Switched

By Luna_Hime20

What if everything was switched around? what if Naruto was never the kyuubi holder, and The Uchiha massacred... More

🌸🌸
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
🌸Not a Chapter🌸
12
13
14
15
16
⚠️Not a Chapter⚠️
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
Not a Chapter
52
53
54
56
Authors note
57
58
59
60
61
•ɳσƭ α ૮ɦαρƭε૨•

55

764 34 3
By Luna_Hime20

Recovery

It's been a few months since I have been spending my time in the hospital, and barely a few days ago I was discharged. During my stay in the hospital, nobody ever visited me, not Naruto, not Sasuke, and definitely not everyone else. The only people that visited me was Lady Tsunade and Pervy Sage.

When they sealed half of my powers the purple diamond in my forehead disappeared and was replaced by a half moon.

The following day, Lady Tsunade took me to her house and helped me move in with her. She helped me through my breakdown when I had entered  Father's apartment. Everything was too much to bare, and tears wouldn't stop coming. My heart ached, and the void had begun to form. I had refused to leave but Lady Tsunade had said it was for my mental sake.

After spending a few days at the new house, I couldn't call it my own yet. Lady Tsunade helped me deal with my traumas and new memories that would resurface. I remember the murders I committed, and the nightmares began to appear throughout continuous nights.

Today is actually the first day, I have been permitted to leave the house and be free to do what I'd like.

The first thing I did was visit my father, I know he isn't there, I don't know where his body is, but his tombstone is a reminder a piece of him remains.

I cried for him hours and hours, until no more tears came out. I walked to Ichiraku's and asked for the usual. When the owner saw me, surprise covered all of his facial features.

"Sakura-chan it's a pleasure to see you again!" He said in his cheerful voice

"Likewise, Teuchi-sama." I replied, and tried my best to smile.

I ate in peace and when I was finished, I left the money and a tip for Teuchi-sama. I walked the streets of Konoha, gaining a few odd stares from villagers that couldn't stop looking at my pink hair.

I used to hate my pink hair because it looked weird or odd. But now I'm proud of it because it reminds me of my humanity, it reminds me I can feel again and not be a cold blooded killer.

Without noticing, I found myself in the playground I used to play when I was younger. Memories came back to me, showing me a happy girl that was happy to finally have friends. A girl that was careless, a girl that felt happy she had a home to go to after being adopted. A girl that wasn't alone.

"Sakura."

A voice behind me said, his voice was filled with raw emotions that nobody could ever show. I turned around slowly, and came face to face with my best friend.

"Naruto."  My voice cracked a bit, upon hearing it Naruto broke out in tears and went to hug me.

"Hey Naruto stop  that, you're a grown married man for goodness sake. What is Hinata going to think after knowing I made her husband cry, huh?" I tried to make the atmosphere a little bit more brighter than it was.

"It doesn't matter, you're okay. You're safe." He said and tightened his hold on me. I patted his back and cried too.

After our little reunion, I told Naruto what has been going on in my life since I was admitted to the hospital.

And in return he told me how nervous he was when Hinata was giving birth. I stopped for a moment, I was in shock for a good 30 seconds. Has it really been that long since I have been in the hospital? Last time I saw Hinata was when she was three months.

"Naruto, congratulations! How old is you're kid?" I said trying to hid my shock.

"Thank you Sakura-Chan. My little boy is barely 2 months old." He answered as he scratched the back of his head.

I can't believe it, I've been in the hospital for a whole year! "Yeah? What's his name?"

"Boruto, his name is Boruto." He answered with a smile, "and guess what Sakura-chan?" He said in excitement.

"What is it Naruto?" I responded, "and your boys' name is really cute, it's almost like your name, what a coincidence, huh." I said to him trying to tease him.

"Haha yeah, Hinata and I both picked it, his name fits him and I like it. And what I was about to say is that, I'm finally Hokage!" He said in glee, his eyes shined brightly.

A lump got stuck in my throat and tears threatened to fall again, "congratulations Naruto!!!" I said to him as I gave him a quick hug, I'm so proud of him. He finally has what he has dreamed of In his entire life. It's a dream come true for him.

"Thanks, I was announced Hokage a few days ago, I'm still getting used to all of it but my dad is teaching me his ways. But one day I shall become better than him as a great Hokage that I wished to become one day." He said and gave me a thumbs up.

"I wish you the best Naruto." I said to him sincerely.

"Hey, Sakura would you like to have dinner with Hinata and I tonight?" He asked me.

