Mad World // Stiles Stilinksi...

By TheQuietHufflepuff

Lucy Becenti, daughter of the Greek god of death, is sent to Beacon Hills to investigate all the strange acti... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Sequel

13

2.4K 51 3
By TheQuietHufflepuff

Season Two

"Ohh--Just like that. No, no, you first. Me first?" Stiles mumbled.

Lucy held the balloons tighter, biting back a laugh. Mr. Martin glanced to her and Stiles. "They've been here all night?"

Melissa frowned at her as she said, "They've been here all weekend."

Stiles continued sleep talking. "You're dirty."

The intercom suddenly went off. "Paging Dr. Stateman. Dr. Stateman, please."

Stiles hit a trash can, woke up, and looked at Lucy. "Was I talking?"

"Mm-hmm. You said some pretty interesting things. Who's dirty?"

His cheeks reddened. As he stood up, he said, "I could use some candy."

Lucy walked with him to the vending machine. Before Stiles got his candy, he asked her, "What do you want?"

"I'm partial to Milky Way."

"One Milky Way coming right up."

"You can get yours first, though."

He nodded and put the money in and pressed 'I'. The Reese's was pulled out, and suddenly stopped. Stiles frowned. "Seriously? Come--"

"Just--Gah! It's not gonna work," he groaned, shaking the vending machine.

"That's not a good idea, Stiles."

"It'll work, Lu."

Stiles couldn't have been more wrong, because the vending machine falls. "Whoa!" Stiles cried.

Lucy frowned at him. "You shouldn't be surprised. I told you it wasn't a good idea."

He shot her a look and a scream caught their attention. "Lydia? Lydia!"

They rushed to her room to find her gone. Lucy knelt by her shedded hospital gown and softly asked, "Lydia?"

The sheriff arrived, so they followed him down the hall while he talked to Melissa. "Naked? As in nude?" The sheriff asked in a confused tone.

Melissa nodded. "I'm pretty sure they mean the same thing, but, yes, as far as I know, she left here clothing-optional."

"Alright, you checked the whole hospital, right?"

"Every last corner."

"Nothing suspicious?"

Melissa shook her head. "Nothing. She just took off."

"Alright," the sheriff replied. "Let's get an APB out on a 16 year old redhead. Any other descriptors?"

Lucy raised an eyebrow. "She's actually 5'3, she's got green eyes, fair skin, and strawberry blonde hair."

Sheriff Stilinski looked down at her. "Is that right?"

Stiles nodded. "Yeah."

The sheriff grabbed his son's ear. "Uh--come here. What the hell are you still doing here?"

Stiles tried to think of a plausible answer. "Um, providing moral support?"

"Uh-huh. How 'bout you provide your ass back home, where you should be. Take Lucy home."

Stiles nodded again. "Okay, I can do that too."

"Yeah."

Before they left, Lucy turned to the sheriff. "Find her. Please."

Sheriff Stilinski smiled at her. "We'll find her. You don't have to worry."

They met up with Scott to look for Lydia. Lucy had made sure to grab the hospital gown and put it in Scott's face. He looked at it and back up at Lucy. "This is the one she was wearing? I'm not gonna let anyone hurt her. Not again."

Lucy sighed. "Just use your werewolf smelly thing to find her."

A figure appeared and Stiles jumped. "Wow!"

Scott looked out the window to see Allison. "What are you doing here? Someone's gonna see us."

Allison shook her head. "I don't care--she is my best friend, and we need to find her before they do."

"I can find her before the cops can."

"How about before my father does?"

Stiles' eyes widened. "He knows?"

Allison gave him a nod. "Yeah. I just saw him and about three other guys leave my house in two SUVs."

"Search party." Scott replied.

"It's more like a hunting party."

"Get in."

Stiles gave a slow nod. "Alright, but if she's turning, would they actually kill her?"

Allison shook her head. "I don't know. They won't tell me anything. Okay, all they say is, "We'll talk after Kate's funeral, when the others get here.""

"What others?" Lucy inquired.

Allison gave her a shrug. "I don't know. They won't tell me yet."

Stiles let out a sigh. "Okay, your family's got some serious communication issues to work on. Scott, are we going the right way?"

Scott was looking out the window like a dog as he yelled, "Take the next right!"

Scott's nose took them to the Hale house and Stiles frowned. "She came here? You sure?"

"Yeah, this is where the scent leads."

"Alright, but has Lydia ever been here?"

Allison shook her head. "Not with me. Maybe she came here on instinct, like she was looking for Derek."

"You mean--looking for an Alpha," Scott said, correcting her.

"Wolves need a pack, right?"

"Not all of them."

