Run and Hide(Completed)

By MaddieRxoxo

COMPLETED. When both Amy and Alan have had enough of their out of control teenage son they send him to Philad... More

Traded Out
Matter Of Time
Beatin' Too Fast
Hide, Run
Losin' Fight
Before They Break
Feelin' and Fallin'
Holdin' Back
Run, Hide
Worth The While
I Wanna Be Loved
Young Hearts
Love's A Loaded Gun
A Kiss Goodnight
Nobody Wants To Fight
Run and Hide
Sequel

All A Mistake

920 32 120
By MaddieRxoxo

Thank you for all of your reviews/votes. They mean so much to me and I'm so sorry for the wait!

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

Sorry for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Enjoy!

All A Mistake

Maya walked in the front door of her house as she redid her messy bun still sweaty from her workout. She took her gym shoes off as she slipped her earbuds into the pocket of her jacket. She headed to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge before looking over at the time. A small smile came to her face knowing she still had chance to spend a little alone time with Josh before he had to leave to go to Cory's for what was the fourth week in a row while her parents forced her to have a family dinner with them. She headed up the stairs and straight to his room, knowing he planned on getting his homework out of the way for the weekend.

"Gorgeous! Where have you been?" Josh asked as she entered his room.

"The gym," she answered as she walked over and straddle his lap.

"I could have gave you a work out," he smirked, seductively, causing her to roll her eyes and smile.

"Josh!" she shrieked, whacking him on his chest.

"It's the truth and you know I could still give you that workout if you want," he told her kissing her along her neck up to her cheek then finding her mouth.

Maya smiled into the kiss. "What kind of work out did you have in mind? Because I have to take a shower and you have to go to your brother's," she murmured against his lips.

"Oh, don't worry, my workout we can do and shower at the same-" Josh began to answer but interrupt by his phone. "-time. Ignore it," he told her, pulling her back in for a deep kiss. He sighed against her mouth when his phone began to ring again and Maya pulled away and reached for his phone.

"It's your mom."

"I told you to ignore it."

Maya smiled, shaking her head. "Answer your phone," she ordered, holding out his phone.

"But-"

"No buts. You need to talk to your mom."

Josh rolled his eyes, "Yeah because right now I want to talk to my mom as I have my girlfriend on my lap who I was trying to seduce before she called."

Maya gave him a look before he rolled his eyes and brought his cellphone up to his ear to answer. She smiled resting her head on his shoulder, placing a soft kiss on this neck.

"Hey mom."

"How's my almost birthday boy?"

Maya pulled back to look at Josh with shocked wide eyes as he deep swallowed.

"Mom-"

"I know you're not big on birthdays but-"

"Mom, I know," he sighed, wanting to drop the birthday subject because of the look on Maya's face.

"Fine. I'll drop it for now but how's my baby boy? I haven't talked to you in a while."

"Good. I've been busy," he said into phone but tap Maya's nose causing her to smile.

"By busy I hope you don't mean by partying and girls."

"No Mom. I'm not partying and I'm not distracted by girls."

Maya raised an eyebrow at Josh.

Josh put mute his phone. "What? I'm distracted by you, not girls," he told her before unmuting his phone.

Maya smiled, playfully rolling her eyes before she rested her head back in the crook of his neck.

"Good, I'm really proud of you my sweet baby boy. I knew you could turn your life around and get back on track to become the man I always dreamed of you being."

Maya smiled against Josh's neck at his mother's words.

"Keep it up because I want you to come home and the sooner the better."

Maya's smile faded as her heart dropped.

Josh kissed the side of Maya's head, knowing his mom's words hurt her. "Mom, I'm going to get off of here. I have tons of homework to do."

"Okay, I'll talk to you soon. I love you."

"I love you too. Bye Mom."

Josh hung his phone, sighing as he reached over and placed it back on his desk.

"Why didn't you tell me about your birthday?" Maya asked, shocked with everything the two have shared with each other birthdays wasn't something they've never talked about.

"My birthday is not a big deal," he shrugged.

"Josh-"

"It's not. I've never been someone who is about their birthdays. My birthday was always for my mom. I'm her miracle surprise baby. I was a spoiled child so birthdays were nothing special because I always got what I wanted anyway whether it was a Tuesday or my birthday. It didn't matter. My birthday was always about spending the day doing whatever my mom wanted to do. Now, that I'm older there is always a party to go if I want so what's the difference if it's my birthday weekend or just a random party?"

