The Show Must Go On [boyxboy]

By SkeneKidz

Alexander Sullivan has money, looks, charisma, a cunning mind, and constant boredom. When feisty Neo Bartosz... More

The Show Must Go On {1}
The Show Must Go On {2}
The Show Must Go On {3}
The Show Must Go On {4}
The Show Must Go On {5}
The Show Must Go On {6}
The Show Must Go On {7}
The Show Must Go On {9}
The Show Must Go On {10}
The Show Must Go On {11}
The Show Must Go On {12}
The Show Must Go On {13}
The Show Must Go On {14}
The Show Must Go On {15}
The Show Must Go On {16}
The Show Must Go On {17}
The Show Must Go On {18}
The Show Must Go On {19}
The Show Must Go On {20}
The Show Must Go On {21}
The Show Must Go On {22} END

The Show Must Go On {8}

25.9K 1.2K 1K
By SkeneKidz

                I sat in my last class, bored out of my mind. The bell rang and I jumped up, eager to go out to dinner with Neo.

                Donnie didn’t even look at me as he left the room, so I was guessing that Neo hadn’t told him anything. Oh, already sneaking around behind Donnie’s back. This was already fun.

                I went down to my locker, where Bennett and Scott were waiting. Bennett crossed his arms over his chest as I put in my combination.

                “Something you need to say, Bennett?” I asked.

                “Nothing you don’t already know,” he said flatly.

                “You two are the living embodiment of the ‘passive-aggressive Post-it notes’ card,” Scott said.

                “Scott, sometimes I wish you were too lazy to speak,” I said.

                “Sometimes I wish I was too lazy to be around you two and your passive-aggressive Post-it noteness,” he said.

                “It would benefit everyone if you stopped talking,” Bennett said.

                “For the good of others, I’ll shut up,” Scott said, stepping back and slouching against the lockers.

                “You’re taking him out in public,” Bennett said. “I don’t think that’s your best idea. I can’t help you if you do that.”

                “I can handle this myself, Bennett,” I said.

                “I hope for your sake that you’re right,” he said.

                “I’m not an idiot. I know what I’m doing,” I said, shutting my locker.

                “Let’s go, Scott,” Bennett said, turning away from me.

                “Scott is not a dog,” Scott said.

                “Scott,” Bennett growled. “You’re going to be late to dinner with your parents. I’m your ride home, and they’ll blame me. Let’s go.”

                Scott sighed. “I’d rather not go. I hate going out to eat with my parents.”

                “Let’s go. Don’t get yourself into trouble Alexander,” Bennett said, grabbing Scott’s arm and dragging him along down the hallway.

                I rolled my eyes and took off in search of Neo. I found him alone at his locker and went up to him, smiling cheerfully.

                “Dinner tonight,” I said.

                “Gee, thanks, I totally would’ve forgotten that I had a date with Satan,” he said. His eyes widened a little. “Not a date. This is NOT a date. I’m just doing this so you’ll leave me alone from now on. Got it, asshole?”

                “Got it,” I said. “I’ll come pick you up at five. That gives you time to get ready.”

                “Is this going to be a fancy place? I hate fancy places. I’m a white girl Panera kind of guy,” he said.

                “Just put on clothes that aren’t so loose on you,” I said. “Don’t worry about dressing up like it’s the dinner we went to with our parents.”

                “Oh, I wasn’t worried about that,” he said, shutting his locker. “I could care less if I’m dressed appropriately. I just want to get this over with in the least painful way possible.”

                “I can manage that. Like I said, five,” I said, and walked away from him.

                I went down and got in my car, driving myself home. I went inside, briefly petting Link before heading up to my bedroom.

                I admired my own appearance in the mirror and sighed. I pulled off the clothes I was wearing, stripping down to my boxers.

                Vesper meowed, crawling out from under my bed. I lifted him into my arms, letting him settle on my shoulders.

                “You’re like every other man, Vesper. Only coming out once my pants are off,” I said with a sigh.

                Vesper meowed and nibbled on some of my hair. I pushed his face away from my hair, tugging him off of my shoulders and setting him on my bed.

                I grabbed a new pair of jeans and an old band T-shirt, pulling on a plaid shirt over it. I fixed my hair in the mirror, leaving it stylishly messy before straightening up. I grabbed my phone and texted Bennett for Neo’s address before lying down on my bed. Vesper crawled onto my chest, trying to bite my hair again.

                “Stop that, Vesper. I don’t need your spit in my hair,” I said, pushing his face away. “I’m pretty sure Neo wouldn’t find that very attractive.”

                Vesper meowed out his protests before nuzzling his head against my neck. I stroked his fur, rolling my eyes. He could become a problem sometimes, and I either had to trap him in my closet or throw him out of my room when I had sex since he wasn’t against jumping onto my bed in the middle of it. Nothing ruins the mood quite like a cat crawling on you when you’re trying to get laid.

