The Badass Babysitter Vol.2 ✓

Od Nayakhicoshi

[Highest Rank Achieved #15 in Humor as of October 8 2018; #24 in adventure, #3 in Babysitter] Volume 2 of The... Více

Volume 2
Chapter One: Date
Chapter 2: Party
Chapter 3: Tinola
Chapter 4: Endearment
Chapter 5: Haup Beast
Chapter 6: Night Hug
Chapter 7: Jealous
Chapter 8: Nanang & Tatang
Chapter 9: Kiss me
Chapter 10: Meet
Chapter 11: Landlord
Chapter 12: Kapitan
Chapter 13: Serpens
Chapter 14: Her Throne
Chapter 15: Cloud 9
Chapter 16: Protection
Chapter 17: Bitch
Chapter 18: Costume Party
Chapter 19: How are you?
Chapter 20: Wish granted
Chapter 21: Bruises
Chapter 22: Forgive and Forget
Chapter 23: Wounded
Chapter 24: Apple for a day
Chapter 25: Favor
Chapter 26: Holdapers
Chapter 27: Farewell
Chapter 28: Luggage
Chapter 29: Housemate
Chapter 30: Junakis the sixth
Chapter 31: Baby Tiger
Not an update!
Chapter 32: Ella es la muerte
Chapter 33: The little compass
Chapter 34: Cuddles and I love you
Not an Update
Chapter 35: Alien
Chapter 36: Old Friend
Chapter 37: Back to School
Chapter 38: Colours
Chapter 39: Ruin
Chapter 40: Embrace
Chapter 41: Officer
Chapter 42: Hemisphere
Chapter 43: Princess Tatiana Quvenzane Schleswig of Greece and Denmark
Chapter 44: Heat
Chapter 45: Dagger
Chapter 46: Quarantine
Chapter 47: Grounded
Chapter 48: Reunion
Chapter 49: Isaiah's Birthday
Chapter 50: Sneak peak
Chapter 51: Home run
Chapter 52: Family Dinner
Chapter 53: Lose
Chapter 54: Moving on
Chapter 55: Explode
Chapter 56: Back to the old times
Chapter 57: War zone (part 1)
Chapter 57: War zone (Part 2)
Chapter 59: Welcome-Goodbye
Chapter 60: Genesis
VOLUME 3
Book 3 is out!

Chapter 58: Final plan

11.4K 593 233
Od Nayakhicoshi

I'm really, really sorry for the super late update. First month of a year wasn't so nice to me kaya kailangan kong tumigil muna sa pag-update pero ngayon ay nagbabalik na ako! Thank you for waiting and enjoy this chapter. Two more to you and we're The Badass Babysitter Volume 2 will be completed 😉

-Naya

CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT

NORTHERN

I groaned out loud when my face meet the cold ground. They love throwing me like a garbage bag, like some worthless bitch, dirty rag, and like someone who has an horrible smell. Speaking of stench, I smell terrible. My clothes are still the same when I was captured, the classy dress was now tainted with blood, sweat and tears. My thousand dollar cologne was now replaced by a raging rat smell. My hair was messy and sticky, I wouldn't be surprised if a family of bird will rest on the top of my head. My signature and limited shoes was now gone, leaving my feet in devastated and horrible look. How about my face? Nevermind. I wouldn't want to know or see how my face looked like now. Mas kakayanin ko pa ang paghihirap na ginagawa sa akin ni Akari kesa makita ang mukha kong iniingatan ko dati.

Fresh blood spurted out between my lips when someone forcefully stepped my back making my body arched in pain. My limbs trembled, temple throbbed, vision spinning and throat dry like Sahara. I was wondering why I am still alive despite all the tortures I experienced.

"No one is gonna save her, patay na ang tagaligtas niya kaya hayaan niyo nalang na mamatay siya ng kusa diyan, but since someone requested me to kill her with his bare hands, I will leave it to him." I heard Akari's voice before the door shut closed, forcefully, leaving me in my worst state.

Despite my exhaustion and pain, I still managed to propel my hands on the ground and look behind only to confirm I was really alone in a foreign room. A sobbed escaped from my lips when I felt the loneliness overcome me once again. Her words linger in my head, sending waves of pain and anger in my chest. The pain was to much to bear so I give up my hands and ball on the ground, crying loudly, helplessly.

I knew Akari's wicked plan. She deceit my sister and lead her to a wrong place with bomb ticking inside. I was there when she planned it out, she made me knew everything as a part of my misery. Part of her entertainment was to see me tormented and begging for mercy and I was too vulnerable to even think about her satisfaction if I stood low. Nothing matters to me but my family's safety. South, of all people doesn't deserve this. I begged her to kill me instead but she refused and wanted me to witness how my love ones die, one by one.

I couldn't take the pain. I couldn't imagine how dreadful the explosion was, it was a nightmare thinking South was trapped inside that building. There must be someone with her. Right, her friends. Atarah, Coby, Rucc and Vape. They are probably with her, sorting things out together like a team. Someone should notice there is something off and dragged South out of the building. Matatalino sila at mahuhusay kaya makakaligtas sila.

I didn't let myself drowned with negativity. Kailangan kung kumapit. Hindi pwedeng mapahamak si South at mga kaibigan nito. And Vape, damn, we might not be in a good relationship but I still love him so much. It would drove me insane if there's something terribly happened to him.

God, please no..

I punch my chest, hoping the pain could go away but it just tighten more, forbidding me to breath without difficulty.

Exhausted, I lay on the cold hard ground feeling numb and limply to move. Tears kept streaming down from my face but I was too tired to care. Narinig ko ang pagbukas ng pintuan ngunit hindi ako gumalaw para silipin kong sino ang pumasok. I hope it was Death who came to dragged me to hell. I wouldn't mind. I was actually wondering if being dead would be a lot easier than being alive. Heaven or hell, I won't complain.

From my peripheral vision I saw five men circled around me with their rifles. They stood silent, so I lay silent. A shiny leather shoes stopped in front of me. Alam ko kaagad na mamahalin ang sapatos at ang slacks na suot nito, his expensive scent linger in my nostrils but I didn't dare to look up to see who it was. Tayo palang niya alam ko na kung sino ito.