"Yeah but what if I wanted to make it special for you?"

"You can if your heart desires with birthday se-"

"Josh!" Maya whacked his chest, blushing. "Don't you dare finish that sentence," she threatened causing Josh to laugh.

"Maya, seriously," he began, his tone changing and catching her attention. "I don't need anything, especially from you. I have you and that's all I need," he told her, caressing her cheek, gazing lovingly into her eyes. "I don't know where I would be in life without you and I'm thankful you are in my life. You make me want to better in life. I wouldn't be on the tracks I'm on without you."

Maya gave him a small smile. "I think you are giving me too much credit-"

Josh shook his head. "I'm not."

"Yes, you are. Josh, the real you never left. We've been through this-"

"But you make me want to bring out the best in me."

Maya shook her head and went to speak but Josh gently cupped her face between his hands, stopping her.

"It's the truth," he told her, staring into her eyes. "If it wasn't for you I would have never started to get my life back on track. You are the reason I started back on the right track. I didn't want to disappoint you and I wanted to be someone who deserves your love, to hold your hand, to kiss you, to be the one you fall in love with. I wasn't that guy when I walked into your front door. You made me change. I wouldn't have turned my homework in if you didn't call me out on it and thanks to you, I played baseball, well I guess you could call it baseball for the first time in a long time and actually enjoyed it. You are the best gift I could ever get."

Maya smiled, her cheeks turning even pinker before leading in for a long deep kiss. "I love you," she murmured against his lips.

"I love you too," he said back, tucking a piece of her hair that wasn't in her bun behind her ear.

Maya stared into Josh's eyes, "Just so you know, I'm thankful for you too," she told him, softly. "You make me so happy and I'm grateful you came into my life when you did because you show me what love is suppose to feel like before you when I was with Lucas I never felt this way and I just think about the what ifs if you didn't come into my life and how I would have regretted so many decisions," she told him, thinking about how she would have probably caved in and let her first time be with Lucas.

"You don't have to worry about the what ifs because they didn't happen. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere," he promised, stroking her cheek.

Maya smiled before leaning in for what was suppose to be a soft kiss but quickly got heated. "What time do you have to be at Cory's?" she murmured against his lips.

Josh glanced over at the time, "Not for another hour."

"I can't believe you already have to go over there again," she pouted.

Josh chuckled, placing a quick kiss on her mouth. "At least it's Friday."

"But you are going over Farkle's after dinner."

Josh nodded, "But you'll see me before I go over there I'm coming here before I head over."

"Are you going to miss me that much you have to come back and see me?" she grinned.

"Totally."

"So, do you want to go and get that quick workout and shower in?" she smirked, raising her eyebrows.

"Quick? It's almost my birthday and I've been on time every time I've had to go so I think I can be a little late." He leaned in, kissing her passionately as he stood up, carrying her with him.

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

Maya sat quietly at the table across from her parents and couldn't help but feel odd sitting there with a weird tension in the air.

"So."

Her mother began, breaking the silence and grabbing her attention.

"You and Lucas have been broken up for a while has any other boy grabbed your attention yet?"

Both Maya and Shawn scrunched their faces up in disgust. This was the last topic Maya wanted to talk about while it was the last topic Shawn wanted to hear.

Maya swallowed knowing she couldn't be truthful and tell them she was madly in love with the boy sleeping in the room next to her's so she shrugged her shoulder and lied, "No."

"No?" Katy asked, raising her eyebrows.

Maya kept her eyes on her plate. "No," she answered again.

"You and Josh seem to be really close."

Maya's eyes darted up at the sound of Shawn's voice. She slowly nodded. "Yeah."

"Maybe he is scaring all the boys away from asking you out because they know he lives here and is like a brother to you."

Maya had to stop herself from rolling her eyes at her mom's words. "Maybe."

"Well, it's probably a good thing because you will be off to California in no time."

Maya's heart dropped. She bit her lip, glancing between her parents. She knew she wasn't ready to come clean about Josh but at least she could come clean about this without Josh being home to witness or hear it. "Actually, I'm going to go to NYU instead."

Maya felt both of her parent's wide eyes on her.

"What?" Shawn snapped.

"NYU?" Katy asked, shocked.

Maya nodded, "Yeah, I've changed my mind and I want to go to NYU."

