The Billionaire's Obsession

By ShafiraSardar

Book 1: The Billionaire's Obsession 21 year-old Emily Pierce works as a bartender in one of the most popular... More

Chapter 1 - Mr. Woods
Chapter 2 - Employees Room
Chapter 3 - The VIP Room
Chapter 4 - Fairytale magic
Chapter 5 - Dinner and a Movie
Chapter 6 - Confirmation
Chapter 7 - Best Boyfriend Ever
Chapter 8 - Solid relationship
Chapter 9 - Saint Nick
Chapter 10 - Emily's Needs
Chapter 11 - Stalker Nick
Chapter 13 - Tea with Chris
Chapter 14 - Em's selfish decision
Chapter 15 - The Shameless Whiner
Chapter 16 - Our Future
Chapter 17 - Drunk Chris
Chapter 18 - Emily's Plan
Chapter 19 - The Premiere
Chapter 20 - The Announcement

Chapter 12- Trip for Two

314K 7.7K 460
By ShafiraSardar

I dreaded going home because I knew we'd have a big fight. I couldn't keep my opinions to myself and Nick was just so intense this had to become one of the biggest fights ever. Miles dropped me off and the other two guys hovering close by.

As I entered the apartment I was greeted with a soft light emitting from the living room. I approached the room slowly as if I'd find a ticking time bomb in there. Maybe I would...

Nick was seated on the couch in front of the TV, a tumbler in hand which had amber liquid swirling around. He was drinking and paid me no attention as I approached him.

"Nick..."

He looked up, but he didn't look as angry as I expected him to be. He looked kind of calm which took me off guard. Did Evan already have a talk with him? If he did I'd be totally shocked that Nick actually listened to Evan.

"What?"

"Stalking me is not okay. Stalking me and then barging in at a crowded restaurant while yelling at me and YOUR friend is not okay. You get that right?"

He looked at me, his face staying in that impassive mask as he slowly tilted his head back and emptied the last remains of his bitter looking liquid. Nick sure looked like a ticking time bomb and it looked like I cut the wrong wire.

"I did not stalk you." He said curtly, "Miles called me about dropping you off at the restaurant. It pissed me off that you asked Evan out on a lunch date right after Anna left me a cryptic message about him."

"Wait for what?" I was probably not hearing this right, because Nick talking to Anna even if it was by text seemed really wrong to me, "You stayed in touch with Anna? The woman who wants you, and practically called me a slut at the club the other night?"

"She can want me all she wants, but she is not going to have me." He stood up and headed for the bar, pouring himself yet another drink, "Because I'm in a relationship with you. I don't stray, Em. All I can think about is you, I thought I made that perfectly clear already."

Somehow he managed to make me feel guilty. Make me want to apologize for my behavior when I clearly was not the one at fault here. How the hell did he manage to do that? I needed to learn how to be that charming and manipulative.

"That doesn't change the fact that you're talking to the woman I really don't like!" I closed the distance between us and grabbed onto the lapels of his jacket, "And it's still very wrong what you did, even if she suggested something insane. What did she tell you about Evan anyway?"

He looked down at me as he sipped his drink, "I'm not talking to her, she texted me and I read it. I shouldn't have read the damn text because she made me doubt my best friend." He took another huge gulp before I grabbed the glass from him and stole the last remains of his very strong scotch, "Thankfully Evan gets me."

I nodded, "Yes he gets you." I firmly repeated, "Don't screw that up, because you need people like Evan around you when people like Anna and Giselle are trying to rip your world apart."

Nick made sure the tumbler was safely back on the bar before he grabbed me by my waist and pressed me up against his body. He held me so tightly to him I could barely breathe, but I knew he needed to feel me. Evan told me that this thing was completely new to Nick. He had never felt this way for a woman before, he had no idea how to handle his new feelings.

"I'll try and control my emotions better next time." He promised me quietly.

I knew he'd try. He might fail again, but we'd get there eventually.

"That's all I needed to hear." I looked up, meeting his eyes, "No more stalking. Just give me a call next time."

A humorless chuckle left his lips, "I told you, it was not stalking. Miles knew where you were and he informed me about it. I didn't trace your phone or tracked a car. The man who dropped you off simply informed his employer about his agenda."

"You misused that information to vent your anger." I reminded him.

He leaned down pressing a harsh kiss to my temple, "Fine, next time I'll call first."

Smiling I stood on my toes and cupped his face in my hands. Before he could do or say anything I pressed my lips firmly against his and kissed him with all I got. He reacted immediately and lifted me up, keeping me in place while he headed for the bedroom.

After that day Nick and I had two weeks of pure happiness. Our relationship had its up and downs and I was pretty sure that was normal. When we had a fight it was so intense, but when we made up our relationship only became so much stronger.

