Arrival For Departure | BNHA

By Itrytoohard24

"I wanna bloody go home. Mr Aizawa, expel me." "Stop overreacting." Haruka Hoshiko is an American Japanese gi... More

p l a y l i s t/p r o f i l e
P r O l O g U e
[oNe] - From Fosters
[tWo] - Entrance Exam
[thREe] - The Teacher's a Crackhead
[tHrEe.5] - Opposite
[fIvE] - Battle Tests And Memes
[sIx] - Class Reps and Clear Outs
[sIx.5] The Other Half of the Coin
[sEvEn] - The Wheels On the Bus
[eIghT] - Hell on Earth
[nInE] - All Might, The Best
[tEn] - It's Getting Hot in Here
[eLeVen] - Sports Festival Things
[eLeVen.5] - The Personal Stuff
[tWeLvE] - Obstacle Course
[thIrTeeN] - Cavalry Battle
[thIrTeeN.5] - The First Match
[fOuRteEn] - Bakugo vs Haruka
[fiFtEeN] - Festival Results and a Pep Talk
[sIxTeEn] - Hero Names
[sEvEntEeN] - Interns Day 1
[eiGhTeEn] - Pro Heroes In Action
[nInEtEeN] - Costume Improvements
[tWenTy] - Quirk Development
[tWenTy oNe] - Back At It Again
[tWenTy tWo] - Studying?
[tWenTy thReE] - Unlikely Partners
[tWentY fOuR] - Final Exams Part 1
[tWEntY fiVE] - Final Exams Part 2
[tWeNtY sIx] - Gaming
[tWeNty sIx.5] - Involved
[tWeNtY sEvEn] - Birthday
[tWenTy sEvEn.5] - Decisions
[tWeNtY eIGhT] - Summer Camp...
[tWenTy nIne] - Kill Me Baby

[fOUr] - Gauging Potential

162 6 3
By Itrytoohard24

First test: 50 metre dash.

Since there was an odd number in the class, I supposed I'd be going alone. To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to my peers. I was too busy trying to figure out how to get a good result. I couldn't use my kinetic in this case, so I'd have to use my light... but how? A sudden thought occured to me; lightspeed was the fastest you could get right? If I could output that from my hands, then speaking in terms of physics, I could get a pretty good score. Nervously, I inspected my hand. If I overused my light Quirk, I'd start burning the body-parts it's coming from. But I hadn't managed to get to it's limit, not using it very often.

"Haruka, you'll be going alone," Mr Aizawa's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Right," I stuttered, walking over to the start line. A few people were staring at me.

Why? What's so stare worthy about me, for fuck's sake?!

"Runners, on your marks!"

I prepared myself: mentally and physically.

"Ready!"

A gunshot went off, signalling for me to go, and I did. I instantly fired light from my palms, and I rushed forwards a lot faster than I anticipated. Quicker than my eyes registered, I was over the finish line.

"0.034 seconds!"

Holy shit!

A series of mutters came from my classmates, as I hurriedly went back into the crowd.

I mean, it's good, but damn it! Did I have to attract so much attention?!

Second test: grip strength.

I was pretty average strength wise, I tended to use my kinetic energy for punching rather than my own physical strength. So, not much to my surprise, I got 36 kilograms, which was significantly below the class average. Even so, I breathed a sigh of relief; I wasn't sticking out like a sore thumb anymore.

Third test: standing long jump.

I went overboard again with my light. I really needed to stop doing this.

Get it together, Haruka!

Fourth test: repeated side steps.

This happened to be below average again, much to my relief. Only problem was I was getting hungry now.

Fifth test: softball throw.

After a drama with a boy with green hair breaking his finger because he used his Quirk too much (he beat Bakugo's score, though, so well done him!), it was my turn once more.

I shuffled uncomfortably as I took the ball from Mr Aizawa.

This is where it gets complicated.

Blasting light from one palm only is something I hadn't mastered yet, so it was up to my kinetic energy here. However, I couldn't exert it all into the throw and the ball; I needed to get rid of the excess somehow. That meant most likely breaking the floor, because I'd spread the wasted energy through my feet and through the ground. Either that, or I coughed up blood.

Decisions, decisions.

Right. Since I'm broke, I think I'll just have to put up with the blood.

I pulled my arm back, focusing the energy from that and holding it in my hand, and then swung it forwards, simultaneously bringing all of the energy up from my other moving body parts.

Kinetic is all about the movement, after all.

I then released it all, and fired the ball like a cannon. And, prior to usual when I didn't get rid of the rest of the energy, the familiar taste of blood in my mouth made me choke a little. I wiped the sides of my mouth, staining my hand, before looking expectantly at Mr Aizawa for my score. To my slight annoyance, he showed the class, so I couldn't see it, so I had to dart around to look.

