My Bad Boy

By notsoverytypicalgirl

Lucy Anastasia Evans. The bad ass chick in town. She’s the one you don’t wanna mess around with. She’s the gi... More

My Bad Boy
Chapter 1 - Introducing Me?
Chapter 2 - How They're Left Hanging
Chapter 4 - A Day of Greatness *Note the Sarcasm*
Chapter 5 - The Tour Guide and The Going to be Best Friend in No Time
Chapter 6 - Lunch Break
CHAPTER 7 - The Traditional Way

Chapter 3 - Slightly Remembering

137 13 10
By notsoverytypicalgirl

(WARNING: THIS IS UNEDITED)
Chap three :) Enjoy! :)

***

CHAPTER 3 - Slightly Remembering

I woke up from the loud engines of the trucks outside the house and several loud knocks of my door.

"LUCE, GET UP! THE TRUCKS ARE HERE! GET YOUR THINGS DOWN! IT'S MOVING DAY!" It's Landon's voice from outside my door.

But instead of getting up, I covered my whole body with the blanket and covered my ears from the knocks and engines.

I mean, are truck engines really that noisy? They could wake the whole neighborhood for crying out loud!

 Thankfully, in a matter of seconds it stopped. But just when I thought I could go back to a peaceful sleep and forget this moving thing, Landon breaks in my room.

"C'mon, Get up. Get up Get up Get up." He patted my leg.

I groaned and slightly kicked his hands off.

"Go Away." I said under my blanket.

"What?"

"Go away!"

"What?"

Oh no. Not this again! I thought knowing what Landon was doing.

"GO AWAY LANDON!"

"What?"

 He does this whenever I don't get up from bed which is really, really annoying.................... And effective.

"Okay! Fine! I'm up! Damn it!" I finally burst out of my blanket.

"There you go!" He said grinning widely.

"I love you Landon but sometimes you are such an asshole."

"I know and I love you too lil' sis" He still has that grin in his face. "Breakfast will be in ten minutes" he says and started to head out. "And your girls is here" he finished just before he close the door.

I stood up lazily and head to the bathroom and took a warm morning shower. After that I grabbed the clothes I prepared last night for today which was a white T-shirt that has a crown drawn in the middle of it, blue jeans and my flat sandals. I brushed my teeth, hair dried my hair and put some very light make-up on before going downstairs.

When we finished pancake breakfast, with the girls and the two truck drivers, I went back to my room and grabbed my boxes to the truck. Brenda and Karen also helped while Mae just nagged about me dumping Eric yesterday. She keeps telling me that I wasted the opportunity to actually go out with him and finally have my first boyfriend.

"Mae, that won't even make sense. Can’t you see? I am moving! Tell me, how can I have a relationship with someone who is a hundred miles away from me?" I stared at her with my brow raised after I place the last box to the truck.

I figured she's still processing her answer so I just started to walk back to the house.

"You could always do a long distance relationship?" her statement came out more of like as a question.

"No. Just… no. Mae, we all know that won’t ever work with Lucy.” Brenda butted in.

Karen and I nodded to Mae’s direction.

She made a deep sigh, "Fine."

While waiting, they sat at the couch in the living room while I headed back to my bedroom.

"Hey, where are you going?" Brenda asked as she noticed me walking away.

"I'll just check if I left anything behind" I answered, looking back at them after a couple of steps.

I opened my door wide and stepped inside. The room is literally spiritless. The only thing that's left is the bed with nothing but thin white sheets covering it, the closet which my clothes were kept before and the table with the mirror attached to it which I used to look at while putting make-up on before school. For the last time, I pulled the chair under the table and sat there facing my reflection. I stared at my ocean blue eyes and later notice the light freckles on my nose which is almost invisible due to the light make-up I applied just this morning. After a moment of staring at myself, in the corner of my eye I saw something inside the slightly open drawer of the table. I opened it wider checking if there was really something and that I wasn't just seeing things. And there was. At the edge of the drawer lay a faint golden necklace with a half part of the heart broken that has the letter D written in the middle of it. I smiled as I picked it up. I remember this was given to me by a little boy 7 years ago. We were about the same age and he also has the other side of the broken heart which I'm pretty sure has the letter L written on it, that stands for Lucy. It's a shame that I forgot what D stands for. After that incident, I forgot about half of my good memories. Because of the trauma, I even forgot what his name was. Wait, was it David? Or Dexter? Or Daniel? Or Denxo? I don't even think I'm close!

How could you forget his name? You are so stupid Clay. Just plain stupid. You even almost left it behind! My subconscious just pops out and scolds me.

Man! I hate her! Partly because she's very annoying and partly because she's always right. Honestly, I'm worried every time my subconscious just pops out of the blue because that means something is bound to happen. And I say this from experiences.

I wonder if he still has it now. Or probably not. I mean, it's been 7 years already. He probably threw it away years ago.

He's the one who gave that to you dummy! Of course he still has it! And yet you dare forget his name! she scold me again. I just rolled my eyes in response and put on the necklace around my neck.

---

We're all set and ready to go. Lily and I are on Landon's car and mom is with dad in his car.

"Bye Mr. and Mrs. Clay!" the three of them waved their hands as mom and dad first took off then turned to face me inside the passenger's seat.

"Have fun there." Mae warmly smiles at me.