Brandon was slowly being prepped as manager and I had a feeling that he liked his new job more than he led on. I asked Nick for a transfer to the new club because let's face it, I only had so much fun at the other club because of Brandon's presence.

"I need to head to Tokyo for a week," Nick announced when he entered Brandon's office without even bothering to knock. I guess when you owned the place you didn't bother with formalities like that.

"Okay?" I looked up from my textbook, kind of surprised he actually had to leave for a week, "When are you leaving?"

"When are we leaving you mean." Nick dropped his jacket on the empty seat beside me and grabbed the file Brandon offered him.

I frowned, "I never agreed on going with you, so no, that's not what I meant."

He was completely focused on the contract Brandon had given him, but somehow he still heard me. He didn't look up nor did he have any kind of emotion on his face. Yet I knew exactly how irritated he was with me and Brandon could feel it as well.

"I'll be gone for a week, Em."

"Yes, I know." I closed my textbook, my eyes glued to his face, "And I'll miss you...But I have classes and a job here. I can't just drop everything and run off to Tokyo with you."

"We're not running off." He signed his name in that elegant handwriting of his and handed the contract back to Brandon, "We're going there for business. You don't actually have to be present for your classes, and I'm pretty sure the owner can give you a week off."

Of course, the owner would allow it, he was my fucking boyfriend. That was not the point I was trying to make though. I had a life, yet Nick assumed I could drop everything to accompany him while he did business.

"Nick..."

He walked around the desk and stood in front of me, his hands shoved in his pockets as he watched me carefully with those blue sparkling eyes.

"You can finish your report at the hotel, you have to upload a digital copy after all. It doesn't matter if you do it here or in Tokyo." He narrowed his eyes at me, "I need you with me, Em."

We hadn't been apart since we started dating, so I knew this was hard on him. It was also hard for me. I grew accustomed to waking up with Nick by my side and falling asleep with him. It would be hard on the both of us, but we'd survive.

"We can do this, Nick. We'll be seven days apart, we should be able to handle that."

He didn't seem convinced though.

"It'll be like a little holiday. I was looking forward to a little sunshine while I'd be in Tokyo. Someone familiar and so very precious to me to come home to."

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Brandon retreat. This was getting too much for him, we were being overly dramatic as he called it and he never wanted to witness it. I, however, was sold on this thing. Nick always knew what to say to make me see it his way. I was probably a lovesick girl who only cared about her boyfriend. That's why the little voice in my head screamed we needed some time apart.

"I'll think about it." I said softly, getting to my feet, "I'm not agreeing yet, so get that through your thick skull."

The side of his lip curled up into a sexy half smirk, "You considering it as all I needed to hear." He leaned in to kiss me.

After our little make-out session in the office, we headed back downstairs. Brandon was on the phone and only nodded at us when we said goodbye. He was very busy lately, but the club was doing pretty good these days. I knew his hard work was very much appreciated by Nick. My boyfriend no longer hated Brandon as much as he did in the beginning. I think Brandon slowly started to grow on him. I was glad they were finally getting along because both men were very important to me.

I grabbed Nick's hand, "You and Brandon are getting along very well these days."

He tightened his grip on me when I mentioned Brandon, "We have to." He glanced at me, "I never expected him to be very good at his job, but he surprised me. That doesn't happen that very often."

So Nick respected him. I could hear it in his voice. It made me proud of my friend. Brandon had the respect of a very successful businessman. It only meant that he was doing a pretty good job and Nick would definitely keep him.

"Brandon just needed the right motivation." Nick held the car door open for me and slipped in after me, telling Miles to drive us to the apartment, "He loves the club you know."

"I know." Nick reassured me, "So that's why I'm not worried about going to Tokyo next week."

Next week sounded so close by. I promised Nick I'd consider it, but I still felt like I shouldn't leave with him. Nick trying to convince me to go with him however changed everything for me. Nick needed me by his side, not because he didn't trust me, but because he'd need me. He needed me.

"I'll go to Tokyo with you." I raised an eyebrow when my boyfriend actually cheered.

He released me when he noticed the change in my attitude, "But?"

"Nothing." I looked away when Nick looked at me with accusing eyes.

He must have felt how nervous I was about all of this because he pulled me closer again and held me tightly to him. He kissed my hair a few times before he settled with holding me close to him.

"I know you don't need me." He whispered, "It's me who needs you."

"People won't see it that way," I whispered into his chest.

"Do we give a fuck about what other people think of our relationship?"

I tried to hide more into his chest, "We shouldn't." I agreed with his sarcastic tone, "But last time we pretended not to care about what other people thought about us, your club took a hit. Anna made sure the first week was complete hell for you. I don't want that to happen again, ever."

