My Mate, The Dragon

By Swloxie

Look at that amazing cover art by @sweettner Please check her out below! https://my.w.tt/qyi9NG3Lb5 - Sheila... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
EPILOGUE (1)
SEQUEL(?)
EPULOGUE (2)

Chapter Sixty-Four

36.6K 1.5K 199
By Swloxie

January 4th, 2019

[Important Message at the Bottom. Please Read... :,)]

Sheila

    The most unsexy part about war is logistics. I stood there with a clipboard in my hand, checking off my checklist of food. "You," I pointed to a blue horned dragon, "grab someone and bring this over there," I first pointed to the stacks of grain and then to where the pack dragons were located. I saw him open his mouth to protest, "Oh? What were you doing before now?" I crossed my hands over my chest, the clipboard now at my waist, tapping my foot.

    "A-ah, n-nothing," he whistled for his friend to come over to where we are, "help me bring this," I waved them off after they said "goodbye, my queen," then went back to shouting orders. It was the break of dawn, the sun wasn't even in the sky, yet here we were working as hard as bees.

    Soon the piles of grain were done being distributed amongst their carriers, and I had a break to look out at the sunset peering up over the hills. I let out a sigh, my family was being covered by the light. Even though I knew that they were always with me, I now felt relief and safety in the darkness.

    "Sheila," someone placed a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Cebrus with a stern look on his face. "You fight alongside me," He squeezed my shoulder then launched into the air, having a gust of wind fly up into my face I was shocked still.

    It took me a moment to register inside my brain, "wait..." I huffed a smile on my face. I don't know if it was a compliment or an insult because he was the third king to tell me I'm fighting alongside them. Maybe they were worried about me dying again, but I knew that wasn't what I worried about.

    If I died, I died for a good cause. What was my main worry was making sure my mate or my friends didn't die alongside me. Because if I died, I died protecting the things I love, my mate, my friends, my people. I saw a shadow of someone and that snapped me out of my daydream. I knew that shadow.

    It was my father, or my 'father'. I frowned and watched him weave through the tents, then something hit me. Wait. Why was the werewolf king here? Shouldn't he be within his kingdom? They were the reserves after the number of casualties dealt in the last battle. "King Saarik," I shouted, rushing after him. He came to a halting stop.

    It pissed me off that I couldn't even call my father 'dad' like a normal child should. I came to a stop, he was huffing in my presents. He had grey eyes and greying black hair, just like myself. "Sheila-," relief was in his eyes then he stopped himself and re-address the situation, "Queen Sheila, Queen Maeve of the Faeries has surrendered."

    "Has Azai surrendered," I narrowed my eyes. I didn't give a damn what the queen had done to save her own skin, I want to know what the traitor had done. I saw my 'father' shake his head, then I just shrugged. "Then the attack must go on, though I will make sure she will be spared. Is that all, King Saarik?" His eyes widen and he nodded his head, I was dismissing him, and it felt so good.

    I turned on my heels, "go home King Saarik, you are not needed here yet." I smiled at the news that I had just received. If the queen of Faeries has surrendered, that means we could use them as a puppet country and use their men for this war. We could frame Azai's death as the death of a traitor so that the Faeries will be up in arms trying to redeem themself for the conflict. Everything that was needed was falling into place.

    I looked up at the sky once more, "they don't know what's coming."

--

    "Tell me why there are all four of us here?" Xion said looking down the row of people at Zaivinth, Myself, then Cebrus at the end.

    "I'm protecting my mate," he wrapped a hand around my armored waist, drawing me closer to him.

     "I don't need your protection," I scoffed and tried to unwrap his hand from my hip, but he just held it tighter. I debated pulling my sword out of it schethe and chopping his hand completely off, though I don't think that would win the 'mate of the year' award with that action.

    "You died." He glared into my eyes, and I glared right back.

    "It was one time." I rolled my eyes and wiggled out of his grasps.

    "Normally you only die one time," Xion pointed out, "I'm glad you are the exception." He smiled one of those rare smiles. "I don't know what I would have done knowing that I was the reason my best friends mate died," His expression clouded over.

    "It wasn't your fault that I died," I moved in between Zaivinth and Xion. "If anything it was my fault," I smiled placing a hand on his armored arm. "Like I said," I stood up on my toes and whispered into his ear, "I would do it again."

    "No!" Growled Zaivinth as he grabbed me by the hips and threw me over his shoulder. I gasped and started banging on his back.

     "Let me go you barbarian!" I pounded on the obsidian metal, which probably ended up hurting me more than him. I kicked and wiggled though nothing resulted in helping me escape.

    "I'm not playing games with you, dear," he growled and it sent shivers down my spine. He was mad. He was really mad. "You will not die for anyone, ever!" I stared wide-eyed at the men trailing behind us who stood looking worried at me. "Just the thought..." He growled and I could practically see him raising his fist in anger.

    I looked to my men again, this time pleading with my eyes. There were people who were mouthing words like 'apologize' or 'can you fight back?' and I sighed going limp over his shoulder. I think it would be best if I apologized. "Im sorry."

     "You apologize and don't mean it," I looked at his butt, still moving. I didn't realize that he had such a nice butt till now. Maybe there was something good that came out of being forced to be thrown over his shoulder.

     "No! I mean it!" I said, the distress of the blood rushing to my head taking over. "I take it back, let me go!" I smacked his butt.

    "Promise." He growled, he looked over his shoulder at me, his blue eyes narrowed into slits.

    "On the moon, I promise," sorry mom.

    He sighed and slapped my butt back before letting me off his shoulder and allowing me to walk next to him. "I thought I was about to carry you into battle." He said sighing looking ahead.

    "You should know that I was going to apologize before we had even arrived," I looked up at him with confusion in my eyes.

    "I know but..." he pointed ahead and I followed his finger with my eyes. The gigantic white castle on the mountain came into view.

    "We have arrived." My eyes widened at the castle ahead. I turned on my heels and put my hands to my mouth.

    "Everyone prepare to siege!"

--

ALL HANDS ON DECK!

ms-anXRCp.gif

Do you think Azai knows its coming?

What will happen when Sheila comes across the queen?

How do you think they will raid?

--

IMPORTANT NOTE!

I think people need to hear more about this!

I'm from America, but everyone everywhere should know that Australia is currently on fire. Animals (like koala's, yeah those cute creatures) and people alike are getting their homes burnt to ash.

So, how to help?

Link to donate to the Wildlife

www.wires.org.au/donate/emergency-fund

Link to donate to the People

www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/about-us/fundraising

I'm sure they would appreciate the help!!

ONE MORE THING!

So, I'm a high school student, about to go to college, ;,) I was wondering if it would be a good idea to make a Patreon to try and support myself. On there I would post chapters in advance on there before I could post it here, and it would also be where I would post the X rated chapters.

Is that a good idea? Are there any other ideas/solutions?

Thank you so much for all the support lately! <3

Comment and Vote Pwease.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
1.5M 58.2K 32
She has survived. For twenty years she has been running through the woods with the sole purpose of finding a pack that will take her in. Only problem...
3.4M 118K 86
Mates are found before you turn 22 - that's the rule. If you don't, you are branded. Being branded as an Unfortunate isn't easy, and you can't come...
124K 3.3K 26
Cover made by dogpower77 - Raven is just like any other 18 year old on the planet, with a few exceptions. One, she's a Werewolf. A Werewolf that wi...