Beauty's Beast

By angel48183

Isabelle Brooks loves to read and works at the local library. Hearing stories of a special library in a seclu... More

Beauty's Beast
Music box
Offer
Settling in
Snow
Interference
Nightmare
Be Our Guest
Decorating
Tree
Help
For Belle
Roses
The plot thickens
Cookies
Confusion
Motion
Truth
True love
What do you think that you're doing?
The fairytale books
A conversation
An adjustment
Mystery
Preparing for Christmas
Girls to the rescue
Shopping
A Christmas wish
Greta and the big bad wolf

A pretty intruder

2K 128 88
By angel48183

Damien

I awoke and changed, getting ready to start the day.

"Good morning, Beast," Teacup greeted me, yawning.

"Good morning, Teacup," I replied as I picked Teacup up and carried him downstairs. I set him on the counter.

Teapot made her way over to Teacup as I prepared breakfast.

"Where were you?" Teapot asked.

"I'm sorry, momma. I kept Beast company," Teacup said as I glanced at both.

"I told you not to bother Mr. Beast," Teapot scolded.

"It's quite all right. The company was nice," I informed Teapot.

"Oh, then, never mind," Teapot said, sheepishly. I chuckled as I finished breakfast.

I sat down as I heard the other items enter the kitchen greeting me. I greeted them back as I ate. I finished breakfast and cleaned up. As I came out of the kitchen, I heard a commotion coming from the library.

I walked towards it and pushed the door open to reveal an intruder. I stood there as Belle turned her head, placing a book in a different spot.

"Good morning," Belle greeted me.

"Morning. What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I noticed your books needed organizing," Belle answered.

I felt something push the back of my leg. I looked down to see Candlestick gesturing me towards Belle.

"Go, Beast," Candlestick whispered.

I gave Candlestick a look as Belle turned to look at me. Candlestick hid behind my leg.

"Did you say something?" Belle asked me as I looked at her.

"No," I answered.

Belle turned back to the books as I stepped towards her, keeping my distance while Candlestick hid. If I attempted to get close to Belle, she moved away from me.

"Did you come to ask for the books again?" I asked.

Belle looked at me as I looked at her.

"Not today. I came to visit the books and you since it's my day off," Belle said as I looked at her with surprise. "Plus, your books are a mess."

I looked at Belle, then a book moved on its own and moved back to its original place. We watched as others did the same.

"You can't rearrange the books," someone said.

We turned to see Clock on a table. Belle's eyes widened.

"Did your clock speak?" Belle asked me.

Before I answered, Clock said, "Yes, I spoke."

Belle's eyes widened as I stood there, sighing.

"I speak eloquently," Clock said as Belle stood there shocked.

We watched as Candlestick made his way to the tabletop and moved next to Clock.

"You weren't to say anything. You act stealthy," Candlestick informed Clock.

I watched as Belle crept towards Clock and Candlestick, looking at them curiously.

"You speak," Belle said.

"Yes, we do," Candlestick said as both nodded.

"Well, I'll be," Belle said to both.

"You'll be what?" Clock asked.

"I read about these things, but never witnessed such things," Belle said.

"You don't seem afraid," I mentioned.

Belle stood and looked at me. "Not really," she replied.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Because fear is assuming the unknown. Reading helps you educated yourself. When you don't read, you don't expand your knowledge. In the fairytales, people assume something bad will happen, but if they read further, they will understand the main character survives. It's all about perception," Belle explained.

"And how do you perceive me?" I question with curiosity.

"I don't," Belle answered.

I looked at Belle with confusion. She turned and walked toward me.

"Because I don't know you," Belle said.

"But I'm a beast. I frighten people with my appearance," I told Belle.

"That's appearance. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Beauty comes from within a person with how they treat others," Belle replied.

"I treated others terribly, hence why I'm a beast," I informed Belle as I turned and walked over to the books.

It's a matter of time before Belle sees my true nature and runs. No one will love a beast.

"Please, go," I said, not looking at Belle.

"But," Belle said.

"Please, leave," I said as I stood there.

*******
Belle

I looked at Beast with his back turned to me and sighed. I walked over and picked up my cape as I pulled it on, leaving the library. I placed my hood on as I made my way home with the snow crunching under my feet.

Halfway home, I encountered an older woman.

"Can you help me?" The woman asked.

I smiled. "Yes," I answered.

"I have a gift to deliver to the old mansion, but can't find it," the woman said.

"I can show you the way," I offered.

"That would be wonderful," the woman told me.

I helped the older woman to the mansion until we reached the front door. She looked at me and smiled.

"You're too kind," the woman said.

"Kindness doesn't cost anything," I replied.

"Thank you, dear," the woman said as I nodded. I turned and walked away.

The woman pulled out a jar with a single red rose in it and placed it in front of the door along with a note. She looked at the house and smiled before disappearing.

*******
Damien

Perhaps I was too harsh with Belle. I went to find her and opened the front door to find a glass container with a note attached. I lifted the vessel, bringing it inside the house. After setting the box down, I read the letter.

The rose signifies beauty. With all beauty, it fades and dies. It's a good lesson to remind you why you're a hideous beast. You care more about yourself than others, which makes you ugly in your own right. With any curse, come strings, and I included a line with this one. If you can find true love before the last petal falls, your affliction will break. If not, it will destine you to remain a beast for eternity.

