Sugar Babe [Completed]

By WeAreAHurricane

Ever had Ramen Noodles for an entire month? Lilly Fenster has and she's tired of it. Which is why she ends up... More

Prologue: Ramen Noodles
Chapter One: Money Talks
Chapter Two: Lowly Lows
Chapter Three: Drunk Panic
Chapter Four: You're Next
Chapter Five: The Difference
Chapter Six: The Spins
Chapter Seven: Blueberry Muffins
Chapter Eight: Mysterious Beanie
Chapter Nine: Treading Mills
Chapter Ten: Double Chances
Chapter Eleven: Cold Hearts
Chapter Twelve: Loving Vintage
Chapter Thirteen: Summer Love
Chapter Fourteen: Shock Girl
Chapter Fifteen: Blueberry Throws
Chapter Sixteen: Tulle Fool
Chapter Seventeen: Be Careful
Chapter Eighteen: Jilly Billy
Chapter Nineteen: Numb Thumb
Chapter Twenty: Getting Answers
Chapter Twenty-One: Falling Back
Chapter Twenty-Two: Thin Ice
Chapter Twenty-Three: Mind F*ck
Chapter Twenty-Four: Silly Jilly
Chapter Twenty-Five: Ticking Clocks
Chapter Twenty-Six: Natural Habitats
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Left Hanging
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Can't Refuse
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Like Lilly
Chapter Thirty: Feel Better
Chapter Thirty-One: Fumbled Love
Chapter Thirty-Two: Knew You
Chapter Thirty-Three: Believe Me
Chapter Thirty-Four: New Attitude
Chapter Thirty-Five: Being Homeless
Chapter Thirty-Six: Seeing You
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Starry Eyed
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Done Fighting
Chapter Forty: Flaws & Scars
Epilogue: Family Dinners
Author Note: R.I.P Love Life

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Don't Stop

153K 5.1K 1.5K
By WeAreAHurricane

If my career as a fashion designer ever failed, acting would definitely be my second option. I was doing a lot of it lately, especially when I was told that I had to attend the same party that Joshua, Gola, and even Lanning would be attending.

I wanted to ask Martin Vance why the hell he would invite our enemies, but then I would have shown him that I cared. I wasn't sure why he did what he did, but it was probably due to one of his perverse tendencies.

Nevertheless, I found myself getting ready for that night with a big fat smile on my face. I was trying to keep my calm and smiling so hard my cheeks were sore. It was all part of my own personal plan.

I knew that Martin, Minerva, Johnny, and even Robert were all expecting me to throw a bitch fit when I learned the jolly news. I surprised everyone by being completely calm and even cheery. My plan was to convince them that I didn't care about Joshua. I even wanted to convince myself, if I was really that good.

I left shortly after Martin and the rest of the people, not without a dry cleaner's bag and a pair of shoes, though. Johnny told me that he had the perfect outfit for that night, but he hadn't let me see it. I was too busy thinking of composing myself that I hadn't even been nosy and taken a peek.

Now I slowly unzipped the bag to reveal a short tight black dress. The dress had a cutout in the center, making it look as if were two pieces, but not really. The top was adorned with gold studs.

Even without trying it on I knew it would be fucking short. The shoes were several inches tall, but they really did go with the dress. Although if I face planted the ground by the end of the night, no one could blame me.

I knew Martin had a thing for theatrical things, but when I saw the mask I had to roll my eyes. He would be tacky enough to make it a masquerade! I had very little time to get ready, so before I ended up hurling my lunch at the thought of seeing Joshua again, I focused on getting ready.

I even straightened my hair for the occasion. The dress did end up being insanely short, and with the help of the heels my legs looked miles long.

 I added a gold studded bracelet, along with some earrings. I usually hated red lipstick, but it could only be fitting. Sometimes a girl needed to make a few sacrifices. I looked at myself once, twice, and even a third time.

I looked like a trouble.