The devil has arrived.

"Just kill me already" I said, voice weak from crying.

"Oh, someone just gave up, huh?" He mocked. He sat on his feet and lean forward to see my face. His stern yet mischievous gaze look down at me like I was some dying fish who he cannot wait to grill. Lachlan smells good, I cannot deny that but behind his luxury, a rotting devil live inside him. And I just hated him so much.

Much to my surprise, he grip my chin firmly, he snapped my head back to his direction making me flinched. He's too strong, too powerful and I was too weak to complain.

I felt shiver run down my spine when I met his cold, dark eyes. Hair behind my neck stood just as he lean closer to me. Heart pounding tightly, breath heaving, lips trembling, I tried to look away but he quickly catch my gaze, making me only focus my eyes at him.

"L-let go of me."

He only smirked and reach something behind his back. His eyes spark with amusement upon seeing my horrified look. I was ready to die yet I don't want it him to kill me.

"Now, now, now, isn't exciting? I am dying to kill one of the Benedicto. Hindi man si South pero at least it's someone Annunciata treasured" he sung. I could see his dark eyes flaming with anger. I trembled beneath his touch, this made him grin with satisfaction. "North Benedicto is scared? What a surprise. Don't worry sweetheart, you won't be lonely there. Oh, South is probably waiting on you, miss her already? Alright, let's not take this longer." He pointed his gun on my forehead. I shiver at the coldness, it feels like it was prep-ing me for my lifeless body awaits.

Sakabila ng takot na nararamdaman ay nagawang umakyat lahat ng dugo sa ulo ko. I'm angry-no, furious. I clenched my fist and glare at him.

"Rot in hell!" I screamed, suddenly feeling high. Sinubukan kong kumawala sa hawak niya ngunit masyado itong malakas. I wasn't strong enough to inflict pain on him.

He only smirked at my remark and reload his gun. "Say bye, Benedicto."

I closed my eyes and let new fresh tears fall on my cheeks. Ngayon na ba talaga? Siya ba talaga ang papatay sa akin?

I heard a gun shots but no excruciating pain overcome me, instead, grunts and cries of someone in pain echoes around me. Then Lachan suddenly let go of me and I felt him gone in front of me. I snapped my eyes open only to grew it wide when I saw him shooting his men. The last man tried to tackle him but Lachlan quickly held the man's neck and twisted it, creating a loud broken bones then suddenly, the man fell on the ground, lifeless.

Lachlan puffed loudly and caress his disheveled suit. "I never thought this would be so easy" he mumbled, tucking his gun on his pants waist behind. He then looked back at me, eyes sparkling with amusement.

I unconsciously crawled backward until my back met a solid wall that trapped me with him. My eyes were wide, mouth parted in shocked then my gaze went to the men lying lifeless on the ground, then back to him, then back to his men again.

I was so shocked-confused even.

"You can now breath, Benedicto" he mused, and that is when I realized I was holding back my breath.

"Oh my God! Y-you're.."

He tsked and my brows furrowed when he walked past me and went towards the window I didn't notice was there. Opening the faded glass and stepping aside, a redhead woman crawled from outside making me scream.

Lachlan looked at me weirdly.

"What took you so fucking long?!" A familiar voice snarled angrily.

I closed my parted mouth and swallowed slowly when the redhead woman lifted her gaze at me. She eyed me then smirk.

"Wow, you looked terrible, best friend."

My heart pound too hard inside my chest, not with pain anymore but with so much emotion. I think I'm gonna explode.

"I-I thought you doesn't want me to be your best friend?" pumiyok ako kasabay ng paghapdi ng mga mata ko. Despite the tears threatening to fall, I manage to smile at her.

Ngayon lang ako natuwa na makita si Atarah.

"Oh geez!" She finally entered the room with her guns hanging on her body. There are bruises on her face and her leg seems to be unsteady. Clapping her hands to wag the dirt, she looked at me and smile. "Are you kidding me? I just realized you're better to be friend than South. Mayaman ka kaya gagamitin kita!"

I chuckled while struggling to stand up, I was about to fall on the ground when an arm snake around my shoulders. I looked up only to see Atarah looking down at me with worried eyes. Dala ng pinaghalu-halong emosyon ay niyakap ko ito ng mahigpit. She froze but hug me back eventually.

I sobbed at her chest.

She sighed and patted my back. "Ipangako mong ilibre mo ako sa mamahaling restaurant, and sponsor my motorbike's gas for a lifetime."

Tumango ako habang sunud-sunod pa rin ang pagtulo ng mga luha ko. Nababasa ko na ang damit niya ngunit mukhang okay lang naman ito sakanya. "I promise!"

"Fuck! What took him so long?" Bigla ay nairita si Atarah.

I pulled away from her embraced and wipe my tears. She looked annoyed, irritated rather.

Takang taka ako kung sino ang tinutukoy niya ngunit agad ding napukaw ang kuryusidad ko ng marahas na bumukas ang pintuan. I jumped, nearly falling me back to the ground but thanks to Atarah's firm grip on my shoulders, I steadied myself immediately.

"Oh, you're here. Akala ko napatay ka na sa labas."

Curious, I lifted my gaze towards the door only to be frozen on my feet when my eyes met the longing yet furious eyes of the newcomer. He was on his usual black shirt, black pants and messy hair, he looked casual only the rifle hanging on his hand that made him the devil's friend look.

We stared at each other longer. Both held the longing and sadness on the eyes, mabilis ang tibok ng dibdib ko, nakalimutan ko na rin ang huminga, good thing he was the one who averted his gaze ngunit hindi nakaligtas sa paningin ko ang guilt sa mga mata niya. I gasped for air as if I was choke. Seeing him brought too many memories in my head. Seeing him was painful yet its calming. I felt pain but good. He wasn't the most expected person in my list but seeing him felt.. everything.

Ngayon ko lang napagtanto na nami-miss ko na siya. God, how I wanted to run and throw myself at him but my legs oppose to what my heart wants.

Then suddenly, I heard loud and familiar squeak behind him. The door went wide as three young innocent men appeared behind him.

