landfill | s.reid

By sepulchrebytheseas

"someone once told me to be careful when trying to fix a broken person for you may cut yourself on their sh... More

Landfill
Act I.
.01
.02
.03
.04
.05
.06
.07
.08
.09
.10
.11
.12
Authors Note
.14
.15
.16

.13

4.5K 124 28
By sepulchrebytheseas

The area dividing the brain and the soul
Is affected in many ways by experience —
Some lose all mind and become soul:
Insane.
Some lose all soul and become mind:
Intellectual.
Some lose both and become:
Accepted.
- Charles Bukowski

"I found a connection!" Says Garcia barging into the conference room.

"Well, go on." Hotch tells her.

"Bruce Clement, Brenda Janice, Eric Lonstone, and Beatrice were either students or professors all at the same school. California Institute of Technology. Everyone's IQ was way over the average." Garcia says.

"And what about Lisa Clement?" Asks Rossi.

"I couldn't find anything to connect her with the other victims." Says Garcia.

"My father taught at Caltech for quite a few years before he retired. He was an incredibly intelligent man. My mother attended Princeton, she was smart but nothing like my dad. I started at Caltech right after I turned thirteen. My dad was already teaching there but I wasn't in any of his classes. When he taught he went by Professor Fletcher. He used his middle name in hopes it wouldn't bring any more attention to the fourteen year old girl in Quantum Physics." Beatrice says with a small smile thinking about how great her parents were.

"We have the same Alma matter. You're dad taught while I attended. If I recall correctly he taught Physical Mechanics and Special Relativity, correct?" Spencer asked her.

"Yes! He did. You have a great memory Spence. He would have loved to speak with you about the Galilean transformations of Newton mechanics as opposed to the Lorentz transformations." She answers.

This made Spencer smile. He really would have enjoyed that conversation.

Everyone looks dumbfounded before Morgan speaks up. "Okay. Us actual human beings didn't understand a word that you said."

"Beatrice, do you remember any of the other victims? We're they ever at Caltech with you?" Asks Emily.

"I really don't recall either of them. It's a pretty large school and I didn't interact too often." She replies.

"Anything else that links them?" JJ asks.

"Well Beatrice, at the time, was working with Joint Terrorism. Eric was the Associate Director for the Office of Congressional Affairs. Brenda was a Forensic Operations Specialist. They are all incredibly smart FBI employees who attended Caltech." Garcia answers.

"Garcia, how many other FBI employees attended Caltech with a high IQ?" Asks Spencer.

"Well you, and two others. Natalie Clarke, a forensic anthropologist, and Johnathon Stein, a linguist." She answers.

"Clement, Reid. I want you in protective custody as well as the other two until this case is solved. You can stay in a hotel. Mix up your routines, it's safe to say our unsub stalks his victims for about six months. Officers will be with you at all times. As of right now you fit the profile." Says Hotch.

"So how do you feel about all of this?" Asks Spencer. He and Beatrice are sitting together on couch in their hotel room.

"I'll be glad when we catch the person who did this. I just really miss my parents I guess." She tells him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I was thinking, maybe after we solve this case we could take a long weekend and you could meet my mom. You don't have to, but I know you've been wanting to meet her for a while." He says.

She kisses him before replying. "Yes! I'd love to meet her! That sounds like a great idea."

Suddenly they hear a buzzing. Spencer grabs the tablet and answers the video chat only to be greeted by Penelope Garcia.

"Hello my tiny sugar plums! How's the hotel?" She asks.

"Pretty nice. Hey, we've been talking. Is there anyone who attended Caltech but never got accepted into the FBI? They would have to have a pretty highly IQ." Beatrice asks her.

"Ummm. Let's see. Seven people." She answers.

"Narrow it to white males. A woman doesn't fit the profile. I'd say age range between 40-60." Spencer says.

"Okay two. One couldn't pass the fitness entry. The other failed his psychological evaluation." She tells them.

"That could be our guy. Can you let the others know." Asks Beatrice.

"Yes I've sent you the name and address. The rest of the team as well as swat will meet you on site. Stay safe my genius crime fighters." She says before ending the call.

They quickly put on their shoes before rushing down to the government issued suv. They put on their bulletproof vests and head to where the suspect lives.

Spencer drives while Beatrice reads aloud the the suspect bio that Garcia had sent.

"Robert Morris, 48, attended Caltech university 1989 to 1993. He has an IQ of 169. A juvenile record for setting things on fire. He tried to get a position within the FBI for years. His psych evaluation, which he failed horribly, made him unemployable within the government. He was a freelance electrician for a few years but he couldn't even hide his psychotic tendencies during work. After that his parents died and he was left their estate which he sold two years ago for 2.3 million dollars." Beatrice tells him.

