9 + 1= Chaos

By Grace491

After a tragic accident killing both his parents, Jericho, a nerdy English boy, has to go live with family fr... More

9 + 1= Chaos
Chapter 2- Meeting Time
Chapter 3 - Delgado Style
Chapter 4 - Snowball Fights
Chapter 5 - Lighten Up
Chapter 6- I miss my parents
Chapter 7 - School
Chapter 8- Secrets
Chapter 10 - Double Dose of England - PREVIEW

Chapter 9 - The fight

241 20 10
By Grace491

My week is going great as for the girls I'm afraid I can't say the same. I had gotten Sadie yesterday, I got Sadie trying to forge Mr. Delgado's signature. It was Friday morning now and I had three more girls I had to catch in the act of doing something bad. Danni who I have to admit I wasn't paying much attention to, Ariana, and Alex who were making it exceptionally hard for me to catch doing something bad anything.

I was right in front of the bathroom door when Alejandra came out of her room.

"Good morning Jericho." She said putting her hand on my chest pushing back and entering the bathroom.

"Why does it seem I can never go to the bathroom in peace in this house?!" I yelled through the door and got no response. i really need some dirt on that girl.

...................................................................................

At lunch i told the guys what I have been doing this whole week and their replies kind of shocked me.

"I don't know Jericho this doesn't seem like a very great idea." Eli commented.

"Yeah those Delgado girls seem dangerous." Brandon added with a grin.

"Enoch reacted the same way you guys worry to much its. You just have to beat them at their own game that's all." I said taking a bite of my food.

"Yeah but these girls have been playing this game for years and you just started. It like taking a professional football player and putting hm up against some freshman in high school who do you think will win." Mark made a valid point but I don't think this is the same thing.

"Whats up guys?" James who I've only talked to twice since the first day when he helped me, asked us.

"Jericho thinks he'll get away with black mailing the Delgado girls." Eli answered.

James turned to me without hesitation turned to me. "Were you dropped on your head as a child?"

"You guys underestimate me." I said with confidence.

"And you, my friend, overestimate yourself." Brandon replied.

"Yeah whatever." I said getting up to throw away my food.

After school i was about to get in the car when Kassandra stopped me.

"Wait can you go tell Danni that Mami and Papi want her to come home with us today?" She asked.

"Um sure, where is she at?" i questioned throwing my back pack into the back seat.

"Bottom floor the room completely at the end of the hall. You can't miss it its the only one with a swimming pool." She explained.

I went jogging down the halls until I found the indoor pool. I looked around at all the girls faces and did not see Danni. I walked up to the lady who looked like the couch and noticed all the girls were giving me either a disgusted or confused look. Then I noticed what this probably looked like. A boy walking into an all girls swimming practice and staring at them.

"Is there something I can help you with?" The couch lady asked.

"Um yeah, do you have um Dia, I mean Alex, I mean Danni Delgado in here." I stumbled over my words noticing the girls were starting to whisper.

"No Danni isn't here and you really shouldn't be either young man." She said looking like she was about to start laughing at my discomfort.

I mumbled a quick sorry before speed walking out of there.

I got back in the car and before anyone said anything I spoke up. "You realise you sent me in there looking like a massive pervert." I said to Kassandra. All the girls started bursting out laughing.

Kassandra turned around. "I'm sorry Jericho I didn't mean to." She was still laughing but I could tell she hadn't sent me in there with the thought of making me look like a perv.

"Where's Danni anyway?" Alex asked.

"I don't know the couch said she hadn't shown up." I realised what had just happened when a sly grin crossed my face.

"Oh no you don't. You will not black mail that girl." Kassandra warned looking at me in the rear view mirror as we drove away from the school.

"I'm not doing anything." I said innocently.

"Good." She mumbled.

"Yet." I added chuckling as they all groaned.

When we got home we only found Enoch sitting in the living room with Essie on his lap. I realised Dia wasn't there and remembered she went back to school.

"How did you get in here?" I asked, figuring Dia use to let him in and Mrs. Delgado never would.

"Essie let me in." He said tickling her.

"I thought one of your classes was switched to the afternoon today." Kassandra commented.

His eyes went wide. "Oh my god, your right!" He exclaimed taking Essie of his lap, jumping over the couch and running out the door.

"Your boyfriends an idiot." Carmen said bluntly.

Kassandra smiled. "Yes, but, he's my idiot."

I was sitting on the couch doing my homework when the door bell rang I got up and went to open it only to find Danni. "Where were you?" I question.

"Swimming what does matter to you anyway?" She sounded pretty defensive.

