๐‘ท๐’๐’‘๐’–๐’๐’‚๐’“ ๐‘ณ๐’๐’๐’†๐’“

By spookyy43

Another Yb book in which the supernatural world collides with the real world. Will it affect Kentrell? Will i... More

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter eleven

chapter ten

8.4K 420 161
By spookyy43

𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭

Naomi tapped her pencil against her notebook out of complete boredom. She had been sitting in her last period of the day doing nothing since she was caught up on current assignments.

It was going on noon and she was itching to leave.

Her phone buzzing snapped her out of her daze, making her stop tapping her pencil. Looking at her lockscreen she saw messages flooding in from the groupchat Kd had made a week ago.

Since the boys already had one, but never texted in it anymore, he decided to just make one with Naomi.

Before she could even check the messages the bell rung. Locking her phone, Naomi grabbed her bookbag stuffing her notebook and pencil inside.

After exiting the class she looked around the crowded halls for at least one of her friends.

Spotting Kd all the way down the hall she started to make her way towards him before she was stopped. Looking back at the hand on her shoulder she saw Joesph.

" Yes? " Naomi mumbled lowly looking him dead in the eyes. She looked away quickly since he was giving her an uneasy feeling.

" Don't think just cause my bruddas' fucking witchu' now they gon be fucking witchu' foreva. "

" Bro okay. I don't have time fa' this. " Naomi grew slightly irritated with just his presence.

Trying to walk away, Naomi shook her shoulder for his hand to fall. Joesph gripped it tightly before whispered in her ear.

" I know boutcho' lit'secret so Ima give till Saturday ta' let at least Trell go. The rest gon' follow behind. "

He laughed a little seeing the ghost like look on her face. He pushed her shoulder winking at her before walking in the opposite direction.

" Don't forget na'. "

Not knowing what secret he was talking about terrified Naomi the most. Somethings she got caught up in after Kassidy's death were the first to come to mind.

Only her and the people involved knew what happened and she wanted it to stay that way.

" You good? Staring like you saw a ghost. " Kd approached Naomi along with Ben bringing her back to reality once again.

" She see em' all tha time. You could've said like she saw a roach or some. " Ben added making Kd nodded fast in agreement.

" U-um... Y'all staying or leaving with me? "

" Thought you was staying till we got out? " Kd asked, actually wondering what was really wrong this time.

" I'm hungry so I was finna go get some food. " Naomi lied quickly, making them somewhat believe her.

" Shid I ain't gotta go ta' math. We getting Top and Three? " Ben shrugged his shoulders looking between the two.

" Top? " Naomi questioned with her eyebrows furrowed.

" Kentrell baby. You gotta keep up. " Kd shook his head as he headed in the direction of the class they were in.

___

" Youn' do shit but pout. " Kentrell teased Naomi as they sat in her backyard.

" Like you don't either. " Naomi mumbled rolling her eyes.

After they went to retrieve their other two members, they all went Whataburger and got something to eat. Once they got back to Naomi's house everyone went their separate ways comfortably.

Naomi went to the backyard just to enjoy the scenery.

It was mostly to get her mind off what happened earlier. She didn't know what Joe knew nor what he was capable of.

That's what scared her the most.

Being that it was only Monday, she didn't know if she should just wait until Saturday rolled around to see what happened or if she should let go of someone she was starting to consider her bestfriend.

" Can I ask you something? " Naomi directed her attention to Kentrell as she stuffed a few fries in her mouth.

" Go fa it. " He shrugged giving her his attention as well.

" How did you and Joesph become friends? "

Kentrell looked at her oddly as he took a sip of his Dr.Pepper. Sitting it back on the table he cleared his throat before he began speaking.

" I was bout six living with my MoMo and it was hot as fuck one day. The ice cream truck was down the street and my MoMo gave me two dollars and fifty cent ta' go. When I got there what I wanted was three dollars so his mama was behind me and gave me the extra fifty. After I thanked ha, he came from behind ha' talm bout he wanted me ta' play with him and my partna' Dave. My MoMo so friendly she said yeah and hea' we are now. " Kentrell shrugged his shoulders with a slight smile making Naomi smile as well.

To anyone else, it was a simple story of a friendship. It was small things Kentrell cherished the most, but his nonchalant act would make you think he didn't care much at all.

It was actually bothersome that Joe was acting the way he was.

" Dave? I never heard y'all mention him. "

" Cause he died 'round da same time Kassidy did. "

Naomi's mouth fell agape as she looked at Kentrell who held a neutral expression. He was so numb to certain things, he knew how to hide it bothering him speaking on the situation.

" I'm so sorry. " Naomi reached her hand over and
placed it on top of his.

" It's straight shawty. It's life I guess. "

Silence fell over the two as Naomi's mind started to
wonder.

She thought she was kind of dramatic now that she knew all the boys had lost someone close to them just like her, but never acted like it. She couldn't help, but fell like a bigger burden on them.

" They couldn't even grieve their own friend's death fully because they're too caught up trying to help
me. " Naomi thought as she shook her head slightly.

" And you're completely right. " A voice replied to her making shut her eyes tightly before opening them again.

" What made you ask me dat' anyway? " Kentrell turned his head back in her direction.

Naomi started to have a mental debate with herself on whether she should tell him or not.

She only asked because it seemed that Joe was only upset that about Kentrell being her friend. It never got that serious when it was only Kd and Ben. And he never seemed to bring up Three being around her either.

" Just trying to understand y'all friendship honestly. Him being upset with me just doesn't make sense. "

It hurted her to lie, but seeing what he did when she was reading the comments on Joe's post was enough for her not to get him into any problems.

Always hearing stories how he would flash out, Naomi knew Kentrell would not take it easy on Joe.

So she thought of the only thing that she could do best.

Deattaching herself from him. From them all.

" Tell me bout it. " Kentrell chuckled bringing her hand up to his lips, placing small kisses on it. " You really be bringing a nigga a sense of peace. "

Naomi flushed with butterflies and guilt listening to him. She didn't want to pull herself away from any of them, but she didn't want anyone getting hurt become of her either.

That happened one too many times and she always blamed herself.

Each wasn't her fault just how this time it wasn't.

" You cool I guess. " Naomi shrugged looking off. Kentrell's face formed a hard mug making her laugh once she caught a glimpse.

" I'm playinnnn'! " She laughed as he rolled his eyes.
" You know you've been a big help lately. "

" Say you'a make a nigga whoop yo ass. "

ian know how to end ts😭

anywho um face reveal! ima probably take ts out tmr night so yeahhhh 🙂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 3.7K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
14.2K 609 26
"๐™ณ๐š˜๐š—'๐š ๐š•๐šŽ๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š– ๐š›๐šž๐š’๐š— ๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐š‹๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šž๐š๐š’๐š๐šž๐š• ๐š›๐š‘๐šข๐š๐š‘๐š–" published: June 25, 2023 completed: January 1, 2024 1,000 reads- 08/06/23
21.5K 668 12
"๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ญ ๐๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ, ๐ฐ๐ž ๐š๐ข๐ง'๐ญ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐."
24.7K 791 13
"๐ˆ๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐‹๐ข๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐๐ž๐ฑ๐ญ ๐ƒ๐จ๐จ๐ซ ๐“๐จ ๐‡๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ"