a...