My eyes quickly grew wide when I saw East, West and Josiah holding a gun. Hindi ko alam kung saan ako magugulat, iyong makita sila o ang makita na may hawak silang mga baril.

"Ate North!"

Suddenly, my brothers throw their guns and run at me almost knocking me out but thank God to Atarah-again for steadying me. I was too shocked to register that it was my brothers hugging me so tightly. I felt odd but familiar. They felt small in my arms, they felt weak but their familiar warmth settled me. Sa halos isang linggo naming hindi pagkikita-kita, nanibago ako.

I wrapped my weak arms around them as I felt their hot tears on my skin, burning my wounds and adding pain inside my chest. Hindi ko napigilan ang sarili at napahagulgol na rin sa tuwa at awa sakanila. They are too young to be here, too young to experience this.

"O-okay lang ba kayo? Sinaktan ba nila kayo?" sunud-sunod kong tanong habang sinisipat sila ng tingin. Nakahinga ako nang maluwag ng makita na wala silang galos.

"W-we're fine, Ate" East answered, he was trembling. Fear gave him anxiety. I kissed his forehead and hugged them more tightly. Kung pwede lang hindi na ako bumitiw. Ayokong malayo ulit sakanila.

We cried and it seems like no one dare to stopped our dramatic reunion.

Hinaplos ko ang maliliit na mukha ng mga kambal ko. West is a little broader and he was the eldest brother, five seconds before East followed him. He might be the eldest but he was mostly looked like the youngest. More mischievous than his brother. East, on the other hand was a little skinnier though he looked healthy. Mas matured siya minsan, ngunit madalas ay katulad ni West ang takbo ng utak. He often acts around the house like he was the eldest than me. Walang manners pero hindi nakakabastos. They were both nurtured properly, spoiled even. Magkahawig man ay mabilis mo pa ring masasabi kung sino si East at kung sino si West sakanila. They we're alike but differed.

Sobra ang awa ang naramdaman ko ng mapansin na napabayaan sila. They didn't give them the right foods and it seems like sleep wasn't generous on them too. I feel so sad and furious. Hindi ko sila pinapabayaan tapos mangangayayat lang sila dito? I'm really gonna kill Akari for this. I swear.

"Kinuha kami ng puting Van, Ate. Sabi nila pinapasundo kami ni Daddy" West sobbed. Pinunasan ko ang mga luha nila bago muling niyakap. "We were so scared.."

I rubbed West back. He was the most emotional. And I feel bad for them for experiencing this.

"M-mabuti nalang dumating si Kuya Vape. Niligtas niya kami, Ate."

I glance at Vape who's eyes still focused on me. The longing on his eyes looked permanently stayed in there. Nang tila mapapaso ako sa tingin niya ay umiwas ako kaagad.

"Nandito na ako, hindi ko kayo pababayaan" I said then I noticed their other companion. "Josiah?"

Ngumuso siya bago tumingin sa akin at kay Atarah. Palipat-lipat ang tingin niya sa amin na tila gustong magsalita ngunit hindi alam kung sino ang kakausapin sa aming dalawa.

I scanned him and relief washed over me when I saw he was okay. He was dear to me just like my brothers. Baka mabaliw din ako kapag may nangyaring masama sakanya.

"It's okay kiddo. Come here, you're safe now" Atarah beckoned him. Agad lumapit ito sakanya at yumapos habang humihikbi. He looked scared just like my brothers, tila na trauma sila sa pagkadakip sakanila. "It's okay..."

Someone cleared his throat, that is when I realized Lachlan was watching us with blank face. I pulled away from my brothers and shove them behind me, I stood in a protective stance as I glared at Lachlan who leaned against the wall untrouble.

Nahalata ni Atarah ang biglang pagkaalarma ko kaya bumitaw din siya kay Josiah at huminga ng malalim. She turned to me and wince at my murderous face.

"This is your fault! I'm going to kill you!" I screamed at him but he just scoffed and looked away.

"This is not the right time for that, North--" Atarah held my arm but I shove it away.

"No!"

Lachlan caress his suit and looked at me, I almost run and strangle him when he throw me a bored look.

"Can you stop whining like a baby? You're too far from your sister" he said nonchalant.

My anger fueled more at his remark. "Don't you dare compare me to my sister!"

"Hays, ano ba 'to? Kalma muna, okay?" Atarah soothing voice somehow calm me but the lust in my blood to kill Lachlan stayed inside me. "I'll explain everything later but for now we need him alive, okay?" she said giving him a look. "He still saves us."

I laugh sarcastically. "I-I'm going to kill him first!" asik ko habang nakaturo ang daliri sa lalaki.

Atarah dragged my finger down. "Kalma lang, mamaya mo na siya patayin" she assured me.

"Wait!" tumingin ako sakanya. Kunot ang noo ko at puno ng pagdududa. "Do you know him?"

She only gave me an are-you-kidding-me-look. "Some stupid bastard from organization" she answered nonchalantly.

"Organization? What organization?"

"Sigma Dynasty. Alam mong Nanay mo ang bumuo no'n 'di ba? Tapos si South kunwari ang magre-reyna pero dahil suwail si best gumuho ang pangarap ni mother."

So she's part of that organization too. Does that mean.. I looked at Vape who averted his gaze for the first time. Bakit ba ako nagtaka? Kung nasaan si South nandoon din ang mga kaibigan niya. I should have been expected this.

"We better go before Akari notice us" he spoke for the first time. He glance at me and his eyes linger for a moment before averting it again.

"You cannot use the door, there are more than twenty men guarding the hall" Lachlan said.

"Oh, don't worry about them" Vape answered.

"We already killed them-well, si Kuya Vape lang pala" East said proudly.

I remembered them ship-ing South and Vape. They adore the two that they even wished they could end up together. Kibit balikat lang ako noon pero ngayon ay naapektuhan na ako. Ano kaya ang mararamdaman nila kapag nalaman nilang may namamagitan sa amin ng favorite nilang Kuya?

"Let's go then" Lachlan said, he walk towards the exit but quickly stopped when someone knocked on the door.

