Habits

By jynxyouowemeyoursoul

Nellie Lovett has always been in love with Benjamin Barker. Though when he returned to Fleet Street after th... More

Silent Demons
Justice
Regrets
Deadly Love
Questions
Really Living
Return
Truth
News
No More Hiding
Mistakes
The Cry Of Demons
Giving Up
The Plan
A Life Together My Pet
Blackpool
Monster
Does It Ever Get Better?
Secrets That Can't Be Told
Not While I'm Around
Free From Fear
Reunited With The Past
Promises
Moving Backwards
Haunted
Dangerous Secrets
Leaving It All Behind
Living Life Apart
Changes
Disappearance
Beautiful
The Sea

Return

217 9 1
By jynxyouowemeyoursoul

A/N: I'm really sorry about how long this took to get out. I was hoping to get it out earlier but there was a lot that changed. I spent an entire day just trying to figure out the plot and this chapter ran through a weekend full of plans and two horrible days at school so I tried my best to write it as quickly as possible and I think I did okay. Hope you enjoy.

The sound of rain pattering against the windows was calming. The only voice in the room was the one that hummed quietly. It wasn't particularly nice day but the cheery tune echoing through the kitchen brightened things up.

"Toby!" She called out as she walked down the hall, her humming coming to a stop, "I need ya to help with breakfast!"

The boys door opened and he stumbled out, yawning and rubbing his eyes. He looked as if he hadn't gotten any sleep and he felt even worse. His head hurt like hell and he felt as if he was going to throw up. Eleanore could instantly tell that he was sick and began to worry.

"Are ya alright?" She asked, rushing over to him.

"I'm fine mum, just a little sick is all. I'll be okay, but a day off would be nice." Toby replied, his voice scratchy.

"O' course, I'll let ya rest. I'll see if Johanna can help."

Toby walked back to his bed and fell back onto the mattress while Eleanore  closed the door. Well the day was continuing to look down. Toby being sick meant less help around the house. Both Johanna and Nellie agreed that when Toby was gone everything got harder. The sight of the pile of dishes next to the sink dragged a sigh from Eleanore's lips. Another long day of work lay in front of her.

——————————————————

Yet again Sweeney was unable to sleep. He was up, waiting for Richard to fall asleep. He'd finally made up his mind to leave. There was one final ship to Blackpool and if he didn't make this ship he'd be stuck in London for the winter. He got to his feet and looked into Richards room happy to see him asleep.  Grabbing his bag of very few belongings he left the house heading quickly for the docks.

The idea of returning home scared him more than anything, he was sure that everyone hated him. Sweeney couldn't imagine how badly he'd hurt Eleanore. He could barely remember the reason he left her. He knew Lucy was dead but he knew how much Eleanore had regretted lying to him.

Why was he so negligent of what he had? There was a beautiful, new life  he could have had but he threw it away because of a simple mistake. Out of all the pain he'd caused Eleanore he knew this was the worst.

The longer he stayed away from Eleanore the further from reality he felt. Sweeney looked up from the cobbled streets of London. Time seemed to stop and his fear heightened. There was no ship, to not at the docks. In the distance he could see the outline of the boat but nothing else. He continued to walk, not believing he could be too late.

"No." The word tumbled from his lips, "No!"

Now at the edge of the dock he stared out at the water. He refused to give up. This was his only chance, he couldn't allow this situation to get any worse. But it was impossible to get to Eleanore now. There was no way to reach her. No. He would get to her, or he would die trying.

——————————————————

Toby was fast asleep when Eleanore walked into his room with a glass of water. Placing the water on the small bedside table she laid a hand on Toby's forehead. He didn't have a fever which made her calm down a bit. He was definitely getting better. Nellie leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on his head before stiffening at the sound of glass shattering followed by a quiet scream.

Eleanore stood without hesitation and hurried over to Johanna which seemed petrified. Johanna lifted a shaking hand and pointed to the door. Nellie turned, at first not understanding what was wrong but then she realized.

"Oh my god." She whispered.

A tall, slender man stood in front of her. A man she had tried so hard to forget. A man who looked started and was soaked from head to toe. His hair was a dark, charcoal color and his face scarily pale as always. He had the same sunken eyes and pained expression. He took a step forward but Eleanore stepped back pulling Johanna away as well.

"Get out." She stated watching his expression change slightly.

Sweeney could see the hatred in her eyes but he could also see the pain. The guilt he felt was overwhelming but he proceeded to take another step in her direction. The anger in her eyes hurt him more than the icy water on his skin or the cuts and bruises on his arms and legs. He began to speak, his gravelly voice dark and terrifying.

"I'm not leaving. Not until we talk."

His statement made Nellie even more angry, "What is there to talk about? Our relationship being over because I'll gladly discuss that."

Her words hurt. Too much. He'd made such a horrible mistake. For so long he'd been scared of losing Nellie but he was the only on who brought his fear to life. It wasn't over, he wouldn't let it end. He wouldn't allow himself to lose his group on reality again. Sweeney could see the tears in both Eleanore and Johanna's eyes.

"Oh father," Johanna whispered, "You really did come back."

She slowly approached him despite Nellie hissing at her to stay back. Johanna saw her fathers cold, deep expression melt and he give her a soft smile. Finally standing in front of him she wrapped her arms around him. He was standing in front of him she wrapped her arms around him. He was frozen and soaked but she didn't care.

