Eternal Wings

By cindythipham_

Hell is deadly. Heaven is too marvelous. What's in between? War. Xander died, but not quite. God made him imm... More

Prolouge
1 | The Encounter
2 | Awaken
3 | Understanding
4 | New People
6 | Resting

5 | Jealousy

32 1 0
By cindythipham_

I opened up my eyes and kneed him. Right in the balls. My specialty. 

He cried in pain, clutching onto his little baby maker. I smirked and laughed. "Don't play with me. Are you serious? Doing these things because you are jealous. I actually thought you were in love with me." 

"What are you talking about?" he spitted out, still groaning. "You--wow--kick really hard." 

I shrug. "You dislike Xander and try to make him jealous, right? You want to be the 'hottest' guy. The only one. How did I know? Well people are arguing who's hotter, the new student or the new teacher. You must've heard." I explained to him, quoting 'hottest' with my indexing and middle fingers. I crossed my arms, "Why me?" 

Mr. Smith groaned, "How did you get that idea?" 

Quickly answering, I said, "I'm ugly. Why would you like me? And also, what about Xander?" Still crossing my arms, I started tapping the floor, getting impatient. 

"You're beautiful, I mean look at you," he said, not even bother looking up. "I could tell by the way you look at him. You like him, right?" I felt heat slowly rushing up to my face. 

"What do you mean?" 

He looks up at me, ready to say something, but stops. Looking in my eyes, he drew closer to me. 

"You're eyes," he whispers. "They're beautiful. Are you wearing contacts?" He looks at me as seconds pass. He shakes his head just a bit and grabbed my hand. I pull away, nervous of what he was going to do. Having another attempt, he pulled my hands to his chest. A rhythm was beating rapidly as my hand interfered with his chest. 

"This is what your heart feels like when you are in love," he says. He smiled softly at me. I found my heart following the same pattern as his. Am I in love with Mr. Smith? This "loving" feeling is very... strange.

"What is love?" I questioned him, my eyes suddenly wandering to his. "I don't understand it." I pulled away and hugged my hand. I looked up at him, nervously. He blushes a little, but calms down.

He changes his expression and looked a bit surprised. "Do you not love your parents?" 

"I... I don't have any parents." I honestly told him. "I have no memory of them." 

He looks gloomy, but answers, "Love is a tender, passionate affection for another person." 

"Do you feel the same for me? You heart," he says, "does it beat for me?" Mr. Smith moves his hand over my heart. Just by the touch, I could feel my heart's pound echoing through his hand. Still trapping me between the wall, he leans closer and closer to my lips. I slowly close my eyes, tempting to kiss him back. 

"Unlock the door."

The voice inside my head alerts me. My body quickly moves on its own like it knows what it's doing. I duck down, avoiding the kiss and crawled under Mr. Smith. He was taken by surprise. I ran to the door and unlocked it as quickly as I could. 

"What am I doing?" I yell out to myself. 

"Open the door!" Xander's voice echoed behind the door. I see... The slave spell or whatever. With a twist of the knob, I opened the door for Xander. He rushed in looking at Mr. Smith. He peers at me, my hair down and glasses off. He rushes over to the teacher and holds him up by the collar. "What did you do to her?" 

"Something that you'll never have the courage to do," he replies, confidently. He gazes at me and winks. Xander drops him down, grabs my things, then grabs my hand as he lead us out the classroom.

Walking out, I could hear Mr. Smith say, "I'm going to get her." 

Xander took me to the boy's bathroom and jumps into one of the stall. he pushes my shoulders down, making me sit on the stall. Are you serious?

"This is the boy's bathroom!" I whispered to him, loudly enough for him to hear. He shrugs. 

"And have a boy in the girl's restroom? No way."

He places my glasses on the side and starts braids my hair. How did he learn how to braid hair? Even I don't know how to braid my hair, Aunt Cassy does that for me.  

"Don't question. I used to braid my girlfriend's hair," he said, reading my mind. I looked at him, feeling gloomy. I felt my heart weakened. 

"Did she break up with you?" 

He looks at me, startled, but then dies down. "No." 

"Then why aren't you with her?" He continues to braid my hair.

"I'm scared to face her." 

"Why?" 

He growls at me, "Because she thinks I'm dead!" 

I was quietly, feeling sorry. My hands collided with each other and I start playing with my fingers.

"What does love feel like?" I asked him, apprehensively. 

He braids my hair without looking at me. "It's a feeling," he pauses. "I don't know. A feeling of desire to be with that person? I'm not a good love expert." 

"Do you like me?" I blurted out. He stares at me for a while before realizing what I had asked. He face turns pink and he looks down. 

"I have a girlfriend." 

I giggled. "No, as a person. I didn't mean love." 

He sighs, ignoring me, and finishes off my braid with a hair tie. "Why do you wear glasses? You eyes," he pauses, "they are beautiful."

He opens up the stall and lets me out. There were no boys around and so I walked closer to the mirror, curious of what my eyes looked like. Peering into the glass, I found a girl staring back. She had beautiful bright golden eyes. Creepy, I would say. I lifted my right hand up and she lifted her left. She mimicked my every move. 

"What are you doing?" Xander questions. His image appeared behind the girl in the mirror. I turned around and smiled. 

"I never seen myself in a mirror before. Aunt Cassy would never let me." 

"Uh--Why?" he said, slightly confused. 

"I don't know myself." 

We sneaked out of the bathroom and I turned around, remembering that my glasses were still in the stall. Because of my stupid mind, I forgot that Xander was right behind me. As I collided with him, we both feel down. I felt a slight pain on my lips. but it was on something soft. I rushed myself upright and touched my injured lips, a bit swollen. A little trickle of blood was formed on and around my lips. I looked over at Xander and noticed that he had the same thing. Instead of wiping the blood off, Xander looked at me, studded. 