I was in the middle of adding a second layer of mascara when I heard a short knock and my brother entering.

Andrew walked in purposely, but stopped short when he saw me.

"That's...a short dress." He noted with eyes trained on the object of his attention.

"Well, tell that to the gay guy who let me borrow it." I told him with only half of my attention. The other half was invested in not stabbing my eyeball.

"There's a limo waiting for you downstairs. You didn't tell me you were going out, much less looking like that." My brother really did sound out of it, he hadn't even asked about the gay guy.

"What do you mean? Is it ugly?" I asked with mild horror. Would Joshua think it looked ugly? Why the hell was I even asking myself that? Alright, so I was going all the way to dress myself up for the sake of showing him what he had lost. Was that petty of me?

"No! It's just short...and the shoes...and you're my little sister. You've just never dressed even close to this... Oh sweet Jesus, I'm sounding like mom and dad aren't I?" He claimed with horror himself.

I giggled, because he was talking a mile a minute just like our mother.

"Relax, I'm probably going to spend the entire night awkwardly standing in the corner. I can't wait!" I sarcastically promised.

My brother gave me a cheesy smile before opening the door wider so that I could make my way downstairs. Our footsteps clinked against the stairs, particularly mine. If I survived going down the stairs in my stupid shoes, I could at least have hope for the rest of the night.

"Well, be really careful and watch your drink!" He yelled from behind me.

I turned around with a smile on my face.

"I'm going to some big deal bar opening, not a rave. Chill!" I told him, laughing. My brother's cheeks reddened and he looked down towards the ground. It had been sweet of him to care and make an effort. I knew that he wasn't used to seeing me dress up and go out.

I gave him a surprise hug before leaving. He happily returned it, still embarrassed about acting like a parent.

I wondered if Minerva saw him from where he stood on the porch. She was probably wearing an evening dress, while he stood barefoot in sweats. I knew that he had no clue that Minerva was in the car right in front of him and felt a pang of guilt. I would tell him later, only if I was sure it wouldn't hurt him.

The Limo was occupied by Johnny, Robert, Minerva, and Martin when I crawled in. All four had masks of their own, but no one wore them.

"Didn't I tell you guys I do a good job?" Johnny claimed once he saw me. I rolled my eyes at him when I realized that he was talking about the way I looked.

"Evening, Fenster" Martin said, looking at me through narrowed eyes. Minerva only nodded at me, and I noticed that her stare was still trained on the window towards the house, even though my brother had walked back in minutes ago.

"Damn, Lilly." Robert commented, staring at me with a crooked smile. I smiled back, trying to act with the most composure possible. I don't know why his comment made me so nervous, but it did. For the rest of the ride I couldn't shake the feeling that Robert kept glancing at me.

 If I hadn't ever met Joshua, would my heart have sped up because of Robert's attention? I wished that it did, but that wasn't the case. Instead I just felt burdened by the attention because I couldn't return it. Or was I simply imagining it?

I hated all of the 'Would Haves' that kept popping into my thoughts. I realized that even though I had a plan to figure out things, I still hadn't done it. I was still lost and confused.

The ride was mostly quiet, but it wasn't for long. We made it towards one of the liveliest spots in the city, making everything magnified by ten. The lights shined bright when the limo came to a stop. I later realized they were camera flashes when the door was opened.

Martin stepped out first, making the flashes roll in a hurry. It felt like daylight. Johnny and Minerva exited right after, leaving me and Robert. I realized that we probably looked like a couple when the pictures started.

No one had told me that I needed to walk a red carpet, but that's exactly what we did. I hadn't realized how long the damn things were until I was actually walking on one. The pictures kept coming and reporters thrusted their microphones at Martin.

 There was a wall behind us with the name of the bar working as a backdrop for the pictures. At one point Martin reached out for me and wrapped one lazy arm around my waist.

It was the real deal.