Sweeney hugged his daughter back and looked over her shoulder at Nellie. She met his eyes for a moment before turning her back on him and leaving the room. How could Johanna forgiven him so quickly? He'd left them. Left them alone with hardly any money for over month! How could anyone love him? He was a monster! A demon! Someone Nellie wished she hadn't gotten attached to.

She slammed the door to her room and wipef the tears from her eyes. She wouldn't cry over the bastard. He meant nothing to her anymore. He would he gone in days. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of winning, not this fight.

——————————————————

In a single day Sweeney had taken over the house again. He'd won back Toby and Johanna with his sappy speech but he wouldn't fool Eleanore. She spent all her time in her room, avoiding Sweeney. Whenever he'd try to talk to her she'd give him a cold stare and walk away. She didn't want to hear him. Just him returning to Blackpool disgusted her but hearing his voice made everything worse. She would lock her door at night but would still have to block out his knocking.

He was haunting her. The man wouldn't leave her alone even when she slept. She wanted him out but he refused to leave. Johanna and Toby were on his side as well making everything harder. She felt lost in her own home. Sweeney was making her life miserable. Every night it was the same. She woke up, grabbed a glass of gin and something to eat. Ignore Sweeney when her tried to talk which he would. Stay in her room. Leave to make dinner. Slam her door in Sweeney's face. It didn't change, until today.

"Eleanore I just want to talk!" Sweeney said following her down the dark hallway.

"And I don't want to!" She replied, not bothering to look at him.

She finally reached her room and pushed the door open, turning only to slam it, as usual, in Sweeney's face. But this time, she didn't hear the door slam shut. It simply stopped. She could see Sweeney's hand holding the door open.

"We need to talk." The firm voice on the opposite side of the door scared her.

"No we don't!" She cried out slamming all of her weight against the door but it moved barely an inch.

She tried her to best to close the door but when a shove from the hallway hit the door she stumbled back watching in fear as Sweeney entered. His eyes were now dark and she could see a bruise forming in the palm of his hand where he'd held open the door. She backed away from him and his her face, fearful he would hit her.

"Now Eleanore," he growled, "Shall I speak?"

She didn't respond, too afraid to say anything. She didn't want him here. She wanted to be anywhere but in front of him right now. She was powerless. Defenseless. No matter what he planned on doing to her she wouldn't be able to stop him. His expression was difficult to read which scared her.

"Why won't you listen when I say I'm sorry! I made a huge mistake! I know that! I take responsibility for it! I can't even begin to express all my guilt! You have to understand, so just fucking listen!" His eyes were wide with that look of insanity Nellie was so used to.

Nellie turned to face him, all the fear she was previously feeling disappeared, "And why should I listen to ya? After all the time ya spent in London ya never once thought to write! I didn't believe that ya left, I thought Johanna was lyin' to me! I trusted ya! And ya broke that trust! I gave ya all my love and after one mistake ya took it all and left!"

"And I regretted it the second I left! I was fighting myself to return but I couldn't bring myself to do it! I thought that you'd hate me and I was scared! But I should have turned around immediately, now I know that!"

"I'm glad that ya know now but it doesn't matter! Sweeney I used to love ya so much, but I take no hesitation in saying I hate ya!"

Sweeney looked at the ground. Damn that hurt. Every word felt like a shot to the chest. He knew he'd hurt her, but he didn't know he hurt her this badly.

"There, you've had your talk. Now get the hell out of my room."

——————————————————

No one spoke. No one dared to. Sweeney exchanged an awkward look with Johanna before staring back at his plate. Clearing his throat his started talking, "Well, today was a strange day."

His response was a few slow nods but nothing more.

"Do you figure we should do something tomorrow? The park is sure to be beautiful with all the snow."

A few more nods, but only from Johanna and Toby, "Nellie?"

"Mrs. Lovett to ya." She responded flatly, "And no, Johanna and Toby can go with ya, I'm stayin' here. I'm not goin' anywhere with ya."

Sweeney sighed, "Don't turn this into another fight,"

Nellie felt tears brimming in her eyes, "Oh Mista T if ya didn't want to fight maybe ya shouldn't have left your family behind. Consider yaself lucky that your not dead yet ya arse."

"Mrs. Lovett!" Johanna cried out.

Eleanor felt attacked by the stares she received, "Don't look at me like that! Ya know what he did! Your a fool to have forgiven him so quickly!"

She huffed and pushed her chair back the wood scraping against the floor causing everyone besides Eleanore to cover their ears.

"Eleanore," Sweeney started, standing.

She simply turned glaring at him and left the room quickly. Johanna laid a hand on her fathers shoulder pulling him back into his chair.

"Why must you always take my side?" He said quietly leaving a confused look on Johanna's face.

"I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about."

"This is a fight Nellie has to win. I love her more than anyone but she needs time and I have to accept that. She feels hurt, I'm your number one priority. It should be her. Leave me out of this. I hurt her, I hurt her badly. Just let her win."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 922 37
What happens when Benjamin gets Nellie pregnant? Read and find out.
3.3K 133 32
When his world crumbles down, Sweeney Todd is given a second chance. Will he be able to escape his destiny?
77.6K 2.4K 20
She watched him become somebody she grew to fear. The man helped her escape from prison, and yet imprisoned her next to him. ❝A thrilling story that...
2.9K 177 13
DISCONTINUED #7 in #jolena #46 in #johnnydepp #10 in #helenabonhamcarter #5 in #sweenett #14 in #sweeneytodd #3 in #toddett /!\MATURE CONTENENT/!\ Mr...