"Nerd!" I heard a voice yell out. I found my glasses next to Xander's hand and snatched it. Putting my glasses on, I turned around to see an unpleasant Riley. Her face was red and it kind of look like she was going to explode. "You. Did. That. On. Purpose." Her friend was right next to her, looking like she was about to faint. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked, wiping off extra blood. 

"You turned around so you could kiss him and look at what you did!" she yells out and throws a big tantrum. She puts her hands in front of her and puts them down multiple times like she wanted something. "That's MY future boyfriend!" I felt my face heat up and I noticed that I was sitting on top of Xander. I quickly got up and lifted on hand up to help him. He was about to reach for my hands, but Riley jumped in and grabbed his hand. 

"Thanks," he says. He cries a little in pain as he touches his lip. 

"Let's go to the nurse," she says sweetly as if she never threw a tantrum. 

I just kisses Xander. Just of the thought, it made my heart throb. I kissed Xander. I kissed... I kissed somebody. 

Well, it wasn't very pleasant. My teeth probably smashed on his lips as it did to mine.

I rushed to the girl's restroom and wiped myself up. The heart pounding thoughts of the kiss went away and I kept thinking to myself, why haven't I looked at myself in the mirror at school. Maybe it's the fact that I didn't care about my looks. After all the evidence of the blood was nearly gone, I paused for a moment, tempting to get my glasses off. 

What could go wrong?

You see, I never thought about it, so of course I never thought about what would happen. I regret a lot of my decisions, but never have I regretted something so badly. 

I looked into the mirror, taking my glasses off. I peered back into my reflection and stared deeply into my own eyes. I glanced at every details of my bright golden eyes. My eyes lashes were long and dark, unlike my hair. I always thought that your eyelashes are supposed to be the color of your eyes. 

Suddenly, a high piercing scream filled my ears. I turned around to see what happened, but I was no longer in the bathroom. I was in a room, a woman's dress was drenched in blood was staring at me, screaming. Her hair was wavy brown and it would be pretty if a dark red stain wasn't on it. She fell onto the floor, but quickly got back up. Tears poured down from her face. Another scream came somewhere else, but it stopped. The woman stared at me with wide eyes. 

"Eva, run!" she yells. She scrambles to me, slipping on the floor before getting back up. She grabs me like I was a little girl, light and small. As she runs away with me in her arms, I looked at my hands, smaller than what my hands should be. Am I seeing the memories that I've forgotten? My thought came to an end when a terrifying scream came out. I curiously look up to see a big demon. His hair was twisted in a way which made him look like he had horns. His skin was dark and red, probably from being in hell for so long. He looked normal, but some characteristics were strange. However, he was also a giant, nothing like what I had expected. 

The demon threw fireballs at us, but missed. Instead it hit the house which bursted into flames seconds later. 

"Come to me!" he said. His voice was very strange like there were multiple people saying it in unison. The women set me down and rushed to the demon.

"Mommy?" I breathed out without any thought. 

"Never!" she screamed and bursted forward with a glowing sword that appeared out of nowhere. She was in the postion to kill, her sword on one side of her body. But the demon just picked her up effortlessly. She shruggled in the hand's of the demon, stabbing it. The demon, on the other hand, didn't seem to react. It was so big that the sword probably only felt like a pinch. I was shocked to see a single tear drop from the creature. The liquid dropped drown and it vibrated the whole ground. 

It was a romance scene. The demon loved... my mother? 

The demon started to shift into something else. Before I knew it, seven guys were hugging my mother. "We thought you were gone." They surrounded her, tears were dropping down their faces. Their eyes were closed as my mother tried to push them away. They only opened their eyes to stare at me. 

"Who is she?" one whispered. My mother had enough force to push them away. She ran over to me and covered me. She filled my with warmness and I snuggled with her. But her warmness was now gone as she was being pushed away by the guys. I looked over to see my mother with beautiful wings, but one was halfway torn, looking lifeless. The seven males glared at me, their eyes full of hatred. They circled around me, leaving a gap for each one and started chanting words that were barely understandable. My mother cried, screaming at me. She ran to me and blocked me, but it was too late. Hands appeared from the ground and I did what came to mind first. 

I screamed. 

I pushed the hands away, but they kept on gripping onto my legs. 

"MOM!" I yell out, my heart pounding against my chest. Tears continuously rolled down my face as I screamed in fear. The hands were dragging me in. My mother tried to help me, but the male figures only pushed her away. One of them opened up gray wings. They were so familiar, but I couldn't pay much attention for that the hands were still dragging me. I was shaking. "Save me, mom!" The male who opened up his wings held my mom and took her away in the sky. I screamed and screamed, trembling in fear. The hands were continuing to pull my down. The lights from the flames on the house continued to glow. My vision was blurring from my tears, but I saw a figure running to me. 

I knew this person anywhere. 

"Aunt Cassy!" I whispered before closing my eyes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 111 10
The game of life is always rigged. This is known. But the real mystery of existence was never about life... it was about death. How could death, suc...
633K 34.6K 67
Time didn't matter to her. She got up when the sun did and tried to sleep when the sun went down. because of this seemingly endlessness, she's forgot...
827 181 25
*ONC 2024 entry* **Round Two Ambassador's Pick** **Shortlisted** She's an angel of love; an ill-fitting name, as she's no angel. She strives for a wo...
2.5K 114 30
*Heavily under editing* Earth is no longer the same place it used to be, instead the world is filled with chaos and beings that were said to only be...