"You've never mentioned NYU before," Katy stated.

"Yeah, where is this coming from?" Shawn added, his eyes on his daughter.

"That's because you haven't asked but think about it. New York would be the perfect place for me to go. I love art and I can go there and gain experiences and live the college life like I want to-"

"Is art the real reason or is it because of a certain someone?"

Maya swallowed as she felt Shawn's eyes watching her every move and action.

"Someone?" Katy asked, laughing, before Maya could react. "Shawn, she already said there is no one new in her life."

Maya could feel Shawn's eyes on her but was thankful for Josh coming in the backdoor followed by a shocking guest.

"Riley."

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

"I'm going to go and pump Farkle up for his date with Smackle tomorrow," Josh told the girls, knowing the two most likely wanted alone time and only followed them up to Maya's room to get a quick kiss good-bye from Maya.

Maya got up from her spot on the bed to walk Josh over to her bedroom door. "Do not give him bad advice," she warned.

"Bad advice? Do I look like the type of guy to give bad advice?"

Maya raised an eyebrow at him.

"I got you didn't I?"

"And you should thank your lucky stars," she smirked as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Oh, trust me I do," he told her, placing a quick kiss on her lips. "I'll see you later," he told Riley who gave him a small smile before he turned his attention on the blonde wrapped in arms. "And I'll see you tonight," he smiled, placing another kiss on her lips.

Riley sat back, her eyes observing the exchange between her best friend and uncle as the two started to whisper to each other. She could instantly see the look in her best friend's eyes. Her best friend was in love. A small smile came to her face when she saw the same look in her uncle's eyes. She watched the blonde watch her uncle leave her room before looking over at her.

The two remained quiet for what felt like forever as awkwardness started to take over. Each of them hating it.

"I'm sorry," Maya broke the silence, walking over to sit across from her best friend on her bed. "I'm sorry I haven't really been there for you. I know I've been a horrible friend."

Riley shook her head, "It's not your fault. It's not like I turned to you and I needed space."

Maya slowly nodded, biting her lip, wondering why Riley would need space from her. "Is it because of Josh?" she asked, softly, knowing her relationship with Josh has been the biggest change to happen recently. "Is that why you needed space? Do you not like me and him being together?" she asked, hesitantly, hating the thought that her best friend didn't like her with the person she was madly in love with. "You can be honest with me."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because I feel like ever since I told you Josh and I kissed that's when things between us changed. I feel like that's when our friendship started drifting away and I know I'm mostly to blame-"

"Maya, I don't care you kissed my uncle or the two of you are together now. I told you to go for it."

Maya slowly nodded as her mind raced with the ideas of what was wrong between the two of them if it wasn't over Josh.

"We are okay," Riley reassured her best friend, hoping her word would stay true after the truth came out about her and Lucas but she wasn't ready to confess to that just yet.

Maya nodded again.

"Speaking of Josh, how are things between you two?" Riley asked, hoping bringing up a happier subject would make things less tense and she could keep her secret buried for now.

Maya blushed, biting her lip to hide her smile, "They've been going really good."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," Maya nodded, not being able to hide her smile. "I'm in love with him," she admitted the obvious. "And I know we haven't been together long but I'm completely head over heels in love with him."

Riley wasn't surprised by her best friend's confession about being in love. She just witness the love between the two. "So you two are serious?"

"Yeah," Maya smiled, nodding.

"Have you two..."

Maya slowly nodded, "Josh and I have had sex," she admitted, biting her lip.

Riley looked at her with huge eyes.

Maya nodded, pressing her lips together.

"Wow," Riley breathed out, shocked her best friend took that step. "That's huge for you and your relationship with Josh and it happened fast."

"I know," Maya agreed. "It's not like we planned for it to happen or anything. It just kind of did and you know I would have never taken that step with him if I didn't feel I was ready."

Riley nodded.

"I don't regret it. Taking that step with Josh felt right and I feel like it just made our love stronger and I feel so connected to him. I'm in love him and everything just feels right with him," she breathed out.

"I'm happy for you," Riley smiled.

Maya returned her smile, "Thank you."

"What are you going to do about your parents?"

Maya sighed, "I don't know," she answered, honestly. "I'm honestly surprised your dad hasn't told Shawn he caught us-"

"My dad caught you and Josh having sex!" Riley hissed.

