I'm The White Wolf

By shruthii

"Everett" I called him when he paused in his tracks. I looked around and realized that we were right in the m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
EPILOGUE

Chapter 18

51.4K 2K 249
By shruthii

Namaste,

Chapter 18 is here, which is dedicated to @ deki91598 :)

****

“Now I know what a ghost is.

Unfinished business, that’s what.”

-Salman Rushdie,

The Satanic Verses.

EVERETT P.O.V

I was sitting on an arm chair in Randall’s apartment, with my ankle resting on my knee. He wasn’t home but I have been patiently waiting for him from the past fifteen minutes.

As soon, as I got a call from Zander, I drove to the airport along with Keith and Terence. Four hours later, I finally reached his apartment in the BlackRaven. If I had come through land route then I would have still been in the road by now.

I ordered Terence and Keith to stay near the building and not come in, because I wanted to be alone when I confront that bastard. When I broke into his apartment, I found nothing that was of importance. I suppose this is just one of his hideouts and not his actually home.

‘He is here’ Keith informed through the link and I growled. My wolf wanted me to kill him but I had other great plans for Randall.

Just a minute later, I heard footsteps approaching, sounds of keys jumbling and then being inserted into the keyhole. Whistling a tune, Randall stepped inside his apartment and went on to switch the light. But that was an act because he quickly turned and threw a knife in my direction. I caught the knife, with both hands, just before it could pierce my shoulders.

“You have a bad aim” I muttered placing the knife on the table ahead of me. In the meantime, Randall switched on the light and walked towards the built-in bar. “Just like your accomplice” I added watching him like a hawk.

“Maybe I missed this target but I did achieve the other” he said with a grin and my wolf bared his fangs. “Drink?” he questioned and I nodded. He lifted a bottle of whisky, opened it and then poured the amber colored liquid into two glasses.

Passing me a glass, he went and sat on the other side of the table, facing me. He looked absolutely confident and I didn’t like it. I wanted him to be scared of me but he was displaying no such emotion.

“So, what do you want to know?” Randall asked after taking a sip.

“I already know the answer to why, but I want to know how.”

“It was quite simple actually” he said with a shrug and I almost crushed my glass. “Her wolf was in total shock after losing the baby and had gone weak, refusing to fight. Drew settled in fine inside her body after just a little prayer. But first Drew had to kill himself. There was no peace for his soul because he was a vengeful spirit and so he easily took over her body, to avenge for all the injustice happened to us” He imparted and took another sip. “You see, I am a faithful devotee of the dark moon goddess. I have been worshipping her even before my sister was mated to a Ryker. I have been worshipping her since the day my Alpha blamed me for something I did not do. I worship her wholeheartedly and she pleases all my wishes and my wish was to kill the white wolf slowly and painfully” He added with a smirk.

All color drained from my face and I felt my heart hammering in my chest. No. No. No. He is not going to kill Templar.

“So she is going to die?” I asked in a whisper. As I spoke those words, I felt Goosebumps appear all over my body. My wolf gave a painful howl and I closed my eyes.

“Well, her soul will depart and go right back where it came from, but her body will be there. I mean, that is what you want right, her body” he sneered and I crushed the glass. Drew made a comical expression at that and faked a wince, “Ooh… That’s going to hurt” he said when he saw a piece of glass in my palm.

I removed it harshly and threw it on the ground, ignoring the pain. As my cut started healing, my wolf paced repeatedly inside me.

What has this fucker done to her? How am I going to save Templar? What will I do now?

“I should warn you, it will not be a girl in that body. And as far as I know, Drew isn’t gay” he remarked with a wicked grin and I growled murderously.

“Bastard” I grated, grinding my even teeth together.

“You were absolutely right that day. I didn’t miraculously found Templar while hunting for fucking medicinal plants. Hell, I don’t even know what one of those looks like” he grinned and took another sip. “But she found me. I made her come to me, walk for two days to find me. By the end of it she was so weak that she collapsed right at my feet” he said pointing his index to his feet and then looked at me with a pleased smile, while I watched the cat eyed creature in unhidden disgust.

With every ounce of energy in my body, I pushed my wolf back. He wanted me to tear this wolf apart but I am not going to do it.

I came here knowing fully well that Randall did terrible things to Templar. But my main intention was to make him talk. I wanted him to talk and tell me everything. That was why I was letting him sing like a canary bird.

“So how long do I have my Templar for?” I questioned quietly.

“Until the eclipse” he answered and took another sip. Seven more days! I have seven more days to save Templar before she dies.