                I laid there petting Vesper until it was time to leave. Unlike Scott, I knew how to be on time to things.

                I got up, setting a protesting Vesper on my pillow before standing up and pulling on sneakers. I grabbed my car keys and wallet, leaving the house and turning on music as I pulled out of the driveway, taking off towards Neo’s house.

                I pulled into his driveway, waiting patiently until he came outside a minute later. He had changed into jeans that fit him a lot better, and a plain T-shirt.

                “Marianas Trench fan?” he asked as he looked my shirt, shutting the door of my car.

                “Did the Marianas Trench shirt give that away?” I said, backing out of his driveway.

                “Sass is reserved for me,” he said, pouting.

                I turned the volume of the radio up, letting the song play. “Now follow me down to it, just follow me down to do it. Nobody will know how you come and you go for it. Not gonna get dangerous, you don’t got to worry about us. Somebody to give what you get and you get what you need now.”

                “Oh god you’re trying to serenade me with music,” Neo said in horror.

                “And these lights get bright so let me show you. It would be so, so, so nice to know you,” I sang along casually.

                “I don’t want to know you. It would not be nice. Stop singing sexual lyrics to me, it makes me uncomfortable!” Neo said, sinking down in the seat miserably.

                “I’m not trying to make you uncomfortable, I’m just trying to sing along with my music,” I said, laughing.

                “Well, at least you don’t suck at singing,” he said with a sigh. “Where are we going to eat?”

                “Why don’t you try looking out of the window?” I said, pulling into the parking lot.

                He sat up and snickered. “Panera? I was kidding, but I’m never one to turn down hella soup.”

                “Let’s go,” I said.

                “You, you, me, now I think you got it. One last breath and just spin the bottle now,” the music sang.

                I unplugged my phone and the two of us got out of my car. I held the door open for Neo, who ignored me as he walked into Panera.

                “I’ll pay for you,” I said.

                “I’m perfectly capable of paying for myself,” he said in annoyance.

                “I know that. But I want to pay for you. I dragged you here, after all,” I said.

                “Fine, whatever, if you want to pay for me, I’m not complaining,” Neo said with a sigh.

                “You and Scott really are a perfect match,” I groaned, stepping up to the cashier and giving my order. Neo gave his order and I paid, handing him a cup and walking over to fill our drinks.

                “Maybe that’s why Scott is my true bae,” he said.

                “Oh, please. Scott has no interests in relationships,” I said.

                “What, a sex addict like you?” Neo guessed.

                “I’m not a sex addict, I just like sex. Most people do. Besides Scott. He’s not interested in relationships or sex,” I said, leading Neo over to a table and sitting down.

                “What about Bennett?” he asked.

                I shrugged. “Bennett’s not big on relationships either. You could call him paranoid, I guess. He’s had girlfriends before, though. He’s not a virgin, but he doesn’t have an overly active sex life.”

                “Don’t you ever get sick of it?” he asked me.

                “You’re asking me a lot about sex,” I said, raising an eyebrow.

                A light blush came to his face, making him look cute. “Sorry. Donnie used to tell me things about you two that I did not want to know. Also, for coming off as dominant, I was told that you were typically submissive.”

                “I was,” I said, shrugging. “At the risk of too much information, I just like to be pleasured. But my sex life isn’t exactly a dinnertime conversation.”

                “I am probably scarred for life after this. I should’ve stuck with the guy who’s too lazy to even fuck,” Neo said miserably. “Steve is a much better option.”

                “Scott,” I said. “His name is Scott.”

                “Is it? He looks like a Steve,” Neo said.

                “Well, he’s not a Steve,” I said.

                “He’s not a Scott, either. Just like you’re not an Alexander,” he said.

                “What?” I cocked my head to the side.

                “Scott’s real name is Prescott Anderson, and your first name isn’t Alexander. Alexander is your middle name,” Neo said.

                “Everyone knows that,” I said.

                “Really? Because when I asked Donnie what your first name is, he didn’t know,” Neo said.

                “Okay, well, everyone knows that Scott’s real name is Prescott. Most people know Alexander is my middle name,” I said.

                “It’s in the yearbook. In the yearbook, you’re listed as J. Alexander Sullivan. So what’s your first name?” he asked.

                “James,” I said. “But I don’t care for the name. I’ve gone by Alexander ever since I was a kid.”

                “Why?” he asked.

                “I just don’t like the name James very much. I told my mom I didn’t when I was about seven, and I’ve gone by Alexander ever since,” I said. “It’s not a secret and there’s no deep story behind it.”

                Our order buzzed and I got up, Neo copying me. We grabbed our food and sat back down at the table with it.

