Adrienette Arranged Marriage...

By ShanteSOspecial

[DISCLAIMER: THIS BOOK IS A STAND ALONE! IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO RELATION TO MY OTHER BOOK "JUST AS WE WERE MARR... More

a u t h o r ' s n o t e + w a r n i n g
| Chapter 1 |
| Chapter 2 |
| Chapter 3 |
| Chapter 4 |
| Chapter 5 |
| Chapter 6 |
| Chapter 7 |
| Chapter 7 |
| Chapter 8 |
| Chapter 9 |
| Chapter 10 |
| Chapter 11 |
| Chapter 12 |
| Chapter 13 |
| Chapter 14 |
| Chapter 15 |
| Chapter 16 |
| Chapter 17 |
| Chapter 18 |
| Chapter 19 |
| Chapter 21 |
| Chapter 22 |
| Chapter 23 |
| Chapter 24 |
| Chapter 25 |
| Chapter 26 |
| Chapter 27 |
| Chapter 28 |
| Chapter 29 |
| Chapter 30 |
| Chapter 31 |
| Chapter 32 |
| Chapter 33 |
| Chapter 34 |
| Chapter 35 |
| Chapter 36 |
| Chapter 37 |
| Chapter 38 |
| Chapter 39 |
| Chapter 40 |
| Chapter 41 |
| Chapter 42 |
| Chapter 43 |
| Chapter 44 |
| Chapter 45 |
The Last Author Note
[Running From Him...For You]
| Epilogue - Part One |
| Epilogue - Part Two |
New Cover, Guys!

| Chapter 20 |

13.1K 308 763
By ShanteSOspecial

Chapter Twenty

* * * * *

"Can I speak to you both in my office," Matilda beckoned us closer with a wave of the hand. We told the girls we would be right back before following her.

"Where is Emma?" I asked once we were in her office and were seated. "We checked her room, but she isn't there."

"She's in her reading class," Matilda informed us. "It will be over in about ten minutes."

Adrien and I nodded. "What is it you wanted to speak to us about?" Adrien asked after some time.

"Well, it's about Emma," Matilda started. "She has been worrying me. She won't eat and she hasn't been socializing like she was before. Her nightmares are getting worse and she won't leave her room unless it's to go to her classes. Everything has went downhill with her since the incident. The progress we had made with her when she just got here has dwindled down to nothing. I'm wondering if we should put her into counseling or can you guys talk to her."

"We'll see what we can do to help her. It's really sad to hear she's like this. I mean, when we left the other day she seemed okay, but now it's like she has shut down," I said, running my fingers through my now let down hair.

"Thank you so much," Matilda smiled, her eyes brightening. Her eyes then moved to my hand, the one that my engagement ring sat on. "Marinette, you're engaged?!" She exclaimed, a huge grin on her face as she clasped my hand in hers. I could practically feel Adrien's smirk."What a beautiful ring! Who's the lucky lad?"

"Guilty," Adrien spoke, raising his hand a bit.

Matilda's eyes widened. "You're joking," She said, obviously not believing what was going on. When she saw the looks on our faces, she smiled. "I didn't even know you guys were dating!"

Adrien scratched the back of his neck. "We didn't tell a lot of people. With the media and all."

She nodded. "I can understand that," She muttered. "I am happy for the both of you. When's the wedding?"

"Next month," I answered. "I'll make sure each and everyone of you get an invitation."

Matilda clapped her hands excitedly. "I can't wait."

"Before we go, we have something to talk to you about," Adrien stated, nudging me lightly.

"Is it bad?" Matilda looked worried.

"Not at all," I told her, giving her a soft smile.

"Well then, what is it? You're getting me anxious," She said nervously.

"We want to adopt Emma."

Matilda looked shocked by the words that had passed Adrien's lips. When her shock subsided, tears filled her eyes and she smiled.

"You're serious?" She asked.

We nodded. "We have been thinking about about adopting her for a while and we think now is probably the right time to talk to you about it," I said.

