𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 πŽπ… π‘π„πˆ...

By sadgirlzera

Book 1: The Rules of Diana Book 2: The Rules of Reid Reid Maxwell has lived in Italy for 10 years, studying... More

Welcome
One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Epilogue
Book Three: The Rules of Selina

Four

2.3K 84 13
By sadgirlzera

Diana Samuels ran her hands through her blonde hair as her earrings glistened under the dim light. In front of her was the biggest piece of meat she had seen and she wasn't talking about the filet mignon on her plate. For the last hour, she had snuck glances at the man she'd thought she'd never see again, studying him. In the last 10 years, he had become even more handsome, something that Diana didn't know was possible.

Even though she was the Defense Attorney married to the Mayor of New York, Reid always visited her in her dreams. Surely, she believed she had moved on from him years ago but that didn't stop her from dreaming about him. She didn't understand her feelings, she thought she had grown from the young girl she once was but it's clear, she had some type of feelings for him. Diana thought that once she was married, she would forget about him, but that wasn't the case.

That was terrifying to her. It was why she avoided him, she never showed up to his parties in Italy, she never returned his calls or his letters, and she didn't invite him to her wedding. It may have been a little dramatic but she couldn't handle seeing him. It all didn't matter because here he was, dressed in one of the newest designer tuxedos wearing a Rolex that was more expensive than the house he grew up in.

"This is nice, look at us all reunited after all these years," Lucas said, as the group continued eating the food that was served. "It's great finally having Reid return to America. It seemed like he was always busy with this and that,"

"I would have come back for certain circumstances," His deep voice entered her ears and she felt her throat tighten. Suddenly, her eyes narrowed, as she kept playing with her salty pasta.

Certain Circumstances? She felt her shoulders drop. Shit, he knew about the wedding.

"I understand some of us have failed to catch up so why don't we all go around and say something about us that has changed since high school?" Riley asked as the group agreed. "Alright, I'll go first. After I graduated, I realized I wanted to open a jewelry business. So that's exactly what I did,"

"Oh shit, I've been meaning to ask you where you got your jewelry all night," Jasmine said, tilting her head.

"It's Authority Jewelry and I've gotten a lot of exposure. Just last week, we were in Forbes as 'One of the Best Newest Jewelry Brands," She said, with red cheeks. It was no secret, she was sensitive talking about her business. It was her baby.

"Congratulations. That's amazing," Diana granted her a smile, placing her hand on Jasmine's shoulder.

"Serious, that's incredible. I'll buy some necklaces for my family," Tiffany promised. "Yeah, so that's my story. Who would like to go next?"

"How about Reid?" Lucas said, leaning back into his chair with a smug look on his face. "Yeah, come on, boss man. Tell us about Italy. We see how famous you've become because of your paintings—Especially with the ladies,"

Reid chuckled, adjusting the rings on his tattooed fingers, letting his head fall back slightly. Diana felt her heart beat rapidly, it had been a while since she saw that smile.

"Speaking of the ladies—A few years ago, I faced-timed him and I think he was drunk because when he answered it, there were four girls in his bed. All naked. I had to wash my eyes out with bleach after that," Jasmine chuckled, leaning back into her chair.

"No fucking way," Lucas said, a smirk resting on his face. "I'm telling you, the Italian girls love him,"

Diana played with her food, feeling something stab her abdomen. Was it jealousy? When her husband whispered something to her, she smiled and nodded. She didn't quite hear what he said, and she didn't care. It was obvious, that she held distaste for Reid's private affairs.

"I'll go next," She suddenly said, grabbing the attention of the table, and flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder. Reid's smile dialed down and based on the mischievous glint in her eyes, he knew something was up. "After I graduated, I became the District Attorney. Then I met the love of my life, the Mayor of New York City,"

They watched as she pulled him for a kiss, wrapping her hands around his neck. Jasmine shared looks with Tiffany, her eyebrows furrowed together. Reid's grip on his glass tightened, and he flexed his jaw. With every second that passed, his eyes grew darker and darker. What game was Diana playing? Why was she trying so hard to remind him that she had found someone else and he hadn't?

Once they broke apart, his eyes moved from Diana to her husband before settling on the blonde again. "Yes, I'm sure we all know who Mayor Kenneth Samuels is,"

Riley's eyes widened—she knew this was not good. Jasmine chuckled to herself darkly before taking a sip of her champagne. Diana and Reid glared at each other, speaking eyes with their conversations. Normally, he would have backed down from her dirty stare but he was just as upset as she was. She was playing him—she had to have been.

"Excuse me," She suddenly said, slamming her napkin on the table and walking off. His blood was boiling, he was hot. If Reid had known Diana was going to be such a brat when they were adults, he would have steered clear of her when they were in high school. He waited a few minutes before he excused himself and followed her, even though everyone knew where he was going except Kenneth.