“And after that?”

“On the day of the eclipse, Drew will take over her body but I think her powers will go with her” Randall mused and I glared at him. “As of right now, Drew is quite enjoying himself with her powers. Heard he tried to drown some kids but you saved them” Randall said impressively and I gritted my teeth.

I knew it too. The boys already confessed that Templar had seen them and that she was smirking when they begged her to stop. They were scared that day and hence they lied to me. Only, now we know it wasn’t Templar. It was Drew who had taken over Templar’s body.

Drew, who had tried to make Edward look like a fool. Drew, who had tried to put the blame on Terence. It was Drew, who had attacked the temple and the same Drew, who will completely take over Templar’s body on the eclipse.

Day and night, it will be Drew inside my mate’s body. At that thought, my mouth ran dry and I was at a loss of words.

“How did you find out?” Randall queried cocking an eyebrow.

“He was stupid enough to touch silver” I replied and then thought whether that very silver will be able to kill Drew.

“You cannot” Randall answered for me. “If you try to kill Drew with silver then not only will Drew die, but your mate’s body will get burnt too” he said with a smirk and I paled.

What can I do to save Templar?

My wolf stopped, gave a loud howl before continuing with pacing.

“You cannot do anything to save your mate” Randall said placing the empty glass on the table. “Maybe you can pray to that blind goddess of yours” he added and I snarled in fury. “I still don’t get why you worship her. Why the white wolf worships her? Your goddess didn’t do anything to help the white wolf” Randall pointed out and I clenched my fists.

But then, all of a sudden, my wolf stopped pacing and recalled what Randall said. Lowering my lashes, I kept repeating what he said in my mind.

“You just have seven more days. Enjoy those days with the white wolf and also prepare yourself to say goodbye to her” he imparted smugly.

I raised my head and looked at him with a smirk and Randall blinked. “Thank-you” I said as an afterthought and Randall shot me a puzzled look.

“For killing your mate?” he asked trying to be cocky, but his eyes were wary.

“No. I want to say Thank-you for telling me that I have a problem and mostly importantly, I want to say Thank-you for giving me a solution to that problem” I said and stood up. Walking towards the bar, I sat on the stool and poured myself a drink.

I was fully aware that I had Randall’s full attention now and so I decided to take my own time. He liked it slowly and painfully and that is what I am going to give to him.

“A solution?” he queried and I nodded after taking a sip my drink. As the liquid ran down my throat, I felt a faint sense of relief.

Nothing is going to happen to Templar!

“Yes” I said and took another sip. Randall growled lowly, apprehensively and I smirked at that. “You asked me why I worship goddess. Well, if it wasn’t for her blessing, I would have been just like you. Living in a world full of misery and darkness. My world may not be full of happiness all the time, but it isn’t full of misery either. Every time there is misery, thanks to the blessings of the Goddess, I learn to fight it and find that happiness” I said confidently and took another sip.

“You asked why the White Wolf worships the goddess. It’s because of the same reason. But there is one more reason for Templar and that is she spreads happiness around her too. She makes others happy, which I am not always capable of doing. Templar sheds tears of pain when others are sad, but she also sheds tears of happiness when others are happy” I stated honestly and Randall pursed his lips.

“And your last question was why the goddess didn’t do anything to help the White Wolf. Templar always tells me one thing, which her mother, the goddess, tells her. And that is- everything happens for a reason and the reason is always good” I said and Randall rolled his eyes.

“Goddess might give us pain, but she also gives us tremendous amount of happiness. She gives us so much joy that as time passes, we forget what that pain once felt like” as I said those words, I finally realized I could move on from what happened with our baby. I could slowly forget about the unborn child. I would have loved that baby wholeheartedly had it been born, but since that is not going to happen, I cannot spend my life mourning for it. Instead, I should focus on giving all my love and care for the children we are going to have in future.

I don’t even blame Templar’s wolf anymore. She could have done nothing to save the child and no mother intentionally puts her child in danger.

“That is your solution?” Randall asked laughing and I nodded. “Good luck to you then” he said smugly and I shook my head with a smile.

 Emptying the glass, I placed it on the bar counter and stood up. “You gave me seven days to save Templar. But I am going to give you ten days to save yourself” I said and this time my wolf stood at the front line. Randall’s smile vanished and he narrowed his eyes at me. “The three days extra is for you to pack your bags, run and find a suitable place to hide” I imparted with a smirk and Randall frowned.