"You don't know how happy I get when someone comes to adopt one of these girls. It gives me joy knowing that they'd be so much happier with a family," She spoke, her voice cracking. I clasped one of her hands in both of mine. "Thank you both so much."

"It's really not a problem, Matilda," Adrien gave her a smile. "If we could adopt all of them we would, trust me."

"When do you want to start the process?" She asked, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Immediately after the wedding," I said. "The wedding will take a lot of preparation and juggling that along with work and the adoption would be stressing, so we decided to start after the wedding."

"Noted," She grinned. "Emma should be out of class now and in her room. I'll take you both to see her now."

We left the office and made our way up the stairs to Emma's room.

Matilda knocked lightly on the door before turning the knob and pushing it open slightly. I peaked through the crack and saw Emma laying on her side, her face to the wall.

"Emma," Matilda spoke softly.

"I'm still not hungry, Ms Matilda," Emma replied, her voice barely above a whisper. My heart broke at how weak she sounded. "I'm okay."

"I'm not here to force you to eat, Emma," Matilda smiled to herself. "You have two visitors." Emma made no move to get up so Matilda continued to speak, "Adrien and Marinette-"

She didn't even finish speaking because Emma was already out of the bed and wrapped around my leg.

I smiled and picked her up. "Hello Emma."

She wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her face into my shoulder. "You're back!"

"Of course we are. Didn't we make a promise?" Adrien ruffled her hair causing her to swat his hand away.

"I'll leave you three alone. If you need me, you know where I am," With that said, Matilda headed out of the room and down the stairs.

"We need to talk," Adrien started as we sank down onto the beds, Emma still in my arms. "Matilda has been telling us some things that we definitely don't like hearing."

"But I haven't done anything wrong," She pouted, playing with end of my hair.

"Why haven't you been eating?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Because I'm not hungry," She answered, and as if on cue, her stomach growled.

"That's believable," Adrien snorted, rolling his eyes.

"Okay, maybe I'm hungry now," She smiled slightly.

"Emma, you need to eat. If you continue to behave like this, when the inspector comes, she'll think you're not being treated well and will move you to a different home. One that may be way worse than this one. Do you want that to happen, Em?"

The inspector came to the orphanage every two months to see how the children were coping in the orphanage and to see if they were being treated well. If the inspector felt like a child wasn't being treated well enough, they would remove them from the orphanage while giving the person in charge a warning.

She lowered her head. "No."

"Then you need to eat," Adrien piped in, tapping her nose lightly causing her to giggle. "You should try to talk with the rest of the girls more, too. You can't stay cooped up in here forever."

"What if they're mean again?" She asked, the edges of her lips turning down slightly.

"Then you'll tell Ms Matilda and she will deal with it," I told her. She stayed silent for a while before nodding and muttering a small 'okay'.

"Now, let's go get you something to eat," Adrien said, standing up. I mimicked his actions, sliding Emma off my lap.

We went downstairs to tell Matilda that we were taking Emma out to get something to eat. We then told the other girls that we would return with treats for them.

We then drove to a close burger joint where we went in, ordered and took our seats.

It's actually weird that we were always going to public places without bodyguards or without any type of disguise, but I guess it's because we just don't care...? I mean, just because we were famous didn't mean that we don't want to live like normal people.

A very nervous looking waitress rushed over with our food before awkwardly asking for an autograph from both of us. Adrien and I glanced at each other before giving her an autograph on the paper she held out.

When she walked away, with a skip in her step, Emma dug in making me smile.

"Not hungry, huh?" I teased, making her blush lightly.

Adrien nudged me, giving me a look that said, 'do you want to tell her?'

I pondered for a bit before nodding.

"Hey, Em," Adrien called to get her attention. Emma turned to us with her cheeks slightly stuffed. She was soo cute!

"YeEsh?" She tried to answer with her mouth full making me give her a disapproving look.

"Don't talk with your mouth full."

She nodded and swallowed. "Yes?"

"Marinette and I were talking.... and we realized that you really want to come home with us," Adrien started slowly.

"So we came to a decision," I continued. "We're going to adopt you."