"Really than why is it that when I went to get you, you weren't there?" Now it kind of sounded like I was interrogating her.

"What do you want Jericho you want me to be nice to you like you've made all the rest of my sisters?" She asked.

"That'd be nice."

"Then it's done." She said simply while going up stairs.

"Wait your not going to tell me?" I called after her.

She started laughing. "No."

............................................................

I woke in the middle of the night to what sounded like an engine. I went downstairs to see what was happening. Since this house was so big the nearest neighbor was like a mile away.

I opened the front door to see the SUV Kassandra drives us to school in, pulling in. The car turned into the drive way screeching and then hitting the brakes rather hard. That's weird I recall Kassandra going to bed.

I slipped along the wall of the house so who ever was in the car wouldn't see me. When the car got close enough I ducked down and started walking towards it with my back hunched. When the door opened I knew it wasn't Kassandra for sure. I heard Alex's voice talking to someone else.

"See that wasn't that bad." She said even though I could hear her voice shaking slightly.

I finally got close enough to pop up on the side of her door. "Well what do we have here?" I said quickly. Both the girls screamed bloody murder. I looked over and saw the other Delgado was Ariana. Oh good, killing two birds with one stone.

Ariana was heaving because of the way I scared them. Alex reached into the back seat grabbing Ari's purse and tossing it on her lap. Still heaving she took out her inhaler and took two deep puffs.

"I'm.Gonna. Strangle. You."She breath still heaving sort of between each word. She lunged across Alejandra for my neck before Alex caught her.

"Down girl." Alex said laughing as she pushed her back in her chair. "What do you want Jericho?"

"Lets try you guys treating me better." I said.

She shook her head. "Not gonna happen."

"Well I guess I'll just have to go tell Mami and Papi." I said sarcastically imitating their voices when I said Mami and Papi.

"Okay!" Ari screamed.

"Wait Ari he doesn't even have proof." Alex was a lot calmer than the other girls were when I caught them doing something bad.

"But Alex papi's gonna tear us up." She was still breathing incredibly heavily every word sounded like a struggle. God I didn't realise I had scared her that bad.

"No, he's not, like I said he doesn't have proof." She repeated

"Good point." I pulled my phone out of the back pocket of the jeans I had pulled on before coming down here and snapped a picture of them. "See this."I said turning the camera towards them. "The angle I took this picture at has a clear view of both you two sitting in the car and the clock that reads three thirty am. Now if I'm not mistaken your curfew on Fridays is midnight." I said pointing at Ari. Then I turned my finger to Alex. "And your's is one. Also, if i'm not mistaken you don't have your license. Now that's not just against your parents rules but against the law. And i have all the proof here."

They both sat there completely still until Alex lifted up her hands and started clapping. A grin spread across her face as she stuck her hand out. Confused I reached forward shaking it.

"I have to hand it to you Jericho I didn't think you would be able do it. Come on lets go inside before somebody else catches us." She hopped out of the car and we started making our way towards the house.

I entered the kitchen to get some water and the girls followed me. Alex was still mumbling about how she couldn't believe I pulled it off. As soon as we got in the kitchen Ari sat down at one of the stools that faced the counter and laid her head down her shoulders rising and falling as she breathed. I got out a cup a took some water from the sink.

As I drank I heard Alex mumbling something to Ari. "Are you okay?" She asked rubbing her sisters back. You could literally hear her struggle to breath it was like high pitched heaves. "Here." Alex reached inside Ariana's purse and pulled out her inhaler again. She took two puffs and nothing changed.

"Why isn't it working?" Alex asked almost to herself. She shook the inhaler and gave it back to her sister. Still nothing.

"Whats going on?" I questioned.

Alex didn't answer me. "Go get Mami!" She yelled at me. I ran to their room and knocked hard on the door.

"Mrs. Delgado!" I called.

"What do you need Jericho!?" She yelled back.

"Its Ariana she can't -" Before I even finished my sentence the door flung open.

"Where is she?" She asked still tying her robe.

"In the kitchen." We ran in the kitchen. To find Alex frantically shaking the inhaler I thought its was clear that, that wasn't working.

Mrs.Delgado opened one of the many cabinets in the kitchen and took out one of those things that looks like a big clear inhaler.

Mrs. Delgado yelled something in Spanish at Alex.

"Mami I'm trying!" Alex replied in panic.

Mrs. Delgado went up to her and snatched the small inhaler out of her hand. I couldn't see what she was doing with the big clear tube thing but she turned Ari around and stuck it in her mouth. You could see the white air coming out of the tube. Mrs. Delgado did that twice and then pulled it out.