We stilled, exchange confused look at one another then turn at the closed door again. My brothers hide their selves behind me. Atarah and Vape gripped their gun while Lachlan pull his gun behind him. He signaled us to stay in the corner. We obliged while Vape and Atarah stayed in front of us trying to hide us from danger.

"Pasukin niyo!" A faint voice spoke outside.

I hugged my brothers as the door swung open. Lachlan stood still, compose and calm. Mahigit sampung mga lalaki ang pumasok, armado at malalaki.

"Sir, nakatakas ang mga bihag!" They haven't noticed us yet since their back was facing us.

"Yeah, I freed them."

"Ha--"

They turn their heads on us but before they could react, Vape and Atarah shoot them one by one. Bigla ay naubusan ng bala si Atarah kaya mabilis niyang hinugot ang espada.

Everything happened in just few swift movements. Pinapatumba ni Lachlan ang mga kalaban gamit ang physical na lakas, si Vape gamit ay ang baril. Maliksi at mabilis naman ang galaw ng babae kaya kahit hindi pa nakakadepensa ang mga kalaban ay tumba na sila kaagad. She finished the last man with a dramatic landing on the ground. One bended knee, head down and sword bleeding. Her red hair swaying cooly behind her.

"Fuck, I just came from laundry!" Lachlan complaint while trying to brush off the blood stain on his black coat.

"Let's go" Vape said ignoring him.

Wala ng mga bantay pagkalabas namin, the corridor was now in total silent, men lying lifeless on the ground. Hawak ko sa magkabilang gilid ang mga kapatid ko samantala na kay Atarah naman si Josiah. Lachlan lead our way while Vape stayed behind us.

Bigla ay napatigil kami ng makarinig ng sunud-sunod na putok ng baril sa ibaba ng building. I looked at Atarah curiously but she remained silent.

Sunod akong tumingin kay Lachlan. "Is that.. South?"

He shook his head and sighed. "She's here."

She? Who? South?

"Take the stairs to the left corridor. I'll meet you in the forest" he looked at Vape who nooded.

"W-where are you going?" tanong ko.

He looked at me, I noticed Vape gave me a glare but I ignore him.

"I have to see Akari."

I flinched at the name. Uminit agad ang ulo ko ngunit nanatili akong kalmado. "What if she kill you?"

"That would be great" Vape interject.

Hindi ko ulit siya pinansin.

"Don't you want me dead?" Lachlan mocked and my face flushed.

"O-of course!"

"Dead or not, you wouldn't care, North."

Oh God, can I slap myself? I should hate him for kidnapping me but the way he say my name-I felt Vape's heated glare at the two of us so I cleared my throat.

"Whatever." Tumingin na lang ako kay Atarah na may nagtatakang tingin sa aming tatlo.

Lachlan took the opposite direction. Hindi ko maiwasang lumingon sakanya. I still hated him and I still want to kill him but he helped us. He's dangerous yet I felt safe. Nababaliw na siguro ako.

"Stop looking at him" Vape interrupted my gaze.

Masama ang tingin ko sakanya ngunit lumaban siya. "You don't tell who I want to look."

"Of course, I tell. Your eyes should only see me and only me."

I fell silent while Atarah's mouth fell open.

My face flushed but I remain to be hard at him. "H'wag kang umakto na parang pagmamayari mo ako" I snapped angrily.

"Bakit hindi ba?"

My jaw clenched. "I'm not yours and never will be."

He smirked which fuel my anger. Kung hindi lang ako nanghihina baka nasugod ko na ito ng halik-este, suntok.

"We'll see."

I glare at him. He really knew how to play with my heart and mind. He knew my weaknesses and I regret being vulnerable at him from the first place.

"North and Vape doesn't sound good to me kaya iisipin ko nalang na wala akong narinig" malamig na sabi ni Atarah.

Umiwas ako ng tingin at hindi nalang nagsalita. Vape intense stare linger at me but I refused to give him any glance.

He's not worth of my attention.

"Your friend looked dangerous, Ate Atarah" West said, referring to Lachlan.

"Lachlan is really nice. Gago siya minsan pero siya ang unang tao na naniwala sa amin ni South. Siya rin ang unang nagpautang sa amin noong walang-wala kami" she answered sheepishly.

I rolled my eyes. "He kidnapped me."

"But he still helped us. I think he's a great guy inside" East defended with a smile.

Vape scoffed and glare his gun. Napailing nalang ako at ginulo ang buhok ni East.

We took the door Lachlan instructed us, tuloy pa rin ang putukan sa labas kaya humawak sa akin ang mga kapatid ko. Nanginginig ang mga ito, mukha lang silang matapang dahil kasama na kami pero tiyak na takot na takot sila sa loob. All I could do was to squeeze their hands and smile at them reassuringly.

"Ate, what's happening outside?" West asked.

Tumingin ako kay Atarah para humingi ng sagot ngunit nanatili lang siyang seryoso at tila may malalim na iniisip. I shook my head and look at West.

"I don't have any idea."

Descending on the stairs, I looked behind only to see Vape with a scowl on his face but it quickly lit up upon seeing me. Tinignan ko siya ng masama at ngumuso naman ito.

Nasa sumunod na kami na palapag ng bigla naming naramdaman ang pagyanig ng semento. I missed my balance but someone quickly grabbed me on the waist, turning my head I saw Vape's worried face looking down at me.

"Careful."

My face flushed so I quickly diverted my gaze. He let go of my waist but his hand linger on my arm. He's staring at me as if he wants to tell something but don't know how to start. I cleared my throat and gently pulled my arm.

"W-we need to make it fast" I stuttered, cheeks hot and heart pounding horribly fast inside my chest.

Tumingin ako kay Atarah na may seryosong tingin sa amin ni Vape. Kanina pa siya tahimik at medyo nakakatakot ang tingin na binibigay niya sa amin. Nang magtama ang tingin namin ay agad akong umiwas, I feel guilty and I hate it.

We move fast, descending from floor to floor. Nang nasa fourth floor na kami ay mas nagiging klaro at malakas na ang naririnig naming putukan. As we keep our pace, a missed shot towards us made us jump in surprise.

