chapter seven

𝐨𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭

" Whatchu' gon do silent? "

Another point gaurd who was guarding Naomi stood in her face. She was used to her opponents being mouthy with her. They knew she was a damn good player so they had to try to knock her off her game in way possible.

It were twenty seconds left on the clock as Naomi stood there dribbling the ball. The score was tied up in the last quarter, 64-64.

" You betta' rockout! " Ben could be heard all the way from the stands cheering Naomi and the team on.

The whole game, their section was the loudest. From cheering to shit-talking.

Naomi passed the ball to her teammate and made her way to set a quick screen. Stepping between the two girls, the opponents got caught in trying to double team the one with the ball, they didn't notice Naomi who slipped away towards the three point line.

Her teammate spotted her open and threw her the ball. Before anyone could get to her, Naomi shot the ball as the seconds on the clock whined down.

The ball swirled around the rim before succesfully beating the clock and falling in. Everyone cheered and gathered around Naomi. 

" Championship here we come! " Her coached yelled.

She felt quite dizzy once they put her down, making her stumble a bit. No one took much notice, but she was glad. No questions to answer.

After gathering in the locker room so change and go over when their next practice would be, all the girls went their separate ways for the night.

A smile grew on Naomi's face seeing the boys leaning against her car and Kentrell's, waiting for her.

" See, I got you some pre-game cause I knew you was bringing tha' win home. " Kd happily passed Naomi a tube of mace with a key ring attached to it.

" Wha- Why? " Naomi laughed analyzing the mace.

" Betta' be safe than sorry. " He shrugged.

Ben pushed Kd aside as he was next to present her with gift. Struggling a bit, he rolled down the large poster of X and Ski Mask Tha Slump God, two of Naomi's favorite artists.

" You think you know me huh? " Naomi smiled brightly at the poster. Her smile faded a bit as her head began to hurt again.

She shook the feeling off not wanting worry anyone, but she knew she would have to deal with it sooner or later.

" Dis' a picture of us Kd took when we was cooking. " Kentrell spoke hopelessly as he handed her the framed photo.

Even with her progressing headache, Naomi still had the feeling of butterflies rush over her. Out of everyone, their bond had grown the most. If he was anything to her, he was definitely her bestfriend.

Kd let it be known numerous times that he couldn't take his spot though. Point, blank, period.

" Thanks you guys. " Naomi spoke looking over all of them. " Can we leave though? I'm hungry and don't feel too good. "

" Want me ta' drive you? " Kentrell asked looking over at her.

" Nigga you gotta drive yo shit. " Kd mugged him.

" Y'all can drive ma' shit. " Kentrell shrugged turning his attention back to Naomi.

" You don't even look good mama. " He walked a few steps towards Naomi, grabbing her face analyzing it.