"Better?" She asked. Ari nodded.

Mrs. Delgado looked at the three of us confusion plastered on her face. "Why aren't you two in your pajamas?" She asked Alex and Ari.

Ari was to out breath to answer so Alex spoke up. "Um we fell asleep down stairs watching a movie and I guess Jericho heard it because he came down stairs to wake us up and kind of scared Ari in the process so that's how this happened." She said motioning to Ari.

Mrs. Delgado narrowed her eyes at Alex, and then turned to me. I nodded vigorously.

"Okay." She said skeptically. "You three get upstairs and help your sister." Mrs. Delgado ordered before walking back to her room.

Alex started walking away to go upstairs.

"Wait." I called after her. I motion tor ward Ari.

"Try and help her if you want but be warned." She whispered heading up the stairs.

I went over to Ari and stuck my hand out. She didn't even look up before slapping my hand away. "I don't need your help." She said.

I chuckled. "You girls are way to proud."

......................................................................................................................

Unknown POV

I woke up Saturday morning. Today was the day. I woke up all my sisters and brought them to Kassandra's room again.

Kassandra rolled over in her bed. "Is there a special reason why your bringing everyone into my room at nine in the morning on a Saturday ."

"Today is the day." I said in a stern voice.

"Really, now?" Kassandra asked sitting up.

"Now." I said nudging Lia.

"Okay I get my part in this is bringing Jericho downstairs but I would like to know what you guys are planning to do to him." Lia stated.

"You'll find out when you bring him down stairs." I replied. Everyone knew that if Lia knew the plan she wouldn't go through with it therefore we didn't tell her. "Now go." I said shoving her out the door. Me and all the rest of my sisters went downstairs and waited till we heard Lia and Jericho coming down. As soon as they entered the kitchen Kassandra started filming two of my other sisters pulled down his pants and held him in place while I started hosing him down with the sink hose.

At first he was shocked and kind of slapping the water than he just stopped stood there and took it. He turned to the camera with a livid look on his face. "Turn that thing off." He ordered slowly in a thick English accent. Kassandra turned it off and shrugged.

"Doesn't matter it uploaded straight to the Internet anyway."

Jericho nodded pulling his pants.

"This should teach you not to try to blackmail us again." I said putting the small hose back.

He just kept nodding while he wrung out the shirt that he was wearing. "You girls are unbelievable. Did you ever stop to think why I was blackmailing you in the first place? I gave you a simple task to treat me right and I wouldn't tell your parents that their daughters are future delinquents. You girls should be ashamed that I had to blackmail in the first place to get you to treat me right. I'm sorry that I have to be the boy to come in your house and ruin your whole girl streak you had going here but, let me remind you that it was not my decision to come in the first place."

He was about to walk away but stopped and turned around. "Oh and don't worry your Mami and Papi, won't find out about anything." He hissed before leaving the room.

"Well I think it's fair to say he put us in our place." Kassandra mumbled.

..........................................

Jericho's POV

On Monday I texted Eli and asked him to pick me up for school. He gladly excepted.

I had managed to ignore these girls for the rest of the weekend I wasn't about to ride in a car with them. I heard the doorbell ring and knew Eli was here. Somebody open the door before. I walked down stairs to and saw Eli was no longer in the front of the door, I walked into the kitchen only to see Eli surrounded by the girls drinking a cup of orange juice.

When he saw me he almost spit it back into the cup. "Mmm you ready to go?" He asked.

I simply nodded.

"So your not even going to ride to school with us?" Carmen questioned.

I ignored her thinking I made that pretty clear. I stepped out of the house and slammed the door behind me.

Right when Eli and I got into his car he started talking. "You know most people from school just think that what they did as just some prank but now I know better. All I have to say is I told you so just doesn't do it."

"Thanks man." I said.

"I just saying those girls are very protective of each other, you do something to one of them and then all of them are out for your blood." He pointed out.

"Oh please those girls are out for way more than blood." I mumbled.

When we got to our first period I didn't even make eye contact with Carmen as she walked in. At lunch the guys would not stop talking about how they got me good everyone really did think it was a prank. Heading to my last period I always pass Carmen locker not usually paying much attention to it cause usually her and Mike are just standing there talking or kissing, but today I saw Carmen standing there alone. I couldn't see her face because it was hidden behind the door. As soon as she shut the door I could see her. She had red blotches around her eyes and tears streaming down her face

This shocked me because other than Essie I had yet to see any of the girls cry. I went up to go talk to her I mean I was still mad but I would go back to the silent treatment once I was sure she was fine.

"What's wrong?" I asked blatantly.