"Ayun sila!"

Terror consumed me when I saw men following us upstairs. Isa sakanila ay pinaputukan ulit kami ng baril ngunit kaagad kaming nakaiwas.

"Habulin sila!"

Atarah led us first to stairs as she and Vape stayed behind to fire the men. Mas papalapit na sila sa amin kaya mas dinoble pa namin ang bilis ng takbo. My wounds stung, my limbs are getting weak but I dragged myself to keep my pace.

"Fuck!" Atarah cursed out loud.

Halos mabingi ako sa mga putok, the gun powder hitting my nostrils and it making me feel worst. My head is throbbing as my vision became fuzzy, I steady myself in a metal rail and catch my breath.

"Ate! Ate!"

Sa kabila ng pangingirot ng mga sugat ko ay pinilit ko pa ring maging alerto. I coughed and groaned in pain at the same time as we descended from the stairs with quick movements. Bumalik ulit ang pagkahilo ko, it worsen more and I didn't see the step which made me lost my balance. Vape's arm caught me before I fell down the stairs. Tinignan ko siya ngunit nanlalabo na ang paningin ko. I feel so exhausted.

"Fuck" he muttered a curse before placing his arm around my waist as he half carried half dragged me down the stairs.

Nakahinga ako nang maluwag ng makita ang exit door, West opened it for us and we all sprinted out the building. Cold breeze of air welcomed us, hugging my delicate skin and sending shiver down my spine. My nostrils stung when I inhaled too much air. Kumalas ako kay Vape at agad tumigil para maghabol ng hininga. Nagreklamo ito ngunit agad ding nabaling ang atensyon niya sa nilabasan naming pintuan at sunud-sunod na nagpakawala ng putok.

I looked at the men shaking before falling on the ground lifelessly. Ubos na ang mga sumusunod sa amin ngunit hindi natitigil ang putukan sa paligid.

Tumigil at naghabol din ng hininga ang mga kasama ko, I took that chance to look around only to see we were in some under construction building. The machinery and other construction tools stayed in their spot as if a worker left them purposely. Looking above, I was greeted by a dark grey sky. Birds were flying quickly to relocate as if a storm coming to wreck us. A loud rumbling in the distance echoed, a warning, the sound was so heavy and angry and it quickly followed by a strip lighting that made me yelp.

Despite the raging sky and the danger it brings I couldn't help but to smile to myself. I've been locked in a room for almost a week. Para akong bilanggo ngayon na nakalaya at tuwang tuwa na makakita ng kalangitan. My heart swells and my eyes stung but it quickly faded and replaced of terror when instead of birds humming lingered in my ears, cries of agony and pain echoes around.

Shots of guns and screams of death made me feel nausea. The voices was unbearable, I feel like falling on the ground but a soft yet callused hands steadied me before I lost my balance, giving Vape a small smile I heard the heavy footsteps that coming to our way.

"We need to move now" Atarah said as she glance behind us.

We sprinted again towards the forest, just what Lachlan told to meet us. Atarah stayed behind us, securing our back as Vape lead the way with me on his one arm. Hawak naman ng isang kamay niya ang baril at bawat kaluskos ng paligid ay alerto siya. I never seen him this serious and intimidating so I keep my mouth shut even if my heart is pounding excitedly at his touch.

We made a zigzag in the forest, then suddenly, a loud bang made us duck and covered our heads.

"Stay behind the tree!" Atarah yelled as she fire her gun in the shadows lurking behind the trees.

Hinila ako ni Vape sa isang malaking puno. He made me stay but I quickly got panicked when I didn't see my brothers.

"East? West!" I cried.

"Ate!"

I saw them in a separate tree. Magkasama si Atarah at East, samantala nasa magkaiba namang puno si West at Josiah. Nakahinga ako ng maluwag ng makita na okay sila ngunit punong puno ang mukha nila ng takot. They are covering their ears and tears streaming down their face.

"Stay there, okay? It will be fine!" I said, screaming as a bullet passing beside me. Patuloy naman sa pagdepensa si Vape at Atarah para sa amin.

"Ate, I don't want here! I'm scarred!" West cried. He's trembling as his hands covering his ear. He looked so frightened and fragile.

I sobbed as I couldn't find a way to scoot him over. Kapag umalis kami sa puno tiyak na matatamaan kami kaagad ng bala.

"It will be alright, West! Just stay there for a while, okay? Ate will be there!" I reassured him. I tried to get out behind the tree but Vape immediately yanked me back.

"What the hell, woman? Do you want to die?!" He groaned, glaring at me.

Lumabo ang mga mata ko sa luha ng makita ang kawawang itsura ng kapatid ko. I need to get him and hug him. Vape saw my expression and his face softened. He caress my cheek and took in a deep breath.

"I'll get him. Just.. stay here, okay?"

Tumango ako, hindi ko na napigilan na mapahikbi. Vape cursed out loud again when he almost shot in the arm.

"I don't want here!"

Napapikit ako sa iyak ng kapatid ko. I feel so weak, so lost to save him. Wala akong magawa para sakanila.

"West! Don't be scared, I'll be there, okay? Wait for me!"

My eyes instantly went wide when I heard East's voice. My face went in horror when I saw him went out behind the tree and run toward West.

"NO!" I screamed. Atarah's eyes went wide, so does Vape, Josiah and West.

My body went numb as my blood leave my face when I saw his head fall back and his body stumbled on the ground with a loud thud.

"EAST! NO!"

Winaksi ko ang hawak ni Vape sa akin at mabilis na tumakbo papunta sa kapatid ko. Vape complained but I ignored his protest.

A loud shot came from the distance, my vision darkened as I fell on the ground feeling the weight of someone on top of me. Slowly, my vision came back but it was blurry and unsteady. Kumurap-kurap ako ng ilang beses bago tumingin sa nakadagan sa akin.

Vape's face lay on the crook of my neck, I lifted my hand to held his back but I stilled when I felt a warm liquid behind him. My face went horror when I saw my hand filled with his blood.

"V-vape..." bulong ko.

I heard no response, no movement but I could feel his slow breathing on my skin.

