PERSEPHONE

Door LittlePumpkinWriter

~Dare to Fall In Love With Her~ "Oh love, if you are Persephone, I can be your Hades." His smirked left me... Meer

Beware of Persephone
Copyright
1 | Welcome to the Underworld
2 | Burn the Witch
4 | Under the Future King's Gaze
5 | Persephone's Temptation
6 | When Lips Are Sealed
7 | When Fireballs and Snowballs Meet
8 | The Voice of Temptation
9 | Who are you?
10 | Do Not Drop the Bomb in the Queen's Castle
Writer's Note
11 | Test the Boiling Water
12 | When The Gem Tasted Fireworks
ANNOUNCEMENT
Important Announcement
13 | Unknown Waters, Unspoken Thoughts
14 | The Devil with Pillows and Blankets
15 | Champagnes and Confessions
16 | Playful Banters Laced with Honesty
17 | Commanding Temptations
18 | The Poisoned Apple
19 | Summer Heat
20 | The Kidnapping of Persephone

3 | Game. Set. Match.

136 12 1
Door LittlePumpkinWriter

3 | Game. Set. Match.

Emerald's POV

Deja vu. I felt like my day just repeated with me waking up in my bedroom and was taken home by a stranger. The only difference now was that the Crown Prince of Sweden was sitting on the chair by my side reading a book like this was just normal for him. I tensed up seeing him casually lounging in my chair reading a book I couldn't understand.

"Uhm..." How should I start a conversation with a Prince? He looked up to me and smiled, closing his book and put it on the bedside table.

"Good. You're awake. Are you okay?" He asked, his deep voice a sweet honey to my body. Oh shit... This is bad.

"Emeralda? Are you okay?" He asked again and it took me to the memory of my embarrassing act I have pulled on him. Was I okay? Was my dignity okay? Was I even alive? Why was I even alive? I got up and faced him with the tiniest bit of dignity I have.

"I-I'm fine. Uhm.. Thank you, Your Highness. I apologize for my actions earlier. I should not have done that. I thought you were someone else and I hurt you." I bowed in front of him the best that I could. I began trying to explain what happened to make me act like that but he just waved a hand, chuckling while I looked at him in surprise. Kind as fuck and handsome as fuck. I found it quite attractive and I smiled at him.

"Thank you, Your Highness."

"Oh please. Cut off the formality. I like you better being you than being formal and bowing at me. I have already forgiven you and don't worry about it. I had fun." I raised a brow at his last statement and he chuckled again.

"Come on. Let's eat dinner. You must be starving."He invited me with him offering a hand to me so I could stand up. I smiled again and took his offer and he gently pulled me up. My breath was taken away as I stood close to him, his blue eyes bearing into mine and I was drowning in them.

"I'm sorry. I should prepare dinner. You're in my house, after all." I told him and he just shook his head lightly, dismissing the idea of me cooking.

"Don't worry. If you don't mind, I brought my people here to cook dinner. I hope the food will be alright to you as I have come to know that your brother is Emilio Carini." The way he spoke was enchanting and his actions graceful. I could listen to him for hours and never get bored.

"No. It's fine. I don't mind. I understand." My mind was jumbled, completely still under the spell of the prince. He sent me a smile that showed his perfectly white teeth.

"Okay. Thank you." He replied before his hold on my hand grew tighter as he took me to the kitchen. I spotted Axel in the kitchen watching over the people bustling around the kitchen like small whirlwinds working their way in there. He turned towards us and his stood straighter if that was possible and began approaching us. His movements were graceful and powerful, each step making my heartbeat louder and louder. Uh-oh. This is not good. What's happening to me?

"Miss Emerald, are you alright?" I could hear the concern in his voice, his brows furrowed and his eyes focused on me.

"Uhm... yeah. I-I'm fine. Thank you." I stuttered and I heard breathe out a sigh of relief.

"Good. Good."

"Axel, would you mind accompanying Emerald for a while? I have to take a call." Prince Maximus ordered Axel and the bodyguard in front of me bowed and obeyed his command.

"Of course, Your Highness." After he replied, that's when I notice the prince's phone making a vibrating sound in his suit pocket.

"Okay. Excuse me, Emerald."

"Okay, Your-" He shot me a look as I almost addressed him formally again. What should I freaking call him?!

"Okay, Prince Max." He laughed at me and shook his head. He let go of my hand and faced me.

