Self Love โ€ข Christopher Velez...

By calums_betch

"Look at me, Christopher. I just can't forget what they said and you know that it still affects me. You can o... More

Chapter 0; intro
Chapter 1; before it all
Chapter 2; the incident
Chapter 3; the aftermath
Chapter 4; delusional and gullible
Chapter 5; good at nothing
chapter 6; one call away
chapter 7; after university
adios confusion :D
chapter 8; miami
chapter 9; los chicos
chapter 10; insufficiently dressed
chapter 11; awkward hands
chapter 12; hermoso y papi
chapter 13; weird
chapter 14; beach day
chapter 15; sneaky friend and someone's hand
chapter 16; just friends
chapter 17; i would catch you
chapter 18; best friend
chapter 19; excited and nervous
chapter 20; first day
chapter 21; tiny lift and four good looking boys
chapter 22; dance party
chapter 23; lunch
chapter 24; studio
chapter 25; spicier
chapter 26; the shoot
chapter 27; 32 cards
chapter 28; balcony
chapter 29; breakfast
chapter 30; tattoo
chapter 31; concert
chapter 32; forehead kisses
chapter 33; home
chapter 34; exaggerated kisses
chapter 35; backyard kiss
chapter 37; duck lips
chapter 38; movies
chapter 39; telling him
chapter 40; i won't let go
chapter 41; kiss it better
chapter 42; party
chapter 43; new year's eve
chapter 44; another kiss
chapter 45; mala mรญa
chapter 46; make it up to you
chapter 47; arcade
Chapter 48; photo booth
chapter 49; your boy
chapter 50; she's pretty, isn't she?
chapter 51; scars
chapter 52; distraction
chapter 53; papi chulo
chapter 54; baby
chapter 55; tease
chapter 56; falling
chapter 57; say it
chapter 58; hooked
chapter 59; burnt
chapter 60; i love you
chapter 61; novio
chapter 62; bet
chapter 63; cliff
chapter 64; that something
chapter 65; crazy
โ€ข chapter 66; can i? โ€ข
chapter 67; stay
chapter 68; attention
โ€ข chapter 69; gorgeous โ€ข
chapter 70; epilogue
bonus chapter 1

chapter 36; when the girls talk boys

583 21 0
By calums_betch

Chapter 36 - When the Girls Talk Boys

"Leave me alone," I mumbled and buried myself deeper into bed. Zac had came into my room and started ringing a bell in my ear, screaming 'wake up, it's Christmas' at me. 

"No, wake up, it's already 10:30am," he said and continued ringing the bell. With a groan, I pulled my blanket away from my face and opened one eye. He was standing at the side of my bed and was wearing a ridiculous Santa hat that also had a bell. I sat up with a groan and he smiled at me.

"Merry Christmas Dani," he said and tackled me into a hug. I yawned and hugged him back.

"Merry Christmas Zac," I said, still yawning. I had trouble falling asleep yesterday because of a certain kiss from a certain someone. He had sent me the usual good night text but I was not falling asleep. That kiss had been running through my mind the entire night. And it was only a kiss on the cheek. I felt pathetic, being so and excited and overthinking about a kiss on the cheek. 

"Let's go down, I'm surprised you weren't already awake," he told me and pulled me out of bed before pulling me into the bathroom and pushing me into it. I picked up my toothbrush and started brushing my teeth. When I was done, I walked out and Zac put on the Santa hat on me. 

"Every single year," I muttered with an eye roll. We walked down to the dining table where everyone already was. 

"Merry Christmas!" I said to everyone as I sat down and Zac did the same thing. On Christmas, my family and I would eat every meal together and in between, we would do whatever we wanted. After dinner, we would open presents together and spend time with each other. 

After breakfast, I went up to my room and saw that I had a message from Andrea.

From Andrea:
Hola hermosa! 
MERRY CHRISTMAS
TE QUIERO MUCHO 

From me:
Hey, Merry Christmas! Yo también te quiero!
Are you getting ready for your Christmas dinner?

From Andrea:
Yeah

From me:
Can I call you?

A few moments, I saw that Andrea was calling me.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS HERMOSA!" she yelled as soon as I picked up.

"Merry Christmas Andy!" I exclaimed to her with a smile. She was in her room and was curling her green hair. 

"You're getting ready for the Christmas dinner?" I asked her and she nodded. Christmas dinners at her house was very fancy even though it was only for five people. Spain was 6 hours ahead of Ecuador so it was already 5pm for her and the dinner was usually around 7pm.

"I should have dyed my hair some other colour before coming home. I look like the tree and Melissa would probably make some remark," she said, rolling her eyes at the mention of her step mother. 

"You look like a sexy Christmas tree," I told her and she laughed. Once she was done with her hair, she set the wand down before looking at her phone.