Emma looked truly shocked. Her blue eyes were open wide and her mouth was slightly agape. It was a very cute sight.

"REALLY?!!" She exclaimed loudly, bouncing in her seat causing the other people in the restaurant to look over at us.

"Yes, Emma," Adrien grinned. "Really."

"Does that mean I'm going to get to call you Mommy and Daddy?" She asked, her face bright with joy. "James and Cora always told me not to call them that."

James and Cora??? Must be her real parents. I had never met them, but all I knew was that I hated them. I mean, how could two fully functional adults do something like that to a innocent child like Emma? They should be rotting in hell. "Of course you can, Em."

Emma let out the loudest 'yay' I had ever heard, clapping her hands.

Adrien slung his arm over my shoulders and unconsciously leaned into him. I felt him press a kiss to the side of my head as we watched a very excited Emma finish her meal.

This might just work out...

* * *

"Would you stop blinking?!" Alya exclaimed, moving the mascara brush away from my eye.

"I would if you stopped dragging that thing like a madwoman!"

You see, this is why I do not wear makeup. It takes up a lot of energy and it is too stressful. This is why I lip gloss and go. I also don't see why I need to wear mascara when my eyelashes are already thick and long. It just makes no sense.

"Whatever," She retorted before putting on the final touches on my makeup.

Today was the day of the gala. Like damn, how did it come so fast?!

Now the whole world will know that Adrien and I are engaged. No one will know about Emma until some time after out wedding.

"Let's go put on our dresses now," Alya said to me, pulling me from in front of the mirror.

We both slipped into our dresses and zipped each other up. I slipped on my shoes as Alya did the same. I took the hair rods out of my hair and let my hair drop down to my shoulders

Soon, I was standing in front of the body length mirror, admiring my outfit.

I really liked this dress and I was so glad I had picked it.

"Girl, you look stunning," Alya gushed. "Adrien's gonna die when he sees you."

I rolled my eyes at her last statement. I then turned to look at her.

"You're saying I look good, girl," I looked at her from head to toe. "Look at you!"

I loved Alya's dress. It was a form fitting red dress, with a sweetheart neckline that was traced with diamonds. No straps. The was also a split running up her leg. The dress definitely complimented her.

Just as I picked up my phone, the door bell rang.

"They're here," I said to Alya, carefully making my way down the stairs. Wouldn't want me to fall now, knowing how clumsy I am.

I pulled the door, coming face to shoulder with Adrien. Thank God it wasn't face to chest! Thank you heels!

Adrien's eyes ran over me slowly before he closed his eyes and muttered out a word that began with f and ended with an uck. I definitely blushed at that. Close behind him stood a very excited Nino, who, for the first time ever, didn't have on a hat or headphones.

"You look so damn hot," His hands rested on my hips as he pulled me closer to him. He then lowered his head to mine and planted a soft kiss on my lips. A kiss which I so eagerly returned.

"Ew, ew, ew!" Alya's so familiar voice made an appearance as she made her way into the room, causing us to pull away reluctantly. "You guys can save the banging and face sucking until after the gala! The limos are waiting! Let's go!"

Adrien and I chuckled as Alya and Nino made their way to the back limo then we made our way to the front one.

To the gala we go!

* * * * *

The gala is finally here guys!

What are your thoughts on this chapter?

Emma's reaction?

This author note isn't going to be long because I am VERY VERY LATE for school and so I am dying!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Until next time,

Bye bye little butterflies 😘❤️.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.5K 2.8K 48
Adrien, a billionaire business man lost his wife in a plane crash accident as she left him with a little baby Emma. After three years, Emma wanted t...
4.6K 160 18
"So, you- you've gotten your heart broken too..." Marinette. A normal 18 year old girl with a normal life- well it may seem normal but the mask of ha...
94.7K 2K 23
It's been one year since the day master fu gave Marinette and Adrien the honors of being miraculous holders, but the effects of special day might jus...
185K 5.9K 36
--- Edited ---- In this story, Marinette and Adrien change personalities... Marinette does not have that much of a crush on Adrien. She lives in a ma...