"Sure, I'll let Lady Tsunade know." I replied and sent a summoner to Lady Tsunade.

When we got to Naruto's house, it was evident that there was more people besides Hinata inside. I was a bit hesitant but Naruto ushered me inside.

When we entered everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me.
"Sakura-Chan!" Hinata was the first one to speak up, she walked over and embraced me.

That's when I noticed that Ino was there, TenTen and even Temari. "Hey guys" I greeted awkwardly it's been a while since I've last spoken like this to them.

"Sakura-chan!" They exclaimed and went to hug me. That's when I noticed the small little beings running around the place and one in a rocking crib.

"Inojin, sweetheart I want you to meet someone." Ino had said to a little boy no older than 1. "Sakura, this is my son, Inojin. Turned out that I was pregnant a while back and I had no clue! Would you believe that. Just thinking about it makes me feel ridiculous." She said in disbelief as she remembered old memories when she found out she was pregnant.

"And this is my little Boruto. He's barely 2 months old but he sure acts like his father." Hinata said as she brought the small baby from the crib to her arms. His blonde hair and little blue eyes looked like a smaller version of Naruto himself.

"They're so precious"I murmured as I got closer to them, and touched their baby hands, they are so cute!

"I don't have a kid yet but, don't worry guys Neji and I are working on it!" TenTen added as a small blush came after her comment as everyone chuckled.

"My kid, is somewhere with his dad right now. He's 1 by the way." Temari added.  That's when a small baby that looked like she had 10 months crawled to Naruto.

"I thought you said you only had one kid, Naruto?" I asked as I took notice of the small child. That's when my heart dropped a bit, her features remind me so much of those of an Uchiha. Could it be?

"Oh she's not mine she's —"

"Naruto, why'd you call me for? Remember I have to take care of Hotaru." Sasuke had said as he entered the room.

"Ah It's because, Sakura..." Naruto began but couldn't finished as Sasuke cut him off as he skimmed the room until his eyes landed on me.

"Sakura..."

"Hey, It's been a while." I said to him, trying my best to smile. I mean I can't blame him for moving on. It was bound to happen someday. But even though I knew this was coming why does it hurt?

"It sure has..." he said but then Hotaru began to cry so he had to go get her. "Sakura, I want you to meet Hotaru, my niece." He said with a smile. Wait did he say niece?

"Niece?"

"Yeah, she's Itachi's and Izumi's daughter." He said as if it was nothing. A wave of relief washed over me, making me realize how egoistic I am... how selfish..

"So Sakura tell us, where have you been for an entire year! One day we fought the Akatsuki, gave you a hug and the next thing we wake up in a hospital and you're gone." Ino said as she carried her son towards Hotaru so they can play.

"I was in a hospital, I was barely discharged a few days ago actually." I said sheepishly.

"What?!" The girls and Naruto exclaimed.

"How did I not know of this?" Naruto asked upset.

"I think it was confidential or something like that sorry minna." So that's why it explains the whole not visiting me type of thing. They had no clue where I even was .

"So, what happened to you while your stay in the hospital, Sakura-chan?" TenTen asked.

"Tests, and more tests. But most of the time I passed it sleeping, or talking to Lady Tsunade or Jiraiya-sama." I told them. During my time in the hospital it was mainly for recuperating and recovering. I'm still working on it but I'm better now than I was a year ago.

"Ohhh" Naruto said.

Throughout the whole day, we caught up with events that I've missed during my absence. I explained to them that starting next month I'm going back to doing missions. And when the reunion and dinner was about to end Naruto pulled me aside and asked about Inner.

A breaking feeling was felt in my heart, and when I looked at his ocean blue eyes it shattered my will to contain my tears. "She's gone...I-It's all my fault." I told him as tears rolled out of my eyes like waves.

He looked at me with sympathy and gave me a hug. That's right, Naruto was always by my side, and once he was gone I lost myself losing everything dear to me. Without knowing, Naruto was the only person that helped me get through, and once he left I had nothing left because he was the only one that understood me, the only one that wasn't afraid. And if he was he hid it well with a smile.

But nevertheless, I'm happy he finally has moved on, has a family now and has the dream job he always desired.

"Y-you're going to be okay now Sak, even though we have kids and all, we will still be there for you. Especially Sasuke-teme that bastard has waited for you for years, and years I mean like woah he truly does love you aye Sak. So don't ever feel alone because you have everyone right there for you. We aren't Inner, nor Kurama-sama but we are your friends. And friends stick together no matter what."

