Betrayal Within (Editing)

By ClaireBaker_

Abby's senior year started off normal. She has great friends, good grades, and plans to audition for the annu... More

Quick author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 - Part 1
Chapter 6 - Part 2
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue
New Story Summary...
Deciding (Please Read)

Chapter 22

39 2 1
By ClaireBaker_

 © All Rights Reserved

I woke up with a killer headache. I slugishly got out of bed and drank Advil, before crawling back into bed. The weather seemed to match my mood. The sky was cloudy and it was sprinkling outside. Last night had been horrible. I didn't fall asleep until three in the morning. I stood up thinking about the stupid thing I did. Then I realized that it wasn't stupid at all. I had to keep reminding myself that I did this to protect my friends. I did this so that nobody else could get hurt. I did the right thing.

"Abby?" I picked up my head to see my mom caring a mug with her.

"Yeah?" I asked. She came and set the cup down on my nightstand.

"Scoot over," she said. I did and she came and lied down next to me. She pulled me to her and I silently cried. After I was done, she spoke. "What's wrong sweetheart?" I sighed and without looking up at her, I replied.

"I broke up with Seb," I said. My mom hugged me tighter to her.

"Why?" She asked softly. I knew it was no use in hiding it from my mom. So I told her everything. I told her how my attacker kept calling me. I told her how he threatened my friends' lives if I didn't break up with the guy I love. When I was done, I was crying. I was scared. Scared for my life. My mom got on the phone with Gale right away. She alos made another few calls, which she didn't let me hear.

Mom came back in the room after she was done. She gave me another cup of hot chocolate. I drank the warm liquid and sighed.

"Sweetheart, you know I love you right?" My mom asked me.

"Yeah," I said. "I love you too." She smiled then glanced at me with a worried expression.

"Well then you'll understand why I'm doing this right?" I looked at her confused. When I didn't say anything, she continued. "I'm getting you body guards."

"Okay," I said. She looked at me, surprised by my reaction.

"You're okay with it?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said. "I understand why." She smiled and hugged me.

"What do you say we do something today? Just me and you."

"You're not going into work?" I asked. My mom rarely missed work. She waved it off.

"They could handle things without me there," she said. "So what do you say?"

"Yeah sure," I said. She smiled again.

"Good be ready in twenty minutes." I smiled a small smile and got up from bed. I washed my face, then got dressed. I put on my purple off the shoudler jumper, dark skinny jeans, and my black Uggs. I ran a brush to my hair, then scrunched it up. I put on my black beanie, then headed out. I saw my mom getting her stuff. Instead of her normal work attire, she wore an Aeropostale sweater, her boots, and a pair of Adidas shoes. I smiled at her and we headed out.

"Where are we headed?" I asked.

"The mall," she said. She glanced at me. "You okay with that?"

"Yeah," I said. We drove with the radio playing softly in the backround. I stared out the window and just thought about everything. How could my life change so much in just a blink of an eye. This wasn't the senior year experience I wanted to have. It did bring one good thing out of it though. Well a couple of good things anyways. I ended up with Seb. I ended up falling in love. I ended loosing my virginity to somebody I knew was right.

"What are you thinking about sweetheart?" My mom asked me.

"Life," I replied.

"What about it?" She asked.

"How it's strange. How everything can change so fast and you don't even know it."

"I'm sorry you have to go through this sweetheart." I looked at her and faintly smiled.

"I'm sorry too," I said. In a matter of time I got attacked, almost lost a best friend, lost a brother, and broke up with the most amazing guy in the world. My life at this point absolutely sucked.

Mom drove up to mall and parked her car. The rain picked up a little, so we had to run to the entrance. We got in and the warm air hit my cold skin.

"Where do you want to go first?" My mom asked me. I shrugged.

"Your choice," I said. She nodded and we headed towards a small jewelry store. She picked out a few things before she paid and headed out. Next we headed to multiple clothing stores. My mom helped me pick out a few things. She bought me new boots, shirts, dresses, shorts, and skirts. I only bought two skirts since I really wasn't a big fan of them. After we had our hands full of bags I suggested that we go eat. I was really hungry.