"Ooh, is that a new necklace?" she asked with a smirk and my face heated up as I nodded. 

"Spill," she said and started on her makeup. I told her about my morning with Christopher and me getting annoyed at the financial analyst. 

"I met him at my backyard at night and we went up to the roof," I told her and her smile widened.

"And?"

"He gave me this necklace up there," I told her, my hand reaching up to play with it. "We came down and I gave him his."

"Wait, so the two of you gave each other things with your names on it?" she asked me and I bit my lips as I nodded. 

"And uh," I started before my face heated up and I covered my face and smiled. 

"Oh this is going to be good," she remarked and I took a deep breath. 

"When we got up to go home, I hugged him and told him merry christmas," I said and she nodded. 

"When we separated from each other slightly, he said the same thing and uh," I stopped because I had a huge smile on my face and it was burning. I could see how red my face was. I covered my face and took a deep breath.

"Christopher kissed me on th-" I continued but was cut off when she screamed. 

"HE WHAT?" She yelled and put down her eyebrow pencil. I picked up my pillow and put my face into it. 

"He kissed me on the cheek," I mumbled into the pillow

"I can't hear what you said," she said and I repeated the same thing.

"I can't hear you," she sang.

"Christopher kissed me on the cheek!" I exclaimed as I took the pillow away from my face. She smiled at me and started giggling.

"It's just a kiss on the cheek," I told her, my face still extremely red. 

"A kiss is a kiss," she said with a wink and I groaned. 

"How long was it?" she asked. 

"I don't know, around 5 seconds?" I said and she smiled. 

"Did you return the favour?" she asked me and I shook my head. 

"What happened afterwards?" 

"It made me smile and after he gave me the kiss, he smiled at me before turning to go home," I told her.

"And what did you do after he left?"

"Continued standing at the door and smiling," I told her and she laughed.

"Will you kiss him the next time he kisses you?" she asked me.

"I don't know, maybe, maybe not, this has never happened to me before," I said. She was about to say something when my mother opened the door. 

"Do you want to play Jenga?" she asked before noticing Andrea.

"Hello Andrea," she said to her and Andrea waved. 

"Hola, tia! Merry Christmas!" Andrea said to my mother. 

"Merry Christmas querida," she replied with a smile. 

"I'll call you later or something. I'm gonna join the game and you need to get ready for your dinner," I told her and she nodded. 

"Bye hermosa, tia."

"Bye," my mother and I both said. We walked to the living room where everyone was and started the game. 

"Oh my god, Zac, stop kicking my leg!" I exclaimed when it was my turn to remove a block. He sniggered and continued kicking me. I rolled my eyes but removed one of the blocks without the other blocks falling. 

Turning around, I stuck my tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes at me as my father took out one block. We played a few rounds before we had lunch. We talked and ate and when we were done with lunch, we played monopoly instead. 

"I'll help you out with dinner," I told my mother and aunt, who were starting on dinner.

"Do you cook often in Miami?" My aunt asked me. 

"Yeah, Andrea and I make dinner every weeknight," I said.

"What about weekends?" My mother asked instead.

"We would sometimes go out for dinner or order delivery," I told them and we continued with dinner. 

When we were done, we sat down together to have dinner and we went to the living room afterwards to open the presents. We would usually give one person all the gifts before moving on to the next. I gave my mother a necklace, my father a belt, my grandmother a bracelet, my aunt a pair of earrings and a watch for Zac.

When it was my turn, I received a clutch bag from my mother, a pair of sunglasses from my father, a blanket from my grandmother, a pair of boots from my aunt and candles from Zac. 

We continued opening the gifts and once we were all done, we watched a movie or two together. When it was around 11pm, we all went back to our own rooms.

When I got back to my own room, I quickly got ready for bed. Once I was done, I crawled into bed and sent Christopher a text.

From me:
Hey, good night Christopher
Dulces sueños :)

A few minutes later, I got a reply

From Christopher:
hey, good night Nila, dulces sueños :D

I turned off my phone and drifted off to sleep with a small smile on my face. 

I couldn't let the opportunity to make a 5sos reference slide

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93 8 4
Before he was on La Banda and a part of CNCO, Joel was one of Leah's closest friends. And, well, he still is, technically. But it doesn't feel that w...
70.6K 2.4K 30
lmao this story is a joke [au] jazmin velez meets a boy named erick brian colon which turns out to be her brothers bestfriend. who knew he would cha...
22.6K 651 34
๐–‡๐–†๐–“๐–‰๐–Ž๐–‰๐–” * หš โœต โ•ญโ”ˆ .ยท * โ€ข หš โ”‚ โœถ : ยท โ€ข โ”‚ .ยท * โ”‚ โœต หš :...
3.6K 458 39
A magical, beautiful Island in the Caribbean, two not so typical children, two prominent families at war with each other. There is a years old feud g...