"No," Maya hissed back, her eyes wide. "Keep your voice down. He caught us coming home after one in the morning."

"Where were you at one in the morning?"

Maya bit her lip, blushing, "The tree house."

"The tree house? Why were you at-oh my God!" Riley shrieked.

Maya covered Riley's mouth, "Shh."

"The tree house is definitely sacred now."

Maya closed her eyes, laughing as she covered her cheeks to hide the redness.

"Wait! That was like almost a month ago when my dad checked in on you guys."

Maya nodded as the two realized how much time has gone by and how much they've missed out on each other's lives.

"Wow, we really need to catch up."

Maya nodded in agreement.

"I know the perfect way to catch up. I was thinking," Riley grinned. "I really want to get back out there. I've already gone back to school so now I was thinking of going to Zay's party."

Maya raised an eyebrow, "You want to go to a party?"

Riley nodded.

Maya sighed, shaking her head, "I don't know-"

"Come on, please. I don't want to go by myself."

"Riles-"

"Please, Maya. This is a chance for me to get back to being normal."

Maya swallowed, knowing it was probably a bad idea and would regret going but she found herself agreeing, "Fine, I'll go."

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

A short time later Maya found herself looking around the room at all of her drunk classmates. She was pretty sure her and Riley were the only sober ones there.

"You know what time it is?" Zay slurred, coming up behind the girls and wrapping an arm around Maya and Riley's shoulders. "Never have I ever time."

"Ooh, that will be fun," Riley grinned.

"We all know who is going to be the most sober at the end of the game," Lucas snickered, nodding his head towards Maya as a few of the guys laughed.

Maya rolled her eyes at her ex-boyfriend, "Really, Lucas? Remember I thought I slept around? I cheated on you, didn't I?" she asked, raising an eyebrow as she crossed her arms across her chest, wiping the smile off of Lucas's face. She watched as a lot of classmates started to take a seat to make a circle. "Riles, I don't think this is a good idea."

"Please Maya," Riley begged. "And think about you'll have more chances to drink," she grinned, knowing her best friend wasn't so innocent anymore.

Maya rolled her eyes. "I have a bad feeling and I would rather not play."

It was Riley's turn to roll her eyes. "I know what you are trying to do. You don't want to play so you can leave and go home and have sex with my uncle."

Once again Maya found herself rolling her eyes, "Josh isn't home. He is with Farkle and my parents are home so even if that was my plan I wouldn't be leaving to have sex with Josh no matter how much I wish I was. We have to wait until my parents leave tomorrow to have sex."

Riley's eyes went wide at something behind her. Maya turned to see what Riley was staring at and was shocked to see Lucas standing right behind her. She could feel Lucas's eyes burning into her and the steam coming off of him at her confession.

"We need to talk," Lucas snapped, grabbing Maya's arm and dragging her away.

Riley watched with worried eyes as Lucas and Maya walked away from the group. She took her phone out sending a text to Josh.

Lucas dragged Maya into a slightly secluded area.

"You're having sex with Josh?!"

Maya shook her head, "That's none of your business. The conversation was between me and Riley."

"You barely even know him and you are already having sex with him."

"I know him enough and I don't owe you an explanation."

"Never in a million years did I think you would become the girl standing in front of me. A cheater-"

"I didn't cheat on you, Lucas and I don't know how many times I have to tell you that or at least I didn't cheat on you the way you think I did and keep accusing me of. Nothing physical happened between me and Josh until after we broke up. Yes, I develop feelings for Josh and I was drawn to him while we were together and it was wrong of me to stay with you when I knew there was something beginning to happen between me and Josh but I didn't act on them instead I did what I thought was right and I tried to push those feelings for Josh away and I tried to make our relationship work but I couldn't. I wasn't happy, Lucas, and I know that suck for you and is hard for you to hear but we aren't meant to be together. Josh makes me happy. I'm in love with him and as crazy as this sounds because we are young but I can picture spending the rest of my life with him."

Lucas shook his head, "You're making a mistake."

"No, I'm not."

Lucas stared into Maya's eyes as his words came out strong, "Maya, mark my words he's going to hurt you. He is going to hurt you and go back to New York."

Maya swallowed at Lucas's words. Josh would never hurt her. She went to defend Josh when another party goers' words caught her attention.

"Everybody run! The cops are here!"