"What about Panda Express?" Mom asked. I scrunched up my nose at that. The thought of Chinese didn't sit well with my stomach. My mom saw my reaction and looked at me confused. "I though you liked Chinese food?"

"I do, but the thought of it make my stomach sick," I replied.

"What do you want then?" She asked me. I thought about it and I knew what I was craving.

"McDonalds," I said. The thought of a Big Mac, fries, and a McFlurry made my mouth water. My mom shrugged and we waited in line. I got myself what I wanted and happily sat down with my mom. She had decided to get Panda Express. I munched happily on my food. It sure as hell curbed my craving.

"You were really hungry weren't you?" My mom asked me.

"Yeah," I smiled sheepishly. "I haven't ate since yesterday and it's already the afternoon."

"Are you going to school tomorrow?"

"Yeah," I said quietly. "I have no choice. I can't just skip everyday from now on." I was really nervous though. Just then my cell rang.

"Hello?"

"Abby?" I knew it was Sarah's voice.

"Yeah," I said.

"Why aren't you at school?"

"I wasn't in the mood to go," I replied. I would tell her but she had enough to deal with.

"Don't let the break up get to," she said. My body stilled. How did she know? "Seb told me. I called and asked him why he wasn't at school and he told me everything. You and I are going to talk. I can't believe you Abby!" She shouted the last part.

"Sarah I-"

"No excuses! I'll talk to you later." She hung up without another word.

"What was that about?" Mom asked me.

"The break up," I replied. Oh boy was I getting it.

Mom and I finished eating before we headed out on the road again.

"I thought we were headed home," I told my mom.

"Not yet," she said. "I have another surprise for you, well we have a surprise for you."

"Who's we?" I asked.

"You'll see," mom said. I shrugged and turned up the radio. Soon mom pulled up into a house I've been to many times before.

"What are we doing here?" I asked slowly. He wasn't home so I had know I idea why we were here. He always worked on weekdays. Before my mom got the chance to reply he came strolling out of the house. He looked at me and grinned. I threw open the car doors and threw my arms around his neck.

"Dad!"

"Hey kiddo," he said. He hugged me tightly to him. It's been a while since I've seen him, due to all the things going on. He set me on the ground and looked at me. "How you holding up kiddo?" I shook my head as tears threatened to spill out.

"Not good," I replied.

"Things will get better soon kiddo," dad told me.

"Promise?"

"Promise." I hugged him one more time before letting go and walking back to the car. I got in the back seat so that my dad could sit up front with my mom. Mom looked at me and smiled. Things between her and dad weren't that bad as they were before, but they weren't fixed either. They were okay.

"You might want to put this on kiddo," my dad said. He tossed me a purple jacket.

"I'm already warm," I said.

"I know but trust me, you'll need it." I shrugged and put it on. We drove for about a couple more minutes before mom pulled into the parking lot. I smiled at the familiar place. I got out and zipped up my jacket. It was always cold in there. Mom and dad walked inside with me. Once we got inside, I smiled at Betty.

"Abagail!" She exclaimed. I smiled at her. I've known her since I was a kid.

"Hey Betty," I said. I smiled at her. "Long time no see."

"You've grown so much since the last time I saw you," she said. "You look beautiful dear." I blushed and thanked her. "So what size are you going to need?"

"Seven and half," I replied. She nodded and handed me my skates. I thanked her again before running to go put them on. Ever since I was little my mom and dad always took me ice skating. I've haven't been here in about 3 years. I missed it so much and it was just the thing I needed to get my mind off of things. Betty came and sat next to me. She pulled me into a hug as soon as I was done putting on my skates.

"How've you been?" She asked me.

"I've been better," I replied honestly.

"What's wrong dear?" She asked me. Betty was about in her mid 50's. She reminded me a lot of my grandmother. She was so sweet and caring. I loved her since the first day I came to skate here.

"A lot of things are going on Betty," I said. "I just don't know what to do anymore." She took me hand in her small, warm ones.

"Look at me Abagail," she said. I turned and looked at her. "Things are going to get better dear. You're a smart, strong girl who I know can fix anything they put their mind rhrough. You'll figure something out, I know you will." I smiled at her and hugged her to me. "I miss your hugs Abagail." I giggled and pulled away.