"Vape.." tawag ko muli ng mas malakas.

Nanginginig ang mga kamay na hinakawan ko ang pisngi niya at hinarap ito para makita ang mukha niya. My eyes instantly pooled when I saw his eyes closed.

"Vape, don't please..." My voice cracked with desperation. I shake his cheek and his eyes slowly opened. Mas lalo akong naiyak ng tumingin siya sa akin, kumikibot ang mga labi niya na parang nagpipigil ng ngiti.

"If I'll die, I want to die in your arms" he grin and my head fell back on the ground. I took the moment to cry, ang dami-daming emosyon ang naglalaro ngayon sa dibdib ko. "I know this scene is so cliché but I couldn't waste any more time. Kung mamamatay ako ngayon, gusto ko munang malaman mo na mahal kita. I love you North, totoo ito at walang halong pagnanasa."

I cried even more. Nakatingin ako sa kalangitan, ang mahahaba at matitingkad na kulay ng mga puno sa paligid ay sumasayaw sa hangin. The sky is dark yet beautiful, ilang sandali lang ay naramdaman ko ang paisa-isang pagpatak ng ulan sa mukha ko. Mas lalong lumalamig ngunit mainit ang pakiramdam ko dahil sa taong nakadagan sa akin.

"You shouldn't confess when you're dying" I said, looking back at him.

"It is because I'm dying. Hindi ko na masasabi ito kapag namatay ako."

"Who said you'll die?"

"Me. I'll die if you won't love me back."

"Who said I don't love you back?"

"Me."

"Then you're stupid. I love you."

He fell silent then slowly a smile crept onto his handsome face.

"That's what I want to hear" His shook his head on my neck and kiss my skin. "I love you too, North.."

Napangiti na rin ako. Ang plano ko ay magpakipot at pahirapan siya ng kaonti pero may sariling karisma si Vape na hindi mo matatanggihan. I just couldn't say no. The temptation, the love and need that I felt for him is too much to handle so all I could do was to submit to him.

"Argh!"

A loud groan made me snapped my head back to my brother. East was slowly moving, bumalik ang pag-aalala at takot ko sa nangyari ngunit ng makita na okay siya ay nakahinga ako ng maluwag.

"East! Why did you do that!" West was now beside him, crying and scowling him at the same time.

"I d-don't want you to get s-scarred" East faint and weak voice responded.

Panicked wash through me when I realized we're not yet safe. Tinulak ko si Vape ngunit agad ding natigilan ng mapansin na parang may kakaiba sa paligid. I saw Atarah standing out of the tree, Josiah run toward my brothers and cried as well.

"Vape, I think we need to move now" sabi ko at muling tinulak si Vape ngunit wala itong galaw. "Vape! Ang bigat mo na!" reklamo ko ngunit wala pa ring nangyari. "Vape, ano ba?!"

I panicked as I held his arms. All his weight was on me, mas mabigat siya kesa kanina at ang kulay ng balat niya ay mas lalong pumutla.

"Vape, a-are you okay?"

Atarah looked at us, her eyes went wide, face went horror as she looked at Vape above me.

"Atarah, he's not moving!" sigaw ko.

Mabilis niyang binitawan ang baril at lumapit sa amin. He pulled Vape and I took that chance to sit. Nangalay ang buong katawan ko pero pinagsawalang bahala ko lang ito.

"Vape, can you hear me? Dammit, Miyashiro!"

Nagulat ako sa biglang pagsigaw ni Atarah. She's holding Vape's wound but I noticed his blood that keep on pooling. Doon ay napansin ko na hindi lang iisa ang tama niya. He was shot more than two.

Trembling, I tried to crawl toward him. Gusto ko siyang hawakan ngunit natatakot akong baka mabasag siya kapag ginawa ko iyon. Instead, I stare at his pale face, may maliit siyang ngiti sa labi, ang ngiting nakita ko ng sinabi kong mahal ko siya.

"Vape! Fuck!" Atarah lay him on the ground while pumping his chest and giving him an air.

I stayed on the ground, frozen and unable to think straight. With my wide eyes I watch him remain still while Atarah keep on pumping his chest. Hindi nakaligtas sa paningin ko ang pagtulo ng mga luha niya habang binibigyan ng hangin si Vape.

No..

Kakasabi niya lang na mahal niya ako.

I swear, I didn't see any pain on his eyes! I didn't see him in trouble while he's confessing to me!

"No! Gumising kang hayop ka! Vape, ano ba!" Atarah's voice became louder, her voice cracking as she desperately try to save him.

But Vape didn't give any response.

"V-vape.."

I watched as Atarah slow her face, tears streaming down from her eyes as she gripped Vape's shirt. Sinubukan niya itong ibangon pero kusa rin siyang sumuko at sinubsub nalang ang mukha sa dibdib niya. Her shoulders shake as she cry in both agony and pain.

Umiling ako sa sarili. Minsan OA si Atarah, she's just probably playing games on me.

Lumapit ako sakanila at gamit ang nanginginig na mga kamay, hinawakan ko ang kamay ni Vape. I shook my head and bit my lower lip when I felt his temperature changing.

"Vape.. h'wag ka ngang magluko!" I said, voice cracking as I gripped his hand. Squeezing it three times just like what I did to reassure my brothers. "Vape.."

Tila hindi nauubos ang mga luha. Akala ko wala na akong ilalabas pero heto, tila gusto kong sumabog. Kulang ang luha para ipahayag na nasasaktan ka. Kulang ang luha para ipahayag ang kalungkutan na nararamdaman ko. I wanted to do something more than crying. I wanted to scream but there's no more voice left in me.

My cries soon muffled by thunder. Doon naramdaman ko na hindi lang ako ang nagluluksa. Hindi lang ako ang nasasaktan. Hindi lang ako ang nagagalit.

Its funny how people express their happiness by tears yet tears also represent of pain, anger and insecurity. Its funny how life change so quickly. Kanina masaya ako at punong puno ng pagmamahal ngunit ngayon, nagluluksa na ang puso ko.