“Because on the eleventh day, I, myself, am going to bring the White Wolf here” I professed using my Alpha tone and Randall gulped.

Baring my fangs, I growled murderously at Randall, one last time, before marching towards the door.

“How are we going to get it out of her?” Terence asked sitting in the backseat. “Do you have a plan?”

“I have faith” I retorted confidently.

“We need to do something soon. We have time only until the eclipse” he said and I closed my eyes. I really didn’t want to think about the eclipse now.

At the airport, there was a private jet waiting for us.

“Call Sveta and ask her to sedate Templar before sunset” I told Keith who glared at me.

“Are you out of your mind?” Terence bellowed.

“I don’t want Randall having any contact with Templar after sunset” I said to them. “I want Templar asleep the whole night” I stated and Keith nodded. When he called Sveta, I pulled out my cellphone and called Templar.

“Hi” she answered after the first ring.

“Hi. Templar, listen, I will not be home today” I said and there was silence on the other end.

“Why?” she asked softly on the other side and I gulped. Her voice sounded so painful that it almost convinced me to cave in. But then I reminded myself that I was doing this for Templar.

“I have to go to GreenRock” I replied quietly. “I have been missing work, but now Egan called and asked me to come” I lied.

“Okay. When will you be back?” she questioned.

“Tomorrow noon”

“Alright” she said and I was pretty sure she was smiling on the other side.

“Templar” I called her.

“Yeah?”

“I love you.”

“I love you” she cut the call after that. Closing my eyes, I gritted my teeth and pushed back my wolf, who desperately wanted a run.

The last two weeks has been exasperating for him and now, he wanted a run. He wanted a run to vent all his frustrations out. After few minutes, he settled in and I opened my eyes.

I found Keith and Terence staring at me curiously.

“GreenRock?” Keith questioned cocking an eyebrow and I nodded. “Why GreenRock?”

“I just want to go” I told him. My instinct was telling me to go there ever since I began wondering what I am supposed to do. I mainly think it might be because that is where I was born. That is where I have grown up. I was an Alpha of that pack first. That is where I met my mate. That is the place where this all started. That is the place where WhiteWolf was born.

It has been only a year since I joined WaterWave pack and hence my ties with that pack weren’t as strong as it was with GreenRock.

GreenRock was once home and I knew the doors of that pack would always be open to me, no matter where I go.

“You can go home if you want to” I told Keith.

After few seconds of contemplating, Keith sighed and shook his head. “Let’s go to GreenRock” Keith said with a smile.

“Sveta already sedated her” Keith said while were walking towards the car waiting for us in the airport, close to GreenRock Pack. It was eight-thirty in the evening when we landed here.

I winced as I heard it. I really hope Templar is okay though. “How long will she be out for?” I demanded.

“A good ten hours” Keith replied and I nodded. That was more than enough!

“By the time she wakes up, sun will be up too” Terence murmured from beside me.

“How did they give it to her?” I asked in a whisper, climbing into the passenger seat of Sam’s car.

“They put it in her drink” Keith answered.

I stiffened as I heard it. I really hoped that the medicine didn’t have any side effects.

“Relax, Sveta told me that it doesn’t have any side effects” Keith said and I nodded nervously.

However, my wolf was still pacing. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t want to hurt Templar, but he wanted to hurt Drew, who had taken over Templar’s body. Every night, Templar isn’t herself and she is not even aware of that truth.

I don’t know when she will realize it but I don’t intend to tell that truth to her either. I don’t know how she’ll react and right now, the most important thing for me is to get rid of Drew. Get rid of that vengeful spirit from Templar’s body.

Randall will be dealt with later, but first, I have to throw Drew out.

With so much going on, I wondered how I managed to stay sane. My wolf was getting agitated every passing minute and I was waiting just until we reach the woods. Once I reach the woods, it will be safe to shift into my wolf and go for a run.

However, until then I had to control myself.

“You have that book with you even here?” Terence inquired with a chuckle. I turned my head and found Keith flipping the pages of Genessa’s book.

“Yes. I thought it would stop me from sleeping in the flight. Besides, this book is very interesting” Keith murmured. “Did you know there are other supernatural creatures like us out there?” Keith asked and I rolled my eyes.

“I know about vampires” Terence mumbled.

“Not just them. There are many out there like the phoenix, harpies, and dragons-”

“What about the witches?” Sam asked cocking an eyebrow.

