Avengers Family

By A_Unique_Username_

A series of oneshots featuring the Avengers acting as a family. Open for requests. More

Introduction
Chaos (Platonic Avengers - Peter Centric)
Touch Yourself Toys (Platonic centered on Steve, Tony, and Clint)
Blackout (Irondad)
Starving (Platonic Avengers - Peter Centric)
There's Something About Peter (Platonic Avenger - Peter Centric)
5 Times Peter Confused Everyone with Gen Z Culture + 1
Peter Parker is Not a Superhero and That's Okay. (Platonic Steve and Peter)
Not on My Watch (Natasha and Peter Centric)
Self-Care (Platonic Peter and Bucky)
Move-In
Baby Monitor (Platonic Peter)
Mighty Peter
Spidey Powers (Peter Centric)
Disappointing You (Irondad)
Costumes (Bucky Centric)
Working On It (Request)
Sam (The Dog)
Sniffles and Snuggleforts (Spidermom)
Stop Talking - (Platonic Avengers)
Christmas Spirit (Spidermom)
Guilt and Control (Peter Centric)
Under Surveillance
Support (Spidermom)
Disability not Definition
Sneezes
Security Footage
Zoom
5 Times the Avengers Discovered Peter Could Sing + 1 Time They Already Knew
Anorexia (Natasha Centric)
Just a Note
Vaccine
Skip
Blood
ZHS (Zoom Part 2)

Christmas! (Platonic Avengers)

2.4K 68 16
By A_Unique_Username_

"Woah, look at those reindeer! They move!" Steve excitedly pointed toward the display in the store's window.

"I can't believe they've had those up since October." Clint scoffed. "My kids begged me to decorate for the holidays and we were only just getting supplies for Halloween."

"It's crazy. You must be shocked at how commercialized the holiday has gotten Steve." Tony glanced around at all the lights and ornaments, the general unhappy expression never leaving his face. He liked Christmas, but department stores were not his forte. He wouldn't be anywhere near the mall if he hadn't agreed to help with the damages caused by the latest round of villains.

"It's not-" Steve's response was cut off by the creaking of metal debris, alerting the heroes of a nearby pile in need of removal. 

By the time the three men finished up, it was late evening. "I'm just going to use the suit to fly back to get some work done, but I can call a car for you two."

"I'm good. Laura is going to pick me up so we can run some errands before getting home."

"Steve?"

"No thanks. I'm good. I've also got some stuff to do."

Tony shrugged. "See you back at the tower."

The men waved goodbye and parted in different directions. Steve went off into the mall and picked up as many Christmas items as he could. He had shopping bags filled with decorations, gift-wrapping supplies, and cookie making ingredients when he returned to his room. While he wasn't anywhere close to as wealthy as Tony, SHEILD paid him well, and Tony covered rent and food, so he had plenty of extra cash to burn.

"Wow. Someone really went to town with the Christmas shopping." Bruce whistled as he passed Steve on his way down to the lab. Steve just smiled.

—————

"Look at all that fresh snow! Let's go outside and make snowmen!" Peter excitedly yelled from his position by the window.

"It's way below freezing and it's windy outside." Sam looked warily outside. "Barring an emergency of apocalyptic proportions, I am not going outside today."

"No way kid." Tony clutched his warm mug of coffee tighter. Bruce shook his head as well.

"I'll join you!" Steve enthusiastically volunteered. The others looked skeptically at his cheer. Natasha raised an eyebrow.

Peter bounded over to the coat rack to grab his things, pulling Steve in the direction of the door. The super solider good-naturedly let himself be pulled into the freezing cold. His metabolism would keep him from freezing, but that didn't mean he wouldn't feel it.

For hours, anytime anyone glanced out the window, they would see Steve and Peter playing in the snow. Steve and Peter laughing as they constructed snowmen. Steve and Peter laying in the snow, making snow angels as they told each other stories. Steve and Peter building a ramp and then using Steve's sled to do tricks on it.

"Steve must really like the winter." The Avengers had only moved in together earlier this year, so they hadn't been around Steve in the winter very much until recently. They just assumed his personality was such that he really enjoyed the season.

—————

"Yeah, so if you just crawl around or whatever it is you usually do on your missions, we can test the clarity of the feedback." Tony tossed a new version of a transmitter to Clint.

"'Crawl around'? Is that really what you think I do? I'm a recognizance specialist. An expert in the field."

"And to test it out you will be?"

"Strategically moving on my arms and legs in the air circulation system."

"Crawling around in the air vents?" Tony rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, pretty much." Clint reached for the metal grates and shimmed in. "How's the visual?"

"Crystal clear. I must say, this is some of my best." The pride in Tony's voice was evident. "Don't break it."

"No trust. Jeez I won't." Clint whined. "Approaching the captain's room now. Shall we take a peek?"

"I usually don't condone spying-" Clint snorted at Tony's words and began to open the shaft to Steve's room. "Shut up - I'm usually a good person. I'm just bored so I'm making an exception. Let's see if the programming picks him up as superhuman."