"Smile." He ordered with a smile of his own. I was about to, when I decided to do something different. I didn't smile, I smirked. I brought a hand up to my hip and pulled my long hair to the side, over my shoulder.

Martin's hand continued to be wrapped around my waist, and by then the cameras were going crazy. One confident reporter managed to stick the microphone right next to our faces, leaving me without any choice but to talk to her.

"Lilly Fenster!" The reporter yelled.

Should I have been worried that she knew my name? Her next words made me pause and my mind went blank.

"What are your thoughts on Joshua Lachowski's engagement just days after the photographs of you two were released? Any thoughts on his betrayal?"

I could feel my eyes widen like saucers. I didn't need to even look at Martin to know that he had done it on purpose. Martin had done what I asked, let the public know about Joshua's engagement, but not before telling them about what he had with me.

 I had never felt such a betrayal, except I wasn't surprised. Martin wasn't my friend, just someone I was working with. I wanted to die of embarrassment. The entire world probably knew that Joshua had been with me and ditched me for Gola. Had they all seen the pictures of us kissing? I knew that Martin had taken them, I had seen him!

I had to shake myself to remember that time was still moving. I had frozen, but the women was still waiting for an answer. I could have said that it wasn't true. There was nothing between us.

 I could have lied and said that Gola and I were friends and that it had all been a misunderstanding. I wasn't going to say any of those things, though. I wasn't going to be myself. That hadn't done me any good. I was done being confused and always a step behind.

I brought a small smile back to my face and used my sweetest voice.

"People do always regret when they throw away a good thing!" I said cheerfully, as if the reporter and I were friends.

The woman started to nod her head agreeing.

"I bet he'll be crying his heart out tonight! You look fantastic!" The reporter mentioned loudly.

"Thank you!" I smiled, looking over at Martin. The asshole had an eyebrow raised. Even though I disliked him, I was still happy when he looked at me proudly. I had used the right answer.

The reporter was finally swallowed up by the rest of the people surrounding her. I thought the stupid carpet walk would never end, but it finally happened. There were even more flashes and pictures during the official opening ceremony. Martin even cut a long red ribbon that tied the doors together. Thankfully, I got to stand to the side of the action with Robert.

I was also thankful due to the fact that Robert had looked distant the moment we got out of the limo. The guy was seriously deep in thought, which was good enough to make me relax.

We were all herded into the building once the doors opened. Not many of the people that had been outside got to actually go in, which made everything feel insanely exclusive. Everyone donned their masks the minute we walked in. I had to admit that the place was really amazing.

 Black chandeliers hung from the ceiling, along with the expensive looking booths that lined most of the walls. The place itself was crazy large and the music blasted throughout. The overall mood was dark. Reds, blacks, and golds were the primary colors.

There were several waitresses, all dressed in angel costumes, wings and all. I noticed them at the same time as Minerva who stuck her nose in the air and stared one down with narrowed eyes. I didn't miss the fact that it was the same one offering Martin a drink.

"You would, you pervert." Minerva half yelled towards Martin, crossing her arms with a roll of her eyes. I had to look away when Martin looked down at her as if she were the most adorable thing in the world with a smile. Things were definitely funky between those two.

I wasn't overly fond of drinking or even getting drunk. Plus, I needed to keep my eyes out for the one couple that would probably make my night a living hell. Nevertheless, Robert ended up ordering me a drink anyway.

We both remembered the time we had double dated with Joshua and Gola and my horrible experience with whisky. It was surprising when I found myself getting comfortable and talking to Robert. Maybe it was the mask that was being helpful.

We were in the middle of talking, when I brought up something that had been on my mind for a while. Fuck acting nonchalant, I needed to know.

"Do you know if Joshua and Gola are here, yet?" I asked, trying to act as if I didn't care. I was just asking about the weather! Same thing, right? I scanned the room, trying to play it off as simply stretching my neck.

