Queen of the Wolves ✔️

By spicycaramel_

Werewolves? She lived a world where being mundane was rare. In a world where werewolves existed. In a world... More

The Queen of the Wolves
Character Aesthetics
Prologue
Chapter 1 | The Lost Maiden Warrior (e)
Chapter 2 | This Can't Be Him
Chapter 3 | When I Left Him
Chapter 4 | A Wave of Strong Déjàvu
Chapter 5 | In Other Words
Chapter 6 | And So It Begins
Chapter 7 | Tears? But Why?
Chapter 9 | I Know Who You Are
Chapter 10 | Oh My Goddess...
Chapter 11 | They Were Talking About You
Chapter 12 | I Never Meant To
Chapter 13 | Whatever it Takes
Chapter 14 | Mine
Chapter 15 | Heat Had Begun
Chapter 16 | Passionate?
Chapter 17 | As The Horizon Consumes The Sun
Chapter 18 | It's Too Late
Chapter 19 | Just Wait and Watch
Chapter 20 | My Everything
Chapter 21 | The Coronation?
Chapter 22 | Why?
Chapter 23 | Roses Stained In Blood
Coranation Details
Chapter 24 | Completely Heartless
Chapter 25 | The Rainstorm Ceases
Chapter 26 | With You
Epilogue
New Book! [please read]

Chapter 8 | Await Me

4.6K 149 3
By spicycaramel_

"Hearts are made to be broken."
- Oscar Wilde, De Profundis

**********

**

          I follow the scent but am disappointed to sense it fading away. Did she not sense me or my scent? I'm puzzled yet I follow. I come to a halt at a place amidst the greeneries as I sense the strongly there. It's dark apart from the moonlight pouring on my face. Because of the moonlight focusing on my face, I cannot see beyond me. My wolf's senses seemed to have betrayed me.

    I focus my all my concentration ahead of me as I feel a new yet familiar warmth. I inch closer to it as my heart palpitates and my blood pumps vigorously waiting for a response from the other. Then all of a sudden there is this electric pull pulling me towards her. And I hear the most melodious voice ever but in an undertone.

    "I, Blythe Archer, reject you, Maverick Devraux, as my mate, alpha, and king,"

    I hear a quick scurry of footsteps as the statement registers my mind and my wolf howls in pain. I pull myself together and follow the trail of scent and am lost in the middle of nothing. The scent seems to have vanished into thin air. I feel immense pain as if someone clawed and ripped out my thudding heart out of its cage.

**

    I slow down the car and step on the brakes to park at my office at the pack house. Getting out of the car I revive myself out of the doors that remain to be closed down my memory lane.

    I walk into my office nodding at the pack members passing. 'Chris, I'm at my office.' I mind link him. As soon as I sit myself down he strolls in donning a plaid shirt with khaki pants.

    "Rick," he begins and I motion him to go ahead. "We have found not two but three dead bodies of rogues in their human form. All have been ripped and killed in a gruesome manner. I've got the forensic department do their tests. Apart from the blood groups of the rogues, another person's blood too was found. Oh and fingerprints too. I've ran the different fingerprints with those of the rogues. Three matched leaving one unidentified. That one was tested in parallel to the pack members but it was a dead end as none of them matched," he pauses letting me digest the information and then continues.

    "The unidentified fingerprints and blood should belong to the murderer. The forensic had the blood analyzed to find something odd. The blood belongs to none of the ordinary types. It is something different by itself. I had it passed over to Adele's lab. She was occupied at that moment but she promised she'd look into it. Do you want to me to send the fingerprints to the neighboring pack for further analysis?" He finishes.

     "Who were the guards during that hour?" I ask, pondering upon the details.

    "Blake and Vincent were assigned but only Vincent was present as Blake's wife went into labour the hour before. Vincent said that he was at the East and South borders but this incident happened at the North border. There's proof for them being at those locations. Besides, both of them have clean records."