                “All of that before we even ate,” I said, tearing off a piece of my roll and dipping it into my soup.

                “I don’t know, I find names interesting,” Neo said, scooping a forkful of Mac and cheese into his mouth.

                “Neo’s a very interesting name,” I said.

                Neo pouted. “My dad loves the Neoclassical period so much he actually named his son after it. Him and my mom met in a Neoclassical Literature class in college, which is probably the only reason my mom let him get away with it.”

                “Your dad is also very interesting. But I would expect nothing less of the man with a biting son,” I said, laughing.

                He snapped his teeth down on his Mac and cheese. “Try to touch me during this, and I will bite you,” he said through a full mouth of food.

                “I’m aware,” I said in amusement. “I know the drill by now, Neo.”

                “So why aren’t you wearing your usual preppy eighth grade boy clothes?” Neo asked.

                “Because I also own random T-shirts and band T-shirts that are comfortable,” I said, gesturing to my shirt.

                “Rich boy letting loose,” Neo said, stuffing the rest of his Mac and cheese in his mouth.

                “I actually dress like this a lot. Donnie and I went to a lot of concerts,” I said. “I go to a lot of concerts with Scott. They’re not really Bennett’s thing.”

                “I like concerts,” Neo said, brightening up a little. “My parents hate letting me go because I got kicked in the face and had a black eye and bloody nose one time, but I love going.”

                “Nothing beats the feel of sweaty bodies packed together singing horribly out of tune,” I said fondly.

                “Having your body pressed against the stage and ducking when people jump into the crowd,” Neo said, grinning.

                “Concerts are the best,” I said.

                “I’m surprised you don’t go to, like, operas and shit,” he said.

                “Nope, I hate operas,” I said. “Although I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t been to a few.”

                “That sounds horribly painful. Sometimes my dad drags me to lectures with him. It makes me wonder how hard I’d have to smash my head against the wall to kill myself,” he said.

                I took a spoonful of soup, tilting my head a little. “Do you do a lot with Bennett’s family?”

                “Sadly,” Neo said. “Our dads have known each other for a while. I’d rather avoid Bennett. He creeps me out. We try not to acknowledge the fact that the other is alive.”

                “And how long have you and Donnie been friends for?” I asked.

                “Since we were…five, I think. He asked if he could use my crayons and I bit him,” Neo said. “Then we met Clifton when we were seven or eight.”

                “I can’t say I ever bit any of my friends,” I said. “But once I accidentally knocked Scott down a flight of stairs when we were kids.”

                “Trying to kill my boyfriend,” Neo said with a dramatic sigh.

                “It was an accident,” I said defensively.

                He began to hungrily eat his soup, and I nearly laughed at how absorbed into his food he was. I took the time to eat my soup, savoring the flavor. My parents usually brought me to fancy restaurants with rich food. I had a stomach for it, but I did prefer food like this more.

                When we were finished eating, we set our trays down and left Panera. We got in my car and Neo reached over, taking my phone and scrolling through the music.

                “Help yourself,” I said, raising an eyebrow.

                “Yea, I was planning on it,” he said, tapping on the screen and turning the volume in the car up.

                “Beware, beware, be skeptical of their smiles, their smiles of plated gold, deceit so natural, but a wolf in sheep’s clothing is more than a warning!” Music erupted out of my speakers and I turned it down a little, pulling out of the parking lot.

                “Do you want cheesecake? I have some leftover at my house,” I said.

                “I love cheesecake, I can’t even resist that,” he said. “So, doesn’t Bennett ever threaten you with information?”

                I shook my head. “Bennett wouldn’t threaten me or Scott. We’re his best friends.”

                “What a sweetheart.” He eyed my house as I pulled into the driveway and turned off my car. “Fancy house you have here.”

                “Thanks.” I got out of the car and climbed out, following me up the driveway. I unlocked the front door and let Neo in.

                Link barked excitedly, running out to the front hall. He went over to Neo, sniffing him furiously and barking more.

                “Friendly dog,” Neo said, petting Link’s head.

                “Scott tried to steal him when we were seven,” I said with a sigh.

                “What’s his name?” Neo asked.

                “Link. After the Legend Of Zelda,” I said.

                “He’s soft.” Neo pet him a little more, and I gestured at him to follow me into the kitchen.

                He looked around my kitchen as I pulled open the refrigerator, taking out the cheesecake. I set it on the table, cutting a slice for each of us and putting them on plates.

                “Where are your parents? Too busy working to be there for their son?” Neo guessed.

                “They are at work a lot of the time, but if I want them home, they’re home,” I said with a shrug. “I’m not a child. I don’t need my parents here all the time. I actually like having the house to myself all the time.”