"And I missed you," I told her. She smiled warmly at me.

"Go on then," she said. "Get on the ice. Let's see if you've still got it." I grinned and headed towards the entrance of the ice ring. As soon as I set foot on the ice, I forgot about everything. I put all my focus on doing the tricks I had learned a few years back. I focused on jumping and landing right.

An hour later, my parents and I were headed back. I thanked my dad for a good day. As soon as I got home, I thanked my mom again. I headed up to my room and barely got the chance to take off my jacket before my cell rang. It was Sarah.

"Hello," I said.

"I'm headed over," she said before clicking. I hung my jacket in my closet before heading back downstairs.

"Where are you going mom?" I asked.

"I'm going to pick up a couple of things from work. They needed to be mailed out today, so I have to pick them up, then drop them off at the post office." I nodded and went to the kitchen to get some water. Sarah came not five minutes after my mom left. As soon as I opened the door, Sarah barged in yelling at me. No surprise there though.

"What the hell is the matter with you Abby? Why would you hurt Seb like that? Him of all people too!"

"Sarah!" I shouted. She stopped and looked at me. She put her hands on her hips and waited for me. "I can explain."

"Oh you better," she said.

"Sarah, I'm serious. What I'm about to tell you, you can't tell anybody." She looked at me and nodded. We sat on the couch before I explained everything. I told her everything that I was hiding from her. She had tears spilling out of her eyes by the time I was done. I had some too.

"I'm so sorry Abby," she said.

"It's not your fault. It's mine. All this happened because of me. Ryan's dead because of me," I said, whispering the last part.

"I don't think he's dead," Sarah said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "The cops confirmed it."

"I know. You're going to think this is completely crazy."

"I won't. I promise," I told her. "What is it?"

"It doesn't feel like he's dead. I have a gut feeling that he's still alive. I just think he's in danger," she said. I nodded. I had the same feeling. She wasn't crazy, I understood her.

"Maybe it's up to us to find him," I whispered. Sarah looked at me and nodded.

"Maybe," she agreed.

*******************

The next day I went to school. Things were akward to say the least. In the morning, Seb stood as far away from me as possible. He was the only one who wouldn't talk to me. I couldn't blame him though. I hurt him in the worst way possible.

When lunch came around, I decided to go to outside. I let Sarah know. She told me that she would come with me, but I told her that I'd rather be by myself for a while. I was sitting outside, all the way on top of the bleachers. The cafeteria was right across from where I sat. I started thinking about everything again, which led to me in tears.

I was crying when my phone beeped with a message. I opened it, not bothering to see who it was from. I opened the message and my breathing stopped all together. More tears spilled down my cheeks. Oh God! Why the hell was this happening. I dropped my phone and struggled to get my breathing back to normal.

"Abby!" I heard someone shout. Suddenly I was lifted from the floor and felt patting on my back. "Abby breathe!" It was Nathan. I struggled over and over again to catch my breath. I just couldn't do it. "Abby take deep breaths. Calm down and count them," Nathan said. I did just that. Finally I was able to get my breath back. I pulled away from Nathan to look at him. "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Thanks," I said. I picked up my phone and tried to make my way around Nathan.

"Abbs?" Nathan asked. I looked at him. "What made you so freaked out?" I shook my head.

"Nothing," I said. This time I made my way around him. As soon as I was off the bleachers, I ran. I ran into the cafeteria and ran towards my friends. Tears were still running down my face. Students looked at me like I was crazy. I ran towards Sarah.

"Sarah!" I shouted. Instantly all heads popped up. Sarah stood up right away. I threw my arms around her and cried even more.

"What's wrong Abby?" Sarah asked. She pulled away to look at me. I shook my head.

"I got a message from him," I whispered so that only she could hear. Her eyes widened.

"What did it say?" Sarah asked.

"It was a picture," I croaked.

"Of what?" Sarah asked, her voice sord of shakey.

"Ryan," I whispered. "I need to go show this to the police right away." She nodded.

"Don't worry, I'll tell Mrs.Hart an excuse," she said. I nodded and hugged her. My eyes met with Seb's/ He looked worried, but then they turned back to the cold stare. I pulled away from Sarah and ran out of the cafeteria. I ran to my locker, grabbed my things, and left school.

