The King's Queen (Nightmare S...

By ReapingZen

PLEASE READ BEFORE GETTING INTO THE STORY Description: Your name is (Y/n) and you are originally from an au... More

An unusual relationship.
Protect Your King.
A Soul's Reflection.
Verbal promise.
Strategic warfare.
Dream Catcher.
First date.
I dare you.
A selective mute.
Obsessed.
Taking the blame.
Corrupted.
Stone slumber.
Guard dog.
King of nightmares.
Horrible time.
Just tired.
A deep sleep.
I am here.
Help.
Checkmate.
She's mine.
Your HP.
Not losing you.
Ink's plan.
Cross.
Desires.
Little Game.
That's strike three.
Negotiations.
Stroke of irony.
The Queen.
I love you.
Anxiety.
Memory loss.
Eventually.
She is marked.
Dominance.
The King's Queen.

Once upon a Nightmare.

20.9K 477 1.2K
By ReapingZen

(Please remember that English is not my primary language, but I will still be making an effort to correct my errors. Enjoy!)

Once upon a time there was an alternate universe known as Dreamtale. This place was nothing like the original Undertale and held many differences from it's counterpart. At the center of the world was a beautiful tree known as "The tree of Feelings." One side of the tree was decorated by shining golden apples while the opposite side was that of pitch black apples. The golden fruit represented positive emotions in the world while the black showed the negative side of life.

Despite the humans wanting to experience joy, most failed to understand the importance of sadness. Both sides of the tree had a Guardian that was meant to serve both sides of emotions. These two individuals were known as Dream and Nightmare.

Both of the Guardians were created in the shape of skeletons and were fueled with great power, especially drawn from their respective emotions. Dream was often popular among the crowd while Nightmare was generally shunned... Everyone seemed to hate the Guardian of negativity. At least that is what he thought...

---- (Y/n) Pov ----

It is a beautiful day outside. The students are still irritating, the homework was still coming... On days like these, people like me... Need a break from it all.

This wasn't exactly a lie, I really was in desperate need of a break. As I walked along the halls of my school, I was greeted by bullies who loved to do nothing more than push me around, call me awful names and sometimes... Take their frustrations out on me.

I suppose that me being a convenient punching bag probably was my fault entirely- after all, I never told them to stop... Because I dislike conversation.

Everyone in school was aware that I didn't speak. It wasn't that I couldn't, but... I would not. I believe that I had lost my ability to converse many years ago after so many betrayals. My thoughts on the matter became "If I don't talk, then people will not want to get to know me. Less friends mean less people to trust, which also equals less conflicts. Less trust to invest, less people that can hurt me. "

Prior to the school bells ringing to remove everyone from this prison of education, I had already sneaked out. From today alone I had a a couple of bruises to replace the old ones which were mainly lined across my (S/c) arms... Though this really wasn't much in comparison to my lower back which was slightly sore from being pushed earlier. 

Before I could completely leave the school grounds I heard the voices of a group of girls that loved to throw hurtful remarks towards me... and who sometimes found humor in having their boyfriends push me around. Today was not my day.

Instead of remaining still, I began to run away. I didn't want to have a target on my back for the rest of the afternoon so I kept running until eventually finding my way to the town's sacred attraction- the tree of feelings.

I always came here when I need some peace of mind, and I always find myself sitting in the same place- on the side of negativity. No one came to this side so it was quiet. No one appreciated this side, so someone had to express gratitude... If I didn't have terrible experiences within my life, I wouldn't be myself. I cannot live with only positive events in my life, I require the reality of negative occurrences too.

It didn't take me long to find myself sitting against the tree, my back pressed against its firm structure while offering a slight wince to the pain that I felt from today's abuse. Once I managed to make myself as comfortable as possible, I grabbed my bag which was causally laid out beside me and began to pull out my notebook and homework.

I was actually quite intelligent for my age, being only seventeen at this time and all... most forms of my work were extremely impressive- and don't get me started on my skills when it comes to playing chess. I've been undefeated for quite some time.

As my work was being swiftly finished, I began to hum a small melody that easily reflected my current state of mind- I was at peace. This seemed to almost be an every day ritual that I conducted. Go to the tree, sit on the side with the apples as dark as the night, do my homework, hum a song that didn't require words, close my eyes and enjoy the remaining warmth from the sun, and then wait for the sunset before finally returning home... To an orphanage.

I knew that if given the option, that I would stay here during the night as well... This place was extremely comforting. Although... I couldn't tell if i was comforted by the tree, or by the Guardians who protected it? Clearly if they didn't want me here, I would be gone. It wasn't a very common thing for someone to approach the side of negativity, as people usually claimed to have bad experiences. But most people didn't have respect, so it probably was their own fault.