"He's not coming, Lilly." Robert told me, looking down towards the table. I got the feeling that he didn't want me to ask any more questions, but when had I ever listened to my instincts?

"How do you know?" I asked, almost accusingly. I don't know why I was so mad about Joshua not coming. It was probably because I was a total masochist and wanted to see him, even if Gola would have been hanging from his arm.

 I was so disappointed that it hurt, which only made me realize how much I loved him still. Sure, I wanted him to see what he was missing, but mostly I wanted to see him.

"I told him not to come." Robert finally admitted in a serious tone. I was so mad about it, that I didn't take the time to think about the fact that Robert had contact with Joshua. I was just angry because he had intervened. I guess the bitch fit was long coming, because I threw it when I heard Robert.

"Why would you do that?" I asked, half rising from the red and black booth.

"Lilly, I just thought it would be best!" He yelled, running a hand through his hair.

"Who the fuck are you to decide that?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes.

I was so fucking mad about the fact that I wouldn't see Joshua. I was simply through with hearing Robert. I made a half sprint away from him when it all became too much. I didn't stop to listen to what he had to say, even though I heard him calling my name.

I just needed a break from everything. I wanted to go someplace quiet to get myself together. I was going to convince myself that it didn't matter that I wouldn't be seeing Joshua, I just needed a place to do it.

I made my way towards the woman's bathroom, figuring it was the only place that Robert wouldn't follow me into. That was exactly what he was doing, I hadn't even needed to turn around. I could still hear him and his footsteps.

I ripped the door upon in a hurry and stopped dead when I saw what was happening in front of me. A couple had been heavily kissing, but broken away when I barged in. I really did have a tendency of catching people in action.

I was ready to just apologize and leave, until I caught sight of Minerva peeking from behind. Martin turned around right after with a look of death. He was obviously pissed about me walking in.

"Oh My-" I didn't even finish my sentence before I ran from that room as well. I did catch sight of Minerva start to yell at Martin.

Robert had been leaning against one of the walls when I strode back out.

"I knew you had to come out sometime." He claimed, not before I started run away from him. He realized that the chase wasn't over yet, because he started to follow right after.

Not only did I have to deal with not being able to see Joshua, I also had to put up with the fact that Minerva had been doing the tongue tango with Martin!

I kicked open the last door belonging to the lonely hallway I had been practically running through. I had lost Robert a little while ago. I would congratulate myself on my speed with my deathtrap for shoes later.

The chilly New York air bit into my skin, but it was exactly what I needed. I brought my hands up to my neck and leaned back, taking in as much air as possible. I didn't want to think about the stuff that had happened that say, particularly, the Minerva Martin incident. I wanted to erase that little image from my mind, thankyouverymuch.

Those moments really helped me clear my head. I was acting crazy. I should have been glad that I didn't have to see Joshua. He was the last thing I needed in my life. I needed a long while before crossing paths with him. I needed to be happy and strong, so that he could really see what he missed. I had acted crazy against Robert, who was only trying to protect me. Why, I didn't know.

I didn't notice when the door opened, so I only guessed it did. I turned ready to apologize for acting crazy. I couldn't really see Robert at all in the alley I was in, but I saw the beads on his mask shine. He didn't say anything, which only made me feel more like an asshole.

"Robert, I'm so sorry-" I was cut off when I felt his lips on mine.

I didn't expect my heart to speed up like it did. It felt like I had my heart weighing my chest down. My hands had a mind of their own when they went up towards his shoulders. His lips moved slowly against mine. I was expecting to feel indifferent, but it was totally opposite.

Everything felt right, and just like with Joshua, I forgot everything including my name. Martin and Minerva who?

I could feel his thumb making circles on my cheek as he deepened the kiss. I wasn't even thinking when all I wanted was to be closer.

I finally remembered who I was kissing, which made me pull away. I didn't want to even look Robert in the eyes after what had happened. Not that I could have, since the alley was completely dark. Once again, I made a run for it.

I really did have a thing for running away that night, which was ironic since I had picked the worst shoes to do it in.

"Jilly, wait!" He yelled.

I told myself that I hadn't heard him, even though the one thing I wanted to do was turn around and kiss him again. What the hell?

How could I feel this way with him? It was the exact same feeling I used to get with Joshua, and it was crazy.

I was done with the spotlight for that night. Luckily, I was able to pick out a cab that was passing though. I gave the driver my address as I sat on the cold leather seat rethinking the night.

When I got home, I still couldn't keep my mind from running. I knew that Andrew was asleep, because I heard snoring coming from the bedroom. I kicked of my heels and massaged my feet, before going up the stairs.

Damn, I realized that my brother was a really heavy sleeper when I practically cartwheeled into my room. I guess being loud was in our family genes.

I didn't bother taking off all the gunk on my face, even though I knew that paired with my bed head I would scare the shit out of people in the morning. I just needed to go to sleep and forget what had happened. I wasn't ready to have something going on with Robert. It was too weird and sudden. It didn't make sense. I thought all of this as I slipped out of my dress and pulled on my sweats.

He had asked me to wait, but I couldn't have. I had made the right choice by walking away. Jilly couldn't wait for Robert, but she could for Joshua. Jilly needed to admit that to herself.

That's when Jilly realized that she was an idiot. I realized that I was the biggest dumbass on the planet when Jilly did, because Robert didn't know who Jilly was.

Robert wouldn't have asked Jilly to wait, he would have asked Lilly.

No one called my Jilly, except Joshua.

AWW LOVE IS A MYSTERY PEOPLE! Lol just kidding! Hope you guys liked the chappie, I had fun writing it :) There is a picture of Lilly's outfit on the side, along with the perfect song for the chapter. Give it a listen because it's what was playing when Lilly ran from Robert and found Minerva with Martin!

On that note, There's only about 5 chapters left of Sugar Babe! BIG THINGS WILL HAPPEN PEOPLE. Anyone ready for some plot twists?:) lol Since we are fairly close to the end, I thought this was the perfect time to give you guys the description of the second book. You guys ready?:)

Liquor Lips

Ever wanted to punch someone in the face? Minerva Ashton has and she’s not going stop until she’s able to do it. Which is why she ends up trying to bring down the entertainment industries most powerful man. Pretty impressive, right? Not really. Minerva has no clue that she has her hands full with the cunning Martin Vance. Heck, she didn’t anticipate getting tangled into his web of deceit in the first place. What happens when the quirky girl stumbles into the spotlight and meets the biggest asshole imaginable? Lies, broken legs, and even love. That’s what.

So, there you guys have it!

Thank you so much for reading, commenting, voting, and fanning! It means the world! So, please vote and comment!:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 229 17
Anastasia Spica or mostly known as "Anna",just moved in to L.A. last week and wants to find a better job here.She's not really friendly and anti-soci...
265K 10.3K 49
Travis Swanson loved playing the guitar. He'd been doing it since he was a child, he loved acoustic for a slow and romantic feel, he loved electric w...
21.8K 819 28
~ π—–π—’π— π—£π—Ÿπ—˜π—§π—˜π—— 𝗦𝗧𝗒π—₯𝗬 ~ #1 π’Šπ’ π‘΄π’π’π’†π’š π‘―π’†π’Šπ’”π’• π’•π’‚π’ˆ 𝒐𝒏 24/12/2019 #1 𝒐𝒏 𝑨𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒓𝒐 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒆 π’•π’‚π’ˆ 𝒐𝒏 28/05/2020 #2 π’ŠοΏ½...
16.4K 521 17
two best friends, a shitty boyfriend, and inappropriate feelings. things are bound to get chaotic, just like gracie and august are 𝘣𝘰𝘢𝘯π˜₯ 𝘡𝘰 𝘧...