"But would she have been drawn to an Alpha? Is it an instinct to be part of a pack?"

"Yeah, we're--we're stronger in packs."

"Like strength in numbers," Allison said.

Scott shook his head. "No, like--like literally stronger, faster, better in every way."

"That the same for an Alpha?"

Scott nodded. "That'll make Derek stronger too."

Stiles suddenly crouched down. "Whoa, hey, look at this. You see this? I think it's a tripwire."

"Stiles--" Scott's voice called.

Lucy turned to his voice to see him hanging upside down. Stiles copied her. "Yeah, buddy. Oh."

Scott frowned at his friend. "Next time you see a tripwire--don't trip it."

Stiles nodded. "Yeah, noted."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Someone's coming. Hide. Go!"

Allison and Stiles ducked behind a tree while Lucy found shadows to hide in. Chris Argent appeared. "Scott?"

"Mr. Argent," Scott answered.

"How are you doing?"

"Good. You know, just hangin' out." Lucy smirked at his pun. "Is this one of yours? It's, uh, good. Nice design. Very constricting."

Argent frowned at him. "What are you doing out here, Scott?"

"Looking for my friend."

"Ah, that's right. Lydia's in your group now, isn't she? Part of the clique? Is that the word you use? Or is there another way to put it? Part of your pack?"

"Actually, clique sounds about right to me," Scott said.

Argent nodded at him. "I hope so. Cause I know she's a friend of Allison's, and one special circumstance, such as yourself--one, I can handle. Not two."

"No."

"Scott, do you know what a hemicorporectomy is?"

Lucy frowned, mentally trying to spell the word and gave up after hemi.

Scott's lips pursed. "I have a feeling I don't want to."

Argent ignored Scott and explained what a hemicorecpomy, or whatever the word, was. "A medical term for amputating somebody at the waist. Cutting them in half. Takes a tremendous amount of strength to cut through tissue and bone like that. Let's hope a demonstration never becomes necessary."

He left and Allison looked at Scott. "You okay?"

Scott shrugged. "It's just another life-threatening conversation with your dad."

"Stiles, help me with this."

Scott shook his head. "Thanks. But I think I got it."

Stiles nodded. "Yeah."

Scott managed to free himself and Allison laughed awkwardly. Scott shot them a smile. "Comin'?"

Lucy swung by her locker before Chemistry and a guy ran into her, knocking her down. "Oh my--Are you okay? I didn't mean to--"

She stood up. "I'm okay. Hey; you're Isaac, right? Isaac Lahey."

He nodded. "You're Lucy, right?"

"The one and only."

He gave her a small smile. "I'm glad you're alright, Lucy. Hey, uh, you have Chemistry, right?"

"Yeah. Wanna walk with me?"

"Sure."

They walked into the Chemistry room and took their usual seats.

During Chemistry, Stiles turned to Scott. "What if the next body part she steals is from someone still alive?"

"Wait. Lydia's stealing bodies?" Lucy questioned, causing Stiles to nod.

Mr. Harris shot them a dirty look. "This is a pop quiz Mr. Stilinski, Miss Becenti. If I hear your voices again, I may be tempted to give you detention for the rest of your high school career."

"Can you do that?" Stiles asked.

"I think he can. Maybe," Lucy said.

Mr. Harris's glare deepened. "Well, there it is again. Your voices. Triggering the only impulse I've ever had to strike a student repeatedly and violently. I'll see the two of you at 3:00 for detention. You too, Mr. McCall?"

"No, sir," Scott answered.

Chemistry finished, and Lucy headed back to her locker to drop off her book. Allison was at her locker, which was next to Lucy's. A guy shot her a smile. "Nice dress."

"Nice camera," she replied.

Lucy heard a couple girls talking behind them. "Not her sister, her aunt. The one who murdered all those people."

The second girl replied, "You mean the crazy bitch who killed all those people."

The first girl nodded to her friend. "Yeah, the fire, all those animal attacks--It was her aunt."

"Are you kidding? I sit next to her in English."

"Find a new seat."

Allison ducked her head and Lucy immediately made her way to the girls. "Gossiping is not nice. Think twice before you speak. Allison is a wonderful person, and if you know what's best for you, you'll leave and stop talking about someone when you know they can hear you."

The girls gave her a glare before walking off. Allison gave Lucy a small smile. "Thanks, Lu. I hate being that girl."

"Yeah, I know. I totally get it."

She suddenly ran off into a random classroom and Lucy made her way to Mr. Harris's room. Since she'd decided to speak out of turn, she'd been granted detention. A long, grueling hour passed, and Stiles stood up. "Sit," Mr. Harris demanded.

"What? But it's been an hour," Stiles protested.

"My detention's an hour-and-a-half."