"But not too much fun." Karen added with her kind of strict face but I gave them a reassuring smile.

"Of course! And I'll contact you soon too." They smiled then Landon starts the car.

"Bye Luce" They said simultaneously knowing that it's time to go.

"Bye Lily" They said in unison again as if it was rehearsed before.

"Bye Landon" and again.

Landon waved his hands to them and Lily answered them goodbye with a smile that showed her dimples and with that, we head off.

It's his last day of vacation here. This might be the last time we'll see each other. He told me yesterday to meet him at the tree near the hill where he first took me after he saved me from those big ugly bullies 7 days ago. And I am going now. I told mom and dad I will be seeing this friend today and they gave me permission to do that. So I am going now.

I walk around town and saw the entrance to the woods beside the town's bakery. I walked pass through it to the woods until I met the end of it and there I saw the big tree at the end, standing alone, far from other big trees in the woods, surrounded by slightly long dark grasses by the hill. No one was there. He’s still not here so I took my seat beside the big tree's trunk and waited while I leisurely enjoy the view of our small town below as the soft wind beautifully blew.

"BAH!" someone shook my shoulders hard from behind, disturbing the silence with the sudden blare. I screech as my eyes widen then turned back and saw it was him. He threw his head back, clutching his stomach while laughing foolishly at my reaction.

"You... shouldv'e...  hahahaha... your face...  hahahahaha..  so... hahahaha... hilarious.." His words stumble from his mouth as he laughed. He now embraced the trunk of the tree as if his life depends on it from laughing out loud while I am catching my breathe from his flabbergasting pleasantry. As soon as I recovered, I punched his arms I think too many times because he had told me to stop.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! Okay! Stop! It hurts man hands!" he said as his laugh subsided and caress his arm with his other hand.

"Don't do that! I could’ve died! -" I paused, thinking of the next words to say. "- from... from... from heart attack! And I'm only 10 years old!" I wailed.

"Stop exaggerating grandma. No ten years old dies from heart attack." He wittily replied.

"Well, I will be the first one if you keep on doing that, dimwit." I answered back. His laugh is starting again but I punched him just before he continues.

"Alright. Alright. I'm done. Your punches are sick, man hands. How come you didn’t do that to those bullies." I just rolled my eyes to what he said.

 At least he stopped.

 He sits beside me and placed his backpack in front of us.

"What do you have there?" I inquired quite excitedly.

He opened it and took out some snacks. "Food" he answered simply with a big grin on his face. I can't help but smile too. He brought my snack favorites! Oreos and Cheetos! Cookies are his. He even took two white paper cups and a bottle of milk.

In a span of one week he knew me better than anyone my age.

 As soon as he took out everything, we ate. I dipped my Oreos to the milk in my cup and so did he with his cookies. We both just talked and laughed most of the time and even started an eating contest which he titled Put as much. The rule was put as much Cheetos in the mouth and count it while you one by one place it, whoever placed more wins. Sadly, for me, it ended up him as the winner. We were both having so much fun together and I am happy. Very happy but deep, deep inside, I am sad because minutes from now I know he'll be leaving. Maybe for good. And it pains me to think that now I finally found someone who I'm comfortable with, someone I can share my secrets with, someone I can laugh and probably cry with and yet his leaving. He looked at his wristwatch and frowned. With that, I know it's time for him to go. He faced me and I too can't hide the grimace on my face. Neither one of us wants to get up. But someone has to. So, I stood up and took his hands to help him and he complied.

We walked back together to my house and tried not to think that he has to leave. The moment we reached my house, we bid our goodbyes to each other as if we were meeting again tomorrow. I turned with a heavy heart and started to walk inside.

"Wait" I stop in my tracks as I heard him. I turned to face back at him.

"Hmm?"

He reached for the small pocket of his backpack and grabbed something.

"I almost forgot" he says as he pulled two necklaces with one broken heart hanging at each one. One has D written on it and one has L. He took my right hand and placed the one that has D on it in my palm and closes it.

"Keep that. So you could never forget me" he smiled.

We placed the two broken hearts together and it mended into a one perfect heart. I smiled as I looked at it then smiled as I faced him as well. Our smiling eyes met and mine widens as he leans closer and kissed my cheek. It was my first cheek kiss apart from mom and dad and Landon, they're not counted. I can feel my face heating up. But this time it's his turn to be shocked because without knowing I also leaned closer to kiss his cheek.

"Thank you" I whisper as I lean back.

"Luce" a familiar voice called me.

"Lucy" it's Landon. He shook my shoulder lightly. My eyes are now half open.

"Luce, wake up. We're here." 

_____End of Chap 3

Thanks so much for reading :) C & V? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637 40 17
"If you hate me so much, then why do you stick around?!" I yelled. "I don't hate you. You're just so fucking annoying!" He yelled back, throwing his...
973K 15.9K 87
{Completed} I bend her over the table and smack her perfect shaped ass. She moaned in response and oh how it was music to my ear. I place my dick at...
189K 6.4K 21
Melanie (aka Mel) has just moved to Indiana. She, is eighteen and is in her last year of high school. Her mom is a nurse and works a lot of late shi...
307K 9.3K 41
"You have lost your mind, what the hell do you think you're doing?" She yells at me. "Don't start with me." "I'm not starting shit, Elijah! This was...