“Yes, witches and then there are many more tribal groups too. Each tribal group has their own practice, their own legends. They were actually humans but with prayer and devotion, they have acquired blessings, from their respective deity, in the form of some superpowers that makes them supernatural creatures” Keith said and I nodded impassively. I was just listening to their conversation because I didn’t want to shift inside Sam’s car.

“Where are these tribal groups?” Terence asked peculiarly.

“All over the world. They live in woods just like us. Who knows, some might even live with humans” Keith replied.

“Is there something about them in that book?” Sam queried interestedly.

“Yes. There are mentions of few tribes of various countries. Some worship the sun; some moon just like us. There are some who worship nature, while there are also others who worship a particular element too” Keith responded.

“You mentioned powers. What are their powers?” Terence questioned.

“Healing. It’s written here that those who worship a particular element can control that element. There are others who can see future. Actually, it varies in each tribe.”

“Makes sense, our ancestors were tribal people, once upon a time” Terence murmured. “Are there any shape shifters like us?”

“Oh! There are many. Snakes, deers, tigers, beasts. That’s all mentioned in this book” Keith answered.

“Stop the car” I finally said when I spotted the woods.

“What?” Sam asked as I dropped my mobile in the seat.

“I said stop the car” I growled loudly. Once the car came to a halt, I climbed out and ran towards the woods. There I didn’t waste any second to shift into my black wolf.

I sensed a tremendous joy inside me as I watched my fur grow and my hands and feet transmuting into paws with sharp claws.

It felt good, shifting and letting him out. I had him cooped up for almost two weeks and now as my paws touched the ground, I felt relieved. Craning my neck and howling loudly, painfully, I ran incredibly fast. I just needed to get everything out of my system. I kept running evading branches, jumping through bushes.

Trees were a blur to me. All I could see was the path ahead.

Since it was night, there were many other pack wolves in the woods. However they would get out of my way as soon as they spot me.

Around an hour later, I stopped near a lake and drank some water. But I didn’t sit and take any rest, I continued running.

Early morning, I spotted a hyena in the middle of the woods. Half an hour later, I was done tearing him apart too. I vented all my anger at that poor creature and in the end, even though I felt guilty, I was calmed.

I felt a lot better than I did when I came here.

After running some more, I finally stopped in front of the GreenRock pack temple. The guards, who were there, opened the gate, letting me in. The temple door like always was wide open.

Entering the temple, I walked slowly because the tiles were kind of slippery to my wolf. The fire torches on either side of the wall provided abundant light. I stared at the statue of the goddess.

This is where everything related to White Wolf had started. This is where it once ended too. But now it had started again and I wondered how it will end.

How am I going to help Templar? What can I do?

I sat on the floor and resting my head on my paws, I stared at the goddess statue. Please show me some way, I prayed and then closed my eyes.

I was woken up when I felt harsh rays of sun on my eyes. Growling, I looked around and realized that I had slept in my wolf form, in the temple.

Wobbling my head, I stood up. My eyes then fell on the statue of the Goddess which was illuminating like bright diamond. I suspected it was one in the noon because that’s the only time the statue illuminates like this.

I had designed the new temple building. In fact, this was the first building I designed. I had planned that opening in the dome, which would let the sunlight fall directly on the statue. The idea had come to my head after I had seen the way silver shines in the sunlight.

The statue looked breathtakingly beautiful. The rays of the sunlight, passing through the opening, seemed like a spotlight on the statue.

Watching this, first thing, is a good day to begin my day, I thought happily. Maybe, I can find a way to help Templar today?

I looked at the Goddess statue, shining brightly thanks to the rays of the sunlight. I had prayed yesterday and I was confident that she would definitely show me a way.

There was no need of any light because we had the natural source of light coming through the dome. Craning my neck, I looked up at the dome opening through which the rays of the sun would pass. The sun was brightening the moon temple during the day just like it brightens the moon at night, I thought with a smile.

However, my smile vanished as I thought about the eclipse. During solar eclipse, moon will block the sun and create total darkness around. It is exactly during those few minutes; Drew will be able to take over Templar’s body.

Normally we werewolves, get weak during the solar eclipse. Our power diminishes when the silhouette of the moon, totally conceals the bright light of the sun.

What should I do? How can I help Templar?

Whining softly, I looked up. As I kept staring at the statue, I suddenly realized something which was happening right in front of me. The sun’s light was brightening the moon Goddess’s statue. The moon has no light of its own, it reflects the sunlight- I clearly remember reading that in school. And that is what was happening now.

A solar eclipse is only possible when the moon obscures the sun. An eclipse is possible only when there is- The moon and the sun.