He grabbed my chin and made me look at him, "Anna is a married woman you know." His reply shocked me, "If I wanted to...I could take everything away from her. I'll make that perfectly clear to her."

I never expected his ex to be married. The way she always approached Nick made me feel like she was desperate to have him beside her, and maybe she was. Maybe Anna waited for Nick and the moment she had him she'd leave her husband. Women like that disgusted me.

"I can't believe she is married." I pulled away from Nick and stepped to the big ceiling to floor window, "She has been openly seducing you all this time. What does her husband think of that?"

"Her husband is currently in Australia for business so he has no clue about her behavior." I could see Nick's reflection in the window and observed him carefully, "I actually get along very well with him, so I could easily give him a call and inform him about his wife's indecent behavior."

"So why aren't you on the phone with him right now?"

Nick grinned as devious as the Cheshire cat, "Because information is power, Em."

"You're waiting for the right time to use it against her." I turned around and smiled the same way as my boyfriend a minute ago, "You're evil, Nick. I would never have thought I'd like that side of you."

He chuckled, pulling me up effortlessly into his arms and held me close while he walked to the bedroom. I had my legs wrapped around his waist and clung to him, afraid he might disappear if I released him.

***

Brandon smiled sincerely as I told him about Tokyo. There were no mean comments about my boyfriend nor warnings about his intentions. Just a sincere smile. I couldn't help but sway my legs as I sat on top of his desk right next to his right arm.

"That's really great, Em."

I watched him as he went through this week's schedule, "We're basically living together and now a week together in Tokyo, it frightened me at first, but we can do this right, Bran?"

"I know he really cares about you." Bran sounded distracted, I was probably keeping him off his work, "He also knows that if he hurts you I'll hurt him. Go have fun in Tokyo. Call me the minute he screws up so I can kick his ass."

I leaned in and pressed a firm kiss to his temple, "I love you."

Brandon finally looked up from his papers and grinned widely at me. I never saw how his eyes glow with happiness like that. He placed his hand on top of mine that rested on his desk and slightly squeezed it.

"Love you too, Em."

I hopped off his desk and actually went back to work. I had been slacking off lately because my boyfriend was the freaking owner and my best friend was the manager. They both actually didn't give a damn if I did anything or not. I knew though that the other employees would not be so happy about my behavior so I went back behind the bar and started pouring drinks.

***

Nick had invited Evan over for dinner, which surprised me, but then again they were close friends. Whatever happened at lunch might have been forgotten already. Evan probably scolded Nick for his behavior as well and now my boyfriend knew not to act like a creepy stalker. At least I hoped we all got through to him.

"You looking forward to Tokyo, Em?" Evan asked me as he helped me set the table.

Nick was on the phone, pacing around the living room like a madman. I wondered if he didn't get dizzy with how many circles he already made around the couch.

"I have a report due so technically I'm not supposed to have fun..."

Evan rolled his eyes at me, "Shut up."

"During the day Nick will be in meetings so I'll just work on my school assignment. After his meetings, we'll probably go out. I'm not sure."

Evan leaned closer to me, "I heard Anna's husband is also stopping by. You might want to drop by and introduce yourself...politely."

I knew exactly what he meant by that. His tone was not hard to decode. I'd definitely introduce myself to her husband and tell him a thing or two about his wife, even when Nick wanted to keep it to himself. No harm could be done if I simply seemed interested in his life, asking a question or two about his wife. One thing would lead to another and he'd know what Anna was up to. Mastermind Evan was definitely on my side and I very much appreciated that. The devious guy winked at me and took a seat at the table, calling out to Nick to hang up the damn phone and join us for dinner.

"If you don't hurry up I'll get your dessert as well," Evan warned him.

I smiled when Nick seemed irritated but amused at the same time. Nick approached the table after finishing his call and kissed my cheek, flashing a glare at his friend.

"If you touch my chocolate cake I'll deck you."

Laughing I shook my head and told both men to grow up, "Let's enjoy dinner without the constant bickering, okay?"

I would never admit to them that I loved their constant bickering. Even after all the drama, those delusional people put us through we still managed to stay strong together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 401 24
"His passion is dynamic and I have fallen prey to his desires," A life changing relocation from a small Ohio town to New York City for sixteen year...
182 0 25
Jordan Miller, a 23 year old successful billionaire businessman, just witnessed his girlfriend cheating on him with his best friend so it stands to r...
32K 1K 43
Azlynn Jennings is a 19-year-old woman trying to forge her own path in this world. She works tirelessly at a restaurant to pay for her small studio a...
102K 6.2K 40
Jayden 26 years old man who has to battle everyday to provide medical bills for his father heart condition and also provide daily means for his 7 mon...