Cruel Moons

Por matefreak12

Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back f... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 8

1.2K 43 5
Por matefreak12

"You're going to need more clothes", Adrian says to me one day over breakfast. I've been fitting into the pack pretty great but I have been running out of clean clothes which forces me to wear his shirts. I secretly love smelling like him but I know I need to get my own stuff eventually.

"I can go out shopping today. Where's the nearest mall?"

"I can take you", he replies.

"Don't you have super important Alpha duties?", I tease him

"Yes, and one of them is to protect my clothes from you", he playfully teases me back.

A few hours later we get ready to head to the mall. Adrian invited his beta Grayson and his mate Lexi to join us.

I haven't had a chance to bond with Lexi very much so I was glad she was coming. Lexi and I dashed to many stores and started our shopping spree while leaving the boys to wonder.

After many shopping bags later, we decided to slow down and look for the boys.

"Hey Lexi, has Adrian been searching for his mate", I felt very nervous about asking this but I figured this would be the best time to do so.

"He used to but his search kind of slowed down sometime last year. No one really asks him about it anymore"

I nod my head in understanding and decided not to push it anymore. I figured Lexi already knew about my rejected mate situation since she never asked me.

We finally find Adrian and Grayson walking around looking lost.

"Anyone hungry?", I ask which Adrian eagerly agreed to. Grayson and Lexi said they have to leave since they had dinner plans with Grayson's parents who live nearby.

I suggested to eat at the pack house since Grayson and Lexi left us but Adrian insisted on staying in town. He picked a nice Italian restaurant which was owned by one of his pack members so we were able to be seated right away. 

"So how do you like your new pack" Adrian asks me once we were seated and ordered drinks.

"I have to say it's one of the bests I've been to" I replied which made him smile.

"So I was thinking since I don't have the strength to be a warrior that I could help manage the orphanage."

Adrian gives me a curious look which I figure he would.  Usually the orphanages are managed by women that have lost their mates in battle and it was also the role of the Luna to help take care of the kids of the pack.

"I think that would be good but I would still like to train with you"

"Really?" I reply shocked.

"Yes, Rylee. I think you are very talented even without your full strength", Adrian says with another smile. I look down and take a sip of my drink trying to control the blush on my face. 

After finishing two cocktails I start to realize that I am feeling kind of drunk. Usually werewolves need a lot more to drink.

"Uh do you feel funny" I ask Adrian and then start to giggle. 

"I feel fine but I think the alcohol is getting to you" he says with a concerned face.

"You're cute" I blurt out and then feel my face turn red

"Uh no I didn't mean that" I say while keeping my face low and trying to control the dizziness in my head.

Adrian just starts laughing and then helps me stand up while leaving the restaurant.  Once we get back in his car I start to close by eyes feeling sleepy.

"Can I sleep here" I ask with a giggle feeling very relaxed.

"Sure, I can carry you inside" he says while helping to buckle my seat.

"Once you find your mate I will have to move out right" I say with a pout.  I turn to look at Adrian but everything is blurry.

"You don't have to worry about that Rylee", he quietly says. I feel his hand on my face helping me move my hair back. His skin feels so good I think I let out a moan.

"Sometimes I hope you won't ever find her so I can stay with you forever", I quietly say before I close my eyes. I feel a pair of lips kiss my cheek but I don't know if I imagined it or not.
————————————————————————

I wake up the next morning with the sun shining in my face. I look around and realize I'm in Adrian's room alone.  I've slept in his room a few times so I figured he carried me to his bed after I fell asleep in his car.

The memories from last night are kind of blurry but I hope I didn't embarrass myself too much. I make a mental note to never drink in front of Adrian again.

As I get ready to go downstairs I decide to be more formal with Adrian.  I don't want to make him feel weird around me and I especially don't want to be kicked out if his future mate knows how close our friendship is.