"Call me Max." He sent me a smile that made me feel light and wonderful. Okay... Seriously... What the fuck was happening to me? He then walked away, going to the living room to answer his call.

"Where do you want to go? Dinner will be ready in 30 minutes." Axel stole my attention and his dark and powerful aura crashed into me like a tidal wave.

"Where did you put my files and jewelries?" I asked him remembering the things I have brought with me earlier.

"Your things are in your bedroom. Where do you want me to take it?"

"Oh. No. no. You have been doing too much for me." You cooked for me, gave me lunch, looked after me and brought more customers in the shop because of your annoyingly handsome face... I don't want you to do more things for me. Nope. Thank you. His lips curved up in a smile but his eyes were still looking at me as if he wanted to eat me alive. He was indeed intimidating but I was not scared of him. There was something in him that I couldn't pinpoint what it was.

"Let me do it for you. It's my job." He insisted.

"Don't worry. Your gems are in good hands. I will never break any of it." He promised and I sighed before nodding.

"Can you please take it to my office?" His smile dropped, replaced by his usual expression of worry and a cloud of seriousness.

"You're working? You are still not well, Emerald. You fainted earlier. You should rest." I shook my head, not wanting anyone to order me what to do.

"I am fine. Just take my things there."

"We should go to the doctor just to be sure." He tried to change the topic but I just raised a brow at him and stood defiantly against him.

"I told you, I am fine."

"Can you at least let me take a look at you before you start working? I really don't want you fainting again."

"No."

"We can't let a royal designer of Sweden faint occasionally without knowing the reason why."

"Are you a doctor?"

"I was trained-"

"Trained. I heard the word trained so you're not a doctor." I heard him sigh out his frustration, his mouth forming a thin line as I continued to refuse his suggestions. I was smirking in the inside seeing him fume in front of me, holding his anger at my bitchy attitude. Go and walk away, Axel. You can't take me on and win. No one can. My confidence dropped as a gasp escaped my lips. He closed the distance between us and I wanted to take a step back but that just would mean I couldn't take him on so I looked up to him and glared at him while he shoot daggers at me with his head leaning downwards on my small frame. His body fully covered me like a wall.

"Look, I ain't playing here, Emerald. So if the Queen sees you faint and sees the report that you kept on fainting, what would I tell her? Nothing. And that would mean I wasn't doing my job well so please just listen to me for even one damn minute and take a look at you."

"I'm not playing either, Axel." It was the first time speaking his name in front of him and it had this effect on me that I wanted to just kiss him to shut him up. His jaw clenched hearing me speak his name and I smirked.

"You're unbelievable." He muttered enough for me to hear, his eyes swallowing me whole as his face close enough to make me do something I would regret later.

"And you're really annoying." I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms across my chest.

"Hey. What's the problem? Is there something wrong, Emerald?" Our argument was cut off as the prince stepped in with confusion written all over his face. I quickly pushed Axel away from me and faced the prince.

"Nothing. Nothing. We're just... talking." I looked at Axel who was still tense beside me, his eyes on the prince.

"Okay... well, Emerald, would you like to have a chat with me? I have a lot of questions regarding my mother's crown." I quickly went to him and he offered his arm for me to hold. I gladly took it and we began walking away from Axel. I looked back and sent him a smirk but he just gave a glare that could slice me into two. Who won this match? I guess no one. If the prince in my arms could only declare our match a draw, he would, and I would gladly take it knowing the man we left behind was fuming for not having the last word.

Thoughts about this chapter? Comment them down below. Please don't forget to vote also. If you like, I have other stories as well. *coughs* *story promotion* *coughs* My De Luca Bride, The Emancipation of Tune and Sparks Return. The characters here are friends of Emerald and our spitfire of a woman will be there. Enjoy!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

136K 6.7K 99
Hannah And her Happy Harem After spending her entire life training to become an Olympic level gymnast only to suffer one too many injuries for her bo...
124K 6.1K 101
When he looked in through the window, he was astounded to see her topless and braless. She was standing with her back to him, eliciting wild desires...
1.3M 42K 59
Oliver, leave me. I have to go inside", I said making a failed attempt to free myself. "What is wrong with...", and the rest of the words got lost as...
376K 12.1K 34
I felt as if someone had dropped a boulder on my fragile heart. He peppered kisses on her neck and she giggled in response. Right in front of my eyes...