I felt my anger boil as I knew who delivered the rose.

"What's that, beast?" Teapot asked.

"It's nothing, but a reminder I will remain a beast," I answered, carrying the rose upstairs. I placed the rose in a bedroom and closed the door.

"Oh, dear," Teapot said.

"What?" Featherduster asked, walking towards Teapot on her feathers.

"If Beast's curse doesn't break, we will remain inanimate objects," Teapot explained.

"Do you think the girl will help?" Featherduster asked.

"I believe it so," Teapot answered.

"Momma, I don't want Beast sad," Teacup said.

"I know, sweetheart," Teapot replied.

"Then we help," Candlestick said as he made his way over to us along with Clock.

The objects heard music playing and looked at Piano. Teapot started singing.

I heard the music and came downstairs halfway and listened as Teapot sang. I smiled as I went back upstairs.

*********
Belle

I returned home and hung my cape up. I found my dad working on a music box. I smiled. I walked over to him.

"How is it going with the music box?" I asked.

"It's going okay. How was your visit?" Dad asked.

"Well, interesting," I said, not elaborating on what I saw.

"And the owner of the house?" Dad asked me.

"The owner is different. The librarian wants me to purchase fairytale books from the owner, but he refuses to sell the books," I said as my dad looked at me.

"Belle, you aren't visiting to obtain the books, are you?" Dad questioned me.

I looked at my dad, sheepishly.

"Belle, I taught you better than that. People have feelings and don't enjoy someone using them. If you want to spend time with the person, then spend time with them," Dad reasoned.

I looked at my dad.

"But the owner acts difficult," I mentioned.

"Perhaps someone hurt the owner before you. Maybe the person doesn't trust anyone because someone caused their distrust. When a person acts a particular way, there's a reason behind it. What makes a difference is that the person doesn't retaliate and hurt someone in return. You can care about someone who has demons of their own and trust that the person doesn't hurt you. That's love," Dad explained.

I looked at my dad, knowing he was right.

"Spend time with the owner and get to know the person. It may surprise you that they're not as much of a beast that you think they are," Dad said, working on the music box.

Oh, Dad, you don't understand how much of a beast this person is.

I fixed lunch and had lunch with Dad; then, I went to visit Sherry. I explained to her about the past two days. She looked at me, perplexed.

"You're telling me that the owner is an actual beast," Sherry mentioned.

"Yep," I said nodding.

"And the owner doesn't frighten you?" Sherry asked.

"Nope," I answered.

"Well, that's weird," Sherry said as I looked at her.

"Sherry, come get Cosmo. He's into the garbage again," Sherry's brother said.

"Okay, grumpy Gus," Sherry groaned, rolling her eyes.

We went to get Cosmo out of the trash.

"Cosmo, stop getting into the trash," Sherry said.

The raccoon moved; it's pawing out.

"You have food," Sherry told Cosmo, who made noises at Sherry. Then we heard a growl and looked to see a bear standing there.

"Oh, hush, Baxter. You will get fed," Sherry ordered. I giggled as Sherry argued with her animals.

We went back into the house.

"It's disturbing that you named your wildlife," I said.

"Well, people say when you name an animal, the animal is yours," Sherry reasoned.

We heard yelling and turned to see Sherry seven brothers at the table, arguing over cards.

"Quit cheating, Harry," Dan ordered.

"I don't cheat," Harry said, grinning.

"Like hell, you don't, you cheater," Steve said, sneezing.

"Will you take something for your damn allergies?" Dan snapped.

"Okay, Doctor Dan," Steve said, rolling his eyes and blowing his nose.

"Case in point," Sherry said as I looked at her, giggling.

"Will someone wake up, Stan?" Dan asked.

Gus smacked Stan, waking Stan. Stan looks like he pulled an all-nighter. Brad saw me and hid his face. Yeah, Brad was a little bashful. Davis tried to figure out his cards as Harry turned Davis's cards around as Davis smiled. Sherry's brothers were something else.

We went back upstairs to Sherry's bedroom.

"I say forget about the books and learn more about the beast. Girls like guys with beards," Sherry mentioned.

"The guy has more than a beard. His entire body is cover in hair," I said.

"Okay, so the guy is a little hairy," Sherry said.

I chuckled.

"Belle, you never know what can happen if you don't find out. Don't let fear stop you from discovering possibilities unlike Cindy, who is afraid of her family," Sherry mentioned.

"Only because Cindy's stepmom and stepsisters are terrible," I mentioned.

"True," Sherry said.

I thought about it. What would it hurt getting to know Beast? Who knows, maybe there's more to Beast than meets the eye?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.8K 2.3K 29
Belle Seleva and her father just moved to New York City so her father could start working at a international technology company, Beast Inc. Belle, mo...
222K 9.7K 30
Andrew and Bella never intended to fall in love. All Andrew was supposed to do was help her get his brother's attention and in the process fell in lo...
56.1K 4.4K 32
We all heard the story of Goldilocks and the three bears. This story isn't that. Goldilocks Wolf deals with three obnoxious bear brothers with their...
663 16 9
Beauty and the Beast, in high school. Belle is a senior who is applying to colleges and slowly getting ready for prom, and here comes Adam, pretty mu...