I nodded meekly, and looked up at the sky, admiring it. It feels nice to be alive, yet why do I feel like I don't deserve it.

"Sakura, you're leaving without a goodbye?" Temari said behind us. And everyone behind her agreed.

I turned around with a small smile and bowed to them. "I wasn't planning on it, but I must get going now. Lady Tsunade is waiting for me." I apologetically told them.

"Oh, well it was nice seeing you again Sakura. You should visit all of us more often. And when I mean all of us is all of us. We missed you bill board brow." Ino said.

"Hai, I promise I will." I told them before waving them goodbye.

I was about to leave the Uzumaki property when someone yelled at me to wait.

I turned around and saw Sasuke with Hotaru in his arms.

"Yeah? What is it?" I asked still not comprehending why he told me to wait.

"I'll walk you home." He said as he hid his blush behind his bangs.

"Oh...okay." I said with a small smile.

We walked silently, and before we could reach Lady Tsunade's home an old lady stopped us.

"What a cute couple I see here. Your daughter is so cute! Sorry for the intrusion, but I just had to compliment you young people that look so good together." She said with a smile.

We were about to tell her that we weren't a couple and that Hotaru was definitely not our daughter. But she interrupted us and handed us a lollipop, "for your daughter. And I hope you're relationship is prosperous. I see a great future for both of you." She said and gazed at me with a shine in her eyes.

Wow, this is totally not weird.

"Thank you." I said politely. We bowed to her and watched her fragile body leave.
"That was weird wasn't it." Sasuke nervously said with a chuckle.

"Yeah..." I replied. "Here let me help you with Hotaru." I said to him as I saw him struggle a bit to keep the poor child asleep in his arms.

He handed her over with so much delicacy. Once we had reached Lady Tsunade's home I invited him in so he could lay baby Hotaru in my bed. It was getting chilly and if she stays outside any longer she would catch a cold.

During the time she was asleep Sasuke and I talked about what has happened throughout the years.

"Sakura I know this is so sudden, but would you like to go on a date with me tomorrow?" He asked while fidgeting with his hands.

"Sure, I would love to." I replied back, making him look at me.

"Okay! I'll see you tomorrow then." He said and went to get Hotaru.

When he got her, I handed him a blanket. "It'll keep her warm." I said to him. He nodded and bid goodbye.

When I closed the door behind me, his presence disappeared. He probably teleported...

"So a date huh?" I heard lady Tsunade's voice echo from the couch. W-when did she get there?!

"L-Lady Tsunade..." I stammered, I didn't even notice she was home.

"If you're planning to go on a date then you should definitely try to manage to hide that half crescent on your forehead, Sakura. It only appears when you're experiencing a mix of emotions...unlike the purple diamond, the half crescent is more powerful." She explained as she took sips of her Sake.

"H-hai!"

"How was dinner at the Uzumaki's?"

"It was nice, I saw everyone else and was able to meet their little babies. Have you seen them? They're so cute! And Lady Tsunade why didn't you tell them I was in the hospital?"  I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"That's because if they hanged out in the hospital too much it would've stressed you, and remember you were in a critical state so if something had gone wrong it would've cost someone's life. That's why." She explained.

"Oh.." was I so unstable to the point of being dangerous to my own friends?

"Kiddo, I'm going out. I'll be back later, so don't wait for me, tomorrow you have a date to attend." She said to me in a teasing voice.

"Alright. Please stay safe Lady Tsunade, and don't cause Shizune-San any trouble."

"Excuse What do you take me for young lady? I am a grown woman that can take care of herself without causing trouble to other people." She replied.

"Hai hai. Good night Lady Tsunade."

"Good night Kiddo." She said and closed the door behind her.

I walked to my room, and counted sheeps' until I fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 7K 72
Sasuke Uchiha has just reencountered with Naruto after first seeing Sakura and Kakashi after a while: "Why are you fixated on me?! Why do you care?!"...
142K 4K 33
#1 in yaoifanfic ! (12/06/2021) #33 in Pride! (1/09/2021) STORY IS GOING THROUGH EDIT (DATES WILL BE PROVIDED) This is the story of Naruto Uz...
907K 19.3K 29
What if Naruto left the village when he was 6 years old after unlocking a powerful Doujutsu from a near death experience and joined the Akatsuki, and...
10.8K 380 115
What if Suzume Uchiha had never existed as she was known? What if the legacy had not changed her and thus there had never been a war? And what would...