They make it to his house and quickly get out of the car. Swat is surrounding the house preparing to go in and the rest of the team in getting out of the other vehicles.

"Okay, Morgan and JJ take the bottom level. Reid and Clement, the second level. Rossi and Prentiss check the building in the back. I'll go in through the back door." Hotch announces.

Everyone gets their guns drawn and flashlights out. Morgan kicks in the door and everyone heads to their assigned area.

Beatrice and Spencer make it up the stairs. He opens the first door. "Clear."

She opens the one across the hall. "Clear."

Looking around, she sees the last door on the end of the hall is open. She doesn't hear Reid.

"Spence?" She asks.

Silence.

Beatrice takes a deep breath before entering the dark room. She sees Robert Morris with a gun to Reids head.

"FBI. Robert Morris drop the weapon!" She yells.

He gives her a sick smile. "I've been watching you. Both of you. You have no right! I should be working for the FBI, not you idiots!"

"I won't tell you again. Drop the weapon." She tells him.

"Move any closer and I'll blow his brains out." He replies.

"Whatever happens, it's okay. I love you." Is all Spencer says before closing his eyes.

This is when Beatrice sees her chance. He slightly lowers his gun while looking at Spencer. She takes the shot. As soon as she pulls the trigger he pulls his.

Robert Morris's dead body hits the floor as Spencer does two. She rushes over to him. He's still conscious but his thigh is bleeding a lot where he was shot.

"I need a medic!" She yells, taking off her cardigan and putting pressure on the wound.

Morgan and JJ rush up stairs with a medic close behind. As they put Spencer on a stretcher Beatrice keeps pressure on his thigh. Only when he starts to lose conscious does she freak out.

"Hey! Hey! Spence! Stay awake! Keep your eyes open! Come on baby! Stay awake!" She yells shaking him.

"Ma'm you need to calm down. We can take it from here." Says the medic.

"But it could of hit an artery. He's just loss consciousness. His femoral artery's right there! He could bleed out and die!" She cries as Derek holds her back.

"Come on. I'll follow the ambulance and give you a ride to the hospital." Morgan tells her, putting his arm around her and leading her to the car. She's in no condition to drive.

Beatrice sits in the waiting room as the rest of the team is collecting evidence at the suspect's house.
She hears heels clanking and looks up at Garcia rushing in.

"How's Spencer?" She asks.

"I don't know. He's in surgery but that's all I've been told." Beatrice answers frowning.

"Well, I have some good news. They found everything used to make a bomb in the back building as well as a electrician van that fits the description you gave. When I looked into his spending I was able to find some huge deposits from his trust fund, when his parents died he was left with a ton. I traced it back to the dark web, but we can assume he spent it on the bomb materials. We got him." Penelope says, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you Garcia." She replies. She lets a few tears fall before wiping them away. They sit for about an hour before a doctor comes out.

"Miss. Clement?" Asks the Doctor.

"That's me." She says standing up.

"Dr. Reid has been asking for you. His surgery was successful. Just nicked a few vessels but we got the bullet removed. He just fell asleep so all I ask is you let him rest for awhile." Says the doctor.

"Yes, yes. That's not problem. Thank you." She tells him.

"You can follow me to his room." He says and starts walking down the hall. Beatrice motions for Penelope to follow and they rush to Spencer's room.

After sitting in his room for a while Spencer starts to wake up. Garcia leaves the pair alone for a while as the team just arrived, she would go get them and bring them back to his room.

Spencer's eyes open and he looks at her and smiles. "Hey Spence. I'm so glad your okay. I was so worried. I love you so much." Beatrice says.

"I love you too. And I'm fine. Are you okay?" He asks.

She brushes his hair out of his face and laughs. "You just got shot and you're asking if I'm okay? I'm fine."

He scoots over and she sits in the hospital bed beside him. They make out for awhile before he says "you know, the doctor says no sex for 2 months."

Beatrice blushes and roles her eyes, giving him a gentle smack on the head.

They hear a fake cough and look towards the door. There stands Derek Morgan with a huge smirk. He definitely just heard their conversation. Why must this always happen to them?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.8K 1.6K 19
"be honest, do you like me?" "i adore you." UNDER EDITING |spencer reid x oc| |started 1/26/20| |finished ?/?/?|
71.7K 1.5K 41
"do you think it was easy watching you fall in love with her? you think my heart wasn't broken when i found out you two were getting married? i stood...
29.8K 413 15
𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬. 𝐇𝐨𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐞, 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞�...
247K 5.3K 35
" People hurt people all the time Aaron, and sometimes when your life is filled to the brim with hurt, you can't help but wait for things to start fa...