She looked up at me quickly wiping her eyes. "Nothing." She said her voice clearly clogged. Her eyes looked down the hallway so quickly that if you weren't paying attention you probably would not have noticed but I did. I looked down and saw two people making out.

"Why were you crying over two people kissing?" I questioned.

Tears started rushing back to her eyes. "It's nothing Jericho." She half yelled at me.

Clearly lying. I looked closer at the people down the hallway and saw that the guy was in fact Mike. "Did you two break up?" I asked.

"Jericho its okay." She said trying to walk away.

I wasn't leaving somebody had to talk to this Mike character. I walked right up to Mike pulling him off this other girl by the collar.

"Hey man whats your problem?" He yelled forming a crowd already wow these people are fast.

"Whats my problem? You're the one standing over here sucking face with another girl when you know that your girlfriends locker is just three feet away."

"I don't see why this is any of your business so why don't you get out of here before I teach you a lesson." he said reaching back for his new girl.

I was ,actually, about to walk away, I had never been in a fight before so as far as I know this guy would beat me. I looked up and saw all the Delgado girls that go to this school had now joined the crowd and were watching me with anticipation. Alex was closest to me and when she saw I was making a move to walk away she rolled her eyes and started pushing her way through the crowd to leave. I had to stay, even if it meant getting my butt kicked I had to prove to these girls that I'm not as weak as they think.

"Hey Alex!" I called after her. I took off my backpack and tossed it over a couple of people for her to catch. "Well Mike maybe its time the teacher becomes the student." I said giving Alex a wink before turning back to face him. I barely had time to turn all the way around before he had me pinned against the wall.

He got really close up to my face. "You don't know who you're messing with."

Completely ignoring that first comment I leaned closer to him. "Sorry Mike ,but, these lips are off limits." A few laughs rang out from the crowd. Mikes fist suddenly plunged into my stomach. Slightly pushing him away I keeled over on the ground coughing. When the pain subsided a bit i stood back up only to have something knock me in the jaw. I stumbled backwards into someone who pushed me right back into Mike. Thank you random citizen.

He was about to hit me again but this time I was ready for him. I caught his fist and bent it back. We stood there, everyone waiting for my next move. I hit him in the chest knocking the wind out of him for a split second. He stumbled back a couple steps before he came charging at me. He lept to tackly me but I was faster than him jumping to the side at the last second.

Once he hit the floor i didn't even give him time to react before I flipped him over and started repeatedly punching him in the face. My knuckles were throbbing but I didn't stop. Mike tried to block me with his arms but than I only started hitting him harder.

Somebody grabbed the back of my shirt pulling me away from Mike. Breaking free from their grasp I turned around only to come face to face with Mr. Solomon.

"Alright everyone get to class!" He pointed at me and Mike. "You two come with me."

We obediently followed. Mr. Solomon told us to wait outside while he went to talk to the principal. He came out a couple minutes later holding papers. "Principal wants to talk to you two."

I followed Mike into the office. The principal was a short man with a receding hair line and glasses that kept slipping down his nose.

"No." He spoke in a much deeper voice then I had expected. "I don't want to hear anyone side of the story I'm just going to give your punishment and call your parents." He looks up at both of us like we're supposed to say sir yes sir or something.

"Okay you boys will be suspended for three days and when you come back you will be put in, I'm school suspension for two days." He went back to his work while Mike and I just stood there not knowing what to do next. He looked up realizing we were still there. "Oh yeah you boys can leave your parents ought to be on their way here already."

Mike and I walked out of his office and sat in the waiting chairs far from each other. Not to long after sitting down Mikes dad showed up. He looked kind of angry. " Come on." He told Mike simply. Mike stood up. " You let this nerd give you that." His dad said pointing at his black eye." Now I see why he was mad. Not because his son got into a fight nope, he was mad because this nerd actually kind of stood a chance. Not to long after Mike and his dad left Mrs. Delgado came in absolutely flaming. "Let's go." She ordered.

I got up and slowly walked towards her. She pinches the top of my ear. "I got a call from work saying one of my kids has got in some trouble. My first thought is Alex again,. this time I'm sending that girl to private school. Then you know what name I heard?" She paused like she wanted answer to the obvious question.

"Um is this a rhetorical question?" I asked.

"It was yours Jericho." We had reached her car now and she pretty much pushed me into the front seat and then stomped around to her side.

She pulled out of the parking lot not saying a word. I turned to look at her noticing that she was close to tears. "Listen Jericho I know your sad about your parents but this is not-"

I cut her off. "Mrs. Delgado I'm sorry. I sorry you had to leave work early because of me and I'm sorry i have dropped this load on your shoulders first by moving in then this. But you have to know that is not why i got into a fight with that kid."

