Tom Riddle X Reader | ✓

By bravemoongirl

Join hogwarts for a mission to change the fate of Lord Voldemort, when he was still the mysterious, two-faced... More

Part 1 When Albus Calls | Edited
Part 2 A Fresh Start | Edited
Part 3 New Friends | Edited
Part 4 Target | Edited
Part 5 Surroundings | Edited
Part 6 Lunch | Edited
Part 7 Diagon Alley | Edited
Part 8 Tom | Edited
Part 9 Library | Edited
Part 10 Sirius Black | Edited
Part 11 Potions | Edited
Part 12 Defiant | Edited
Part 13 A Challenge | Edited
Part 14 Obey | Edited
Part 15 Belligerence | Edited
Part 16 Amends | Edited
Part 17 Rest | Edited
Part 18 Oppression | ReWritten
Part 19 Hogsmeade | Edited
Part 20 Duel Training | Edited
Part 21 The Feud Of The Students | Edited
Part 22 The Feud Continues... | Edited
Part 23 Warmth | Edited
Part 24 The Griffin Incident | Edited
Part 25 Halloween | Edited
Part 26 Sleepy Mentoring | Edited
Part 27 The Slug Club | Edited
Part 28 Winter Delight | Edited
Part 29 Dark Plans | Edited
Part 30 A Request To The Dance | Edited
Part 31 The Ball Before Christmas | Edited
Part 32 Pathetic Fallacy | Edited
Part 33 Lifeless
Part 34 An Invitation
Part 35 Xmas Dinner part 1
Part 36 Xmas Dinner part 2
Part 37 Deal
Part 38 The Diary
Part 39 A Monster.
Part 40 Avoid
Part 41 Conflict
Part 42 Abandoned
Part 43 Valentine's Day
Part 44 Myrtle
Part 45 Lies And A Hero
Part 46 A change
Part 47 Bloodlust
Part 48 Secrets
Part 49 Demise
Part 50 Family Reunion
Part 51 Broken
Part 52 Devious
Part 53 Evil Within
Part 54 Graduation & Riddles' Becoming
Part 55 THE REAL BEGINNING
Part 56 A Sinful Desire
Part 57 An Ambush
Part 58 One Night
Part 59 Means of A Ring
Part 60 Poison
Part 61 Charm
Part 62 Punishment
Part 63 Fright Night
Part 64 Danger
Part 65 Azkaban
Part 66 After
Part 67 Under the Moon
Part 68 Order Of The Phoenix
Part 69 War
Part 70 Finish This, Sirius
Part 72 Lily
Part 73 Before
Part 74 Alive
Part 75 In His Arms
Part 76 A Strong Friendship
Part 77 Or Is It.
Part 78 Take My Hand
Part 79 I Do.
Part 80 Despair
Part 81 A Prophet
Part 82 Trapped
Part 83 Legilimens
Part 84 Here Comes The Lord
Part 85 The Battle Of Dark Wizards
Part 86 A Calm Before The Storm
Part 87 CHOOSE
Part 88 Troubled
Part 89 The Fall
Part 90 Again
Part 91 Unforgivable
Part 92 Has It Really Been That Long
Part 93 Mine
Part 94 Only Mine
Part 95: The Final Battle Begins
Part 96: Beginning Of The End
Part 97: It All Ends Here. The Reader's final choice.
Part 98: ENDING A
Part 99: ENDING B

Part 71 When Albus Recalls

44.1K 2K 1.6K
By bravemoongirl

Standing on the edge of a large, open window, Tom has been gazing down at the distant, abandoned houses. For the first time he couldn't drop the feeling of guilt about murdering someone. The scenario of last night had been playing on repeat inside his chaotic mind like a broken tape. The deep anguish and inner sorrowful contrast was written all over his downcast face. 

Until he heard someone call for him and all his thoughts dissolved "My lord?" - it was one of the death eaters who in fear, could barely utter any words 

"I shall be there in a minute." - Riddle replied 

Not wanting to question and as if being a servant, the man said nothing else, just nodded and left.

Back in Hogwarts, there was a meeting of the order happening inside Dumbledore's office. 

You would still visit Hogwarts from time to time, but you could never shake off the uncanny feeling it always gave you whenever you would step inside its halls. 

"You were close with Riddle, <y/n>." - Dumbledore said 

"U-until the war, of course, professor"

"There is no need to lie" - Sirius interrupted

"If I may. I'd like to speak with <y/n> in private." - Albus looked at the rest of the order members

They were hesitant, but out of respect for Dumbledore, they all stood up and left the room.

When it was just you and professor, alone in his chamber, it gave you deja vu to the very first day you spoke to him among the storm and when he had notified you of his concerns, giving you a very important task to accomplish.