Iniisip ko, ano ba ang nagawa kong mali sa buhay para parusahan ng ganito? I wasn't gifted, I wasn't blessed either pero iyong taong pinangarap kong makasama habang buhay ay ipagkakait pa sa akin. Pinaghihirapan ko lahat ng gusto kong makuha, hindi ako humingi ng sobra sa buhay, ngayon lang. Ngayon lang, sana naman pakinggan mo ako.

"Ate, is Kuya Vape okay?" East asked in a faint voice.

Tumango ako habang hawak ang malamig na kamay ni Vape. "He's okay. He's will be fine."

Familiar men on their camouflage uniform came out from nowhere with their rifles pointing upright. Tumigil sila ng makita kami, doon ko nahalata na wala na palang mga kalaban. Everything around me move too fast, an armoured man came toward us, bark orders to his men then suddenly I heard the familiar voices.

"Northern!" Dad's voice boomed around then suddenly, I heard a loud scream of a woman. I noticed it was my Mom who fell on her knees in front of my brothers.

"East? Sweetheart? Oh my God!"

Tears fell from my eyes but I remain holding his hand. I couldn't find myself to let go of him. I can't leave him. Ngayon lang ako nagmahal. Ngayon lang ako naghangad ng pagmamahal. Hindi ko siya pakakawalan. Hinding hindi.

"I'm fine, Mom. Malayo 'to sa bituka" East answered.

I also heard Dad cursing when he saw what happened to my brother. Ilang sandali lang ay may mga paramedics na ang lumapit. Sinakay nila sa stretcher si Vape ngunit hindi pa rin ako bumibitaw sa kamay niya. The nurse questioned our hands but remain silent as they led him into the ambulance.

Dad called my name but I decided not to follow any of their words. Oras naman para sarili ko ang isipin ko.

Sumama ako sa ambulansya, ganoon din si Atarah na tahimik na ngayong umiiyak sa gilid. I looked at Vape's motionless body, natatakot akong hawakan ang ibang bahagi ng katawan niya dahil baka mabasag ko ito. Para siyang may lamat na at kaonting kamali mo lang ng hawak ay bibigay siya kaagad. The car moved, shaken us lightly inside. Mas napansin akong nahulog mula sa bulsa ni Vape kaya nagtatakang pinulot ko iyon.

My heart stung when I saw a small velvet box. Hindi ko na kailangan pang buksan para makita ang laman dahil pamilyar na pamilyar ako sa ganitong bagay. I hold the box and clenched it into my chest. Muling umagos ang luha ko na tumingin kay Vape.

His small smile still on his face.

'Yes, love. I'll marry you.'

_
LACHLAN

I watched from the window as the uniformed men entered the building, some bring police dogs and freed them to wander around. Half of Akari's men was now lying lifelessly, their blood tainting the ground. It looked beautiful. Better than any art displayed in a museum.

"I thought you're living?" I said, still looking outside. A small smile tug on my lips when I saw Queen's car. She's really here.

"And hide?"

I turn my head only to see Akari pouring some water on her glass. My brows furrowed, I expected her to drink some wine not a plain water. Agad ko ring sinantabi ang pagtataka ko at tinitigan siya.

She looked calm, collected and fragile. She may be a mess but she's still one of the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Her dark brown curls emphasizes her heart shaped face. Her caramel skin was glowing even if the room was muffled by darkness. She looked stunning, really.

I was wondering if there are still like her in the parallel universe. If we ever meet again, would it be the same or it would be a love at first sight? I'll choose the latter.

I want the parallel universe with her, with less drama, less tragic, less pain. Kung maaari ko lang siyang kumbinsihin na sumama sa akin, gagawin ko. I don't want to leave her but she already decided her fate. Hindi ko kayang baguhin ang tadhana ng isang tao, unless they ask me to do it but in Akari's state, I doubt she'll ever want me to do it.

"Hindi ba dapat?" I questioned her.

She sat on the couch and sipped her glass. I have to remind myself she's drinking water and not wine. Her angel-like-face almost melted me.

"My job is done, Lach. Tapos na ako sa mga gusto kong gawin."

"I thought you want them all dead? And do you really think South died in the explosion?"

She chuckled and looked at me, her eyes sparkling in amusement. "Wow, and I thought you're the Angel. Why are you suddenly questioning my decisions?"

Lumapit ako sakanya at naupo sa tabi nito. She lifted herself and sat on my lap. I quickly snake my arms around her waist and nuzzle on her neck, relief wash through me upon inhaling her sweet lavender scent.

"You're hard to predict" I mumble while kissing her sweet skin.

She tilted her head giving me an access. I wasted no time and savour her skin, gently nibbling ang sucking it. She made a throaty moan that fuel my hunger. I planted small kisses on her neck up to the line of her jaw then her mouth. I kiss her lips gently, savouring the moment and making sure she feel special in every way. Not long enough, I pulled away as we both catched our breath. Looking straight at her black-green eyes, I smile as I see the Akari. The woman I fell in love in the most dangerous way.

"Sumama ka sa akin. We can be happy, we can-" She pressed her index finger on my lips, stopping me from begging her to be with me again.

Her eyes softened as she looked at me with gentleness. "We can have our own family and we can live with full of love. Tiyak na matutupad nga iyon pero nakapagdesisyon na ako. I don't want to escape anymore, Lach. Kahit magsama tayo, hindi rin ako magiging masaya," she caress my cheek and smile sadly. "Alam mong ito na ang huli. Matagal ko itong hinintay. I no longer want to live in vain, wrath and insecurities. Hinayaan ko lang na umabot ang lahat sa puntong ito dahil kailangan, pero tama na."

"How about the Benedicto?"

"I no longer care. Siguro kung totoong namatay si Mommy at Dauntless baka magtuloy-tuloy ang kabulagan ko. But Queen send them out of the country and cut every link that will point them out."

"Is that why you asked me to helped South's friend and let them escape?" I cocked my eyebrow.