    "Oh.... Lay this low at the moment. We'll decide after Adele's report. By the way, what about Mia? How's she doing?" I inquire him. "Her wolf is inactive. She's not recovering, no progress at all. I clearly don't know what took over Blythe to get so violent. Poor Mia, she stopped fighting at a point but Blythe just kept on beating. Mia's still under observation though." He sighs heavily.

    'Alpha, Blythe woke up and Adele's doing some last minute checkups. She'll drop her at your house. I'm heading to your office right now.' Jake speaks through the mind link. "Okay," I answer. I dismiss Chris to go through on the new patrol lines. Jake walks in as I get up to leave to the hospital to check on Mia myself.

    "Adele will take her home."

    I nod saying, "Jake, get everything ready for the acceptation ceremony tomorrow. Unlike the other ceremonies, I want all the pack members to be present. They need to see her being accepted."

    "Dude, I don't think that's a good idea." I raise my eyebrows questioningly. "Some of the pack members are afraid of Blythe. Because of her ferocious behavior. Some are angry at her. Because of Mia. I think you should give them some time. After all she's their Luna. She wasn't on her best behavior earlier today. So..." He trails off.

    "No," I say shaking my head. "There are these rogue killers lurking around the area and I don't want her to be around as a rogue. The fear of the people will fade as they get to know her. Go ahead with the preparations." I conclude leaving no space for objections.

    "Yes, Alpha."

    Both of us head to our respective locations. I park my car at the hospital to see Adele driving Blythe out of the premises. I couldn't catch a glimpse of her. I shake my head at my cheesy expectations.

    I walk into the hospital straight to Mia's special ward. Mia lies in the too big bed unconsciously with loads of tubes and machines attached. She was always a lively, playful and friendly girl. Only eighteen.

    Her mother stands from the couch she sat sniffling. "Alpha," she bows. "Mrs. Allard," I nod at her. A nurse comes in and bows seeing me. "Any progress?" I ask the nurse. If she thinks that I did not notice a quick glance at Mrs. Allard, she's very much mistaken. I leave the room motioning for the nurse to follow me.

    "I'm sorry Alpha, she was crying the whole time. I didn't want to upset her again..." The nurse drags. I nod at her. "Mia is in a very bad state. No progress. Unless you mean her faint heartbeat faltering more. Dr. Beaumont said that it was only by external magic that she could be back to herself or else we'll have to face the consequences."

    Shoot! Adele Beaumont hadn't told me that. I thank her politely, comfort Mrs. Allard and turn to leave.

    Jake comes running in almost bumping into me. He looks panicked. "Why is your mind link not working? Have you left your guard up?" He almost screams. I drag him out of the hospital before attracting any more attention. I must have left my mind guard up after all.

    "I'm sorry, I left it up. Any issues?"

    "Rick, a threatening note was found out in the woods addressed to you."

    To me? Strange. A threat. "Rogues?"

    "Not sure. But no scents nor evidences."

    "Let's get there now." I say walking to my car.

    He gets into the passenger the passenger seat and I drive. After we get to the woods, we walk through the trail and reach the spot.

    And there it was written in blood still wet and dripping,

"ALPHA,
I COME IN SEARCH OF YOU AND YOUR MOST VALUABLE DESIRE.
AWAIT ME"

**********

Hi guys,
Hope you liked it.

Note: She does not shift into her wolf. Just gives up control.

Please support me as an author~~~

Vote and Comment if you liked it.
Love y'all....... Mwah.....
-Vishael

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 194 10
For almost ten years, my wolf drags me to the same spot where we have met her. But she hadn't shown up there once. We both have lost our hopes that s...
23.9K 1K 31
Althea, a unique werewolf with an extraordinary lifespan she has lived over 500 years, possessed with eternal youthfulness and remains frozen in tim...
558K 17.2K 31
In a world of the supernatural, there lived many species who once existed together in harmony. As time progressed, so did the tension between the spe...
151K 6.8K 44
nova lives in a sea of grey. her world is a dull canvas, bleak and lifeless. having grown up with an unorthodox background, in a poor urban town wit...