No one approached this side, and if no one did... then this place was absolutely perfect to me. No bullies wanted to be here, no one from the orphanage dared to approach and take me home. It was just me, this tree, and the Guardians who protected it... Until now. "(Y/nnnnnn)!!!"

And just like that, my peace of mind was ruined. 

I looked up to stare at the girl who approached me in such a hurry. She had long brown hair that was braided to one side, blue eyes and wore a purple tank top and black jeans... She was very pretty, sometimes I wondered why she claimed to be my friend when she obviously belonged with the popular groups at school.

Thankfully she stopped upon remembering one of her most 'exciting' interactions with this side of the tree. It happened about two months ago...  I was humming a song that was probably an equivalence to a lullaby when she came charging in, shouting my name in a way that would put a screaming baby to shame. Needless to say, I was startled.

Not startled as in scared- I just didn't think that a girl's voice could hit such an impressive pitch...

 Okay, maybe I was a little terrified.

Instantly when my song had stopped, she claimed to feel a heavy glare weighing down her soul before she found herself face planting into the ground. Her arms were badly scraped and she seemed to be crying over her burning wounds... Surprising enough, she stopped a good meter away before coming in proximity of the tree- as if someone didn't want her there. And to this day, she never comes any closer than the spot that she fell at.

"So um... Your notes! I kind of passed out in English class... And I reallllly need them!" (F/n) admitted as I gave her a 'really' look. She clapped her hands in front of her face and bowed down slightly as if to beg me for them... At which I just rolled my eyes.

Finally giving in, I decided to give up and hand her the notes... which required me to get up and suffer through the aches of today's pain. As I handed them to her, she gave me a small pleading look while taking a single glance back towards the tree. "Thanks and... Look, ever since you came to this town, you've been coming here a lot."

I nodded to her while turning around to leave, but before I could her hand was gripping my arm with a sense of unease. "(Y/n), I know that you like this place but you really shouldn't be on this side of the tree! It's not normal... and frankly, dangerous. I mean, what good comes out of things being negative all the time? The Guardian of Negativity probably doesn't even want you here, I mean- have you ever even seen him before? He isn't like his brother... He doesn't want to socialize... And it's probably better that way..."

I gave (F/n) a look that said 'are you done?' and she seemed to catch the message quite well. I didn't like hearing her insults or concern, they were irritating. (F/n) seemed to sigh before taking the notes and offering me a wave during her depart... I knew that I had to leave too, but before then, I voiced my opinion for the first time in awhile. "Who is she to judge someone that she has never met... And claim that nothing good comes from negativity. What nonsense."

And with that, I grabbed my bag and departed... all the while, unaware that the Guardian, Nightmare, was listening in on the whole conversation. He found himself blushing at my words, flustered without really understanding why... This was the first time that he had heard me speak, and it was different from the small tunes that I would hum.

--- Nightmare's Pov ---

'This (Y/n)... She has been coming here for awhile, ever since she was maybe eight years old?' I thought to myself as I watched her departing figure. No one could see me as I remained invisible, sitting on a branch as I tapped my phalanges against the bark of the tree. She was different, that much was certain. 

I could remember the soft hum of her lullaby and how it slowly eased me asleep... Never before had I felt so relaxed in the presence of another. It was true that I never introduced myself to the girl, so we couldn't claim to be 'friends'. But I think that we definitely had a mutual respect.

Yes, it was respect. However, after today... I couldn't help but want to actually sit with her. That girl spoke out against someone in my defense, so the least that I could do is show myself to her. (Y/n)'s friend was basically a nuisance to me, a distraction. While I wanted to conduct my duties as a Guardian, that damn woman was just too loud in comparison to (Y/n) who quietly sat under the tree and provided a calming silence with the occasional humming of a song.

In fact, I could remember startling the girl called (F/n) two months ago. While I was enjoying the soft lullaby that was sung by (Y/n), slowly I was closing my eyes and dozing off- I mean working very hard.... Cough. But suddenly, that girl came out of no where and interrupted the melody. This was actually rather common, and would happen too frequently... so out of frustration, I glared at her and used my magic to force her into the ground.

Were my actions necessary?

......

Absolutely. Now that pest rarely comes by.

Though this time... I found myself grateful to (F/n). This was the first time that I had ever heard (Y/n)'s voice. And if I were being honest, her voice easily put her small songs to shame. So after finally working up the courage, I decided that tomorrow, I would reveal myself to the only person that I had come to tolerate and enjoy these past years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 8.8K 23
It was just a normal Saturday. (Y/N) was playing Undertale for the millionth time. She was obsessed. (Y/N) had played all of the routes. True Pacifis...
39.4K 1.7K 14
I have always been unlucky with love huh... I'm the 'Unrequited Love Repeater' that's right. It's almost like Cupid himself hates my entire existence...
73.8K 3.4K 42
It's only been a few years since monsters have been released from their underground prison. In some towns, monsters are welcomed with open arms. Othe...