"Then why Jericho?" She took a quick glance at before turning back to the road.

"I found Carmen crying in the hallway because just a couple feet away from her was her so called ( well probably ex now) boyfriend making out with some other girl-"

She sighed before I even finished we stooped at a red light and she put one of her hands behind my head. "Jericho these girl they're going to get into stuff with boys and as much as I hate to see them get hurt if I keep holding them back they're just going to want to disobey me more. You just have to leave them alone even if she gets back together with Mike you can tell her its not a good idea but in the end its not up to you."

"And there is nothing I can do about it." I mumbled.

"Its just how its is." She still hadn't let go of head. "You had good intentions trying to help my daughters but you went about it in the wrong way." She let go off my head then i felt a sharp sting.

"Ow!"

"But your still grounded." She said putting her hand back on the wheel.

"Did you just hit me?" I said holding the back of my head.

"Sure did."

.........................................................................................

When we got back to the house its was only a little while before the girls came back I decided to sit on the couch and try to assume what my homework might be for the next coming three days. And i wonder why they think I'm a nerd.

Before i knew it I heard a car pulling into the drive way. I waited till they all came in. I kneeled on the couch facing them. Carmen was first she just stood in front and just looked at me.

"I'm sorry, it was none of my business I should have just stayed out of-" The next thing she did was probably one of the most shocking things any of these girls have ever done to me. She gave me a hug.

"Thank you." She said pulling away her voice sounding clogged with tears again then she just left.

I stared at her back wondering what just happened.

"She'll be like that for a couple days the eventually she will get over it." someone said behind me I turned around see Kassandra sitting next to me.

"Is she okay?"

"She will be." She said matter of factly.

Alex walked into the room. "Well if it isn't Jericho clay the bad boy." She said it sarcastically but I completely noticed the huge smile on her face.

"You are so happy I did it aren't you?" I questioned her

rather than answering me she just kind of laughed.

"Hey you forgot something." Ari came into the room and handed me my back pack and she to was smiling. Danni came in close behind her, guess no swim practice today .

"We gave you a nickname on the way home." Danni said. Carmen came back down stairs but just sat in one of the single chairs not saying a word. Kassandra stood up and walked over to her I looked away from them and turned back to Danni.

"Yeah?"

"Uh-huh, what are your thoughts on Rico?" Even though she said it in the form of a question I had a feeling my opinion didn't matter.

"I could live with that." I nodded. We talked for a little bit longer before all the girl went off to their own rooms except one a I couldn't help but wonder why.

.................................................................................................

Unknown POV

We were just staring at each other right now. I don't know why I stayed down here. There was something different about him or at least to me there was.

I saw him fight mike today and it was the last thing I had expected. Jericho was a nerd one who didn't seem to be that interested in girls or any gender for that matter. Yet in my eyes something was different about him. He just completely forgot about how we humiliated him and posted on the Internet. While we would hold a grudges against him for weeks.

Something was different about Jericho.

I noticed we were stilling looking at each other. I looked down at the floor and stood up. "I'm going to go do some homework." I said walking away.

"O-Okay." He stuttered. I could feel his eyes on my back as I walked away. I turned around and he looked at the floor pretending like he wasn't looking at me at all. But I noticed the dark shade pink rising up his neck.

Something was different about Jericho.

I could feel my cheeks heating up. Or was there something different about me?

###################################################################

A/N

Why hello everyone!!!!! sorry for the big long wait. I think somebody forgot to tell me how busy freshman year of high school could be. My sister has the next chapter, but it might be a while for her to get something up because she graduates from college in about 25 days.

You know what would help her get the chapter up faster is if you ......................................

COMMENT

VOTE

AND

FAN

WELP UNTIL NEXT TIME EVERYONE!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685K 21.9K 64
#1 in Distance #1 in Girlfriend #1 in Living #60 in Discover #2 in Brothers #5 in Love #45 in Teen Fiction #64 in Sadness #8 in Dance Eight boys. One...
110K 4.3K 27
I'm Finn Vasco but that's not quite important right now. I'm a pretty sarcastic guy if I'm gonna be honest. I'm closed off and I literally only have...
44.8K 1.1K 41
❝ 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘢 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘰'𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥? ❞ ───✰✰✰✰✰─── 𝘏𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘸𝘢𝘴...
1.1K 55 7
Welcome to Mackenzie Court high school.Where there are jocks, cheerleaders, geeks and then there's just her. Veronique Clarke the girl who has only t...