"<y/n>, I am no fool." - he leaned forwards whilst sitting behind his desk "When you were a student you appeared very attached to the charming, young man. Nobody could predict what he would grow into in the future"

Oh how you wished you could tell him you knew exactly what would happen in the future. And the task you were given to keep an eye on him and maybe even change his heart. Which you did succeed, but it's been a lot harder than you initially thought.

"I am not sure what you're asking of me, sir" - you played dumb

"Just like with Severus, I would not be surprised of your choice. However, maybe there is a counter offer"

"Albus." - you looked straight into his eyes "I have never wished to harm anyone or any---" - then you remembered what you saw in the mirror of erised. The inner deepest desire. And the thoughts that crossed your mind multiple times of torturing the people who had put you in Azkaban. There IS a dark side to you. And maybe that dark, small part of you wanted to cling onto such a powerful, attractive man.

Dumbledore noticed the hesitance in your words "He still charms you, doesn't he." - Albus got off his seat, still looking at your stiff expression that you had since you realized the mischief you had in you "A talented, powerful and good looking man. But if you take away his power, his intelligence and his looks, what would he still be to you?"

You couldn't even find the right words to reply, Albus could see right through you. Suddenly, the secret you kept inside yourself irritably itched like crazy. The words inside your head traveled inside your mouth and piled up like word vomit you could not let go of. But what would happen if you were to tell him you were from the future?

Besides, Mortier had realized that and it was only the matter of time something would go terribly wrong since he was in search of the time turner that once laid around your neck. Telling Dumbledore might of helped you.

"A-albus..." - you had a massive inner conflict whether to tell him these words or not "I-I do have something..."

Dumbledore lifted his head in curiosity as he sat back down on his chair and leaned back "Go on"

"I fear if I was to tell you.. it will have a negative impact on the future... you must not tell anyone."

Dumbledore nodded.

Nervous, you licked your dry lips as you felt your heart slowly begin to race but you trusted this man "I own a time turner.. it has helped me... to go back..." - you looked into his eyes and noticed the incredibly suspicious and curious look he reflected "Here... Before Tom started transforming."

Albus looked a little surprised "A time turner lets the traveler stay in the past for only five minutes, sometimes even five hours without causing heavy harm to the traveler or the future. I would only ask how would anyone be able to stay in the past for this long?"

"Well you see... there are improved time turners in the future. If I can recall, I am quite positive only one prototype existed at our time but it enabled the traveler to travel back and stay in the past for however long they wanted. The only catch is that their previous past body and soul would still exist and do whatever they were doing."

"Just like any time turner then... the last bit, of course." - he was slowly stroking his long beard, puzzling and still processing the words you had told him, inside his head

"Indeed. But Albus, you must keep this a secret. Mortier is already in search for me for this exact possession. Nobody else even suspects I own it."

"This means you know every event that will occur?"

"Yes." - you nodded "All though quite a lot has changed already. But that's because Tom is vulnerable now."

Albus who had already figured out Riddle's past immediately felt intrigued "What do you mean 'vulnerable'?"

"He has been conceived under a love potion. I had given him an anti mixture that removed any consequences of it."

After a short pause, Albus still looked stiff due to the fresh information you had given him "Perhaps.. It is a good thing nobody else knows." - he rubbed the skin on his cheek "Imagine what Riddle could do with such knowledge with his ever growing power of legilimency. I fear he would torture the prophecy out of you, <y/n>. You are now a prophet."

"Sir. I am here only because of you. You sent me here, you were the one to give me the turner and you were the one to give me the potion."

"And I see you did not let me down. I can see why I chose you, <y/n>. You already succeeded more than any other woman could."

"I thought I failed you..." - another strike of deja vu. You had a similar conversation like this in the afterlife. And the stone of ressurection? how on earth would you have that all this time and not know it.

"When the dark lord called off the attack. I presume it was to let the order carry out your body in peace." - Dumbledore replied "You obviously had not failed."

"But the deaths? I was supposed to save people."

"And I am sure you will. Sometimes people slip. But I can feel it, you will do greater good in the time ahead" - he snickered "But of course who else would know this better than the girl from the future?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.6K 1.3K 20
Your family bloodline is very famous. Your mother and father are Order of Merlin first-class. You have been sorted into Slytherin and excel in studi...
61.5K 1.5K 24
"You promised me that you wouldn't leave." "Tom...I never left." ~.+*+.~ Fate is Cruel. Truly. What if the dark Tom Riddle was never evil from the st...
1.1K 59 24
Delve into the enigmatic tale of Tom Marvolo Riddle, a figure of beguiling allure and chilling malevolence. Possessing an undeniable charm and a dang...
2.1K 567 19
"𝐻𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝐼 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑒, 𝑌/𝑛?" 𝑇𝑜𝑚 𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑘𝑒 𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑙𝑦 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑛𝑒𝑐𝑘 𝑎𝑠 ℎ𝑖�...