Tobias x Reader

By WildWolfQueenMarisol

My first story! Tell me what you think. I'll gladly accept any constructive criticism anyone has for me. Don'... More

Chapter 1: Aptitude Test (Edited)
Chapter 2: Choosing Ceremony (Edited)
Chaper 3: Dauntless Headquarters
Chapter 4: Four
Chapter 5: First Day
Chapter 6: The First Ten
Chapter 7: Dauntless Flames
Chapter 8: The Warning
Chapter 9: Overstepping Boundaries
Chapter 10: Confusion
Chapter 11
Chapter 12: Hesitation
Chapter 13: Sleepless Night
Chapter 14: Distractions
Chapter 16: Capture the Flag (pt. 1)
Chapter 17: Capture the Flag (pt. 2)
Little Update

Chapter 15: For the Real Fight

5.7K 162 62
By WildWolfQueenMarisol

Galen and I trained next to each other, Michael standing on Galen's other side. The three of us bantered playfully but there was an uncertainty that hung in the air around us. The sparring mat that sat next to the initiates instilled a certain sense of uncertainty and fear within each and every one of us. 

When it finally became time for us to learn to spar, Four called us to the mat. We stood around clinging to his every word. I watched closely as he demonstrated proper stance and form, paying careful attention to how light he was on his feet and how he leaned into punches with his weight. I noticed how every time he threw a punch he moved to a different spot. It was subtle but useful.

After 20 minutes of lecturing us, Eric came into the training room. He stood by the door trying to remain unseen but everyone in the room was acutely aware of his presence. "Okay, enough of me talking. It's time for some action," Four said, glancing over at Eric. He opened his mouth to speak but Eric cut him off.

"John," Eric barked. The other initiates sighed in relief and moved away from him. John took this moment to impress Eric and Four by looking happy to be called up. He moved onto the mat and stared down at the other initiates menacingly.

"Galen," Four called. I gasped and looked at Galen. His jaw was clenched but he moved to the mat without hesitation. 

"Be careful," Michael and I whispered.

"Four wouldn't have called you up if he didn't think you couldn't take on John," I whispered as he passed me. 

"I know," he said, "Besides, I've been waiting for this moment."

I watched as Galen walked up to John. Galen, I realized was a lot taller than John but he was also thinner. Lack of height, John made up for in muscle. He had broad shoulders and thick arms. I worried about Galen but remembered what Four said about not underestimating the thinner opponent. "The thinner you are, the faster you can move," Four had said. I also knew that Galen could indeed throw a good punch. The more I thought about Galen, the less I worried.

Eric yelled for the fight to begin and so it did. John made the first move, lunging toward Galen. As I suspected Galen was much faster and managed to avoid him. Before John could fully recover, Galen punched him, clean and hard. The shot landed right on his forehead, knocking him back. 

John landed on his ass, earning laughs from the other initiates. "Come on," Eric growled, "Is this what you call a fight?"

John stood and lunged at Galen angrily. This time Galen didn't move fast enough and was sent sprawling. John gave him no time to recover, he began kicking Galen. Four looked away as Galen curled into a ball and allowed John to kick him over and over.

John stopped for a moment, leaned down and growled, "Are you done yet?"

Galen tapped the mat in response, "I concede."

"No," Eric called from his spot by the door. "No, you don't concede. You fight until you can't anymore."

Four looked at Eric, shocked. "I don't recall those being the rules," Four said, threateningly. I wondered for a moment why he said it that way.

"Times have changed," Eric said, smiling. "Now keep going."

I looked towards the sparring mat to see Galen back on his feet. His face was bleeding and he clutched his ribs but he took one look at John's face and recollected himself. Ignoring his injuries he lunged at John with fury in his eyes. He tackled him to the floor and began beating him. Galen's fists became bloody as he threw punch after punch at John's face. It was horrifying to see the blood everywhere and not know where it was coming from.

Four walked over to Galen and pulled him off of John's unconscious body. "That's enough," he said quietly.

Galen seemed to snap out of his angered state. Staring at his hands then John's face, he looked terrified. "I didn't mean to..." he said, gesturing to John.

"It's alright," Four said, "You won."

Galen just stood in shock. I walked over to him and began trying to reassure him that he was okay. He looked at me with an empty expression and said, "I'm scared."

"It's okay to be afraid," I said. "Let's get you cleaned up and then--"

"No," Galen said, "You don't understand. I'm scared because while I was beating him relentlessly...I enjoyed it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 48K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
950K 31.6K 58
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
126K 529 35
PLEASE NO HATE! U READ THE TITLE IF U DONT WANNA READ DONT READ!