She giggled and peck my lips. "You did a great job. Though, I hate how North Benedicto look at you. Ang sarap dukutin ang mga mata niya at ipakin din ito sakanya. Magpasalamat siya loyal ka" she teased and I grinned. Ilang sandali lang ay nawala ang ngiti niya at napalitan iyon ng pangamba. "Isang bagay nalang ngayon ang kinakatakutan ko, iyon ay ang mawala ka. You're the most precious person in my life, Lachlan. You light me through the darkness. Ayokong pati ikaw ay mawala sa akin."

I took in a deep breath and held her hand. Napangiti ako ng makita ang isang bagay na nababagay sa daliri niya. The stone shine, giving it a magnificent look on her ring finger.

"Hindi ako mawawala."

She smile and gave me a peck on the lips again. "You'll wait for me?"

"I'll wait for you." Kahit gaano pa katagal. Kahit ilang taon pa. Kahit habang buhay.

Suddenly the door swung open. Akari was about to turn her head to look at it but I captured her lips and kissed her. She quickly responded, ignoring our intervener. Ilang sandali lang ay pinakawalan ko na ito at malungkot na nginitian.

"Always."

Tumango ito at sakabila ng lungkot sa mga mata niya ay ngumiti ito.

"Always."

She stood up and face Queen who looked at us blankly. I stood beside her and held her hand.

"Queen-" I started but Akari squeeze my hand.

Queen remain cold, stoic and powerful. Hindi na ako nagtaka, para sa nag-iisang anak ng Mafia, she looked really intimidating. Her presence demand respect and I give her that.

"Consider yourself lucky I got here first. Kung naunahan lang ako ng asawa ko tiyak na hindi niya kayo sasantuhin."

We shook our head. Malakas ang tibok ng dibdib ko sa pinaghalong takot at pangamba hindi lang para sa sarili kundi para kay Akari. We made a big mistake and we knew there's no forgiveness for it.

"I accept all the punishments" Akari said making my head snapped at her.

Her head remain low but I could feel she's trembling. Mukha lang siyang matapang pero isa lamang siyang babae na nangungulila sa pamilya at kalayaan. She's acting all cool but deep inside, she's bleeding and I know all of her pain dahil walang ibang nakinig sakanya kundi ako.

"I won't kill you but I won't tolerate you either."

"Queen, please let me be with her" Hindi ko na napigilang magsalita. I don't care if I looked weak at the moment, walang ibang mahalaga sa akin kundi si Akari. "Gagawin ko ang lahat makasama lang siya. Tatanggapin ko lahat ng parusa basta hayaan niyo lang ako na nasa tabi niya."

"Lachlan.." Akari tried to stop me but I shook my head.

"I promised to my parents to find light despite the darkness, and Akari is my light. I couldn't imagine life without her so please, I'm begging you, Queen, let me be with her."

Akari gripped my arm but my head remain low. Her soft sobbed made me look at her, eyes filled with tears, eyes filled with so much love for her.

"S-stop, you don't have to do this. You promised me-"

"I promised to protect and love you, Akari. Wala akong pakialam kung ano ang nakaraan mo. Wala akong pakialam kung gaano ka kasama sa tingin ng ibang tao. Wala akong pakialam kung ikakamatay ko pa ang pagmamahal sa'yo. Just please, let me be with you.." I held her cheeks and brush off her tears.

"Lachlan, please... stop.."

This is her. This is my Akari. Soft and fragile.

"I-I don't want you to suffer because of me."

Umiling ako. Buo na ang desisyon ko. Hindi ako mabubuhay ng hindi ko siya kasama. Ano pa ba ang sibli ng buhay kung ang tanging rason para huminga ka ay dahil sa taong mahal mo.

"I love you. I rather suffer than being away from you. Mas kakayanin ko ang lahat basta kasama kita" I said brushing her tears.

She cried even harder, hinawakan niya ang kamay ko na nakahawak sa pisngi niya at pinisil iyon. She nodded, a smile on her face.

"Malulungkot din kami kapag hindi ka kasama."

Nangunot ang noo ko. I saw Queen's confused face too.

"Kami?"

She laughed heartily while bobbing her head up and down. My eyes widen, mouth parted as I looked at her with pure shocked.

"You're going to be a dad."

I froze, unable to think straight. My head is a fuzzy and feel like collapsing on the ground. The news was bomb.

"Oh my god, I-I'm..." I looked at her small stomach. Kung hindi niya sinabi hindi ko pa mapapansin ang kaonting baby bump sa tiyan niya.

She giggled at my reaction then turn to Queen who looked stunned at her revelation.

"I know this is too much to ask but please, spare my baby. Malaki ang kasalanan ko sainyo pero walang kasalanan ang bata. Tatanggapin ko lahat ng parusa, ipatapon mo ako sa basura o kahit patayin pa. Just... Let my baby live, let me be a m-mother please.." she begged at her.

Queen took in a deep breath then look at us with a confused look on her eyes. Ilang sandali lang ay nakarinig kami ng mga yapak ng paparating. I instantly panicked, ngayon ay hindi lang si Akari ang kailangan kong protektahan kundi ang magiging anak namin.

"Ina rin ako na nagpoprotekta sa mga anak ko. Hahayaan kitang makaanak, gaya ng sabi mo, walang kasalanan ang bata. Now leave before I change my mind."

Relief wash through me as well as Akari. Mahigpit ko siyang niyakap bago tumingin kay Queen. Her face remain cold but when she saw me looking at her, an unknown emotion spark on her eyes.

"Take this as my promise to your parents."

I mouthed thank you before she left us.

Now I have two purpose to breath. Akari and our baby. Queen is not ruthless after all, she had a heart, a heart of a mother.

***

Akari is not bad XD

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

15.1M 676K 75
(FHS#1) Braylee wants to make her friends happy, Denver wants to get some sleep. She's hell-bent on making the world a better place while he's desper...
2.5K 260 36
While she was busy keeping her boyfriend away from the other women, who'd have guessed that a boy would win her boyfriend's heart instead of a girl...
106M 2.1M 50
Marriage is normally one's happily ever after in the movies, but for Aemie Ferrer-Roswell, it's just the start of a seemingly unending adventure. Can...
3M 84.6K 60
WARNING: This story is my oldest story! You might encounter some cringe and immature scenes that needs some revisions! ... He bought me, but I didn't...