I arrived at the police station in record time. When I entered some of the officers that I always saw, weren't surprised to see me there. I was headed to find Gale, when I bumped into Officer Tate.

"Abby?" He asked. I nodded. "What brings you here?"

"Do you know where Gale is at?" I asked.

"He's out on lunch right now," Officer Tate said. "Shouldn't you be in school?" I nodded. "Then what are you doing here?"

"I got a message from my attacker," I said.

"What kind of message?"

"It's disturbing," I said. "It's a picture."

"Of what?"

"Ryan," I said. "Has Gale been telling you what has been happening to me?"

"He has," Officer Tate told me. "Come have a seat." After I took my seat, I showed Officer Tate the photo.

"Was this just sent you?"

"Yes," I said. Once I was done, Officer Tate said I should get back to school, so I did. He told me that we would inform Gale about this as soon as he returned from his break. I pulled into the school parking lot and headed inside. I checked the time and headed towards the class I really didn't like going to.

When I walked in, people stared at me. The teacher looked at me and told me to have a seat. I sat down next to Seb, far away from him as possible. Class seemed to tick by slowly and I really hated it. The teacher ended up giving us work that needed to be done with your partner. As soon as class ended, I bolted out of the classroom.

It was now time for practice. We were happily doing our scenes, before Mrs.Hart gave us a 10 minute break. I was chatting with the girls, when Jen, one of Tracey's friends, bounded up to me.

"Hey Abby," she said. She said it as if we were the best of friends. "Can I ask you something?"

"You just did," I said. She laughed as if it were funny.

"Well I was just wondering if it's true you and Seb broke up?" She asked.

"Yeah she did. What the hell does that have to do with you?" Kate sneered.

"I was just asking," Jen said. I kept my eyes on her throughout the whole practice. When it came time to leave, I packed up my stuff. I was one of the last people to leave. Tracey came up to me as I was headed out.

"Hi Abby," she said. I faintly smiled at her.

"Hi Tracey," I said.

"I was wondering if you're still doing okay? I mean you know after what happened?" She asked. Together we walked outside.

"I'm doing fine. But if I had to be honest, I could be doing a lot better," I told her honestly.

"I'm really sorry about what you're going through. You shouldn't have to put up with things like this," she said.

"Thanks Tracey," I said. "Hey Tracey?"

"Yeah."

"I wanted to apologize," I said. She looked confused.

"For what?" She asked.

"For the fight," I said sighing. "It was stupid."

"I'm sorry about that too," she said. "And I'm sorry about believing those stupid rumors about you." For once we were having a conversation. "Funny how we can have a nice conversation without ripping each others heads off."

"I know," I said chuckling slightly. I then did something I didn't think I'd ever do. I hugged Tracey. And the most strangest thing about it was that she hugged me back. We pulled away and smiled at each other.

"For the record, you deserve that part in the play," she said.

"Thanks," I said smiling. We headed towards our cars, btu I stopped short when I spotted Seb talking to Jen. Tracey stopped and looked at what I was staring at. They hadn't noticed us, but we were able to hear what they were saying.

"I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out?" I heard Jen's voice say. Bitch. No wonder she was asking if it was true that Seb and I broke up. My heart broke just a bit more when I heard his reply.

"Yeah, I'd like that," he said. Tears sprang to my eyes and I ran to my car. It was then that they noticed us.

"You're such a bitch Jen," I heard Tracey sneer. I was just about to get in when I felt somebody pull me by my arm. It was Tracey.

"Don't let that get to you," Tracey told me. "Jen's just desperate." It surprised me that Tracey of all people was talking about one her so called 'friends' like that. "Ignore her and him. If he's stupid enough to say yes, then he's a jerk that doesn't deserve you." With that said, she turned and headed towards her car. I looked at Seb, his eyes meeting mine. I knew I looked hurt and betrayed that he'd go out with somebody so soon after our break up. I got in my car and drove home, ignoring the pain in my heart.