                It did tend to work in my advantage. I never had to worry about my parents coming home while I had someone like Neo over, and could have sex anywhere in my house without worrying about my parents walking in on it.

                “Vesper, no!” I said sternly as the cat leapt up on the table, eyeing the cheesecake. I pulled him off of the table and situated him on my shoulders.

                “That’s…strangely adorable,” Neo said.

                “He likes my shoulders. Here,” I said, sliding him his slice of cheesecake.

                “Animal man?” he said, forking a bite of cheesecake into his mouth.

                “I’ve always had pets. I’ve had Link the longest, and got Vesper for my tenth birthday,” I said, also taking a bite of my cheesecake. “Do you have any pets?”

                “We have two dogs, and one is hella annoying,” Neo said. “My parents always joke that they’re going to give him away.”

                We fell into a comfortable silence as we finished our slices of cheesecake. When I was done, I held my fork up to Vesper, letting him happily lick away the remaining cheesecake.

                “That is so fucking adorable,” Neo said, watching me. “You did not strike me as the type of guy who shares a fork with his cat.”

                “Well, you learn something new every day,” I said with a shrug.

                I tossed the fork into the sink and Neo copied me. We set our plates down in the sink as well.

                “Vesper,” I said, shaking my head as he nibbled at my hair again.

                “That cat is so adorable. Steve can steal your dog and I’ll take the cat,” Neo said.

                “He’s not Captain American. His name is Scott,” I said, pulling Vesper off of my shoulders and cradling him in my arms. “Come with me to my room. I want to put Vesper in there so he doesn’t keep trying to eat my hair.”

                Neo sighed but followed me through my house and up the stairs. I led him down the hallway, shouldering my bedroom door open.

                “I’m feeling highly disturbed right now because I know for a fact you and my best friend fucked right there multiple times,” Neo said, pointing to my bed.

                “Yes, we did. But I wash my sheets,” I said, dumping Vesper onto my bed.

                “God, how many guys have you screwed on your bed?” Neo said in disgust.

                “Why do you keep asking me about my sex life?” I asked, turning to face him.

                A light blush came to his cheeks. “I just don’t get how you can have so much sex and with so many people.”

                “The same way most people do,” I said with a shrug, going over to him. He back up until he was pressed against my desk. I reached out, lightly running a hand down his chest. “It’s seduction. It’s fun and passionate and feels great, whether you top or bottom.”

                “What about connection? I hate people who are all about sex,” he said, snapping his teeth at my hand.

                “Connection is involved. When I lost my virginity, I thought I was in love,” I said, dropping my hand to my side. “I’ve had connection since then.”

                I glanced at the time and sighed. “I should get you home. It’s getting late. Come on, Neo.”

                “Yea, sure, I’m coming,” he grumbled, following me out of my bedroom. “What if I just started calling you James? Or Alex?”

                “I wouldn’t like that,” I said, grabbing my car keys.

                “What if I started calling Scott ‘Prescott’?” he asked, following me out of my house.

                “He would get annoyed for a few seconds and then stop caring,” I said, unlocking the car. “What if I start calling you Neoclassical?”

                I winced as his teeth sunk into my arm. He stepped away from me, smirking triumphantly.

                “I would do that,” he said with a nod.

                “Fair enough,” I said, climbing into the car. Neo got in with me, and I let him choose the music again as I drove towards his house.

                Neo stared out of the window as I drove, looking lost in thought. I pulled into his driveway a few minutes later, putting the car in park.

                “I enjoyed dinner with you,” I said with a smile.

                “Yea, I guess it wasn’t unbearable,” he said, not looking at me.

                I leaned over and he looked at me, his expression nervous. My lips curled into a smile as I searched his eyes.

                “Well? Am I going to have to stay away from you? Because that would be a shame,” I said.

                I could see the indecisiveness in his eyes, and knew he was thinking of Donnie. But I was lying when I told Bennett that Neo Bartosz had a desire to be used.

                “Whatever, I’ll see you later,” he said, hurrying to push the car door open.

                I leaned over, kissing his cheek. “I’ll see you later Neo,” I said, leaning back and watching his blushing form hurry up the driveway and into his house.

                I reached across, pulling his door shut. I grinned, backing out of his driveway and heading back towards my own house. Sure, I’d actually enjoyed spending the night with Neo. But what fun would it be if I hadn’t?

                “Things are really going to get fun now,” I mumbled to myself, my grin returning. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 5.8K 40
❝𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬❞ Whe...
If Only By MenaGood_

Teen Fiction

4.6K 243 8
Ian and Ryan are identical twin brothers but not everybody knows this because they got separated at an early age when their parents got divorced, wit...
658 85 27
He said to himself, "Why do I keep staring at Andrew like that. I like girls. I'm not gay, or am I?" When Jarrett Mitchell moves to a new school, he...