Lucy glared at him. "You can't do that!"

"Yeah," Stiles added. "You can't do that."

Mr. Harris smirked. "Oh--but I can. You see, Stiles, since your father was so judicious in his dealings with me, I've decided to make you my personal project for the rest of the semester. You are going to benefit from all the best that strict discipline has to offer. Miss Becenti, since hanging around this young man, your behavior has become worse. I'd like to imagine you might be a good kid, but I don't know. Now--sit down, before I decide to keep you here all night."

The half-hour passed, even slower than the hour, and they were finally released. They headed to the graveyard and hid behind a statue. "Yo," Stiles whispered.

Lucy noticed an older man and pointed to him. "Who's he?"

Scott glanced at her and shrugged. "He's definitely an Argent."

Stiles turned to his friend. "Hey, you know, maybe they're just here for the funeral. I mean--what if they're the non-hunting side of the family? There could be non-hunting Argents. It's possible, right?"

Lucy studied the old man and figured there was something about him. Scott confirmed her thoughts. "I know what they are. They're reinforcements."

"Ah," the sheriff said, pulling up the boys by their shirts. "The two of you. Unbelievable. I'm hoping you dragged Lucy into this. Pick up my tie."

Stiles nodded at his dad. "Got it. Sorry. I know, I'm supposed to ask."

They climbed into the back of a cop car and an officer said over the radio, "4-1-5 Adam."

Sheriff Stilinski picked up the radio. "I didn't copy that. Did you say 4-1-5 Adam?"

"Disturbance in a car," Stiles explained quietly.

"They were taking a heart attack victim--D.O.A. But on the way to the hospital, something hit 'em."

"What--hit the ambulance?"

"Copy that. I'm standing in front of it right now. Something got in the back. There's blood everywhere. And I mean everywhere."

The sheriff nodded. "Alright, Unit 4, what's your 20?"

"Route 5 and post. I swear, I've never seen anything like this."

"Alright, take it easy. I'm on my way. Now, as for you three--"

Lucy rubbed her hands up and down her arms and pulled down her sleeves while Stiles asked, "What the hell is Lydia doing?"

Scott shook his head. "I don't know."

Without the sheriff noticing, they exited the squad car and hid behind a small hill as they watch the police and paramedics deal with the D.O.A. victim.

Stiles leaned closer to try and see the dead person. "What kept you from doing that? Was it Allison?"

"I hope so," Scott replied.

"Do you need to get closer?"

"No, I got it."

Scott stood up, and Lucy grabbed his arm. "Scott, please. You have to find her. I can't lose a friend."

He smiled at her. "I will. Don't worry."

Scott ran off and Lucy slipped on her black cardigan, feeling the chill. A strawberry blonde head caught er attention.

Lucy instantly ran up to her and took off her cardigan. Without a second thought, she wrapped it around her while calling out her name. "Lydia? Lydia? Lydia!"

She blinked a few times before looking at Lucy. Her hair was all over the place, covered in dirt and feathers. Her skin was dusty, showing how long she'd been outside. Without a second thought, Lucy threw her arms around her and Lydia returned the gesture.

Lydia sobbed into Lucy's arms and said, "I'm okay, Lu."

"Two days, Lydia. Thank the gods you're okay."

She frowned. "I've been missing for two days?"

"Yeah. Don't worry; we never stopped looking for you."

She pulled Lucy into another hug. "Good. I wouldn't expect anything less."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 5.6K 49
๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข ๐š ๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ ๐š˜๐š—๐šŒ๐šŽ ๐šŒ๐š‘๐š’๐š•๐š๐š‘๐š˜๐š˜๐š ๐š‹๐šŽ๐šœ๐š ๐š๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐šœ. ๐™ฝ๐š˜๐š , ๐šŠ๐š™๐š™๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐š•๐šข, ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข ๐š ๐šŽ๐š›๐šŽ ๐š‘๐šž๐š—๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š‘ ๐š˜๐š๐š‘...
102K 1.8K 52
Megara Parker: cousin to Peter Parker, daughter of the Big Three. Poseidon, more specifically. She's sent to Beacon Hills to protect it. How will sh...
21.8K 410 54
Scott's pack has been through a lot over the course of nearly a year. They've gained friends and allies and have tragically lost some as well. Lucy a...
364K 10.3K 29
๐Ÿ๐’๐“ ๐๐‹๐€๐‚๐„ ๐ˆ๐ ๐…๐€๐๐…๐ˆ๐‚๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐ ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐”๐๐’๐„๐„๐ ๐†๐‘๐€๐•๐„ ๐€๐–๐€๐‘๐ƒ๐’ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ— Sarah Stilinski is only a few years older than...