Before the room even came into view, a notification appeared on Tony's screen. 'Two enhanced beings detected'.

"It's showing two Legolas, be on the lookout for Barnes in there."

"Woah, did Christmas throw up in here?" Clint popped his head out from near the ceiling. He couldn't see the super soliders from his position but he could hear them.

"And these ones look like icicles, they can just wrap around like this and they light up!" Steve's voice rang clearly through the audio transmitter.

"I like the candy cane ones better I think." Barnes' response was picked up just as easily. "It's amazing how many decorations they have nowadays. I think this is the second year I'll have a tree."

"It's the first time for me." Steve sighed, sounding mesmerized. 

"You punk. Why haven't you had one in the past three years?"

"I just didn't feel too festive. The holidays made me feel..."

"Homesick." Bucky finished solemnly. "Welp, let's go all out this year then! You're actually well enough to go outside this time!" He laughed.

"I could go outside before." The pout was evident in Steve's indignant voice.

"Sure, if your Christmas plans included dying of pneumonia." Bucky's sarcastic tone was quickly replaced with curiosity. "Show me what this one is supposed to do."

Clint moved silently back into the duct. "Did you happen to catch that too?" He whispered, backtracking toward the lab.

"Loud and clear."

"Natasha?!"

"She snuck in at the hurling Christmas comment. What was I going to do?" Tony stated nonchalantly. "I did hear the...other stuff too..."

"It makes sense though. He was sickly, poor, and had no family before the war. Then there was war. Then he was thrown alone into our world. When would he celebrate Christmas?" Natasha spoke thoughtfully.

Clint finally dropped back into the room with Natasha and Tony, landing with a small thud.

"Well then." Tony slammed his fist against the table. "We will just have to have the best Christmas ever. It's only December 10th, and I know just who can help us out."

In the middle of the night, with the dexterity only a group of highly trained superheroes could pull off, the entire tower was decorated. There had been a few tasteful reminders of Christmas and a medium tree before, but with the help of Peter and Thor, all ninety three floors were completely decked out.

Everyone crowded behind the monitor in Tony's room as they waited for Steve to emerge from his room. At 5am on the dot, the door opened and Steve narrowly avoided a snowflake that was hanging a bit low from the hallway ceiling. His expression morphed from battle-mode to confusion to pure delight. He quickly looked around him, taking in all the other decorations.

Then he knocked at the door next to his. Without waiting, he let himself in. In moments, a drowsy looking Bucky was also in view of the camera. He perked up at the Winter Wonderland in front of him and a huge smile broke across his face.

The individuals watching the screen couldn't help but grin as Steve and Bucky explored the tower with childlike wonder. Despite their genetically fighting-tailored physiques, it was easy to imagine they were young boys with the genuine wonder displayed on their faces.

The holiday season was filled with every activity the tower's inhabitants could come up with. Peter, Steve, and Bucky did everything along with whatever Avengers were available at the time. They made gingerbread houses, went ice skating, wore ugly Christmas sweaters and festive pajamas, and watched so many movies. Tony threw a giant party for everyone he could think of, and Bruce arranged a small  Secret Santa for the close friends. In true Steve fashion, they also attended mass and did charity work at orphanages and homeless shelters.

Since being unfrozen, Bucky had taken a liking to photography, and his pictures documented the whole Christmas. From Peter covered in frosting to Thor with red ribbons braided in his hair to Steve in a fuzzy grinch sweater - the Christmas season was unforgettable.

When the day finally came, everyone was up early to participate in Secret Santa. They all pitched in to make a giant brunch so Tony wouldn't hire any catering staff on Christmas Day. As they sat on the couch, surronded by wrapping paper but full and happily sipping hot cocoa, Steve spoke up.

"Thank you guys, for everything. This is the best Christmas I've ever had."

Tony pretended to act cool, but he was clearly a bit emotional at the statement. He tried to play it off as something he would've done anyway, but the way he glanced at Peter and Steve told a completely different story.

Peter leaned over and spoke quietly so just Steve and Bucky could hear him. "It's just what family does on Christmas."

"Okay boys, but to warn you, these are traditions now, you're stuck doing all this festive stuff every year with us." Natasha winked.

"There's nothing I'd rather do they spend the holidays making traditions with you guys." Steve replied.

"Sap." Bucky snorted, but his eyes were red.

"To found family." Sam, who was already a bit tipsy, rose his glass. "I'm so glad I decided to adopt all of your broken asses and look forward to spending another year with all of you, even Barnes."

"To family." Everyone else rose their mugs and clinked them together. They were home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 4 29
Some oneshots with: Steve, Bucky, Tony, Natasha, Clint, Thor, Loki, Peter and Bruce. sometimes with Y\N
2.7K 137 22
Avengers One Shot! Based on your favorite Avengers! Requests Are Open!
3.7K 195 51
Oneshots of your favorite MCU characters!
264K 8.1K 42
Avengers oneshots. [marked as complete but potential updates may occur in the future.] Includes: Irondad Spideypool IronWinter Spideychelle And much...