379 metres. Eh.

/////

The rest of the tests went smoothly, and at the end, I was relieved yet also a little shocked, as my name had a big number 16 next to it on the score board. I blinked.

Sixteenth? I came sixteenth?

"I came sixteenth," I reassured myself, breathing a small sigh, as a large amount of pressure was released from me. My shoulders slumped, and I visibly relaxed. Some of my classmates even chuckled at my obvious relief.

"By the way, no one's going home," Mr Aizawa stated. I froze.

... whAT?

He grinned (which didn't suit him at all), "That was just a rational deception to make sure you tried your hardest."

Oh my God, this man.

... I actually kinda like him!

We retreated back into the school, got changed, and then were promptly dismissed. I felt a huge rush of relief, as I walked out of the school.

I made it through the first day! Go me!

"I'm so ordering tacos tonight," I said gleefully, brushing a lock of my absurdly coloured hair out of my face. "You know that this boi got his free taco---"

"Hey, Haruka!" a voice interrupted, and I inwardly screamed.

Oh my God, why'd you have to step on my moment?! I've dropped my damn croissant!

I turned around, smiling awkwardly, and scratching the back of my head. "Yup?" I asked, trying to sound friendly, but coming off as agitated.

Looking at my croissant thief, I recognized it to be a boy from my class, with red hair and a toothy grin.

His Quirk was hardening, I think?

"I just wanted to get to know you!" he exclaimed, surprising me. "Your Quirk was so cool! And you kinda looked stressed the whole time, so I got worried!"

This human... who I don't even know the name of... was worried about me. Oh, I've found a rare person with a moral compass.

I took a breath, and let out a loud sigh. "Maybe we should start over. Mate, the only thing I worry about is if I get enough sleep at night."

He blinked, before bursting into laughter, and then holding out his hand for me to shake. "I'm Kirishima Ejiro! Nice to meet you!"

I took his hand. "Haruka Hoshiko,"

"It's nice to meet ya, Haruka! But... I was going to ask... what were you muttering about? You kept saying weird things to yourself."

I raised an eyebrow, "Such as?"

Kirishima frowned, as he stated quizzically; "Is anything better than pussy?..."

I was unable to keep the shit eating grin off my face, as I whispered to myself, "Yes, a really good book."

/////

"A test," Rayan stated, "on the first fucking day of school. Bismillah. What kind of crackhead---?"

"Hey," I interrupted. "He's a good teacher. I think he's into the rational style of thinking like me."

"That makes me concerned," Rayan muttered, "but---wait, what was that?"

"What was what?"

There was a silence, before I heard hushed voices downstairs in the lobby of my apartment building. Ugh. Occasionally, a bunch of Quirkless motherfuckers would break into the building and try their luck not to get caught by Gareth and I.

"Hold up, Rayan. I've gotta go real quick," I sighed, hanging up.

I then headed out of my flat, where I was met with the sight of my edge Lord guardian Gareth. "Why do you have to come again?" he groaned, lighting a cigarette, as he tucked his AK-47 under his arms.

"It's funny," I objected, trailing after him and then glaring at him when he noticed me trying to take one of his cigarettes, and pocketing them. The sight when we reached the lobby made my lip curl in annoyance.

I'm so done with these bastards.

Gareth cocked his gun, to alert them to his presence. They whipped around and all of the blood drained from their faces, as they first noted Gareth's gun, then his expression. "W-What dya want?" the first dumbass stuttered.

Gareth spat out his cigarette, as he raised his weapon. "In case it wasn't clear," he grunted, aiming at them warningly.

"Y'all thots are bout to get yo asses handed to ya," I finished.

Gareth opened fire; within seconds, they were out of the building, screaming like monkeys on steroids.

"When are they going to realize you're just firing Nerf bullets at them?" I inquired, after a brief silence.

Gareth shrugged, "I don't fuckin know."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 144 23
Sawamura Kimiko is joining UA's Class 1-A on a personal recommendation from a pro-hero. Her dark past and unusual quirk draw the attention of many, b...
225K 5.1K 65
(*WARNING*: contains foul language, mature content I guess, and also cringe) (Y/n) (L/n) has a non average life with a rare confusing bunch of Quirks...
7.4K 205 47
Hazaezal Jones is a complicated individual with an even more complicated quirk. After causing a major accident at her last school and spending months...
35.4K 942 17
Y/N is the newest exchange student coming for some summer classes at UA and boy is she fired up! Ready for new horizons and friends,she isn't exactly...