*******************

Weeks had gone by without me talking to Seb. I hadn't really talked to any of my friends. My mom, as prmoised, got me the body guards. So now I was driven to school, picked up from it, and watched like a hawk 24/7. The only friend I ever talked to now was Sarah. I rarely talked to Nathan. Everyday was the same thing. I went to school, went to pratice, came gome, and did my homework. The play was nearing and I was nervous as hell. It was now Thursday. I had lunch by myself as usual, outside on the bleachers. I would alwayd blast up my music, and eat silently. It was now the period after P.E. and my stomach was feeling funny. We didn't do much in P.E. The teacher wasn't here today, so we had a sub. All I did was sit down and talk to Sarah.

I walked into class and swayed for a bit. My eyes met Seb's worried ones. I swayed again while walking to my seat. I sat down and put my head down for abit before looking back up. It must've been something I ate. Yeah that was probably it. Class began as usual, my stomach still felt weird. It was in the middle of the lesson when I felt like I wanted to throw up. Without asking the teacher, I bolted up from my seat and ran to the nearest girls' restroom. As soon as I was there, I threw up. I slumped my head against the cold tiles. I felt so dizzy and sick. I got up  and rinsed my mouth before heading back to class. When I walked back in, I asked the teacher if I could speak with her.

I told her what had happened and if I could go to the nurse. She wrote me a pass and I headed down there. When I got there I told her what had happened and if I could go to the nurse. She wrote me a pass and I headed down there. When I got there Mrs.Willis greeted me.

"Hi Abby," she said. "What brings you here?"

"I'm not feeling so well," I said. My stomach still hurt a little.

"What's wrong?" She asked me.

"I kind of just threw up," I said, grimacing.

"Did you eat?" I nodded. "What did you eat?"

"The school food," I replied.

"I know that sweetheart, but what was it?" She asked.

"A chicken sandwhich and salad," I answered.

"It probably didn't sit well with your stomach," she said.

"But I've ate that before," I said. "Nothings ever happened."

"Maybe this time it just didn't sit well." I nodded. I thought about it for a while, before a thought occured to me.

"Can I get a pass to go home?" I asked. She nodded and gave me one. I took it and went to grab my stuff from class. I showed the teacher that pass and she let me go. I thanked the lucky stars that I told my mom, I didn't want my body guards to be around today. As soon as I got home, I ran up to my room and checked my calendar. I was late. Shit. I was late. I was late. The word repeated over and over in my head. I thought about it. I couldn't be, could I? I mean we used protection. That's not possible. This isn't possible. Right? Hours passed by before I decided to just get what I needed. I drove to the nearest pharmacy and picked up a couple of boxes of pregnancy tests. The lady behind the counter looked at me with pity in her eyes. I paid and grabbed the bag. As soon as I was home, I drank lots of water. When I needed to use the bathroom, I did what needed to be done.

I pulled out the four boxes and took out three from each box. Once I was done, I prayed with all my heart that this wasn't what I thought it was. The next three minutes were agony. It was the longest three minutes of my life. Once the three minutes were up, I slowly walked inside my en-suite. I looked at the twelve sticks and tears sprang to me eyes.

Each and every one had a postive sign. I closed my eyes and slid down the the floor. Tears spilled out of my eyes as I lay my hand on my stomach.

Where mine and Seb's child would grow.

*********************

Song Of The Chapter: Never Say Never by The Fray ♥

Please don't forget to Comment, Vote, and if possible Fan! (:

Now this is NOT and I repeat NOT a teenage pregnancy story! Please do continue reading it! I mentioned that I already knew how this story is planned out. This was part of the plan, it wasn't just a spur of the moment type thing. I wanted this to happen for a reason! You'll see why later on! (:

Thanks For Reading!

-ForeverYours14♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 552 30
"𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴" 𝘐 𝘨𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘵 𝘓𝘶𝘤𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗- 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛-𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝙸𝚜𝚊𝚋𝚎�...
118K 2.1K 37
We always wanted what we couldn't have. "Tell me you didn't feel anything," he pleaded. It was as if he was begging not to feel anything. How could...
1.3K 119 16
Who knew my life could be this complicated? So many lies, so much hate, and so much drama. It may get out of hand and murders, mysteries and killers...
4.8K 51 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...