As he walked through the empty hallways, he let his eyes bounce from every person to person, looking for her. Finally, he spotted her entering the woman's bathroom, and he cursed gently to himself. "Fucking hell,"

Reid leaned on the wall near the bathroom and nodded at the waiters who passed him. He sighed, opening the bathroom door and walking inside, spotting Diana who applied more red lipstick in the mirror. Luckily, there was no one else there—it was just the two of them.

"I knew you would follow me," She mumbled, running her hands through her blonde hair and looking at herself. He chuckled, shaking his head softly to himself. "That's why you picked somewhere private,"

"We need to talk,"

"You're telling me," He said, raising his right eyebrow. In the dark candlelight, he was finally able to get a good look at her outfit. She wore a red dress that hugged all her curves and left little to the imagination. She always knew how to look good, she was torturing him.

When he smelled her gentle scent, he groaned softly to himself and closed his eyes. "Do you know how much I missed you?"

"Reid," Diana whispered, feeling her heart beat rapidly against her chest but he just continued. "Do you know how many nights I dreamt about seeing you again? Touching you? Squeezing you?"

"You didn't think about me when you had all those girls in your bed," She said, crossing her arms and clenching her jaw. Her green eyes trained themselves on him through the mirror.

Reid chuckled, adjusting his cufflinks. "They were only there to distract me from you. A man has needs,"

She scoffed, rolling her eyes and digging through her purse for her mascara. "You're such a fucking cunt,"

"Diana, you have no idea what I went through in Italy. I tried everything to contact you but you were nowhere to be found. You completely ghosted me and then I come back, only to see that you've been in the fucking spotlight all along!" He said, running his hands through his hair. "You moved on,"

"Because you left. You left New York, you left the United States, and you left me. Don't give me that bullshit—our relationship wasn't the same when you left and you know it. We barely spoke three times a week, we were dying," She said, turning around and facing him.

"I told you, I would come back for you. All you had to do was wait for me, and you couldn't even fucking do that!" He said before she raised her hand and slapped him across the cheek, his head turning to the side.

He clenched his jaw—not because of the slap, but because of his erection that was evident through his slacks. He would be lying if he said he didn't feel himself press up against the fabric of his pants.

"I waited for you but had already made yourself comfortable with the Italian girls! How did you think that made me feel? Seeing you kissing all these other girls, seeing you take them to your Galas! That's why I never went because I knew I would be sick if I saw another girl touch you. You might have thought it was just a harmless fling but every girl I saw you with carved a hole in my heart. So I changed my number, and disappeared," She said, a tear threatening to fall out of her eye.

Diana cursed, tilting her head back and fanning her eyes. Reid felt broken seeing her like this, had he caused her this much pain? He thought she had moved on but it was the other way around. Their relationship was fucked because of his stupid mistakes.

"I realized that if you weren't ready to give me what I wanted, I would find someone that does," She finished, closing her eyes and leaning over the fancy sinks.

"You don't belong to him," He said, his voice barely audible. She looked at him through the mirror, with cloudy eyes and furrowed eyebrows.

"You're still mine. You're still fucking mine, blondie," He said. Diana stood frozen upon hearing his nickname for her, the name that she hadn't heard in years. She didn't know such a word could hold so much power but she was proven wrong today.

"You're starved. He's not giving you the attention you deserve, he's not fucking you like you need to be fucked. You could have had all of me and so much more," He said, before digging his fingernails into his palms. "But you decided to marry that fucking prick,"

"You don't know what you're fucking talking about," She said, walking towards the door but he grabbed her forearm, turned her around, and wrapped his hand around her throat.

Reid stared into her eyes, before looking at her lips—the lips he had kissed a thousand times. Diana looked up at him, a submissive glint in her eyes before she squeezed her thighs together. He pulled her closer, feeling a sharp intake under his fingers.

"I leave for Italy tomorrow. Come back with me," He whispered. When she opened her mouth, the bathroom door opened, and inside walked Kimberly. When she noticed them, she chuckled softly to herself.

"You guys are like dogs, just as you were 10 years ago in the Academy," She said, as Reid peeled his hand away from Diana's throat and took a step back.

"I think you should get out of here, Reid. Diana's married, and something tells me she isn't going to suddenly leave her husband for you," Kimberly said, turning one of the sinks on and washing her hands.

He clenched his jaw and scoffed to himself before walking out. Diana frowned, her eyes lingering on the door behind her. "Unless I was wrong?" Kimberly asked, raising her right eyebrow.

"No, you were right," She said, taking a deep breath, and walking back to the sinks.

"I would never leave my husband for a boy I dated in high school,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.2K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
45.1K 2.2K 33
❝You promised me❞ β™œ Spencer Kingsley holds more power in his hands than he thinks β™œ After years of waiting for Madeline Lockhart, Spencer is finally...
636K 10.5K 56
(I plan to start editing Vol. 1 very soon. If you see any obvious errors feel free to comment them. <3) **This is book one of Raw Love** She is warm...
5K 522 36
The one who has eyes on her. The one who is hiding from him. The one who needs her. The one who lusts her. The one who cares for him. The one who pro...