"Good morning Alpha Adrian", I say to him while he is cooking in the kitchen.   He turns to me to give me a weird look. 

"I am going to the orphanage to help with breakfast" I say quickly while running out of the house before he can respond.

Once I make it to the orphanage I start helping the workers to make breakfast and clean up after all the children.  Only a short while later I see Adrian come inside and greet everyone. My eyes widen in surprise while I try to remain calm around him.

"Need any help in here Rylee", Adrian asks me by sneaking up behind me.  I yelp quietly in surprise and playfully slap his shoulder for scaring me.

"What are you doing here Adrian?"

"Well as you greeted me today, I am the Alpha and do like checking up on my pack members", he responds with a big smile on his face. 

Thankfully at that moment a little girl ran up to me asking to help brush her hair .  I took that as my advantage to escape Adrian and take her to the girls bathroom.

By the time I came out I notice Adrian already left.  I knew my reaction around him means something but I try to push it away since I know it's wrong.

I head to the pack house to find Hannah who i learned is in charge of the housing.  After asking around I finally find her in one of the offices.

"Hey Hannah, I am -"

"Rylee of course. I have heard about your role defeating Alpha Jax.

"Oh thank you" I say shyly, "I just wanted to ask if any housing available yet"

"Oh yes, we always have something available for females.  Especially from the last war, many people found their mates and moved to other packs."

"So you've had room since right after the war"

She nods her head yes and shows me all the available rooms.  I think back to when Adrian told me nothing was available so that's why I've been staying at his house. 

I tell Hannah I'll be back soon to make arrangements.

I start traveling back to Adrian's house but he's no where to be found.  I check the pack house and all his offices but again no luck.  After a few moments of frustration I realized there is one place I haven't looked yet.

As I start to trade into the forest I hear some commotion to the right. I lightly walk towards it which is when I see Adrian in wolf form clawing at trees.  It looks like he's trying to let some rage out so I watch from the sidelines. 

After several moments his wolf starts to settle down and then transform back into human form.  When I see Adrian stand completely naked my body starts to heats up.  I shamelessly check out every muscle on his body and again curse the moon goddess for not making him my mate.

"Rylee you can come out now"

I jump up, startled by Adrian speaking to me who is now wearing a pair of shorts.  I guess I was not as sneaky as I thought I was.

"Sorry I-uhwas looking for you. And I didn't want to interrupt your rage session"

"I was only doing that because someone pissed me off today" he responded.

"What happened?" I asked concerned

"Well someone I thought I was very close with decided to ignore me today" he replies. Right away I realize he's talking about me.

"Why did you tell me there is no housing available in the pack house." I confront him instantly to shift the conversation

He looks taken back for a second but then stands up fully and towers over me.

"I thought I would be a good friend and not force you into living with a much of girls that all talk about wanting to meet their mates" he says aggressively 

I take a step back before responding, "I appreciate that but you didn't have to protect me"

"Rylee what is this really about. Why are you being distant" he says while taking a large step towards me.

I lick my lips in nervousness and continue to step back until I lean against a tree. I take a deep breathe and say what I've been meaning to say to him.

"It's not fair to your future mate to be close to another girl.  She's going to hate me and force me out of the pack"

I feel Adrian push me further against the tree. He is towers over me and places his hands on my wrists.
Before I can ask what he's doing, he grabs my wrists and places them above my head. In the next second he slams his lips on mine and deepens the kiss.   I close my eyes in bliss and kiss him back hard while pressing my body against his.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.2M 42.9K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
634K 13.9K 28
"Ha-ha." He laughs, " You're my mate, ha-ha. The Moon goddess must have messed it up this time. Me? Your mate? That's really funny. Who would want yo...
181K 1.8K 11
•Completed• Disclaimer; Only FIVE chapters AVAILABLE. FOLLOW my story on 'FICFUN', If you want to know what HAPPENS NEXT. •Top position; 3rd in Writi...
754K 21.8K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...