I also know that sun is considered to be like a brother to the moon, in some mythology.

Maybe in all this lies the solution to my problem?

Quickly saying a Thank-you to the Goddess, I ran back to my house in this pack.

I was surprised to see Terence and Keith in the living room. Keith was still reading the book, while Terence was talking to someone in the phone.

“He is here” I heard Terence saying and I realized, he was talking to Templar. I knew Templar might have been worried sick about me because I hadn’t called her since morning.

 ‘Get me some clothes’ I told Terence through the link. He nodded and went upstairs.

After shifting back and getting dressed, I called Templar.

“Rett” she answered quickly. “Where were you? I have been calling you since the morning. Were you busy? Is anything wrong?”

“Calm down” I said with a chuckle. “Nothing is wrong. In fact, everything will be alright” I stated brightly. Both Keith and Terence looked at me in confusion.

“You said you’ll be here by today noon” Templar complained from the other side and I knew she was frowning.

“There has been a change in plans. I need two to three more days” I imparted softly. “After that I will be returning home.”

“Truly returning?” she asked and I smiled.

“Yes” I confirmed.

“Okay. Did you have lunch?” she questioned and I replied with a no. “Why not? Go have it now” she ordered.

“Yes mam” I chuckled while she grumbled something.

“Not funny. Now go and have your lunch and let me have mine” she said and I knew she was smiling on the other side.

“Bye”

“I love you” she mumbled and I replied the same.

After cutting the call, I wondered what I am going to do to her tonight. I didn’t want her sedated every night. It is really not good. But then I thought what should I do to keep Drew away from Randall?

I blinked when someone snapped their fingers in front of my face, to bring me out of my thoughts. “Two more days?” Keith asked cocking an eyebrow and I nodded. “Why do you need two more days?”

“I just found a solution to our problem” I responded calmly which earned both Keith and Terence’s interest.

“That’s great” Terence said with a sigh.

“Thank the Goddess” Keith murmured at the same time.

“But what’s the solution?” Terence demanded.

My eyes drifted towards the book and then back to Keith, “You mentioned other supernatural creatures?” I questioned and Keith nodded, not knowing where I am going with this. “How many of them worship sun?”

“There were few tribes that worship sun. Most of the tribes have been killed by the witches, but there are few who exist even now. I don’t know anything about those tribes” Keith said and I frowned.

“What the hell have you been reading then?” I snapped.

“It’s a thick book” he defended himself and I rolled my eyes, while dialing Myron’s number. I should have asked Genessa first. After all, it’s her book.

Myron answered the call after nine rings. “I need to talk to your mate” I said immediately.

“Well, hello to you too Everett” Myron said sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

“Genessa” I muttered impatiently, ignoring his tone.

“What do you want from her?” Myron demanded with a growl.

“She might know someone who can help me in saving Templar” I said. Soon, Genessa was on the line.

“Who? I don’t know anyone who can help Templar” she whispered stunned and I gulped.

Please, please, please. Don’t let this happen, I prayed.

“You know any tribal group that worships the sun?”

“What?” Genessa countered in confusion.

“Let me talk to her” Keith stated and I handed him the phone with shaking hands. This is my only chance. Please help me.

“Genessa?” Keith called and she replied with a yes. “There is a mention of a tribal group here, who have existed for centuries and who have been worshipping sun. Their clan name is not mentioned but it was written in the book that their leader was cursed by Patricia” Keith said and I cocked an eyebrow interestedly.

There was a long pause from the other side. In those few seconds, I swear I could hear my heart pounding in my chest. Closing my eyes, I kept repeating please help me Goddess, please help me….

“I know about that group” Genessa said and I opened my eyes. “Their leader is called as Ra, which also means The Sun.”

****

So, what did you think about this chapter?

Next chapter, which will be posted on 23rd will have more information about Ra :D

Please vote, comment and follow :)

Love:-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

581 42 24
I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as he stared across the table at me. I could seriously drown in his eyes. He was intoxicatingly attractive and he...
457K 13.8K 43
patreon.com/user?u=78988691 Emily is a healer within the Blue Stone Pack, Cain is Alpha of the Fire Crest Pack. They met two years ago by the hand of...
17.8M 523K 50
"I don't want you to mark me" I said quickly. "Why?" he asked me, his tone seemed calm but i knew he was far from it. "I have a commitment towards my...
51.9K 1.7K 29
This story is not about rejection or my pack beause I would have had to know about werewolves before I fell in love with one. With a family cabin al...