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

Josh and Farkle rushed through the crowd of teenagers. "Do you see them?"

Farkle shook his head, "No," he yelled over the music as his eyes try to find the blonde and brunette they were looking for.

The two stopped at the sound of people yelling to run, the cops were here. Josh started pushing through the crowd, his eyes searching for Maya or Riley.

"Josh!"

Josh turned to see his niece coming his way. "Riley! Where's Maya?" he asked, once the two made their way to each other with Farkle following close behind Josh.

"I don't know," Riley began to answer when Josh's eyes zoomed in on the other side of the room where Lucas grabbed Maya's hand to run before she tried to pull out of his grip.

"Maya," he murmured as he started to rush in her direction with the two following him. Josh could hear Maya telling Lucas she had to find Riley as he got closer. "Maya!" he yelled getting her attention.

He watched her turn shock to see him there and the look of disappointment on Lucas's face at the sight of him as Maya ran into his waiting arms.

"We have to get out here-"

"Don't move! Stay there!"

Maya looked at Josh with wide eyes as the five were surrounded and caught.

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

"I'll get it," Katy yelled as she heard their phone ring.

Shawn walked into Maya and Josh's bathroom, dumping the small trashcan into the larger one when something caught his attention. He picked up the box, investigating it. He saw the pregnancy test was inside the box. "Katy!" he yelled waiting for his wife to come into the bathroom and trying to keep his rage from bursting.

Katy rushed into the bathroom, her eye's eyes went wide at the site of a pregnancy test box in her husband's hands.

"Please tell me this is your's and you know the results."

Katy shook her head. "It's not mine and I have no clue what the results are," she told him. "And I have something that makes this night even better."

Shawn raised an eyebrow. "What could possibly make this night better?"

"I just hung up with the police station."

XOXOJOSHAYAXOXO

The two teens slowly follow behind the adults. Maya pressed her lips together as she watched Shawn hang up her mother's and his coats.

Josh swallowed at the tension in the air. "Shawn, I'm sorry-"

"I'll deal with you tomorrow," Shawn cut Josh off, his eyes letting him know now was not the time. "Go upstairs and get to bed. Both of you."

Maya looked over at Josh, her eyes telling him to go ahead up stairs she was going to stay and talk to her parents. She watched Josh hesitantly walk up the stairs before turning her attention on her parents.

"I can explain," Maya told her parents, desperately.

"No need to. I know what's going on."

Maya frowned at Shawn's words and knew instantly where he was putting the blame. "It's not Josh's fault."

Katy glared at her daughter with her hand on her hip. "We have never received a call from the police and now he is here and we get one."

Maya shook her head, "But it's not his fault. He only came to the party because Riley texted him to come. She was afraid that Lucas and I was going to get into an argument and she text Josh-"

Shawn shook his head, "Don't make up an excuse for Josh-"

"It's not an excuse! It's the truth. Josh came to the party to make sure we were okay. That I was okay!"

"Why are you defending him?" Shawn asked, fold his arms across his chest. "You are trying to make a strong argument for his case and have yet to defend yourself. Is there something you need to tell us?"

Maya watched as her mother went and stood next to her step-father both of their eyes on her. She pressed her lips together, swallowing as her eyes went back and forth between the two. She knew exactly what the question meant but refused to give them anything that may make the case against Josh worse and make them take him away from her. She knew lying may come back and bite her in the ass but right now it was worth it. She shook her head, "No."

"There is nothing you need to tell us?" Shawn asked again.

Maya looked into Shawn's eyes. "No, there is nothing to tell you."

Please leave me a review with your thoughts, and if you can please go check out my new Joshaya one shot in my GMW One Shot book. It's called "I Get To Love You" and it is probably my favorite thing I've ever written and I would love for you to check it out. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 5.8K 25
Y/n Y/l/n and Shawn Hunter used to have one of the most epic high-school love stories to exist. Until they had a falling out. Thirteen years later, t...
8.4K 253 12
Alora Brayleigh Hunter, daughter of Shaun Hunter, Goddaughter to Cory and Topanga Mathews, Honorary sister to Auggie Mathews, and pain in the side to...
23.6K 322 29
Taylor spend most of her life living with her mother, He and Her Mom broke up when she was only a baby. Her mother remarry when she was five, and bre...
266K 6K 45
A common story about an uncle boing having to hear Maya constantly try to change his mind about her.